AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: München Bünchen
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bayern Munich have angered their fans after a media stunt in which they claimed to be unveiling a new striker backfired.

The news generated a huge wave of excitement from fans on social networking sites to see which superstar striker had been brought to the Allianz Arena.

Fans were able to watch the unveiling on the club’s Facebook page, but were disappointed when they tuned in.

Bayern Munich’s general manager Christian Nerlinger was shown in the video unveiling the new player’s identity, only for users to see their own Facebook profile picture.

The users then saw their own name appear on the back of a Bayern Munich number 8 shirt.

“Dear fans, you probably already noticed, that we did not sign a new player,” a statement on Bayern Munich’s Facebook page read. “This app is for our fans to show the importance of you for our club.”

Within half an hour of the announcement the Bayern Munich explanation had attracted well over 3,000 comments, almost universally negative.

“Failed PR campaign, very, very weak,” said one commenter, Tim Wiedmann.

“You stupid idiots! I’ve sacrificed my lunch break for a bad joke,” added Bunyamin Divarci. “Those responsible must feel the consequences.”

For a club widely regarded as the best run club in world football this is an epic fail.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Bayern Munich PR disaster
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:50 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Highscores: 8
Quote:
“I’ve sacrificed my lunch break for a bad joke. Those responsible must feel the consequences.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:56 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
:lol: oh dear... looks like the club has some apologising to do there.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:31 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Great idea lol, but they picked the wrong cover story for fans who by the sounds of it are desperate for a new player! :snigger:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:36 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Don't think there's a general Bayern thread so I'm using this one.

Hearing rumours Bayern are interested in Javi Martinez. Would love him at United.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Post subject: Re: München Bünchen
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:26 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

Bayern Munich have just opened their snazzy new ‘FC Bayern Erlebniswelt’ (‘The Bayern Munich Experience) museum at the Allianz Arena for the first time, which has over 400 exhibits representing the entire history of the club – including vintage tickets, matchballs, a scale cutaway model of the stadium, replicas of every trophy the club have ever won and this corking display of every shirt the club has ever worn in one huge glass case

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Breno jailed for arson
July 4, 2012

Former Bayern Munich defender Breno has been jailed for almost four years after being found guilty of arson.

Police officers look for evidence outside Breno's house

The Munich State Court sentenced Breno, 22, to a prison term of three years and nine months after finding him guilty of deliberately starting the fire which destroyed his home in the city last September.

The free agent, who was released by Bayern at the end of last season and was said to have agreed terms with Lazio, was reported to be in a drunken state when the fire started in his home, shortly after his wife and children had left the building.

Germany's dpa agency quotes Breno telling the courtroom he was sorry for his actions just before the verdict was delivered.

"I would like to apologise for that night,'' he said. "I have not been a good role model. I am just a person who believes in God and thanks him for protecting my family.''

Breno's solicitor Werner Leitner had requested a suspended sentence, or a maximum two-year jail term should his client be found guilty of deliberately starting the blaze while prosecutors suggested an imprisonment of five-and-a-half years.

Judge Rosi Datzmann divided the recommendations with her sentencing, saying the accused had "burdened himself with guilt with this action'', and suggesting that Breno may be allowed to return to Brazil after two and a half years in a German prison.

Breno's former employers Bayern responded with a statement saying they "regret'' the judgement.

"Our hope was that Breno would have been able to continue his career as a footballer and, consequently, his life together with his family,'' said the statement. "FC Bayern will continue to support Breno.''

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:46 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Surely if he was drunk it was an accident not arson?

Bad news all the same, and his career won't exactly wait for him. Does anyone know if they get time off for good behaviour etc. in German prisons like they do in the UK?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:07 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Wow maybe it was a good thing we didn't get involved with martinez lol

Quote:
Martinez denies Bilbao break-in reports
September 12, 2012
By Dermot Corrigan and Stephan Uersfeld

The soap opera that has been Javi Martinez's summer transfer to Bayern Munich took another surreal twist on Tuesday with the player forced to deny widespread reports that he had tried to break into Athletic Bilbao's Lezama training ground last Sunday night to retrieve his remaining belongings.

Javi Martinez joined Bayern Munich from Athletic Bilbao in the summer

Martinez tweeted on the subject on Tuesday afternoon, saying that "It is incredible that there are people who believe this story is correct." Bayern's press office also released a statement from the player saying: "I got there by 11PM and they opened the doors perfectly normally. There is no way you can call it a break-in."

By Wednesday morning the consensus in the Spanish and Basque papers was that Martinez had showed up unannounced at Lezama around midnight last Sunday. Finding the gates to the training ground locked he leaped the six foot high fence and entered the public car-park, where a private security guard spotted what seemed to be an intruder and a confrontation took place.

When Martinez, 24, eventually showed his ID card to the guard the dressing-room was unlocked so that Martinez could pick up a favourite pair of old boots.

Athletic have not commented officially but club sources told Bilbao newspaper El Correo that the incident took place after midnight and that Martinez could have phoned in advance to say he planned to visit and avoided any problems.

The private security company involved (Prosegur) told the paper that the security guard had been correct to be vigilant as there have been a number of attempted burglaries at Lezama in recent weeks.

The confusion further muddies one of the summer's most acrimonious transfers, when the Basque club's president Josu Urrutia had refused to negotiate with Bayern and Athletic fans whistled their former favourite during training at Lezama, before the Bundesliga club paid the player's €40 million release clause to complete his signing.

The saga looks set to continue with Martinez's former side Osasuna claiming they are due €800,000 from the transfer. Bayern president Uli Hoeness told Suddeutsche Zeitung on Tuesday that any money owed was Athletic's responsibility. AS reported on Wednesday morning that Osasuna would take the case to FIFA for arbitration.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Gaurdiola will take over in May.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:09 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
On BBC and Absolute Radio confirming it but nothing on Bayern's website about it . Weird.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm 
Major General
Major General

If that's true then Roman will be going mental :lol:

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:00 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

He was obviously looking for a challenge. I'm suprised he didn't take over at Celtic, with all their difficulties in winning the Scottish PL.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Mourinho should go and take the Dortmund job

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:06 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Incoming Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola is planning a raid on Real Madrid this summer.

Punto Pelota says Guardiola wants to bring Real midfielder Mesut Ozil back to Germany.

Ozil is represented by his father, though he also counts on Pere Guardiola, Pep's brother, as an adviser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:29 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Football has produced some brilliant books in the past 20 years, but it seems safe to say the acme of them all is still the Breedon Book of Football Managers. Not so much a book as an elegiac domesday compendium, the Breedon is an alphabetical biography of every football manager at every club from the dawn of recorded football time.

Attentive and meticulous, above all the Breedon conveys a sense of the loneliness of the early managers, those downtrodden semi-clerical figures, often no more than a moustache, a watch chain, a straw hat, many of whom came to a terrible premature end – run over by a milk truck … died of flu … collapsed on a train – and who, in their basic class-bound captivity, often carried with them a great sense of schemes and plans, of doomed invention, an air of carpetbagging conjury.

One manager invented something called "funnel football". Another devised a tactical plan known as The Whirl. Another set out to build a team containing only players with extreme qualities: the extremely tall, the extremely short, the extremely fast, concocting his own travelling X-men academy.

This early quest for some unquantifiable, even invisible edge has been a recurrent theme throughout the sport's history, and it came to mind again on Tuesday night as Thomas Müller put in the performance of the Champions League quarter-finals, drifting and lurking and generally sidling about with horribly malevolent intent during Bayern Munich's 2-0 defeat of Juventus at the Allianz Arena.

What a player Müller is, albeit one with a distinctly slow-burn appeal, the kind of love-at-fourth-sight merchant it is necessary to watch a few times just to get some sense of, well … exactly what he's doing out there. It is useful to remember that Bayern's inside-outside forward is now credited with having a specific personal superpower. Not quite a playmaker, some way short of a striker, and blessed with no extreme qualities of power or technique, Müller is instead the world's first Raumdeuter, which is German for "space investigator".

His special power is to find space, space invisible to the non-Raumdeuter, and spread into it like a plume of smoke, or a form of insidious footballing dry rot. This is what he produced against Juventus, a frictionless occupation by stealth, always moving – if not moving that much – in search of the single most vital commodity in elite modern football: space, the final and, in fact, pretty much only, frontier. The fact that Müller coined this term himself in a newspaper interview makes it even better. He's sidled in there, that sneaky Raumdeuter. He's found a niche and filled it with himself, no mean feat for a man who doesn't really look like a footballer at all but instead has an endearingly amateurish air, tousle‑haired and skinny-legged, like a junior doctor on a fun run.

True to his supernatural billing, the tactical printout of Müller's contribution against Juventus revealed almost nothing. He attempted a risibly small number of passes. Over 90 minutes he was the only outfield player not to commit a foul or be fouled. He wasn't offside once. In fact, the only occasion he actually needed a referee out there was to blow the whistle after his goal. And yet he was still somehow the central player on the pitch, passive-aggressively dominant, suffocatingly ever‑present.

It is naturally tempting to digress at some self‑loathing length about how wonderful it is that Germany's footballing terminology can include such a concept while in England the announcement that, actually lads, from now on I'm going to play mainly the Raumdeuter role would most likely end in headlocks, dead legs, Chinese burns, uncomprehending rage. The real difference, though, is simply in the nature of Müller's self‑coined superpower.

English players also have extreme qualities but these are generally athletic in nature, reflecting the basic notion of a football match as 10 separate arm wrestles taking place all at once. The very fast and very strong player is commonplace, as is the player who can "hang in the air", conjured once again by Andy Carroll's brilliant headed goal against West Brom last week, Carroll seeming to arrive in the penalty area from some improbably thrilling height, mane flowing, nostrils flared, like a horse hurled from a speeding helicopter.

English football also has its own concept of second sight, the "picture" that the best players are said to carry around inside their head, a future flash of angles, movements, dangling possibilities. This is perhaps best expressed – and here the layman can only guess – as the footballing equivalent of that motorway-driving moment where you're totally in the zone, hypnotised by the road ahead and behind, and suddenly you can literally "see" the four, five, six nearest cars clustered around in formation as you glide between lanes, suede-trim driving gloves magisterially guiding the wheel, aviator react-a-lites glinting, Wild Bean Cafe macchiato holstered snugly in the ergonomic dashboard cup-slot.

It is not a gift open to all. There are players who apparently can't see the picture, or who only see it in flickers: Jermain Defoe gets by perfectly well simply ferreting and sniffing and twirling instinctively, zigzagging about like a man continually on the verge of losing a game of Frogger. Whereas Michael Carrick now seems almost the exact opposite, a player who drifts through matches entirely inside the picture, conscious only of the departing momentum of those around him, like a tanker captain languidly guiding his hull through a matrix of shifting icebergs.

The real difference is that Müller's special, self-coined quality relates not to the concussive, oppositional aspects of football, but to a third-party element: air, space, the absence of people. And perhaps, as the football pitch shrinks and its mysteries are stretched thin by a shared athleticism, space really is all that is left: the Raumdeuter's sniffing out of wormholes and shortcuts, those tiny pockets of unspent possibility. Of course, some will see nothing exceptional in what Müller does, or at least nothing that can't be explained by conventional means. He is a wonderful close-range finisher. He moves intelligently and passes with his head up. Perhaps there is no need to attribute any qualities beyond those that are visible, no need to buy into the fable of the player who sees not just the planets but the dark matter in between. Perhaps the space investigator really is nothing more than another conjurer's trick, a dream of something more. Perhaps the truth is simply somewhere in between. But I, for one, definitely want to believe.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:06 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes has plans to continue in management next season.

Heynckes wants to ditch his retirement plans and carry on coaching, in a shock U-turn that will alert Chelsea and Manchester City.

"I have a right to think carefully about my future and what I should do next," he said. "If a new Pope can be elected at 76 years old, then why shouldn’t I work as a football coach at 68?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bayern Munich remain on course to become the first German team to win a treble after thrashing Wolfsburg 6-1 to reach the domestic cup final.

When already 3-1 up, striker Mario Gomez came off the substitute's bench to score a nine-minute hat-trick.

Bayern will now play Stuttgart or Freiburg in Berlin on 1 June.

They already secured the Bundesliga title with a record six games to spare, and will meet Barcelona in the Champions League semi-finals.

Winger Xherdan Shaqiri was the inspiration behind the Bavarians' victory as he won the ball in the build-up to Mario Mandzukic's opener, set up Arjen Robben for the second and scored following a corner before Gomez's late arrival.

Bayern play Hannover in the league at the weekend and then host Barca in the first-leg of their last-four clash next Tuesday

Saw a stat that Gomez touched the ball 6 times, took 3 shots and scored 3 goals :ohmy:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:50 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Gotze on his way to Bayern by all accounts

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next