AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower


It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:23 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 31162
Location: Milton Keynes
Quote:
Many Pacquiao has been accused of dishonesty for failing to disclose details of a shoulder injury in a questionnaire before his fight against Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas.

The 36-year-old blamed the injury for Saturday's points defeat by Floyd Mayweather, claiming it stopped him using his right hand during the bout.

"It's not just the fact he didn't fill out the question completely, it was that he wasn't honest," said Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Bob Bennett.

"They didn't tell us a month ago when he had the shoulder injury. They're not obligated to, but two hours before the fight they wanted a shot that's a painkiller, in essence. That put us in a very precarious position."

Pacquiao could now face a possible fine or suspension from the NAC but the Filipino's adviser, Michael Koncz, denied claims the fighter's camp deliberately failed to declare the injury to the commission.

Surgeon Neal ElAttrache told ESPN that Pacquiao had a "significant tear" in his rotator cuff. He added the injury was likely to sideline the fighter for between nine and 12 months.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum claimed Pacquiao injured his shoulder about two and a half weeks before Saturday's fight in Las Vegas.

Mayweather, 38, scored a unanimous points victory in the four-belt unification bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, the win extending the American's unbeaten record as a professional to 48 fights.

Pacquiao's surgery means any rematch is unlikely, with Mayweather insisting he will retire in September after one more fight.

Britain's Amir Khan says Mayweather's manager told him "let's get that fight on" after Saturday's bout.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:03 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:12 am
Posts: 10116
I hate may weather he is pure ku98 ..

_________________
pakrooney wrote:

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:22 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
JSP wrote:
idontfeardeath wrote:
Watched the fight.

Mayweather speed impressed me most. A 38 yr old with that much speed is ridiculous. The two fighters looked like they had been for a Sunday jog at the end of the fight!


He's quick but how much power is there behind those punches as they didn't really cause much damage and it was the same the other way both men landed a couple of decent shots but no one really went close to hitting the deck and the body shots didn't seem to take the toll on either man to slow them down in later rounds.

I think Mayweather was expecting a harder fight and maybe if the injury rumours are true then maybe the contest was spoiled a little bit which is a real shame as fans had waited so long for it to see such a one sided fight was dissapointing. These two should've had a fight once Pacquiao beat Hatton at the time Hatton had only lost to Mayweather and when Pacquiao beat him as well these two were the top 2 fighters in the world and at their peak but for whatever reason you want to believe they didn't do it.

Will be interesting to see if they have a rematch Mayweather says he's fighting again in September and then that's it if he wins that he goes to 49-0 would he risk one more fight to make it 50? Does he need to fight Pacquiao again that fight was so one sided that he doesn't really have anything left to prove in this debate and if they did fight again there's no way it would have the same hype as it did this time.


A lot more power than they look like. First round set the tone for the fight. Pac realised how hard Mays jab was and that was the end of the fight he was to scared to try and walk through the punch and knew he couldn't take a risk.

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:12 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 31162
Location: Milton Keynes
They're now saying they may fight again next year as Pac has to take time off to recover from his injury could be as long as 12 months.

If he was injured fans have a right to be p*ssed off given how much it cost to watch the fight not just live in Vegas but also on box office at home.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:32 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:21 am
Posts: 7633
I don't think he will or should. The fight was boring, and entirely as expected as that's what he does. I don't think a year older, recovering from injury Pacquiao is going to hurt him. Mayweather is just too good. I would like to see him against someone like Khan, just to see if he can cope with someone that young and fast. But I suspect he'd outclass him as well.

_________________
JSP wrote:
No longer do you have to settle for a fatty-boom-batty at the end of the night you can get yourself a reasonable looking sl*g.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:12 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 31162
Location: Milton Keynes
borocooper wrote:
I don't think he will or should. The fight was boring, and entirely as expected as that's what he does. I don't think a year older, recovering from injury Pacquiao is going to hurt him. Mayweather is just too good. I would like to see him against someone like Khan, just to see if he can cope with someone that young and fast. But I suspect he'd outclass him as well.


I don't think Khan is quicker than Pacquiao at his best but I tend to agree there isn't much to be gained from fighting again other than to have another monster pay day.

Mayweather might be tempted by Khan just because he knows the British crowd bring big bucks to a fight but he's in a different class to everyone else out there so is there really much point in carrying on fighting he's 38 years old he's beaten his nemesis to prove his point apart from going after the Marciano record of 49 undefeated what else has he got left to prove.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:54 am 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:21 am
Posts: 7633
Totally agree on both those point.

Also I don't think Khan is that special, but he is fast now and Pacquaio wasn't in the fight on Saturday (whether it was injury or age)..and I think that might be the only thing that could beat Mayweather, cos he's got to be slowing a little bit at his age. But I do still think he's just so smart as far as boxing defense goes that he'll slip away from anyone.

It's all silly really, if all he'd be looking for is one last big payday, then the biggest payday is probably still a rematch with Pacquaio, even though I couldn't care less about seeing personally I'm sure there's others out there who want to. I just think there's more intrigue in a fight with Khan or maybe Brook..and of those two there would presumably be more money in Khan. Probably more risk, but I think he'd win and Khan might make it a bit more exciting.

Is anyone else here interested in the Mayweather Pacquaio rematch? Given how turgid that first fight was?

_________________
JSP wrote:
No longer do you have to settle for a fatty-boom-batty at the end of the night you can get yourself a reasonable looking sl*g.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:05 am 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 31162
Location: Milton Keynes
If Pacquiao was carrying an injury then people might be interested as it wasn't really a fair fight and I'm sure if it did come around again people would be interested as promoters can hype up any fight to get interest but they wouldn't be able to touch the $300m they got for this fight and it wouldn't capture the worlds imagination like this fight did as everyone would expect Mayweather to win again.

Mayweather is just to good for the rest as you say he's such a good counter puncher that any mistake you make gets punished and he wins rounds because he knows what impresses the judges.

The bigger question for the sport of boxing is where are the next big name superstars coming from? Once these 2 hang up the gloves who are the next generation who'll attract this sort of publicity and interest? I have to admit I don't follow the sport that much anymore but it seems to me like the interest is dropping it's a greulling sport to train for and because no up and comer has been able to topple these greats there seems to be a bit of a void of talent.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:30 am 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
A lot of talk of lawsuits and Pac being sued if proved he went into the fight knowingly injured.

Kahn would cause Mayweather problems. It he doesn't deserve the fight. He should stop ducking Brook. I've never known someone without a championship belt to duck the title holder before when being called out by him!

And Brook knocks him out!

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:33 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 31162
Location: Milton Keynes
idontfeardeath wrote:
A lot of talk of lawsuits and Pac being sued if proved he went into the fight knowingly injured.

Kahn would cause Mayweather problems. It he doesn't deserve the fight. He should stop ducking Brook. I've never known someone without a championship belt to duck the title holder before when being called out by him!

And Brook knocks him out!


I think the talk of lawsuits is a bit ridiculous and I doubt it'll go anywhere as if he lost then surely everyone who paid for tickets and PPV/Box Office gets their money back?

No doubt Kahn would cause Mayweather problems he's a good fighter but what we saw the other night was just how much ahead of everyone else Mayweather is Khan imo would probably end up making a mistake and getting knocked out just like Hatton did when he stepped up to this level. Khan like all the other fighters will say he has the speed/power to knock out Mayweather but so far no one has managed to do that and Mayweather would call all the shots and make it hard for him to be knocked out.

Khan vs Brook would be a good fight and I guess if he can't get Mayweather then this fight will happen as it's a big fight they can probably have at Wembley and sell plenty of tickets as it would have interest.

I think the Khan vs Mayweather fight sells and could happen assuming Khan doesn't lose his next fight.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:35 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:21 am
Posts: 7633
Id guess it's because he's been hoping he could get the Mayweather payday. If he fought Brook first and lost, I don't think he'd be getting that fight. Whereas if he fought Mayweather and lost, he could probably still get the Brook fight.

_________________
JSP wrote:
No longer do you have to settle for a fatty-boom-batty at the end of the night you can get yourself a reasonable looking sl*g.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:13 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 31162
Location: Milton Keynes
borocooper wrote:
Id guess it's because he's been hoping he could get the Mayweather payday. If he fought Brook first and lost, I don't think he'd be getting that fight. Whereas if he fought Mayweather and lost, he could probably still get the Brook fight.


This is part of the problem there's so much politics involved with boxing because of the number of federations, promoters and broadcasters along with the fact the very top fighters only fight once or twice a year because it's such a tough training regime.

If there was just one federation they could just say he's the number 1 contender and therefore your next fight is against him if you don't like it give us the belt back and you can drop to number 20 in the world and work your way back up.

Interesting article from the Guardian about Mayweathers future though

Quote:
On the same day many had speculated that an injury to Manny Pacquiao would rule out a rematch with Floyd Mayweather, the American has said he is willing to face his rival once again.

“I will fight him in a year after his surgery,” Mayweather told ESPN’s Steve A Smith in a text on Tuesday.

It had earlier emerged that surgery on a torn rotator cuff is likely to put Pacquiao out of action for nine to 12 months. Pacquiao says the injury hampered him during his unanimous points defeat to Mayweather in Las Vegas on Saturday. “We have an MRI scan that confirms he has a rotator cuff tear. He has a significant tear,” orthopedic surgeon Neal ElAttrache told ESPN.

The victory took Mayweather’s career record to 48-0 and unified the WBO, WBA and WBC welterweight belts. However, Mayweather has said he will give up the belts, and is likely to team up with business partners Al Haymon and Lou Ellerbe to fight for a new “world title” under Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions series. If Mayweather does decide Pacquiao again it would be a blow for Britain’s Amir Khan, who had hoped to face the American. Khan is one of around 100 boxers who has an agreement with Haymon.

A Pacquiao-Mayweather rematch would, confusingly, see the “fight of the century” take place twice within the space of a couple of years. The attraction for both men is obvious with Mayweather estimated to have earned $180m and Pacquiao $120m.

First, Pacquiao may have to overcome legal obstacles as well as surgery though. Pacquiao and his team did not inform the Nevada Athletic Commission of the injury until a couple of hours before the fight. “The first I heard of this was at 6.08pm when he [Pacquiao] arrived in the locker room,” the commission’s chairman, Francisco Aguilar, said. “I have no proof of the injury. If he told us on Friday, we would have got the MRIs and there are a lot of things we could have done.”

The fact that Pacquiao did not reveal his injury could lead to legal action from fans who paid huge sums to attend the fight, and feel they did not see both fighters at their peak. Indeed, two Las Vegas residents filed a $5m lawsuit against Pacquiao on Tuesday. Some tickets are said to have been been priced at $350,000 on the resale website StubHub, although it is not clear whether anyone paid that sum. Millions of viewers around the world also paid to watch the fight on pay-per-view. In American alone, three million customers are believed to have paid $100 to watch the event.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao ~ It's on like Donkey Kong b*tches
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:44 am 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
Two Pac fans committed suicide after the result.

http://worldnewsexpress.com/sports/two- ... er-987652/

It's amazing how some of us can put celebrities on such a pedalstool that it can drive people to this action.

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron