AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: UFC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Serbinator wrote:
Just watched the first ep of season one. I already loved Chris Leben because of his fighting :wink: style and eccentricity but can tell I'm going to love him even more. Getting smashed on the first night in the house then p*ssing on the Canadians bed :laugh: follows that up by beating everyone on the run the next morning. He is the definition of heart.

Leben gets worse and worse. Had some proper issues.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:05 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
idontfeardeath wrote:
How's that revision coming along? :rolleyes:

Awesome :thumbdown:

Can't wait to get his exam over with tomorrow.

Post subject: Anderson Silva gets slapped by Pelé
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:37 pm 
National Hero
National Hero

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:30 pm 
Major General
Major General

:lol: That is awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:39 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Spoiler:
Someone's hubris finally caught up with him last night

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:fonz: and how great it was to see.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:48 pm 
Major General
Major General

Spoiler:
It was, been a while coming. Such an arrogant pr*ck.

IMO, he's clearly the GOAT, by some distance, but he really spoils it with his f**king around trying to humiliate his opponents.

Well done Weidmann, can barely believe it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:32 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Quote:
The much-anticipated UFC middleweight rematch between champion Chris Weidman and former titleholder Anderson Silva is set for Dec. 28 at UFC 168 in Las Vegas, promotion president Dana White told ESPN on Saturday.

"Ever since the fight got over, I don't know if there's ever been any more hype, ever, in UFC history after a fight," White said on "SportsCenter." "Everybody has been wondering if there will be a rematch. I've been working on it since Thursday.

"Dec. 28 in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand, Anderson Silva will fight Chris Weidman in the rematch. The co-main event will be Ronda Rousey versus Miesha Tate."

Weidman handed Silva his first loss inside the Octagon on July 6 at UFC 162 in Las Vegas. Regarded as the greatest mixed martial artist in history, Silva was knocked out in the second round by a Weidman left hook.

Immediately after the loss, Silva stated he didn't want a rematch. But minutes later, during the UFC 162 post-fight news conference, he began softening his stance -- saying he needed three-to-four months to think about his next move.

It turns out Silva needed less than a week to conclude he wants to face Weidman a second time.

"Yeah guys, my fans, UFC and my fans [throughout] the world and in the United States, Dec. 28, I coming back to fight: Weidman and Anderson Silva. I back. Trust me, I back," Silva told ESPN.

White said both Weidman and Silva have signed the bout agreements. There was no difficulty putting the fight together.

"Anderson Silva is motivated, fired up and wants the belt back," White said. "I expect a totally different fight. I don't think he is going to come out and taunt [Weidman].

"He went out and played. It's not the first time he's done this. He's done it before and he got away with it. Chris Weidman didn't allow it. Chris Weidman kept his composure when [Silva] was messing around with him and Weidman went right after him and ended up knocking him out."

The 38-year-old Silva had successfully defended his 185-pound title a UFC-record 10 times heading into the showdown with Weidman. He had won 16 straight fights in UFC competition.

After the loss, Silva fell from No. 1 on the ESPN.com mixed martial arts pound-for-pound list to No. 4. Weidman, who made his debut on the list, is ranked fifth.

Weidman (10-0) became the first mixed martial artist to knock out Silva. He will take a six-fight UFC win streak into the rematch.

Rousey makes the second defense of her women's bantamweight title in a rematch. The fight with Tate will be the second between them.

In their first meeting, on March 3, 2012, Rousey submitted Tate in the first round to claim the Strikeforce title.

Rousey (7-0) makes her second official defense of the UFC belt. In her Octagon debut, she submitted Liz Carmouche in the first round at UFC 157 on Feb. 23.

She has submitted all of her opponents in the first round via armbar.

Tate replaced Cat Zingano, who was forced to withdraw from UFC 168 because of a knee injury in May. In her most recent fight, on April 13, Tate was knocked out in the fourth round by Zingano.

With the rematch and a Rousey fight on this card, I think this will shatter whatever the UFC's current pay-per-view record is, by some distance too

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:07 pm 
Major General
Major General

UFC The Story So Far on BBC Sport now.

Also - coming to Manchester in October :fonz:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:23 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Serbinator wrote:
UFC The Story So Far on BBC Sport now.

Also - coming to Manchester in October :fonz:

That must mean you have another vacation scheduled for October :p

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:28 pm 
Major General
Major General

I've somehow managed to be out the country the past couple of times it's been over, no way I'm missing this one.

Only drawback is none of my mates really like UFC, so I could well be going on my own.

Just so happens United are playing Stoke at home the same day so might have to get tickets for that then head over to the UFC after the game finishes. That'd be a hell of a day!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:14 pm 
Major General
Major General

Just got tickets for me and idfd for October! :ohohoh:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) managing director Asia Pacific Mark Fischer told Reuters that an Olympic place might only be 20 years away thanks to the work of his organisation in growing the sport and the introduction of the fledgling International Mixed Martial Arts Federation.

"Yes we do believe that MMA should be in the Olympics given its prominence as a sport all over the world," Fischer told Reuters in Singapore after announcing that the first UFC show in the city-state would take place on Jan. 4

"Mixed martial arts, under the global leadership of UFC and us really inspiring and pushing the envelope, I think has a great chance to become an Olympic sport because it is participated now by countries literally all over the world.

"Because of the interest, because of the investment now the startups, gyms, promotions etc that are going into mixed martial arts, then we are very confident that we are going to have the weight behind this movement to be in the Olympics."

One of the fastest growing sports in the world, MMA is a full contact sport that allows fighters to utilize techniques from both striking and grappling martial arts such as boxing, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai, wrestling and judo.

Aided by the hugely popular reality TV show series 'The Ultimate Fighter' the UFC say they have managed to grow to 30 events a year and reach 354 million homes in 145 countries.

Hugely popular in the United States, Brazil, Japan and Canada, the UFC is looking to extend its reach throughout Asia and the IMMAF, founded in 2012, say they have 21 member federations on board with that number expected to reach 40 by next year.

Fischer, who previously worked with the NBA in growing their business in China, acknowledged, however, that Olympic inclusion was not on his immediate agenda as he bids to help MMA and the UFC in Asia.

"It is certainly a goal of our owners to do it one day. It is going to happen," Fischer said of the Olympic plans.

"Do we need it? No, we are going to survive and continue to grow. Would it help to put us on that next level of interest and really capture everybody's imagination and understanding? I think it would help tremendously. But we are talking about theoreticals."

But questions have been raised about the UFC's governance that could derail any Olympic ambitions.

Two years ago, the World Anti Doping Agency (WADA), United States Anti Doping Agency (USADA) criticised the UFC for administering their own testing of athletes and not involving either authority.

Fischer was adamant the UFC was clean and their methods above board.

"First of all, we follow WADA and on top of that we have actually in the last couple of years have instituted our own extra level of testing for PEDs (performance enhancing drugs)," Fischer said.

"So we are actually more strict now than WADA. It is a very important issue for us, we absolutely want our fighters to be clean and in the octagon competing on a very pure level."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:29 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Serbinator wrote:
Just got tickets for me and idfd for October! :ohohoh:

he keeps buying me things without getting the money off me first. He'll never learn

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:37 pm 
Major General
Major General

New series of TUF has just started with Ronda Rousey and Meisha Tate the coaches.

From the very first episode you can tell Rousey is an absolute bellend of a person.

Spoiler:
Glad that first girl lost, what an arrogant twat. Plus, the other girl is hot!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:06 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Never did send me the link to that hotel. At this rate we'll be staying round Reedos and I think that may be something he's dreamt about.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:52 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

idontfeardeath wrote:
Never did send me the link to that hotel. At this rate we'll be staying round Reedos and I think that may be something he's dreamt about.

Well well well if that's the plan for the weekend give me enough time to buy a plane ticket :ohmy:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:03 am 
Major General
Major General

Click The Link...http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/jurys-manchester.en-gb.html?aid=333518;label=worle-G_yW3%2AdZa1KvKUqfb3vtcQS26987436582%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=f7c89ac90dd118c2822cf9d84c62aeb7;dcid=1;checkin=2013-10-26;checkout=2013-10-27;group_adults=3;group_children=0;group_rooms=58973_80848238_0_2_3_0_0;srfid=56e9925ff2b753c9e862c2005492fd75fcfadeecX1

Triple room, £179

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:10 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Did we all see Jones v Gustafsson?

What a war.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:32 am 
Major General
Major General

Yep, great fight. Jones has never been tested like that before, and fair play to him he looked the more likely to finish it towards the end, but Gustaffsen never really looked in proper danger other than that one elbow. How calm & composed was Gustaffsen throughout the fight though, what a fighter. First man ever to take Jones down as well :thumbup:

Looking forward to the rematch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next