The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The EDM Debate
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:52 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

ok...at the outset , I would like to say that I am a club music wannabe , who got hooked onto the genre , especially house , just 6 months back...but since then there has been no looking back , and my GS3 is over loaded with the likes of Calvin Harris,Guetta,Afrojack,Alesso and the ilk...Tiesto,Aoki,Armin to a lesser extent

now for my question...EDM is showcased around the world on platforms such as Tomorrowland,Towmorrowworld(the US spin off) , Stockholm Summerburst , T in the Park etc and I can see patrons having a gala time...BUT what is it that they pay for? and is it actually worth it?

1) Majority of the aforementioned just push and play tracks...there is very less of mixing/improvisation so to speak barring a few such as Hardwell...Calvin Harris at the iTunes festival is a prime example of a DJ who plays his own songs as it is

2) On the other hand , festivals such as these are an experience...yes , the music might be recorded but the energy generated by thousands of people is something that is transcendental...even Michael Jackson made his money lip synching

so what do the peeps feel about this?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: The EDM Debate
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:24 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
I used to go clubbing a lot in my youth. Went to fatboy slims beach boutique that over 250,000 people turned up to, that was amazing, that's abut the only gig I went to.

As you say, these DJ's play different artist. Never really did the festival thing.

I can recommend some CD's, but they will all be from my era, although I bought a couple of decent ones recently, Pacha and a Miami sound one, oh and an Annie Mac one. But look at the old Renaissance stuff, and try and get anything by John Digweed, he is always quality.

Profile Send private message