Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Blanc on the verge of leaving PSG

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: PSG
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Blanc has left the club guess that means Simeone coming in but not sure why it's all taken so long

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris Saint-Germain have appointed former Sevilla boss Unai Emery as their new coach on a two-year contract.

Emery replaces Laurent Blanc, who departed the French champions on Monday after three years in the job.

Emery led Sevilla to three consecutive Europa League titles, before leaving the club earlier this month.

The former Real Sociedad midfielder coached Valencia from 2008-12, before moving to Andalusia with Sevilla.

"It is with great pride that I agreed to become the Paris Saint-Germain coach," said Emery.

"The club has become one of the biggest in Europe over the past few seasons and I am both happy and honoured to be able to help realise its great ambitions.

"I am eager to meet up with my new players as well as the people who work tirelessly every day to help the club grow.

"I know that an immense fervour exists around the Paris Saint-Germain and I will be giving my best to ensure its millions of fans have a great deal to cheer about."

PSG chairman and CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi said: "I am very happy to welcome Unai Emery as the new coach of Paris Saint-Germain.

"Unai will bring to the club all his experience, his passion and his strong management skills and human qualities.

"He has a proven talent to get the most out of a team. I am convinced that our fans will love the spectacular style of football our team will play with Unai."

Blanc left having won 11 trophies in three years in the top job. But he failed to bring the Parisians success in Europe, never going beyond the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:33 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Hatem Ben Arfa has signed with the club. 17 goals in 32 for Nice, last season

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:03 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Good signing he's on a free transfer fills a position they a new player in now that Cavani is moving into the middle and he seems to have grown up a lot in the last 12 months but that might be because he was the superstar at Nice he felt more comfortable as everyone loved him. Scored some fantastic goals for Nice last season.

Be interesting to see if PSG go for a big name this summer they are strongly linked with James Rodriguez but where does he fit into that team?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:29 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris Saint-Germain have signed the Poland midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak from Sevilla on a five-year deal.

The 26-year-old, the second signing for PSG’s new coach Unai Emery after Hatem Ben Arfa arrived from Nice on a two-year contract, was one of Poland’s best players as they reached the Euro 2016 quarter-finals, losing to Portugal on penalties.

“I’m coming to Paris to experience strong emotions and to win as many trophies as possible,” Krychowiak, who has 38 caps, said. “This new challenge in my career promises to be a passionate one.”

No financial details were given but PSG are believed to have paid an initial fee of around €30m for Krychowiak, who had three years left on his existing contract. He also played for two seasons under Emery at Sevilla, winning the Europa League twice. The combative central midfielder played in the French league for Reims, Nantes and Bordeaux.

“It’s with great pride that I come back to France to wear the jersey of a club that’s as ambitious as Paris Saint-Germain,” he said. “Working alongside Unai Emery again obviously counted in my decision.”

During an interview with Le Parisien newspaper in May, the PSG president Nasser al-Khelaifi praised the fighting spirit and tactical nous shown by Sevilla during their Europa League campaign. “I’m very happy Grzegorz Krychowiak is joining us. He’s played very well over the past two seasons for Sevilla, especially in Europe,” Al-Khelaifi said. “He represents the values of rigor and combativeness that are dear to the club, to the fans and to our new coach. He is without doubt going to be an important member of our squad.”

Krychowiak is likely to play in a midfield three alongside Italy’s Marco Verratti and the France midfielder Blaise Matuidi.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:50 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris St-Germain have appointed former Netherlands striker Patrick Kluivert as their director of football.

The 40-year-old leaves the Ajax under-19 job he had just taken this summer to work with new head coach Unai Emery at the French champions.

Kluivert had spells with Ajax, Barcelona and Newcastle as a player and has been Netherlands assistant manager and managed Curacao's national side.

"I am extremely honoured to join such a great club," he said.

"I will conduct my mission with great ambition and rigour. We are all in Paris to reach the very high objectives set by the club and meet the expectations of the players and supporters alike.

"As I am moving to Paris, I would also like to express my gratitude to Ajax Amsterdam, the club thanks to which I discovered top-level football and which has always given me their trust."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:26 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris St-Germain have signed Spanish forward Jese from Real Madrid for an undisclosed fee on a five-year deal.

The 23-year-old joined Real at the age of 14 and was part of their Champions League-winning squads in 2014 and 2016.

He will link up with former Sevilla boss Unai Emery, who succeeded Laurent Blanc as PSG manager in June.

"It will be a great pleasure to work under the direction of Unai Emery, who has developed an excellent reputation," Jese told the PSG website.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:56 am 
Major General
Major General

Will be bought back next season ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:30 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

pakrooney wrote:
Will be bought back next season ..

Buy back clauses are apparently illegal in France so no way that can be forced to happen! I think if PSG want him they can give him everything he'd desire money and trophies wise. Just if Jese pushes to leave will tell whether THEPSG project is right for him or not!

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:51 am 
Major General
Major General

Not sure but Zidane said he will be gone for a season .. then he will return .. didnt knew buy-back clause illegal in france ..I think it maybe a mutual consent between 2 clubs ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Rumours are they're close to signing Julian Draxler from Wolfsburg for €45m

He's been told he'll never play for Wolfsburg again obviously talented but sounds like there's baggage

They need some new blood at PSG they're struggling this season, the new coach in under pressure and Di Maria is getting stick for apparently not looking that interested

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:13 pm 
Major General
Major General

There is def a baggage but this guy oozez class .. Would give numerous option to emery ..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Unai Emery admits that Paris Saint-Germain could be tempted to sell Jese Rodriguez if it is “best for the team and best for him”.

Rodriguez joined the French giants in a £21m deal in the summer, the winger joining from Real Madrid on a five-year deal.

But the 23-year-old has found playing opportunities difficult to come by this season, and he has made just one Ligue Un start in his first six months.

Liverpool emerged as contenders for his signature when Las Palmas president Miguel Angel Ramirez revealed that the Reds were interested in signing the Spaniard.

Roma have also been linked with the forward, and PSG boss Emery admits a sale could go through in January.

“Jese needs to play. When he has played I have been pleased because he has worked well and is involved with the team,” Emery told Marca.

“Yet it is difficult for him to get the continual playing time that gives him confidence.

“So we have spoken about, and we will analyse after the break, the possibilities that are best for the team and best for him, keeping in mind what will help him meet his expectations as a footballer.”

Was a strange one when he went there considering the options they already had in wide positions felt almost like it was a favour to either an agent they're close to or maybe Real Madrid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris St-Germain have signed Benfica winger Goncalo Guedes for £25.5m.

The 20-year-old joins on a four-and-a-half-year deal, and Benfica could receive £6m more if he is sold on.

PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi said the deal for the Portugal international was completed despite rival interest from "numerous European clubs".

Earlier in January, PSG signed 23-year-old Germany forward Julian Draxler from Wolfsburg for a reported 42m euros (£35.5m).

Guedes said he hoped "to become as popular" as countryman Pauleta, the prolific striker who scored 109 goals for PSG between 2003 and 2008.

French champions PSG are currently third in the Ligue 1 table, three points behind leaders Monaco.

Guedes has played 68 times for Benfica, scoring 11 goals and providing 16 assists.

He made his professional debut with the club's reserve team, who play in Portugal's second tier, at the age of 17.

He has made two appearances for Portugal, but was not part of their Euro 2016-winning squad.

Literally never heard of him but considering what they've spent on him I assume he's probably quite good

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:36 pm 
Major General
Major General

He was constantly linked with United. Style is bit like Ronaldo from Left wing but many thinks he will end up CF ..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Goncalo Guedes says that he “always wanted to pick” Paris Saint-Germain, despite attracting attention from Manchester United.

Guedes joined French giants PSG for £25.5million in January, with the Benfica winger also a target for a number of other clubs.

Manchester City were interested, but it was United who were more heavily linked with the Portuguese star.

The 20-year-old explains that he considered joining United, but that he joined PSG to feel “more at home”.

“I always wanted to pick Paris,” Guedes told RMC Sport. “I know that English and French football are different but honestly, I think that for someone my age, for someone young, it was better to come to PSG because it’s a big club.

“Manchester would have helped me too, but I’d feel more at home here than in England.”

I think moving to France is the better option than moving to England as for a 20 year old kid it's to big a jump in standard we saw that with Memphis.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:38 pm 
Major General
Major General

But others have come and been successful ..