AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Favourite stand up comedian?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:45 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Serbinator wrote:
Female comedians :thumbdown:

Women, leave being funny to us men.

Just watching Live at the Comedy Store as Micky Flanagan is headlining, and I'm having to watch Sheppi Khorsandi beforehand. Watching her makes physically angry. She's so f**king sh*t, she's not funny AT ALL, her voice is f**king whiny...YOU'RE A WOMAN AND IRANIAN - NOONE GIVES A F*CK.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Did you watch The Boy With Tape on His Face clips?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:45 pm 
Major General
Major General

Didn't watch the clips but seen him before and liked him. Very original!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:05 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Comedian Patrice O’Neal, a droll presence on TV talk shows and sitcoms, has died at 41 from complications from a stroke.

“Our pal Patrice O’Neal has passed away,” said a tweet from the Opie and Anthony radio show, where O’Neal was a frequent guest. “The funniest and best thinker I’ve ever known.”

TMZ and TheLaughButton.com reported the comedian suffered a stroke at the end of October, but details of the complications that led to his death were not disclosed Tuesday.

The Boston native appeared in September on Comedy Central’s roast of Charlie Sheen, where his struggle with diabetes was fodder for some comedians’ jokes.

Mr. O’Neal was a guest on numerous talk shows including “Late Night with Conan O’Brien,” “Late Show with David Letterman” and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show. He also acted on prime-time shows including “The Office” and “Arrested Development.”

RIP Patrice, you brought me a lot of laughs throughout your career and I will truly miss you voice and your take on the world.

If you've never seen him do yourself a favor and seek him out, his special "Elephant in the Room" is amazing.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Louise CK has done a new stand up show that he's selling for download/stream(DRM free, no sign up needed, quick to download too). Only 5 dollars, so really cheap. It's a fantastic show as well, one of the funniest. He really is brilliant.

I'd urge people to buy it as well, he's posted a full thing on how much it's cost him to make the show, film it, edit it, create the website, paypal costs etc...and how much profit he's made so far from it. He said he did it as an experiment to see if a lot of people would buy it as he was told by "experts" that the way he was deciding to upload it meant more people would just torrent it. But according to his post he's made a pretty big profit and believes very few people have illegally downloaded it.

Which I think probably does prove..reasonable prices = less illegal downloads. Im sure you'll never stop it entirely, but I think he's done something good here. Which he suggests he'll do in future too, if it always works out like this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:39 pm 
Major General
Major General

It is a good idea and fully agree on the point on reasonable prices.

I've never really seen much from Louis CK but he's arguably the biggest comedian in the US (at least he's the most talked about, and most referenced, amongst other comedians) at the moment, and from the little I've seen of his in the past he seems to pull no punches in his routines so think it should be up my street.

I definitely need to check him out at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:16 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
borocooper wrote:
I'd urge people to buy it as well, he's posted a full thing on how much it's cost him to make the show, film it, edit it, create the website, paypal costs etc...and how much profit he's made so far from it. He said he did it as an experiment to see if a lot of people would buy it as he was told by "experts" that the way he was deciding to upload it meant more people would just torrent it. But according to his post he's made a pretty big profit and believes very few people have illegally downloaded it.

Which I think probably does prove..reasonable prices = less illegal downloads. Im sure you'll never stop it entirely, but I think he's done something good here. Which he suggests he'll do in future too, if it always works out like this.

I couldn't agree more. People don't mind paying for things they consume, but they do mind being ripped off... and therein lies the problem, because that's how publishers make their millions. Yes, there'll always be a few that steal it regardless but I think most of us would rather just buy the stuff we like if we can. Publisher greed is why most people download stuff imho.

On a similar note, people who plan on purchasing The Witcher 2 should get it from GOG, where the game developers have got a similar experiment going on to the comic and I soooo wish it would go right so that others can adopt the same model rather than let professional content publishers continue to try to rip us off. Once content makers be it game devs or TV people and comics, can prove to themselves that they can sell to customers direct and/or avoid troublesome DRM and silly high prices and still make a good living then that's a breakthrough. Those who sell direct might even make more money than before because they're cutting out the middlemen and all the money they skim off for themselves.

It is to be applauded imo. Fingers crossed for both their success.

Slightly off topic in here I know, but if anyone's interested, although we've just missed the free copy of Empire Earth: Gold Edition (a 48 hour GOG Christmas special unfortunately), Ultima IV and DragonSphere are the new currently available for free to download on there, among others, you've just register for an account, add them to your cart (you can search by free games and they vary over time) and checkout for free. :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:02 pm 
Major General
Major General

After getting Micky Flanagan's dvd yesterday he's definitely one of my favourites at the moment. One of his bits I had tears streaming down my face, as did both my parents.

Also got Steve Merchant's dvd which I'm a little bit disappointed with. Expected him to be funnier.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:47 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

Comedian Billy Connolly has been criticised for ending two stand-up shows in a week early, due to hecklers.

Fans were left disappointed in Blackpool last weekend after the comic walked off stage 20 minutes early after verbal abuse from audience members.

A few days before, he also cut short a gig in Scarborough.

A spokeswoman for Connolly declined to comment on the incidents but said the comic's tour would continue in Llandudno, Wales, on Friday.

Fans reported the 69-year-old Scot walked out of the Blackpool gig after he was interrupted during one of his jokes.

Ffyona McKeating, who attended the show in Blackpool, told the Blackpool Gazette: "It was such an anti climax and I felt he should have been used to hecklers."

Another person said: "I think he should have had consideration for the majority instead of spoiling it because of one heckler. When he left the stage he wasn't smiling and didn't thank the audience for attending."

A spokesman for the Blackpool Opera Theatre confirmed to the BBC: "The performance on Saturday concluded at approximately 9.40pm which was a shorter performance than the previous night."

The previous week, Connolly cut short his gig at the Futurist Theatre in Scarborough after being disrupted by drunk patrons heckling and leaving their seats during the show to go to the bar.

Paul Tye told the Scarborough Evening News the comedian left the stage before telling his last joke saying he seemed "clearly upset".

Another fan said: "The bar should not be open when a show is running. People constantly got up out of their seats and it was extremely disrespectful to Billy."

A spokesperson for the theatre was not available for comment.

The curtailed shows follow reviews which criticised Connolly's two-hour set over his use of previously heard material.

Earlier this week, he was voted the UK's most influential stand-up comedian of all time in a poll compiled by fellow comedians.

His current 42-date tour is due to end in Brighton in March.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
I always thought Billy Connolly was a stroppy twunt, and here's proof. He must be the only comedian who can't handle hecklers. :doh:

Mind you, I'm surprised anybody could understand what he was saying he'll have been laughing at his own jokes so much.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:23 pm 
Major General
Major General

Never been a fan of Billy Connely but that is f**king awful.

Micky Flanagan is probably my favourite comedian right now (Jim Jefferies hasn't done anything, or been over here for a while). Stuart Lee is also a favourite too.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:33 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I watched a young up and comer called Richard Pryor the other night. He's a bit old fashioned, but he's hilarious. probably my favourite ever.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Serbinator wrote:
Never been a fan of Billy Connely but that is f**king awful.

Micky Flanagan is probably my favourite comedian right now (Jim Jefferies hasn't done anything, or been over here for a while). Stuart Lee is also a favourite too.

Tried any Louis CK?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:19 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Never really rate comedians, I rarely find them funny. But this was just on Live at the Apollo and I thought it was very good:

Anyone with a cat would understand all of this, and that's why I found it funny.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:21 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

borocooper wrote:

Tried any Louis CK?

My friend was round the other night and we watch the youtube clip below. He was cracking me up!!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:01 am 
Major General
Major General

Going to see Stewart Francis on Sunday :fonz:

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:26 am 
Major
Major

Really like this guy at the minute Jim Jefferies

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:18 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Me and Serb are going to see him for a 3rd time in Sept.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 am 
Major General
Major General

whit lane red wrote:
Really like this guy at the minute Jim Jefferies

:thumbup: Good call.

idontfeardeath wrote:
Me and Serb are going to see him for a 3rd time in Sept.

My 4th time :p

I'm off to see Start Lee on Friday. Can't wait!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next