AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Favourite stand up comedian?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:54 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Highscores: 1
Lee Evans, seriously how can people find him funny is beyond me. He just prances about the stage like a child making monkey faces, I hate him! :rant:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:57 pm 
Major General
Major General

Sparkys kneecap wrote:
Lee Evans, seriously how can people find him funny is beyond me. He just prances about the stage like a child making monkey faces, I hate him! :rant:

:bow:

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PMDK wrote:
borocooper wrote:
Stewart Lee is the one ive been watching the most lately. Brilliant stuff. Looking forward to the 2nd series of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle.

Seconded. Listened to his CD "41st Best stand-up ever" on a long car journey home recently. Made the journey go much quicker. :thumbup:

I watched his 90s Comedian DVD recently...its one of his older ones..the last 15 minutes of it are insane. It wasnt long after he was getting abusive mail and what not after the Jerry Springer Opera thing..so he was pretty irked about it all. Its class.

Also watched his most recent one over chrstmas.."If you prefer a milder comedian, please ask for one". Again, it is brilliant. The stuff about Top Gear/Richard Hammond especially.

Id also say everyone should watch the first series of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle that was on the BBC last year(most of it, if not all, is on youtube). Apart from the sketches which I didnt much like(never like sketch shows really) its great.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:52 am 
Major
Major

Highscores: 10
Devil_Spawn wrote:
Sparkys kneecap wrote:

:bow:

I second that :bow:. Most overrated comedian ever.

Also, not quite on topic, but can someone please explain to me how John Culshaw keeps getting series on the BBC? Without doubt the worst impressionist I have ever heard.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:53 am 
Major General
Major General

PMDK wrote:
Also, not quite on topic, but can someone please explain to me how John Culshaw keeps getting series on the BBC? Without doubt the worst impressionist I have ever heard.

TBF to him I'm a worse impressionist than he is... the difference is I don't have a BBC show!!

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:07 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
I'm also not a fan of Lee Evans, he has his moments but generally I don't find his stuff funny at all. How he's become this massive name on the comedy scene I don't know.

I went to that channel 4 comedy gala thing last year and he received a lifetime achievement award on stage, or best comedian ever, or something equally undeserved. I wasn't impressed.

Another comedian around at the moment that is probably one of the worst I've ever heard is Shappi Khorsandi. All her jokes are terrible, don't think they even made me raise a smile. I have no idea how she's a professional stand up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

She's useless generally I don't find female stand ups that funny the only one I can tolerate is Sarah Millican (Geordie one).

My parents love Lee Evans maybe thats more his generation I think he's good at what he does and I laugh at some of his stuff. He sold out big arena tours for a decade now so he must be doing something right.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:52 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

JSP wrote:
She's useless generally I don't find female stand ups that funny the only one I can tolerate is Sarah Millican (Geordie one).

My parents love Lee Evans maybe thats more his generation I think he's good at what he does and I laugh at some of his stuff. He sold out big arena tours for a decade now so he must be doing something right.

I lilove stupid facial reactions and body movements, which when done right, are hilarious e.g. Jim Carey, Robin Williams, Rowan Atkinson etc. Lee Evans is one of those people that can make me laugh just by doing a face. i actually think his stand up jokes are good too as they aren't the same jokes about growing up in a working class family that most comedians go on about today.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:00 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Serbinator wrote:
I'm also not a fan of Lee Evans, he has his moments but generally I don't find his stuff funny at all. How he's become this massive name on the comedy scene I don't know.

I went to that channel 4 comedy gala thing last year and he received a lifetime achievement award on stage, or best comedian ever, or something equally undeserved. I wasn't impressed.

Another comedian around at the moment that is probably one of the worst I've ever heard is Shappi Khorsandi. All her jokes are terrible, don't think they even made me raise a smile. I have no idea how she's a professional stand up.

I agree about lee evans

i think he`s dreadful

:yawn:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:23 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Toast and Bananas wrote:
JSP wrote:

I lilove stupid facial reactions and body movements, which when done right, are hilarious e.g. Jim Carey, Robin Williams, Rowan Atkinson etc. Lee Evans is one of those people that can make me laugh just by doing a face. i actually think his stand up jokes are good too as they aren't the same jokes about growing up in a working class family that most comedians go on about today.

Um, this is not a new phenomenon at all! Billy Connolly was doing this in the seventies mate. Plus they were real life stories, not jokes. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:32 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Sparkys kneecap wrote:
Toast and Bananas wrote:
JSP wrote:

Um, this is not a new phenomenon at all! Billy Connolly was doing this in the seventies mate. Plus they were real life stories, not jokes. :thumbup:

It's not a new phenomenon yes, but it's all people seem to do today.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:57 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Anyone catch the Comedy Rocks With Jason Manford?

Jim Jeffries was on it :fonz:

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:05 am 
Major General
Major General

Yea I saw it, amazed he managed to curb his swearing as much as he did.

The other comedians were good too, seen the guy that went first a few times recently and he's pretty good despite the slightly annoying voice.

The guy with tape on his face deserves a mention too, very original and funny too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:40 am 
Major General
Major General

Steve Hughes is pretty funny atm:

:D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:43 am 
Major General
Major General

I saw Steve Hughes on comedy roadshow and thought he was very funny. Good observant humour.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:20 am 
Major General
Major General

Never seen or heard of him before, but I like that clip. I'll keep an eye out for him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:35 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Saw John Bishop live at newcastle last week

10/10

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:51 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Went to see Mark Watson last week, he was very good, he almost seemed not to actually tell jokes, but just random meandering stories that resulted in big laughs from the audience, would give him an 8/10.

Also have seen Sarah Millichan recently, the gf loves her so got dragged along, she was alright, but her stuff was mostly aimed at women so only about a 4/10 for her.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Im a big fan of this here video from Tim Minchin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Surrender Monkey wrote:
Went to see Mark Watson last week, he was very good, he almost seemed not to actually tell jokes, but just random meandering stories that resulted in big laughs from the audience, would give him an 8/10.

Also have seen Sarah Millichan recently, the gf loves her so got dragged along, she was alright, but her stuff was mostly aimed at women so only about a 4/10 for her.

I liked his TV series earlier in the year, Mark Watson Kicks Off. :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next