It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: FM 2013
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:11 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Anyone else got it yet?

I downloaded it on Friday (via Steam) and have tried it out for a few hours as Blackpool, it's not going very well though. :D

For now it's only the BETA version (usually they only let testers play it during BETA but they've changed it this year), and final release will be on November 5th (I think).. but it's worth getting now if you want to get used to it.

The training has changed, there's no manual schedules anymore which I'm really disappointed with because I used to be quite good at those, and I liked choosing certain things for certain players. Instead on this new release you can choose a player to train for a specific role (ie ball playing defender), but can't change anything about it. Also this now clashes with the specific attribute training, so say if you want to tell a striker to train more for composure, you won't be able to make him do his specific role a the same time, which is a bit odd. I'm hoping they change this or maybe even implement the old training system back in.

My explanation isn't very clear, but I took a screenshot of what I mean the other day

http://imageshack.us/f/825/fm13ince.jpg/

as you can see, you can only choose either a role or attribute, nothing else.

That's my only gripe with it really, all the rest is the usual stuff just moved around in different places, will take some getting used to.

The whole match preparation thing has changed as well, it's part of the new training settings you can adjust, which is bloody weird and even harder to explain. I'll get a photo of that up tomorrow.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: FM 2013
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:56 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Never really got into FM2012, didn't think it was any improvement on FM2011, although it might be something to do with my long and successful career managing Gillingham in FM2011 that I couldn't be bothered starting over in 12.

Is there a demo out / planned?

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:31 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Demo is out on Friday I think. :thumbup:

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:58 pm 
Major General
Major General

Cheers, I'll give it a bash and see then.

Are you play the full mode, or the quick game mode (forget what it's actually called)? Also read there is an option to have a director of football handle some of the day to day stuff, how does that work?

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

One feature I'm interesting in is the "classic mode"

It's basically a pick up and play mode which is less in depth for fans who don't have the time to commit to it and just want to basically go through signing players and playing match like old style CM games.

No press conferences or setting up training etc that all just runs in the background.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:25 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Spawny wrote:
Cheers, I'll give it a bash and see then.

Are you play the full mode, or the quick game mode (forget what it's actually called)? Also read there is an option to have a director of football handle some of the day to day stuff, how does that work?

Yeah I'm playing the full mode, the quick game mode you're referring to is what JSP just mentioned, classic mode.. which is pretty much spot on as he said.

The director of football can do alsorts of tasks for you but I didn't sign one in my game. They sort out contracts/training etc I think, but not certain on that

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:41 am 
Major General
Major General

Cheers Reedo :thumbup:

I'll give the demo a go and see how I get on with it. Sounds like the director of football could be handy for sorting some of the mundane stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

I don't think it's too different from what you could make your assistant manager do in previous games, like organise friendlies etc.. I've not been on it for a couple of days so I've forgot to check. :doh:

When you first join a club though, and you get the usual welcome messages etc, you get one that asks what you want your director or assistant to do I think, and you have a proper meeting with him (mine was assistant manager).

Only thing I can say about the demo or full game is just be patient with it until you get used to it, the the ui is all different now, and the match prep/training looks bizarre. It's kinda putting me off at the mo, but I know when I get used to it I'll be fine. Just need to motivate myself to turn the game on!

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:02 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

For the first time since 97/98 I'm contemplating not bothering with this one.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:02 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
idontfeardeath wrote:
For the first time since 97/98 I'm contemplating not bothering with this one.

With most recent releases there's so little difference you might as well just carry on with what you have, and you can get one of those transfer updates from the internet if you're bothered about starting with up to date squads.

The minor annual changes should be offered as an update or DLC or something, not sold as an entirely 'new' game every year at full price.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:14 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

It's so difficult. :ohohoh:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Great. Now im tempted

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 am 
Major General
Major General

Can't decide from the demo whether I like it or not. There are some nice features, and the ability to give different tasks to different staff members is quite good. I can make my director of football actively find clubs for my youth players to go on loan, and let him handle all the transfer dealings for example, which is great.

I think, from what I've done so far, that classic mode is just a little too basic but the full game mode is too complicated :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:05 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

My original save was with Blackpool and it was too overwhelming, hard to buy anyone, and at the same time getting used to the new stuff was annoying me with other crap to do. So I retired in January, before they could boot me. :D

I started with United, trying a 4-3-1-2 formation (that's 3 CMs so no wingers), it started off pretty crap but I think at the time that was due to them 3 CMs all being new signings (Gundagon/Koke/Powell), if I add Fletcher/Anderson/Carrick I do much better, so at the moment I'm sort of rotating between them all for this season and hopefully next year they'll all be ok. Only winger I have left at the club beside reserves/youth players is Ashley Young, who no one is interested in unsurprisingly.

Koke looks like he's going to be a beast of a midfielder.

It's difficult though without wingers, apart from fullbacks there's no width and it always seems to cramped when I'm attacking, so it's something I may have to end up going with in the end. Can't get RvP and Rooney to both play well at the same time, it's either one of the other, and Kagawa hasn't been very good either.

With the United game I also went into it with a bit more depth than my Blackpool one too. I gave each player their own specific role training, so rather than them all just doing a general training, each player is now working on their precise position/required attributes. Also brought in a load of coaches that have boosted training considerably.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:48 am 
Major General
Major General

Have been playing the classic mode over the weekend, gotta say it's put the fun back into the game by taking out all the stuff that over-complicates / slows it down.

Pick your team, play your matches, get the odd question here and there from a journalist... no news conferences before and after games, no messing about with match prep, etc... it's great.

Managed to sign Fellaini to United and he's been a beast playing box to box role in midfield, alongside Carrick as the deep lying playmaker. Got Nani and Valencia on the wings, and Rooney playing behind RvP... who after starting the season on fire now has an average rating of about 6.8 :wall:

Luckily Welbeck and Hernandez have been finding the net when playing ahead of RvP, and Valencia is scoring for fun. Plus having had 3 own goals go my way in the last 3 games helps too :fonz:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 pm 
Major General
Major General

Got it for Xmas, just about to start season 2 with Gillingham, won League 2 in my first season and got mid-table finish in league 1 as my objective for this season. Got in 9 free transfers in the summer :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:23 pm 
Major General
Major General

Make that 12 free transfers and a season long loan signing :D

Started the new season with a win and 2 draws. My new striker has yet to find the net, and my first choice centre back (one size Fitz Hall) is injured already :lol:

The press have made me joint 5th favourite to win the league :blink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:47 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

I'm trying my luck in the 2nd tier of Romanian football, the league is so even.

Just finished my first season and finished 3rd, went into a playoff league because 2nd-4th were level on points, and no one had a better head-to-head as we all beat eachother once. I missed out on promotion but expecting to go up next season, probably won't now. :lol:

I've not been doing many updates because I've struggled to get into a save, this is my 4th one already.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:38 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

This gif. :haha:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:40 pm 
Major General
Major General

WTF?! :blink: