AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower


It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 7767
Location: Manchester
Highscores: 7
Watched all 6 series in the last couple of months of 2011.

It's the one of the best programmes I've ever watched.. for a single series, I'd say Band of Brothers.

But to make this still be brilliant over 6 series is some achievement, obviously some series of Dexter aren't as good as others.. but all still highly watchable.

The ending of Series 6 did my head in though, because I was used to going from one series straight onto the next, but now have to wait.. and it was probably the biggest cliffhanger of them all. :rant:

_________________
2012
idontfeardeath wrote: Nevermind. It's not like he's going to make the Juve starting 11. :lol:
Spawny wrote: Tata Paul. Enjoy Juve's reserve team, but at least the weather will be nicer.

2013
Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:05 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
It feels like a long old wait too!! Think it's first week of September they come out.

Series 8 is billed as the final series.

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:35 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
Sept 30th is the confirmed date for the airing of the new series.

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 31153
Location: Milton Keynes
Just downloaded series 1-3 will probably save it until after the Euros before I start watching it.

Heard lots of good things and looking forward to watching it.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:42 pm 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 2949
idontfeardeath wrote:
Sept 30th is the confirmed date for the airing of the new series.

Nice one :fonz:
JSP I watch very little TV in fact i have my TV switched off unless football is on. Dexter is one of only a few programmes i will download and watch its that good.

_________________
Isn't hip and cool


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:04 am 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
I'm the same as you Whit. I don't watch TV. If my TV is on it's because my laptop is plugged in to it so I can watch specific programs that we haven't got yet.

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:09 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 31153
Location: Milton Keynes
Finally made it to the end of season 6.

What a series and what a cliffhanger.

Just seen series 7&8 will be a joint series to bring it all together and end it.

Starts on sept 30th might wait until they're all out before I watch it as I can't just watch 1 episode a gripping series


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:08 pm 
Offline
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 865
Location: Blackwater
Well it didn't start on Sep 30th, at least not here.

The only lead I can get on it is from geektown.co.uk who say

Quote:
Dexter, Season 7 - FXUK – Early 2013
FXUK have said ‘early 2013′ for Dexter this time (bear in mind ‘early’ tends to mean ‘Jan – March’ to UK networks.)


Next year? God damn it, it better be finished by the time Game of Thrones rolls around.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:02 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
Just watch it online. I couldn't wait for it to come back round to England. First 2 episodes of season 7 are excellent and the season looks like it's going to be amazing. Series 7 and 8 are planned to tie the series up.

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:31 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 11695
Highscores: 1
Still never watched any of Dexter :D

_________________
idontfeardeath wrote:
Spawny wrote:
But James and Pak both said they were voting JSP


:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:35 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
Not something to smile about. It makes you a failure in life.

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:14 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 31153
Location: Milton Keynes
idontfeardeath wrote:
Just watch it online. I couldn't wait for it to come back round to England. First 2 episodes of season 7 are excellent and the season looks like it's going to be amazing. Series 7 and 8 are planned to tie the series up.


I read 7&8 will basically be one season of 24 episodes like you say to bring it all to a close.

Going to try and give it a few weeks and download a batch of them to watch all at once.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:18 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
Anyone read the books?

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:20 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 11695
Highscores: 1
idontfeardeath wrote:
Not something to smile about. It makes you a failure in life.


Nah, pretty sure not watching Dexter doesn't do that... it's all the other stuff that does it.

_________________
idontfeardeath wrote:
Spawny wrote:
But James and Pak both said they were voting JSP


:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 am 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:40 pm
Posts: 8003
Location: The Library
Highscores: 1
Just caught up and finished season 7 episode 4 (the latest one) after starting watching the series a fortnight ago. Just realised that's 70 hours of Dexter :ohmy:

Brilliant stuff, but I'd still like to see Deb punched to death. She is horrifically annoying, especially in this latest series. An emotional manbeast.

I liked season 2 the best, especially with Laila as the hot villain :drool:

Seasons 5 and 6 for me were a bit weird, but I guess the season 6 finale made up for it.

I think this season has been a bit stale so far, but hopefully things will pick up like they usually do.

_________________
Do nothing; nothing will change.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 am 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 31153
Location: Milton Keynes
Not watched any of season 7 yet so no spoilers.

Season 7 & 8 will be a joint series to end it so I imagine the series will run at a slower pace as they've got to tell a story over 24 episodes rather than 12.

I assume they're going to run all 12 episodes then have a break so will wait for the season to finish them download them all.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
I'm not going to ruin anything for you JSP but let's just say 'slow paced' isn't a term I'd use to explain this series.

FAO Riq (And anyone else up to Ep 3 of Series 7)

Spoiler:
Is Deb now going to be onside. I can see them going down the root of her not turning a blind eye but maybe even taking an interest in who Dexter is after next I also think they'll end the next series with Dexter dying. They can't just end it. He either has to die or get caught

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:14 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:40 pm
Posts: 8003
Location: The Library
Highscores: 1
idontfeardeath wrote:
I'm not going to ruin anything for you JSP but let's just say 'slow paced' isn't a term I'd use to explain this series.

FAO Riq (And anyone else up to Ep 3 of Series 7)

Spoiler:
Is Deb now going to be onside. I can see them going down the root of her not turning a blind eye but maybe even taking an interest in who Dexter is after next I also think they'll end the next series with Dexter dying. They can't just end it. He either has to die or get caught


Spoiler:
I agree. She's seemingly changed her attitude towards Dexter and what he gets up to in the last couple of episodes. Maybe she'll get him to help her out with his 'hunches' and in doing so they'll catch a few more murderers and she'll get promoted yet again; and those who aren't caught will be allowed to be killed by Dexter.

It's a weird one, if he dies then he'll still have kids that need looking after. Maybe they'll live with their grandparents or Deb. I think killing Rita off was a bit of a strange move from the producers as it changed the whole dynamic of the show and we lost that extra dimension of him having to avoid her paranoia too. Having said that she was getting pretty annoying. :p

I think the finale of this season will be Dexter being caught, and series 8 will be 12 episodes of him on the run. Apparently this season finale is going to be the best so far.

_________________
Do nothing; nothing will change.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am 
Offline
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:27 pm
Posts: 17205
Location: Over there.
Highscores: 2
"Slowly paced" isn't a description I could give to any US television... except right in the beginning when it rolls very slowly on.

I've seen the first few series of Dexter, and surprisingly enjoyed them, it was much higher quality than I'd ever expected, but then off it flew so fast that every time I went to the look away for a moment or read/posted an article (I multitask badly lol) then I lost the entire plot/gist of what's happening anyway in no time at all. I really don't like that about US TV, they must get bored pretty easy!

Tell you what though, I thought Fringe was even better when I watched them all recently. :thumbup:

_________________
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Image
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:00 am 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:21 am
Posts: 7633
Love Fringe. You know season 5 just started, con?

_________________
JSP wrote:
No longer do you have to settle for a fatty-boom-batty at the end of the night you can get yourself a reasonable looking sl*g.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron