It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
Spoiler:
I don't remember Mike teaching him how to pick locks. Its the sort of skill anyone in tv/movie land has though isn't it.
I thought Walt and Jesse's relationship died when Walt told Jesse he watched Jane die. That was pretty harsh even by his standards and especially so being towards Jesse. It was Jesse that nearly got Walt caught too after all.
There are so many ways this could go it really is quite unpredictable. I can't imagine it being a dissapointment as I can't remember one bad epsiode surely they won't screw up right at the end. I kind of like your man on the beach wearing the Heisenberg hat ending. But would also like Jesse to survive. I do have a feeling Todd will play a part, although my guess about Lydia and the Czechs could ruin that. Who knows?!
So glad they didn't get rid of Jesse so early on. As good as Walt, Mike, Saul and Gus were for some reason I find myself favouring Jesse over them all.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Spoiler:
Saul is probably my favourite character along with Mike glad that Saul is getting a spin off although I think it might be rubbish as spin offs rarely work.

It's a tough one really Walt got himself caught really when he kept that book from Gus in the house on display especially keeping it in the bathroom I mean who doesn't have a look through a magazine book when taking a dump in someone elses house :lol:

Todd will definitely play a part I can see him possibly turning on his family as he seems to have a bit of respect for Walt he wasn't that happy with his mates/family took his money so he could be the guy who switches sides when everything is looking bad to help save Walt although Todd has shown he's pretty ruthless.

On Walt & Jesse I think Walt has always tried to protect him and look after him until he went to Hank which might have pushed him too far but they then he'd already gone off the deep end by realising that he was close to being caught. He showed compassion for Hank when the Nazi's caught him in the dessert and begged them not to kill him so I think he might do something similar to save Jesse.

There are so many ways we could see it end I personally think Walt will die & Jesse will survive but I can see Todd being left alive to almost take over the cook to on his own but I can see them doing the is he/isn't dead type thing to keep people guessing as to what happened to Walter White.

I don't normally wish away my weekends especially on a Friday but roll on Monday morning :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:08 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Spoiler:
Its tough to pick a favourite when you think about it. They are all so good in their own unique ways. The acting, the characters and the storyline, along with the music, scenery, the way its shot and the atmosphere etc is just second to none in my opinion. The show has had it all. Its funny, its suspenseful, its dark, its interesting, its ridiculous at points even.

I hope the spin off works with Saul. It can't be compared to Breaking Bad though cause I doubt it'll be anything like it. Just got to take it for what it is, a new show with a great character in it. Will be interesting to see how they go about it.

Todd is more than pretty ruthless! But he does seem to have a nicer side to him and shown resepct for them both. Depends on which way you look at it though, as it could just be considered pretty creepy.

The think the obvious ending is something that surrounds Walt dying and Jesse surviving but I wouldn't bet on them being obvious in this show.

Not sure what time on Monday that it will be available on Netflix but cause of the kids and work I'll have to avoid all spoilers and watch it in the evening. Going to be a tough wait that day!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Spoiler:
Thinking about it, was it really Gray Matter that enraged Walt or was it hearing his blue meth was still on the market? Meaning he knew Jesse was cooking it and Jack and the others hadn't killed him like he asked.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Spoiler:
I think the fact that they stole his money is what made him determined to get revenge especially when you consider he was employing them to protect him he's lost everything to get that money and they took it from him so he's obviously going to be p*ssed.

Todd is a great character that train robbery episode is one of my favourites but I think it's a bit of a shame we haven't seen more of him I can definitely see him being the one who saves Walts life if he is to survive.

I don't think the grey matter thing will have bothered him that much as it was all in his past he was a little bit p*ssed obviously that he'd stepped away from it and missed out on the fortunes but I don't think it was that big a deal to him what they said he was already hell bent on revenge.

I'm just going to have to avoid this thread and all social media until I get home from work on Monday so I can watch it my mate has taken the day off work because someone in his office who works a late shift always watches it on Monday morning before he gets in.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:12 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Spoiler:
scrap my theory about Lydia and the Czechs. Right after they catch Jesse trying to escape they then go and kill Andrea (think that's her name) so the nazis are still alive. I got a bit mixed up with the order of when stuff happened!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:01 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Just watched the finale, and the aftershow: Talking Bad with Vince Gilligan.

All I can say is: wow. What a perfect ending. All loose ends tied, no bullsh*t cop outs (ala Dexter, Lost etc) and thoroughly satisfying. Everything that had to be done, happened and it ended with

Spoiler:
WW finally succumbing to his his injuries whilst being reunited with his love (the lab).

The show started with a man dying and ended with a man dying, but the bits in between... wow.

Best TV I've ever seen in my life and it get's a 9.9/10 for me. There's only one episode that was better than this which was Ozymandias.

I'm gutted it's over.

Btw:

Spoiler:
Is Huell still in that room? :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Perfect end to the perfect show. Fucking amazing. What a class show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:26 am 
National Hero
National Hero

Well impressed by the finale, makes the transition back to normal life a little bit easier. Although there will now be a huge gaping hole there where BB once stood. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:37 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
I feel I've missed out, only having standard Freesat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:47 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Sheasy's Bum Hamster wrote:
Well impressed by the finale, makes the transition back to normal life a little bit easier. Although there will now be a huge gaping hole there where BB once stood. :cry:

I do feel like although the finale was epic and amazing it did kind of let us all down gently for the farewell of probably the best show ever made. I've watched the whole show twice through already. Give it some time and I'll happily give it a go for the third time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:49 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Mr Carrot wrote:

Its not on English tv at all, I watched it all on Netflix.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:15 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
MIG wrote:
Mr Carrot wrote:

Its not on English tv at all, I watched it all on Netflix.

Well, sad as this may sound. I'm going to have look up what Netflix is :lol:

.... just did, not available here

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:03 pm 
National Hero
National Hero

It'll probably pop up when you least expect it... :ninja:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:39 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Anyone watched the spin off Better Call Saul?

I'm a few episodes in he was probably my favourite character seems ok so far.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:51 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
I started it. Gave up. Could not get in to it at all.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:54 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Watched it and was really disappointed. Nothing really happens at all. That was the case with breaking Bad though, I had to force myself to watch the first two or three seasons until something actually happened.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:47 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I'm 3 or 4 episodes in I guess it's just there to show you how Saul becomes the way he is.

He appears to start the season as Jimmy with the best intentions but he's struggling but he's slowly becoming more and more shady and becoming Saul it's not particularly amazing but it's watchable