Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Lamb of God Lead Singer Charged with Manslaughter
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:55 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Not sure if anyone on here if a fan of them, but I know there's quite a few that like metal so just in case:

Quote:
THE lead singer of one of the biggest heavy metal bands in the world is accused of killing a fan who jumped on stage.

Randy Blythe, frontman of American band Lamb Of God, was yesterday arrested and charged with manslaughter before the band’s scheduled show at Prague’s Hard Rock Cafe.

His arrest related to an incident in the city in May 2010 when the band played at a club called Abaton.

A scuffle had broke out when a fan jumped on stage. The fan was hurt and later died as a result of his injuries.

Authorities now claim that Blythe, from Richmond in Virginia, is responsible for the death.

A statement from local Prague police said: “We have arrested the singer and charged him with the crime of bodily harm of fourth degree and resulting in the death of the fan.”

Maria Ferrero, a spokeswoman for Lamb Of God, said that Blythe was “falsely accused”, adding: “Lawyers are working on it and he will be exonerated.”

The band, who are currently touring for their new album Resolution, posted ‘#FreeRandyBlythe’ on Twitter in a show of support for Blythe.

They have been one of the most popular metal bands for well over a decade, frequently appearing on the covers of music magazines worldwide.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Lamb of God Lead Singer Charged with Manslaughter
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:10 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
I've never heard of these... not much of a fan due to the singer tbh, 'cause they can play I'm just not liking the screamy vs actually singing vocal style.

Bad news about that fan, depends what the guy did to him I suppose? Pushing him off off the stage or something makes it almost an accident, but if he attacked him otherwise it makes it far worse imo.

Maybe the new singer will be better? :D

Profile Send private message