AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: How's your game going? [FM12]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:58 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
You're constantly losing your best players then? That must get a bit annoying after a while.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:01 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Nope, I just don't take sh*t from them.

Obviously wages will rise, unless I stick with this team.. an example would be keeping Aguero at about £130 pw on my save last year's FM.. when he wanted something like £250k

If no other clubs are interested in players, it's fairly easy to keep them on low wages. Just signed a great CM for next season for £4.5m ish, and his wage is only £23k. If another bigger club would've bid for him, they'd have probably offered £50k+

I lost out on a free goalie because a team offered £56k pw.. he accepted £25k from me. :(

In my current side, £35k would be the most I'd offer I think. When/If I reach the CL that'll probably rise. But at the moment I don't really see myself buying anyone, if my players reach their potential I shouldn't have to worry apart from filling in the odd gap.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:52 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

I know beggars can't be choosers, but I've qualified for the Lolopa cup which is what I wanted, but gutted I missed out on the CL... by 3 points.

I had a horrible couple of games at the end of the season, and I blew it basically. :wall:

What's moreso annoying is that I scored 87 goals, 2nd highest in the league, but I conceded 62 which is pathetic.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:32 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Reedo wrote:
I know beggars can't be choosers, but I've qualified for the Lolopa cup which is what I wanted, but gutted I missed out on the CL... by 3 points.

I had a horrible couple of games at the end of the season, and I blew it basically. :wall:

What's moreso annoying is that I scored 87 goals, 2nd highest in the league, but I conceded 62 which is pathetic.

Conceding goals has always been my problem in FM regardless of my team.

If I play defensively teams still score easily, but I don't score. So I always just aim to score lots.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
I'm 24 games in to my first season with Luton. Top of the league on GD. I've got a Spanish striker, 26 yrs of age banging in the goals at the moment and a Spanish midfielder who plays just behind him also chipping in a fair few. Even in the lower divisions it helps to adapt the "Just buy Spanish" method. We should get promoted we were favourites before the season started.

I've got Leicester as my parent club. One annoying thing is we've agreed to sign a player we've got on loan but he's rubbish. If he was mine already i'd have been offering him to clubs for nothing to get him off the wage bill.

Looking forward to loading it up when I get in tonight and finishing off the season. Oddly, how comes the Blue Sq season finishes in April?

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:08 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Everything up to the Championship finishes in April.

Not sure why but if i had to guess, I'd say it's because of the playoffs.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:16 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Well my current season was going fine until I lost bizarrely 4-1 at home to Ipswich, then Stoke 4-2, and drew 3-3 v West Brom in consecutive home matches.

Miles off the pace now, and my defensive record which was ok is suddenly looking as bad as last season.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Just signed a centre back called. Mark De Man. Appropriate name.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:52 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Away at City, they get a player sent off after 8 minutes.

"Great" I think, "I've got a chance"

4-0 down after an hour despite having 63% possession myself and somehow haven't had a shot on target.

:suicide:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:05 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Got promoted from the Bluesq at the first time of asking (As expect we were favourites, had the biggest avg attendance and wage bill) I was surprised however too see my season expectations for the start of next season was Promotion or Winner. Couldn't choose anything else.

Guess back to back promotions it'll have to be.

EDIT: And now even more surprised to see we've been made the league favourites :huh:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:50 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

No pressure then. :D

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:57 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Finished 11th, awful season. Need a new away tactic.. only conceded 19 at home, 42 away. :ohmy:

Just loaded my Juventus save up for the first time since November ish, checked a scouting report and found this player: :buzzin:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Christ, his stats are unbelievable! Let us know how much you end up paying for him.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:00 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Met his release clause at £27m.

He's better than Neymar (who I have), and Muniain.. will probably sell the latter. Already got Cavani and a regen who's been my striker for a few seasons.

Since going on my Juve one it's made me realise how slow the FCUM one runs, it's so much quicker to process through fixtures etc.. I'm gonna give the FC one another shot for a season, if I don't improve I'll take a break and go back to Juve for a while I think.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:22 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Just had a player sent off after 18 seconds, that's when the card was shown.. so it probably happened at around 12 seconds.

Not got hard tackling set or anything, some things in game boil my p*ss. :rant:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Just got Petrucci in on a free. :fonz:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Lost the Italian Cup on penalties the other night, turned it off in rage. :lol: (saved it first of course)

Can't believe it, I should've demolished them (Cesena)... would've been third league/cup double in six seasons.

I'm gonna have a stint on this save tonight, got two players coming in (the guy above, and Willian on a free), so quite excited to have them!

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:22 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Btw there'll be a new patch in a couple of weeks or so, transfer update for January and the normal bug fixes and whatnot.

I'll be making a new save then I think, not sure who with.. I might start United and sell the players who currently p*ss me off (Nani, Evra, Berbatov (doesn't annoy me, but £££), Park.. couple of others ) .. OR .. start a German save.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:13 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Reading played 13 lost 13.

My next game.

I f*cking knew they'd get a result against me, and it was confirmed after 11 mins when I had a player sent off.

F*ck off FM you c*nt.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:44 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Just finished my 5th Prem season with FCUM and finished 3rd.. just 4 points off top (Chelsea).

I played Chelsea at home with 3 games left and got hammered, I'd have won the league if I won. :ohmy: But losing 10 points to the bottom three teams was the worst of it.

Champions League :ohohoh: :cheer:

Biggest improvement was my defence, only condeded 39 goals this time round.

Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next