All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Darlington
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:35 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Fan powaaaa :rocky:

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
It's good to see. Hopefully they can get the reprieve they need.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
Darlington Football Club's joint administrator has said the prospective purchaser of the club has withdrawn.

In a statement, Harvey Madden said two other possible buyers have shown interest.

He said he was holding further meetings to "explore other options as a matter of urgency".

The administrators had previously set a deadline for the end of January, although it was expected that would be extended to allow more negotiations.

Any deal to retain the current Quakers set-up would rest on the agreement of major creditor and former chairman Raj Singh.

Mr Singh had already failed to agree terms with potential investor, Yorkshire businessman Paul Wildes.

Mr Wildes said on Wednesday he was not confident his business plan was achievable or that taking further investment from supporters would work.

He added: "Given the fact that the business plan had so many uncertainties around it, I felt I had no choice but to withdraw."

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Sheffield-based venture capitalist Paul Wildes has said he would consider lending his efforts to a supporter-run Darlington Football Club.

Wildes withdrew an individual offer to purchase the football club on Thursday after failing to agree terms with creditors that were key to proposals.

"I'd be willing to look at a proposal that they were prepared to make," Wildes told BBC Tees.

"If I can get the relevant assurances I'd look at that plan."

He added: "In the short space of time I've been involved in this I've drawn some affection to the football club.

"I would certainly look to help them wherever I can.

"I do have a lot of information and work that my people have put into it to get the business into a good place and I'm happy to share that information with them."

With negotiations ongoing, Wildes is reluctant to step in until any takeover has been completed.

"At the moment it would be only confusing for people to think that [I would step in].

"The right thing now is for the supporters to look to pull together and try to do some sort of deal.

"If I was seen to be around that deal I don't think that would be a good thing.

"All I can do is wish them the very best in what they're trying to achieve."

ImageImage
Quote:

Post subject: Darlington Saved
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:47 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Troubled Darlington have been taken over by fans' company DFC 1883 Limited.

The Quakers, who were relegated from the Blue Square Bet Premier this season, had been facing the possibility of liquidation after the club's administrator Harvey Madden set a deadline of midday on Thursday for the bidding company to complete its takeover.

But at a press conference held at the Darlington Arena on Thursday, DFC 1883 Limited were announced as the new owners, meaning they will take over the running of the club while its debts remain with Darlington 2009 Limited.

With no company voluntary agreement in place, Darlington will not be able to take their place in the Blue Square Bet North next season and the Evo-Stik Northern Premier appears a more likely destination. They may also face sanctions from the Football Association.

"We'll face further relegation, but until the FA give us their wisdom we won't actually know whether it will be to the Evo-Stik Premier or Evo-Stik First Division," DFC 1883 chairman Dennis Pinnegar

ImageImage
Quote: