The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Andrew Gold, Lonely Boy singer-songwriter, dies aged 59
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:54 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

US singer-songwriter Andrew Gold, who enjoyed hits in the 1970s with Lonely Boy and Never Let Her Slip Away, has died in Los Angeles at the age of 59.

Another of his songs, Thank You for Being a Friend, was known to millions after being used as the theme for long-running sitcom The Golden Girls.

During the 1980s, Gold formed Wax UK with ex-10cc member Graham Gouldman.

His UK label, Dome Records, remembered him as "a hugely talented musician" with "a brilliant sense of humour".

Gold, who died on Friday of a heart attack, was the son of Ernest Gold, Oscar-winning composer of films like Exodus and It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

His mother, Marni Nixon, is a singer and actress best known for dubbing the stars of such Hollywood musicals as My Fair Lady and West Side Story.

Gold performed with Linda Ronstadt before his breakthrough as a solo artist with Asylum Records.

He went on to work with Art Garfunkel, Celine Dion, James Taylor, Sir Paul McCartney and numerous other artists.

Most of you will be unaware of this guy, but he was a very talented musician. Poor sod. RIP.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Andrew Gold, Lonely Boy singer-songwriter, dies aged 59
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:04 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Willie Eckerslike wrote:
US singer-songwriter Andrew Gold, who enjoyed hits in the 1970s with Lonely Boy and Never Let Her Slip Away, has died in Los Angeles at the age of 59.

Another of his songs, Thank You for Being a Friend, was known to millions after being used as the theme for long-running sitcom The Golden Girls.

During the 1980s, Gold formed Wax UK with ex-10cc member Graham Gouldman.

His UK label, Dome Records, remembered him as "a hugely talented musician" with "a brilliant sense of humour".

Gold, who died on Friday of a heart attack, was the son of Ernest Gold, Oscar-winning composer of films like Exodus and It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

His mother, Marni Nixon, is a singer and actress best known for dubbing the stars of such Hollywood musicals as My Fair Lady and West Side Story.

Gold performed with Linda Ronstadt before his breakthrough as a solo artist with Asylum Records.

He went on to work with Art Garfunkel, Celine Dion, James Taylor, Sir Paul McCartney and numerous other artists.

Most of you will be unaware of this guy, but he was a very talented musician. Poor sod. RIP.

Very sad indeed, RIP Andrew!

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

Profile Send private message