AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: MLB: The Big Show
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:22 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
MVP. I loved Matsui. :cool:

Being swept by the Mets, I do not. :D

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:06 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Ryan Braun has been suspended the remainder of the season (65 games) for violation of the leagues drug policy, if this is Biogenesis related which I think it is, and not cocaine like a few reports have suggested. Then this is just the tip of the iceberg there were A LOT of big names in that ledger. Oh I should probably mention that Biogenesis was a Miami PED clinic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:37 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

This thread has been quiet for awhile.

The Rays are going through their usual purple patch which, as always, will be offset by a terrible run of form (see opening 40 games).

Instead of pulling away we are just about cathing the Sox, and Baltimore are right behind us. I reckon we will throw it away in the last 15 games.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:11 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

I love Maddon as a manager, you're right though the Rays famously put together very patchy seasons. Most of the time it's down to the youth in the the team and then needing to find their feet at the MLB level

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:21 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Reports are when the rest of the Biogenesis suspensions are announced Monday A-Rod is going to get at least a whooping 214 game ban :ohmy:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:38 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

If he's been at it again he should be banned for life, disappointed really. :(

He got a home run today (or yesterday) an a minor game.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:15 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

I'm hoping for a life time ban, then we can void his terrible contract and get back under the luxury tax number and reset our penalites

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:21 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Major League Baseball has agreed to suspensions with 12 players for their roles in the Biogenesis case Monday, FoxSports.com has reported.

Alex Rodriguez was expected to be served with the harshest penalty, and announcement was expected later Monday.

The players confirmed to be suspended by FoxSports.com are:

• Nelson Cruz, Texas Rangers outfielder (50 games, no appeal).

• Everth Cabrera, San Diego Padres shortstop, (50 games, no appeal).

• Jhonny Peralta, Detroit Tigers shortstop (50 games, no appeal).

• Antonio Bastardo, Philadelphia Phillies reliever (50 games, no appeal).

• Jordany Valdespin, New York Mets outfielder, (50 games, no appeal).

Also suspended are:

• Francisco Cervelli, Yankees catcher.
• Jesus Montero, Seattle Mariners catcher.

• Cesar Puello, New York Mets outfield prospect.

• Fautino De Los Santos, San Diego Padres pitching prospect.

• Sergio Escalona, Houston Astros pitching prospect.

• Fernando Martinez, New York Yankees outfield prospect.

• Jordan Norberto, free-agent pitcher.

Milwaukee outfielder Ryan Braun was the first player to reach an agreement with MLB on a suspension for his connection to the Biogenisis case. The 2011 NL MVP accepted a season-ending 65-game suspension last month.

The Yankees had said they expected Rodriguez to be accused of recruiting other athletes for the clinic, attempting to obstruct MLB's investigation and not being truthful with MLB in the past when he discussed his relationship with Dr. Anthony Galea, who pleaded guilty two years ago to a federal charge of bringing unapproved drugs into the United States from Canada.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:01 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

The Rodriguez suspension has been announced and its 211 games(the rest of this season and the whole of next year) He can continue to play while he appeals the suspension. He went 1-4 in his season debut tonight. It's gonna be a rough ride for him, he was lustily booed bu the Chicago fans tonight, I'll be interested to see his reception when he gets back to the Bronx.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:35 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

I miss Mo already. He's simply put the greatest of all time and he'll never be matched. Here's a link with 21 stats showing just how dominate he was.
Click The Link...http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=9717908&src=desktop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:01 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Was watching it unfold last night live, quite tough to watch really. :(

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:31 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Thinking about buying tickets for the last home game for next season when they go on sale in case it's Jeter's last game at the stadium

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:17 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Andy Pettitte, wow.

It might not have been the best of years for Yankees, but it's been a great final week.

It was a perfect ending to see him leave. :cheers:

I'll remember the two moments of both Mariano and Andy leaving the field for the rest of my time. Been an honour. :thumbup:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:44 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

It was nice for Andy too he's a Texas boy and spent a few seasons pitching for the Astros perfect place for his final start.

I'm 33 now, so Pettite, Jeter, and Mo are really the last 3 athletes I looked up to as idols from my childhood, and now I've only got 1 left, I'm gonna cry like a baby when Jeter calls time on his career

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:45 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

In other Yankee news reports are Cano wants 10yrs $305m.....it'd be the biggest contract in baseball history....and I'm not sure he's worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:55 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

What happens if Texas win later? Who gets the Wildcard slot?

Edit: Just saw on the website that there will be another one off game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:54 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Yup it's officially an extra regular season game. Game 163 if you will

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:47 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Yanks have signed Jeter to a one year $12m contract. He had a player option for this year at $9.5m, but with the way the baseball salary cap works his number would have been $14m against the cap. So by giving him a $2.5m raise they are saving themselves $2m in hopes of getting under the magic $189m cap number and resetting their penalties, they paid $29.1m in luxury tax this season.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:14 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter said on Wednesday he would retire from Major League Baseball at the end of the 2014 season, a decision the 19-year veteran said he made after being hobbled by injuries last year.

In a post on his Facebook page, Jeter, 39, widely considered one of baseball's greatest shortstops, said he made the decision following a tough 2013 season when he struggled to recover from a broken ankle and other injuries.

"Last year was a tough one for me. As I suffered through a bunch of injuries, I realized that some of the things that always came easily to me and were always fun had started to become a struggle. The one thing I always said to myself was that when baseball started to feel more like a job, it would be time to move forward.

"So really it was months ago when I realized that this season would likely be my last. As I came to this conclusion and shared it with my friends and family, they all told me to hold off saying anything until I was absolutely 100 percent sure.

"And the thing is, I could not be more sure. I know it in my heart. The 2014 season will be my last year playing professional baseball."

Jeter, a winner of five World Series rings and a 13-time All-Star who stands 10th on MLB's all-time hits list with 3,316, played only 17 games in 2013 as the Yankees missed the playoffs for only the second time in Jeter's 19 years with the club.

The shortstop was a late-season call-up for the Yankees in 1995 before claiming the job for his own in 1996 and winning American League Rookie of the Year honors. He helped the Yankees win the 1996 World Series, their first championship in 18 years.

That began a glorious run for the Bronx Bombers, who also won three Fall Classic crowns in a row from 1998 under manager Joe Torre.

Jeter and his teammates also reached the World Series in 2001 and 2003 before returning to the winner's circle in 2009.

His departure will mark a second momentous farewell in as many seasons for the Yankees following the retirement announced ahead of the 2013 season by all-time saves leader Mariano Rivera.

Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig said the sport would be saluting the future Hall of Famer during the upcoming season.

"In the 21-plus years in which I have served as commissioner, Major League Baseball has had no finer ambassador than Derek Jeter," Selig said in a statement.

"He is one of the most accomplished and memorable players of his - or any - era.

"Derek is the kind of person that generations have emulated proudly, and he remains an exemplary face of our sport. Major League Baseball looks forward to celebrating his remarkable career throughout the 2014 season."

The announcement by Jeter, who will turn 40 in June, seemed to take the Yankees off guard.

"It surprised me a little bit," Gene Michael, senior vice president of the Yankees and the team's general manager when Jeter joined the club, told ESPN radio.

"Eight years ago he told me he wanted to play 10 more years and this is only nine."

Jeter was a steadying force for the Yankees over nearly two decades, rarely making a misstep on the field or off, and he has been hailed as a clutch performer who often performed his best under the brightest spotlight.

His sense of the occasion may best be illustrated by the June day in 2011 when Jeter reached the 3,000-hit milestone.

The Yankee captain went 5-for-5 at the plate, hitting a home run in his last at-bat for hit number 3,000 in front of an ecstatic Yankee Stadium crowd.

"It won't surprise me if he has a good year and steps out," Michael said. "He knows what he wants to do. He's smart.

"He's handled himself as well as anybody could ever do it. He's been a great, great, great asset for the Yankees and we've been lucky to have him."
:( :no:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:53 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

One more month. :ohohoh:

Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next