Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Spoiler:
What can Felipe do though he's made the right choice but Daniel won't accept it short of sacking him or telling him to go home there was nothing he could do. If he'd changed his mind again he'd look weak and if he'd swapped Mark with Daniel they might not have got that big deal at the end of the day that clinched everything.

James had to go he made 2 massive errors he ignored his team and selected the wrong products to take to sale and he totally messed up the hot tub pitch and he struggled on selling the tractors/mowers. The guy said they were getting 3-4 sales a day and Saturday was the busiest day and they only managed 2 between them.

I think he liked James but he's not looking for an apprentice anymore he's looking for a business partner and I think he'd see James as to big a risk to leave on his own. You couldn't trust him to not spend all your money on magic beans

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:04 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
JSP wrote:
Spoiler:
What can Felipe do though he's made the right choice but Daniel won't accept it short of sacking him or telling him to go home there was nothing he could do. If he'd changed his mind again he'd look weak and if he'd swapped Mark with Daniel they might not have got that big deal at the end of the day that clinched everything.

James had to go he made 2 massive errors he ignored his team and selected the wrong products to take to sale and he totally messed up the hot tub pitch and he struggled on selling the tractors/mowers. The guy said they were getting 3-4 sales a day and Saturday was the busiest day and they only managed 2 between them.

I think he liked James but he's not looking for an apprentice anymore he's looking for a business partner and I think he'd see James as to big a risk to leave on his own. You couldn't trust him to not spend all your money on magic beans

Spoiler:
RE: Felipe I think he should have told Daniel to leave as he was basically sabotaging any possible sales they could have had. Felipe didn't cover himself in glory with the biccering. As a team leader you need to be above that, and manage the situation. Not get involved in a petty squabbling argument in front of the people you're trying to sell to. It was awful. At one point he even said something along the lines of 'My company is much more successful than yours' It's embarassing coming frmo anyone, letalone a thirty something qualified lawyer.

I disagree James made a mistake in not listening to his team. If you have a team and they make a recommendation you don't have to take it. At the end of the day it's his head on the line and he has to go for the products that he thinks will sell the best, and I think his choices were absolutely right. They recommended that awful pet tracker thing. He instead chose the foldable wellies which seemed to sell well. I know which product I think would sell better at that kind of show.

Agree about James not being particularly good with the lawnmower sales. He didn't seem to know the products and just seemed very amateur when talking to customers.

James was a risk, but with risks there is always the chance of a payoff if it comes good. Could you say the same of Soloman? As I said before he's the ultimate safe option. He takes no risks, doesn't put his head above the parapet at all and doesn't do anything to stand out in any way shape or form.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Spoiler:
I think Felipe just snapped after hours of putting up with Daniel he ended up resorting to his level and I agree the right thing to do would've been to send him home but not even sure if the rules allow it. In the real world that is what would happen if you openly criticise your boss in front of the team you will probably get sacked.

those wellies were awful it was a country show farmer/rural types who know a good pair of wellies need a good solid base those things were the wellies you sell to city people going to Glastonbury as a fashion accessory. The pet tracker thing wasn't great but as a gimmick thing I could see it selling gps tracking devices on pets is something g that is becoming more popular but mainly in cities for dogs/cats

My point is he hasn't seen the products so he shouldn't have just dismissed them and the pet tracker wasn't the best but that bike thing would've been a lot easier to sell than that chair which I think they sold one of.

Tractors/lawn mowers are a hard sell in that situation as the person buying it probably knows mores about it than him and I don't think they have the impulse buy appeal of the hot tubs. The guy who chose the other team said the main reason he didn't pick their team was he didn't trust in James to sell.

The week Solomon stood out was the web tech week where they did that YouTube channel thing he understood the social media sides f all that. The thing that will ultimately let him down is he's very immature there is something about him but he acts like a bit of a kid at times when he should be acting more professional

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:56 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Mark or Roisin to win, I think they are head and shoulders above the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Spoiler:
cant believe Daniel survived another week they both should've gone imagine thinking Lord Ssugar would be impressed by that Skelaton idea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:33 pm 
Major General
Major General

Spoiler:
Shows I'd be terrible at this program, I thought the Skeleton thing was a great idea. It showed good initiative and thinking outside the box.

Mark is still the clear favourite for me. I don't think that much of Roisin, she hasn't done enough throut to stand out to me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Spoiler:
theres thinking outside the box and then their is searching out a loophole the only way you could properly defend it would've been if they actually assembled it. If they'd done that I think they might have got away with it.

She managed to buy a diamond for £50 that must have impressed him

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:06 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Spoiler:
think the right people went tonight

It's all about the business plans now

Daniel in the interviews could be brilliant entertainment

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:53 pm 
Major General
Major General

Spoiler:
Some of the ones on the other team have been very lucky in not being on the losing side recently, I still think there's some weak candidates that don't deserve to be anywhere near the last few weeks.

Mark had an absolute 'mare in this task, but I think Lord Sugar clearly likes him, and he is an impressive person. He's still the man to beat if you ask me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Spoiler:
think the right 2 made the finals based on the business plans and how they handled the interviews

How awful was Rosion's vision plan? The best she could hope for is selling her ideas to an established producer. I do a bit of work with retail clients and they are spot on with the Mayfair comparison as space is at a premium in those chilled sections

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:11 pm 
Major General
Major General

Spoiler:
I'm glad, I didn't really like her anyway, she never really seemed to do much.

Each week I've been asking how Bianca is still in the competition, she's another who has done absolutely nothing throughout the show. I decided it was just because she was lucky to almost never be on the losing side, and when she was there were even more obviously bad candidates that meant she was safe. However my opinion of her changed in yesterdays episode. Firstly they mentioned in the first 5minutes she is the owner of a top 100 company. Secondly she has probably the best idea out of any of them. I think she's red hot favourite to be the winner based on her plan.

I'm glad Mark is in the final, he deserved it. Throughout the show I've had him head and shoulders above pretty much all the others. I felt a bit sorry for Daniel but glad he got as far as he did. Lord Sugar clearly liked him a lot and I think saw a lot of himself in Daniel but the business plan just wasn't there to push him over the line ahead of the other two.

As much as I like Mark, I'm not convinced by his business idea. I think it could make money, but it'll be hard. It sounds like there are dozens of companies around offering the same thing, it will be hard to really be successful at least in the short term. Bianca's idea on the other hand, there is clearly a big market for it, she seems to know her stuff, and with Lord Sugar's backing I think could make a success of it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:55 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Spoiler:
Yeah the impression I get with Mark's business is you're basically buying Mark's ability to sell as it could grow and make money but those sort of companies are ten a penny people are always starting up on their own.

Bianca though appears to have identified a serious gap in the market so if she can demonstrate how she plans to manufacture it all and put a bit more meat on the bone he could potentially make a fortune.

The last show is always quite fun as they bring everyone back to help them with the final task but at this point I'd say it's 50/50

The spoiler for the show seemed to suggest that Mark might freeze again during his big pitch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Anyone watching this year?

Doesn't seem to be any stand out candidates to me Scott is a good salesman but doesn't lead well, Vaana (American Girl) seems pretty switched on but hardly amazing and has made some big mistakes already.

Richard (the annoying one everyone hates) seems pretty switched on but he's full of management bullsh*t and I'm not sure Lord Sugar could work with him although that's not really what he does once he hands over the money I doubt he actually has much input day to day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:27 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Anyone watching this year?

What a bunch of absolute retards it's gone way to far down the reality TV route now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:32 pm 
Major General
Major General

Yep watching it again. As usual it's difficult to pick out any front runners in the early weeks, it's more about picking out the weak links. There's only one or two clearly weak candidates left to weed out before it gets down to business I think.

I'm surprised they never really do any kind of catch up program with the winners. I have no idea whether any of them have been a success or not (could easily google but I'm not that bothered).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:12 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think all bar one are still in business and one of the previous winners Ricky Martin was one of the interview people last year when it gets down to the final few. I'd be amazed if any of the original people who got jobs with him are still there.

The one that didn't survive was Stella and she ended up trying to sue Lord Sugar.

Seems to me like they're picking personalities to make the show interesting rather than people who actually know what they're doing sort of like X Factor where they keep a few gag acts in to keep the public interested. Basically that Indian guy is the Appretice equivalent of Honey G on X Factor never going to win but they keep them in for a few weeks to keep people talking about the show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:37 pm 
Major General
Major General

To be fair to him I don't think he's any worse than the rest of them, he just acted like a bit of a clown at the start. The last week or two he's properly calmed down and took on board what Sugar said, and he's actually done well.

The shaved headed guy seems like he's trying to play some kind of game, he just sits in the background and says nothing then when the shit hits the fan he's the first one to pipe up saying he knew it wasn't going to work.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Yeah he's improved in the last few weeks keeping himself under control he just seems really hyper like a bundle of energy and he knows if he plays up he's gone last week I think he actually did really well considering he was basically made an assistant to one of the team and he didn't really know anything about fashion.

I don't think any really stand out Sofian seems pretty switched on but you wonder if he'll just end up making a bad decision that will cost him as he does seem to go wit his gut rather than do as he's told.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:00 pm 
Major General
Major General

First week I thought he was sh*t hot, then he had a few quiet weeks and the last two weeks I've thought he made some really sh*t decisions. He's not a good leader at all by the looks of it.

Grainne (had to google her name) is probably the stand out so far for me. But even she has made a few mistakes. She seems the most sensible one with her head screwed on.

Jessica needs to stay in because she's damn hot.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:43 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Think I read somewhere that she was a stripper at one point not sure she's that fit though. She cracked me up in the first few weeks where she just kept pretending to drop stuff.

It's the lack of basics that I find ridiculous now like they go out on a task to sell sweets but no ones set any prices so everyone just makes it up as they go along and hopes for the best.

It's all a bit strange now because none of it really matters you can smash it in the first few weeks and get to the final 3 but if you're business idea is sh*te you don't stand a chance of winning. I reckon he knows a brief of what everyones business plan is at the start which is why some people stay in for ages for no apparent reason.