AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather Reluctant To Fight Pacquiao
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:29 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Resurrection Joe wrote:
idontfeardeath wrote:
If he believes manny is taking drugs then he's got to protect himself. If manny has nothing to hide I really don't see a problem. I hope the fightgoes ahead I think they're both over rated.

he's protecting himself against having to take the fight, by asking for unreasonable measures & moving to an unprecedented set of rules for Vegas :hmm:

Mayweather never wanted any part of Pac-man and this is his way to get out of the fight. Again Manny isn't trying to avoid drug testing, just not the way Floyd wants it done. I've read a few places including further up in this thread that it's really more of a mental thing. Manny feels that having his blood drawn weakens him. It's just a load of bull to make Mayweather look he wants the fight and Manny is backing out when's it's most likely not the case.

And do you really feel Manny is over rated?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:47 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Quote:
Pacquiao plans to sue Mayweather

Mayweather Jr and Pacquaio would have earned millions from the fight

Manny Pacquiao has said he will take Floyd Mayweather to court following a blood-testing dispute.

The Filipino pulled out of a lucrative fight to face Mayweather on 13 March after the American demanded Olympic-style drugs tests ahead of the bout.

Pacquaio also plans to sue Mayweather's father and Golden Boy Promotions.

"I have instructed my promoter, Bob Arum, to help me out in the filing of the case as soon as possible," read a statement on Pacquaio's website.

"Enough is enough. These people, Mayweather Sr, Jr and Golden Boy Promotions think it is a joke and a right to accuse someone wrongly of using steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs.

"I have tried to just brush it off as a mere pre-fight ploy but I think they have gone overboard."

Manny Pacquiao wrote:
My way to the top is a result of hard work, hard work, hard work and a lot of blood spilled from my past battles

WBO welterweight champion Pacquaio withdrew from what was expected to be the richest fight in boxing history on Wednesday following a disagreement about blood tests 30 days prior to the fight.

The Filipino said he would only give blood before the initial media conference and immediately after the fight.

Although Pacquaio said he would agree to testing by the same agencies that conduct pro American Football and baseball players, he would not sign up to random tests by the US Anti-Doping Agency.

Promoter Arum accused Mayweather's camp of raising the issue not because they were worried about Pacquiao taking performance-enhancing substances, but because Mayweather never wanted to fight in the first place.

And Pacquaio now intends to settle matters in court.

"I have had people coming over to me now asking if I really take performance-enhancing drugs and I have cheated my way into becoming the number one boxer in the world," said the 31-year-old, who has never tested positive for performance-enhancing substances.

"I maintain and assure everyone that I have not used any form or kind of steroids and that my way to the top is a result of hard work, hard work, hard work and a lot of blood spilled from my past battles in the ring, not outside of it.

"I have no idea what steroids look like and my fear in God has kept me safe and victorious through all these years.

"Now, I say to Floyd Mayweather Jr, don't be a coward and face me in the ring, mano-a-mano and shut your big, pretty mouth so we can show the world who is the true king of the ring."

Unbeaten Mayweather and five-weight champion Pacquaio - considered to be the best pound-for-pound boxers in the world - were set to meet at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas in one of the biggest fight since the turn of the century.

Pacquiao became a five-weight world champion following his WBO welterweight title win over Miguel Cotto in November, while Nevada-based Mayweather returned from a 21-month retirement to beat Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez in September.

I'm disliking Mayweather with every passing day. :hmm:

I hope Pacquiao sues his ass, then knocks him out in the ring.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:48 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I'll be cheering maywhether. I do seriously believe manny is over rated he's become huge is over rates with similar media hype as Beckham he's an excellent fighter but some people would put him down as one of the greatest ever which he simply isn't. He as made himself a global name through his activities outside of the ring as much as in the ring.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:35 am 
Major General
Major General

idontfeardeath wrote:
I'll be cheering maywhether. I do seriously believe manny is over rated he's become huge is over rates with similar media hype as Beckham he's an excellent fighter but some people would put him down as one of the greatest ever which he simply isn't. He as made himself a global name through his activities outside of the ring as much as in the ring.

If you ask me idfd, I'd say Mayweather is the more overrated of the two.

Pacquiao has come from light flyweight to welterweight and won 7 world titles in the different weight divisions in the process which is some feat. Plus he's less of a media/ money wh*re than Mayweather.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:37 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

He may be less of a money wh*re he isn't less of a media wh*re. He's starring in a new film based on his life with the biggest Filipino actor around. I'm not stating whose more over rated than the other but i personally feel that they both are.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:49 am 
Major General
Major General

idontfeardeath wrote:
He may be less of a money wh*re he isn't less of a media wh*re. He's starring in a new film based on his life with the biggest Filipino actor around. I'm not stating whose more over rated than the other but i personally feel that they both are.

Fair enough :thumbup:

I agree they two boxers are hyped out a fair bit these days (and most of it is probably deserved) but its because of the sorry state boxing is in these days. There are no personalities or sheer class boxers out there, but it is fast becoming a sport on the slide. That's why I want this match to take place, as it would be the biggest boxing match in history (financially) and it may help to rescue the world of boxing from its slump.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:33 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Riquelminho wrote:
idontfeardeath wrote:

Fair enough :thumbup:

I agree they two boxers are hyped out a fair bit these days (and most of it is probably deserved) but its because of the sorry state boxing is in these days. There are no personalities or sheer class boxers out there, but it is fast becoming a sport on the slide. That's why I want this match to take place, as it would be the biggest boxing match in history (financially) and it may help to rescue the world of boxing from its slump.

The problem is there are so many regulataory bodies in boxing and so many weight classes, the best boxers can make their fortune without ever having to fight anyone good. They instead make their money on fighting nobodies to improve their record, and then the occasional time we do get a good fight, usually the boxer with the bigger draw will get the rules of the figh to suit his needs (e.g. their wightchoice, number of rounds, the other bloke is usually about 10 year past his best etc).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:42 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

P4P king Manny Pacquiao is taking on Floyd Mayweather Jr in court even as a potential blockbuster bout between the two is on the ropes.

Filipino hero Pacquiao filed a lawsuit in federal court in Las Vegas on Wednesday alleging that Mayweather and others defamed him by falsely saying Pacquiao used performance-enhancing drugs.

"Calling a professional athlete a cheater is the most serious charge one can make," the lawsuit says, "and in today's world, accusing an athlete of using performance-enhancing drugs - however baseless and lacking in evidence - is toxic."

Pacquiao has been angered by the Mayweather camp's insistence on doping control blood tests in the buildup to their welterweight showdown - a demand that has the March 13 fight in doubt.

Mayweather has said the blood tests, which could detect substances not found by urine tests, are vital to ensure a fair fight, although blood tests are not routinely used in boxing.

Pacquiao - who says he fears having blood drawn less than 30 days before the fight would 'weaken' him - has taken exception to the demand and to comments made by the Mayweather camp in media interviews.

His lawsuit asks for damages in excess of $75,000 and names Mayweather, his father, Floyd Sr, and uncle Roger Mayweather as defendants. Oscar De La Hoya and Richard Schaefer, who operate Golden Boy Promotions and are promoting Mayweather, are also named as having "stated publicly that Pacquiao has used and is using performance-enhancing drugs, including steroids."

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

Post subject: Re: Mayweather V Pacquiao - Pacqiao says fight is off
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:43 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Pacqiao says fight is off according to SSN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:25 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

FLOYD MAYWEATHER JNR insists he DOES want to face Manny Pacquiao.

The unbeaten American has had the finger pointed firmly in his direction for the March 13 mega fight with Pacquiao falling through.

But Money has angrily denied he is to blame for negotiations breaking down.

"He fumed: "First and foremost, not only do I want to fight Manny, I want to whip his punk ass.

"I am ready to fight and sign the contract. Manny needs to stop making his excuses, step up and fight."

The biggest fight of 2010 was first thrown into doubt when Team Mayweather insisted on random blood testing in the build-up to the big night.

Pacquiao refused to agree to the request, claiming a fear of needles and giving blood so close to boxing would drain his power.

His stance led to Mayweather's camp insisting the Filipino did not want to be tested because it would prove he takes performance-enhancing drugs.

A mediator was brought in to try and resolve the dispute but Arum announced the bout was off after the talks failed.

Mayweather, however, insists he has always been willing to compromise to ensure the showdown takes place.

Money added: "Throughout this whole process I have remained patient.

"But at this point I am thoroughly disgusted that Pacquiao and his representatives are trying to blame me for the fight not happening, when clearly the blame is on them.

"Before the mediation, my team proposed a 14-day, no blood testing window leading up to the fight but it was rejected.

"I am still proposing the 14-day window but he is still unwilling to agree to it, even though this is obviously a fair compromise on my part as I wanted the testing up until the fight and he wanted a 30-day cut-off."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:26 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

how's about you fight under the same rules as your last fight(s)?

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:34 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Resurrection Joe wrote:
how's about you fight under the same rules as your last fight(s)?

Or just arrange to meet in a car park?

It does seem to be a bit ridiculous how this has all unfolded as this is one of the few fights in recent times that all boxing fans are looking forward to see.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:38 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

2 phenomonal boxers, both over hyped. Cut out the BS and get it sorted.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

OneLoveOneEric wrote:

I dunno I think Mayweather is the real deal he's a complete tool but he's beaten all the other over hyped guys including Marquez who many feel was screwed out of a win over Manny.

I still think this fight will happen both need it and I wouldn't be suprised if all of the recent on/off stuff was done on purpose to build the hype up even more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:59 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

JSP wrote:
OneLoveOneEric wrote:

I dunno I think Mayweather is the real deal he's a complete tool but he's beaten all the other over hyped guys including Marquez who many feel was screwed out of a win over Manny.

I still think this fight will happen both need it and I wouldn't be suprised if all of the recent on/off stuff was done on purpose to build the hype up even more.

Overhyped as in too much in the media spotlight.

Post subject: Pacquiao agrees to blood test
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:10 pm 
Major General
Major General

I have it from a reliable source that apparently Manny has agreed to Mayweather's demands for random blood testing up to 14 days before the fight. Looks like we're in for an explosive fight soon! The date being talked about is November 13th.

Quote:
"As long as they're not getting a large amount of blood, I am willing to give out blood as close to two weeks before the fight," said Manny Pacquiao, agreeing to undergo random drug and urine testing 14 days before a potential Nov. 13 fight with Floyd Mayweather, according to The Manila Bulletin.

More to follow.

Post subject: Re: Pacquiao agrees to blood test
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:31 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

In terms of cash, the biggest fight of all time?

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:34 pm 
Major General
Major General

idontfeardeath wrote:

Without a doubt. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:37 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
I'm not even a big boxing fan but this would be epic.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:28 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

idontfeardeath wrote:

In terms of anticipation also. This fight was first called for about 4 years ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next