It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Festival season!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:08 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Sparkys kneecap wrote:
Got my ticket already! On the deposit scheme.

I'm surprised the deposit scheme is in operation when the ticket prices, according to the website, are still TBC. :shrug:

No day tickets I notice... shame. I might have gone for the day but I've got zero interest in 5 days in a muddy field in a tent... not that I'd pay the price of a foreign holiday for the privilege if last years prices are any indication.

Are there still any proper one-day events, like Monsters Of Rock?

Went to see WASP at O2 in Leeds the other night, that was great fun. Blackie Lawless rushed through it a bit without an encore (we barely got 2 hours and they were offstage by 10pm!) but he still got the voice. Took me back it did. :D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:37 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Highscores: 1
conscience wrote:
Sparkys kneecap wrote:
Got my ticket already! On the deposit scheme.

I'm surprised the deposit scheme is in operation when the ticket prices, according to the website, are still TBC. :shrug:

No day tickets I notice... shame. I might have gone for the day but I've got zero interest in 5 days in a muddy field in a tent... not that I'd pay the price of a foreign holiday for the privilege if last years prices are any indication.

Are there still any proper one-day events, like Monsters Of Rock?

Went to see WASP at O2 in Leeds the other night, that was great fun. Blackie Lawless rushed through it a bit without an encore (we barely got 2 hours and they were offstage by 10pm!) but he still got the voice. Took me back it did. :D

Prices are there dude £195 for 3 days and £205 for 5 unless it's changed in the last few days? There will be day tickets defo, just early days yet dude. Couple of my mates went to watch them in Cardiff and said they were ok.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:47 am 
General
General

Sparkys kneecap wrote:
Prices are there dude £195 for 3 days and £205 for 5 unless it's changed in the last few days? There will be day tickets defo, just early days yet dude. Couple of my mates went to watch them in Cardiff and said they were ok.

Maybe I was running with scripts blocked or something, it just said "TBC" - but I'm sure you're right.

That about sums it up, they were OK... I'm just a big fan of their early stuff, as it was some of the first metal I really loved back in the day. :D

Have just been looking when Dangerous Dave might be back in the UK but no such luck with the dates listed so far, all in the US. Fingers crossed he fancies Northern England some time soon then. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:46 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Download next weekend :ohohoh:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:51 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Serbinator wrote:

yeah baby can't wait! :fonz:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:59 pm 
General
General

Serbinator wrote:

I used to love Monsters of Rock but looking at this years Download line up there's only really Maiden I'd be interested in seeing.

Click The Link...http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/line-up

One good new British metal band I stumbled across fairly recently was Monument, dunno if you'll like 'em but I do they sound like 'proper' Iron Maiden from the classic Killers-era.

Slightly off topic, I saw Love/Hate the other month, good to see singer Jizzy Pearl has still got it after all these years. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:11 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

conscience wrote:
Serbinator wrote:

I used to love Monsters of Rock but looking at this years Download line up there's only really Maiden I'd be interested in seeing.

Click The Link...http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/line-up

One good new British metal band I stumbled across fairly recently was Monument, dunno if you'll like 'em but I do they sound like 'proper' Iron Maiden from the classic Killers-era.

Slightly off topic, I saw Love/Hate the other month, good to see singer Jizzy Pearl has still got it after all these years. :D

Download was epic!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:25 am 
General
General

Glad you enjoyed it. :thumbup:

Who did you enjoy seeing the most?

I was talking to our local goth/alternative clothing shop owner a few days before Download, she was going too, and I was saying how I'd studied the line up, and out of all the bands I'd heard of there was barely one set for one day nevermind three! (I'm a bit behind with new bands, been out of the loop for some years).

Then I made a comment how Maiden were the biggest band there, and were told actually, Rammstein were no doubt the biggest act these days! I had to come home and listen to them on YouTube as I'm not familiar with them at all... and my God they were dire! What's with the speaking and whipping himself while 'singing'? German really doesn't lend itself to nice sounding singing imho, like many Euro languages they have to quickly get the words out because they are so long or so many of them it just doesn't sound as good as English to my old ears.

I used to be with it, then they changed what it was... and now I'm old and frightened. :| :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:53 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

conscience wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it. :thumbup:

Who did you enjoy seeing the most?

I was talking to our local goth/alternative clothing shop owner a few days before Download, she was going too, and I was saying how I'd studied the line up, and out of all the bands I'd heard of there was barely one set for one day nevermind three! (I'm a bit behind with new bands, been out of the loop for some years).

Then I made a comment how Maiden were the biggest band there, and were told actually, Rammstein were no doubt the biggest act these days! I had to come home and listen to them on YouTube as I'm not familiar with them at all... and my God they were dire! What's with the speaking and whipping himself while 'singing'? German really doesn't lend itself to nice sounding singing imho, like many Euro languages they have to quickly get the words out because they are so long or so many of them it just doesn't sound as good as English to my old ears.

I used to be with it, then they changed what it was... and now I'm old and frightened. :| :lol:

lol! I missed Maiden was a bit gutted at that tbh. Slipknot were really good but Limp Bizkit were my favourite band of the weekend. Caught a few Ramstein songs and although they have a spectacular show (the pyros, flamethrowers, foam cannons etc not the whipping and sex simulations with a 'bitch'!) it's not my cup of tea at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:15 pm 
Major General
Major General

Ramstein were easily the standout performance of the weekend for me, and I don't know any of their songs. Their live show is just f**king mental, the crowd were lapping it up. They probably got the best reaction from the crowd of any band as well I think, though it was close with Iron Maiden.

Slipknot were good but not as good as the first time I saw them, just didn't have anything special to push it into a 'great' show for me.

Maiden were standard Maiden, top notch.

Ramstein blew the place away. Their pyrotechnics, lighting and stage show are insane, and matches their music perfectly.

My other favourite shows of the weekend were Five Finger Death Punch (they were fantastic), QOTSA (surprisingly excellent compared to last time I saw them live) and Volbeat (great band, if you haven't heard them, check them out). Saw a few on the smaller tent where they put up and coming bands and there were a few good ones on there.

Other things I learnt from the weekend - camping next to a f**king airport for four days sucks, the parking at Download is easily the worst of any festival I've ever been to, as is the arena/camping layouts, hayfever is gash and I'm probably too old to mosh for any length of time now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:27 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Serbinator wrote:
Ramstein were easily the standout performance of the weekend for me, and I don't know any of their songs. Their live show is just f**king mental, the crowd were lapping it up. They probably got the best reaction from the crowd of any band as well I think, though it was close with Iron Maiden.

Slipknot were good but not as good as the first time I saw them, just didn't have anything special to push it into a 'great' show for me.

Maiden were standard Maiden, top notch.

Ramstein blew the place away. Their pyrotechnics, lighting and stage show are insane, and matches their music perfectly.

My other favourite shows of the weekend were Five Finger Death Punch (they were fantastic), QOTSA (surprisingly excellent compared to last time I saw them live) and Volbeat (great band, if you haven't heard them, check them out). Saw a few on the smaller tent where they put up and coming bands and there were a few good ones on there.

Other things I learnt from the weekend - camping next to a f**king airport for four days sucks, the parking at Download is easily the worst of any festival I've ever been to, as is the arena/camping layouts, hayfever is gash and I'm probably too old to mosh for any length of time now.

What campsite was you on Serb?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:12 pm 
Major General
Major General

White I think, you?

Took us about an hours walk to and from the car with out stuff when we got there/left. Carrying all your camping stuff, crates, tent etc it's f**king ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Serbinator wrote:
White I think, you?

Took us about an hours walk to and from the car with out stuff when we got there/left. Carrying all your camping stuff, crates, tent etc it's f**king ridiculous.

Wasn't so bad for us as we were gold camp so closer to the car park but a lot further from the arena!