Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FM 2013
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Had a decent start to the season, now can't buy a win. My new striker, who my scouts reliably informed me would be a lot better than Danny Kedwell has yet to score in over 1000 hours of football :wall:

So I picked up Josh King on a free, gave him a couple of reserve games to get his fitness, and on his first start for the first team... injured inside 5 minutes and out for 3 months... :wall:

Only plus side is that my defence is playing quite well, got Lainton (free) in goal, with Reece Brown (free), Fitz Hall (free), Paul Robinson (loan from Millwall), and Adam Blakeman (free), all averaging over 7.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
My Romanian gypsies are cursed... or just crap.

Probably the latter, I've been tempted to give up so many times, but determined to get the useless b*stards promoted.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:17 pm 
Major General
Major General

I'm hardly getting through any games at the moment, just getting frustrated by my lack of goals :lol:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:06 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

5th attempt at promotion and the gypsies are up.

The relief. :D

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:13 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Eventful few seasons. :blink:

This save has flown by.

Since that post above I finished 9th in my first season in the top Romanian league, 8 points off Europe.

Going into the second season full of optimism I ended up getting relegated. :lol: I can't remember the last time I got relegated on FM but it was a long long time ago. Managed to keep my job, I spoke to the board before being relegated and asked them to forget about the current season and focus on next year, probably lucky that I did it before being relegated.

Just got them promoted back up again first time of asking, so looking forward to Take 2. :D Didn't look likely at one point but I finished the season by winning 8 of the last 9 games, and the other being a draw.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 am 
Major General
Major General

The boing boing... erm... Gypsies :lol:

Have decided that classic mode is much more my cup of tea. Nice and streamlined, much faster to play, with none of the clutter of the full game mode.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:41 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

It's been eventful but damn frustrating too, a new patch came out yesterday which has (hopefully) fixed some issues that really annoyed me.

Won't list the full changes, but my favourite one is:

Quote:
Toned down poor decision long shots

Honestly I don't find anything more annoying than people, particularly gypsies, shooting from long range who are crap, despite their player settings set to long shots - rare.

I've not played since the patch was installed so don't know for sure if it's worked. A lot of the changes seem to improve defence in general overall.

http://www.sigames.com/news/14216/FM13+Update+1323

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:45 am 
Major General
Major General

Naughty Gypsies :lol:

Nothing annoys me more than seeing my goalkeeper totally miss a ball hit forwards from half way, as it skips under his foot and into the back of the net to end my unbeaten run :wall:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:28 am 
Major General
Major General

So, having won League 2, then finished second in League 1, I'm currently top of the Championship by 4 points and about to play second placed Brighton...

Thing is, I don't know how :lol:

Seriously, my highest earner is on just shy of £7k a week (Joey Barton :ninja: ), my assistant manager reckons I've got a squad full of "decent Championship" or "good League 1" players with a couple of exceptions, my record transfer fee was about £600k...

... must be something in the water :lol:

Current starting XI:

Walker (free after he was released by Chelsea)
Alfei (loan from Swansea)
Warren (free after he was released by some Scottish team)
Beevers (free after he was released by Sheffield Wednesday)
Bessone (free after he was released by Swindon)
Swanson (free after he was released by Peterborough)
Barton (free after he was released by QPR[presumably])
Carroll (loan from Spurs)
Worral (£600k from Bury)
Obika (free, dunno where from)
Tudgay (free, dunno where from)

Have 4 of the original Gillingham players on the bench, only 1 likely to make it at a decent level is Jack Payne (game started before he moved to Peterborough). Also have Roque Santa Cruz on the bench, having signed him when I lost Tudgay for 2 months, was also on a free

I figure I must be a managerial genius :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:06 pm 
Major General
Major General

Promoted to the top flight, at a canter... :blink: was crown champions with 4 games left to go, and now preparing for life in the Premier League with a 14,000 seater stadium, and the club having posted a £2m loss for last season.

They still gave me £19m to spend, but I've been foraging about the free agent market again having let 8 players leave at the end of their contracts.

Have paid out a bit of cash, most notably £3.8m to Everton for Macheda.

Line-up for first match in Prem:

Walker (free)
Hunt (free)
Beevers (free)
Cummins
Morel (free)
Worrall
Payne
Butterfield
Commons (free)
Obika (free)
Macheda

Also got 3 or 4 young players in on free deals that my scout reckons will be the business, 3 Spanish and a French lad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:35 am 
Major General
Major General

So... the Premiership is kicking my @$$ then :lol:

Beat West Brom 1-0 at home in the first game, then lost 4-0 at Old Trafford, lost 2-1 at home to Liverpool, then lost 3-1 away at Chelsea, and 3-0 at home to Southampton... still, that first win means I'm not in the bottom 3 yet... :D

Apparently fans are calling for a change from 442 as they don't think it's working... they might have a point there you know :coffee:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:47 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Play 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMs sitting in front of the back 4 and 3 AMs. Go counter attack and face paced attacks. If you cant score you cant win!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:52 am 
Major General
Major General

I shall have to give that a go mate, cheers. Think I've got 2 players who will do well as defensive midfielders. Problem will be keeping 5 strikers happy when there's only 1 place up front :ninja:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:31 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Spawny wrote:
I shall have to give that a go mate, cheers. Think I've got 2 players who will do well as defensive midfielders. Problem will be keeping 5 strikers happy when there's only 1 place up front :ninja:

If any of them are good at running with the ball they should be able to play the AM roles. The formation and tactics are fairly direct so dribbling, strength and pace are key in the four forward positions.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:12 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

The amount of times you get games like this and draw 0-0 / 1-1 or lose 1-0 is a joke:

CL first leg at home lost 1-0.. just nothing you can do about sh*t like that.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:41 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Reedo wrote:
The amount of times you get games like this and draw 0-0 / 1-1 or lose 1-0 is a joke:

CL first leg at home lost 1-0.. just nothing you can do about sh*t like that.

Sometimes certain games are fixed so you cant win regardless of what youbdo.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:20 am 
Major General
Major General

So I took Raul Albiol on loan from Madrid to AC Milan. He played almost every game, was brilliant, voted player of the season by the fans, runner up in the Champions League best player voting.

Got to the end of the season, have an offer accepted by Madrid, and his agent turns around and tells me that his client is not interested in discussing terms with my club... of all the ungrateful :wall:

So, did he stay at Madrid? Did he join one of Europe's other elite clubs, a club that Milan couldn't possibly compete with?

No... he went to Juventus who finished 3rd in Serie A, 18 points behind my title winning Milan side and got nowhere near the Champions League semi finals where we'd only lost by the odd goal to Barca... :rant:

Fine Raul... you wanna be like that I'll sign Gary Cahill instead :nur:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:08 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Juventus aren't one of Europe's elite clubs? :p Behave. :cool:

I've been playing as Juve, I think my last update was probably with my Romanian gypsies but they annoyed me too much and they're in hiatus.

Think I've finished 6 seasons so far, the last season being the most successful as I won the treble, but that was my first CL win on that save, and on this year's FM actually.

Had a bit of a break off it lately, but think I've won 4 leagues, 5 cups, 1 Europa, 1 CL, 1 super cup, and a few of those Italian super cups.

Last time I was on it I lost the Euro Super Cup final to Chelsea, but will be cracking on with it at some point because I want to win that World Club Cup.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:35 am 
Major General
Major General

You know what I mean :p

Second season finished with 91 points, and Juve only 2 behind... third place was about 25 points back. :lol:

Have splashed some cash to bring in Vydra, Strootman, and Javi Garcia (who was awesome on loan last season). My other centre midfielders were not so great last season, most averaging around 7.05, with Muntari averaging about 6.50 (released him from his contract now). So hoping the additions of Garcia and Strootman will help.

I did try and get Verratti from PSG, but he wasn't interested :no:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:09 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

The league is easy once you get a grip of it, I didn't win it in my first season but I did my usual trick of selling all the players that annoy me when I watch them in real life... which was pretty much every striker at the club sold, apart from Vucinic because no one would buy him.

I find it hard to do well in first season when signing a few players, especially younguns, I bought Jovetic who was crap, only lasted a few seasons and I sold him on for more than I paid, somehow, to United.

The only other time I lost the league, Inter had a freakish season and went unbeated for about 34 games, it was ridiculous. :angry:

Quote: