AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:46 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
You have to laugh at the commentators having the cheek to say Raikkonen beats Schumacher's consecutive points record.. without mentioning that Schumacher did it when 6 places were given points, not 10. :D

Anything to knock the great man down.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Yeah he hasn't really achieved what Michael did has he.

Also on the Vettel situation. He's been booed on every single podium so far this season. He isn't liked not because he's a champion but because of hit attitude and lack of respect towards others.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:59 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Also pre-podium did I hear Webber refer to Seb as Michael?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:14 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

British Grand Prix winner Nico Rosberg has been summoned to the stewards on Sunday for the Mercedes driver's apparent failure to slow for yellow warning flags during

Stewards asked the German to report to them with a team representative.

Rosberg, who celebrated his second win of the season, finished the chaotic race 0.7 seconds ahead of Red Bull's Australian Mark Webber.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

It'll either be a slap on the wrist and a fine or a 20 second penalty.

Goes to ways. FIA wont want to be seen as influencing the result of a race and after the tyregate scandel are in a difficult position so may issue a fine however a steward died in the previous race at Canada so may want to issue a warning to the rest that track safety must be respected.

A 20 second penalty would see him finish 10th.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

BREAKING NEWS: Nico Rosberg has escaped with a reprimand for speeding under yellows. His race win stands.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:38 am 
Major General
Major General

Interesting race, glad Nico wasn't handed a time penalty.

Pirelli need to get a handle on what happened with the tyres, if it was down to the kerb then the FIA need to make sure that the issue isn't repeated at other tracks as it's a major safety concern.

Lewis and Fernando both drove well, and Webber did too. Rosberg lucked into the win, but responded to the late charge from Webber to hold on.

Had a bit of a chuckle when Vettel stopped :D

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:41 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

They should make the tyres explode every week makes it far more interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 am 
Major General
Major General

It certainly added drama to the occasion. Not sure the drivers would be too up for exploding tyres every race though :D

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:51 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Well they will just have to learn to live with it adding some more mario kart style fun to F1 would certainly help get my attention.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:52 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
JSP wrote:
They should make the tyres explode every week makes it far more interesting.

Yeah or just have snipers shooting randomly at the drivers throughout the race.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:10 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

From todays YDT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:01 am 
Major General
Major General

:lol: nice bit of banter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Enjoyed the race yesterday, and for once I was impressed with the way Hamilton drove it. Like the pundits said afterwards "controlled agression" much better than his Grosjean-like tactics from a couple of year or so ago.

The squabble between Button/Vettel/Alonson was pretty good.

Think it's the only race this year I've not been bored with so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PAwBy_ ... r_embedded

However, after seeing this Hamilton is back in my c*ntbook until proven not-guilty/it's a fake. :sulk:

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:26 am 
Major General
Major General

Hamilton and Button both drove good races, along with Raikkonen who did well to hold off Vettel. That said at times when he's under pressure to pass someone Vettel can be pretty ragged, and Sunday was a classic example of that. He'd have passed Kimi if he'd not run wide and off the track the way he was, ended up being his own worst enemy.

Alonso been ticked of by Di Montezemolo (sp) after replying to the question of "what would be your ideal birthday present" by saying "someone else's car" :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:12 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Ferrari have upset the best Formula One driver in the world, Fernando Alonso, in order to ensure that Kimi Raikkonen will be driving for them next year. Some contractual details still have to be ironed out, and Raikkonen is not always the easiest man to deal with – as Ferrari know – but the 2007 world champion is expected to team up with Alonso, the champion of 2005 and 2006, next season.

Alonso is angry about the situation. One prominent team principal said in Monza last week: "Have you seen Ferrnando? He is very unhappy at the prospect of Kimi joining the team."

Alonso is generally recognised as the best all-round driver, but he knows he would no longer have everything his own way with Raikkonen aboard. He is aware that Raikkonen will not meekly step aside for him, as Felipe Massa has done on several occasions during his eight years with the team.

Luca di Montezemolo, the Ferrari president, was keen to keep Massa and very reluctant to re-sign Raikkonen, whom he paid off in 2009. Raikkonen was consistently being outdriven by Massa at the time, but Massa has not won a race since 2008, the year in which Lewis Hamilton pipped him to the world championship.

He also made a mistake this summer – or, rather, his advisers did when they pushed Ferrari for an answer about next year. Massa drove well to fourth in Sunday's Italian Grand Prix but Ferrari had made up their minds by then.

Ferrari have been won over by Raikkonen's consistent performances since returning to Formula One with Lotus last year. He has won twice and consistently filled a podium place. His seat at Lotus is likely to be filled by Sauber's Nico Hülkenberg, yet another midfield team for the German, who used to drive for Force India and Williams. But he will surely land a drive with one of the top teams before long.

Massa confirmed on Twitter on Tuesday that his time with Ferrari is drawing to a close. "From 2014 i will no longer be driving for Ferrari," he wrote. "I would like to thank the team for all the victories and incredible moments experienced together … Right now I want to push as hard as possible with Ferrari for the remaining 7 races.

"For next year, I want to find a team that can give me a competitive car to win many more races and challenge for the Championship which remains my greatest objective!"

Meanwhile, the fight for the presidency of the FIA, the sport's ruling body, is getting dirty – and will get a lot dirtier still. David Ward, who announced last week that he would be standing against the current president, Jean Todt, is to file a complaint to the organisation's ethics committee concerning Todt's election campaign.

Ward, a former director-general of the FIA Foundation, has accused Todt of using FIA resources to secure votes, claiming he has "distorted the election process". It seems, from talking to representatives of both sides, that it will get a whole lot messier before the election on 6 December.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:11 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Weight has played a key part in the driver market this season - so why are heavy drivers in trouble when the new regulations come in next year and could potential crash diets create a real problem?

Driver weights on the Grand Prix grid vary by around 14kg, from diminutive Ferrari driver Felipe Massa, who weighs in at 64kg, to tall Force India driver Adrian Sutil, who tops out at 78kg.

Even 78kg is far from heavy, given the amount of muscular strength a driver must have in his neck muscles and arms to be able to perform at the absolute limit over a race distance of up to two hours, but there is good reason why drivers don’t bulk up too much.

The minimum weight of a car is a measure of car and driver, and as modern F1 cars are easier to handle than the manual gearbox, non power steering equipped monsters of yesteryear, the balance between pure physical strength or peak fitness for low weight has slid towards the latter.

The issue has come to a head now because of the introduction of the new hybrid car regulations next season.

F1 cars must currently weigh a minimum of 642kg for driver and car and most teams find that easy to stay below, so they make up the additional weight with ballast, which they can position anywhere on the car.

These ballast units are typically made from tungsten steel called Densamet, which is over 10-times the weight of aluminium, and the location of the ballast can deliver benefits to car performance.

Teams want as low a centre of gravity as possible, and they also often want more weight at the front of the car than the rear as even though the position of the centre of gravity is now somewhat limited by the rules, there is still room for movement.

Teams will therefore typically locate their ballast at the front - under the nose cone, in front wings or on the T-tray - or put it under the gearbox, which is one of the lowest points on the car.

Ballast can be also moved around to different parts of the car to help hone set-up for each individual circuit, so having as much ballast as possible is a benefit.

Next year, though, ballast could be a thing of the past.

The new powerplants will contain significantly more input from KERS-style units with two new systems - ERS-K (a bigger version of traditional KERS) and ERS-H (energy recovery from heat in the turbo).

The FIA allowed an extra 48kg for the additional powerplant weight but engine manufacturers have struggled to get down to this, mostly because of the battery weight require for electric storage.

Most teams do claim to be right on the limit, if not above it, and that means no space to accommodate heavier drivers without going above the minimum.

The designs are too far down the line to do anything about that now – to increase the limit would be unfair to some manufacturers and teams who have focused on weight-saving during their design development – so for now F1 is stuck with it.

Currently, that 14kg difference between lightweights and heavyweights does not have a major effect because the lighter drivers simply run more ballast – although the heavier taller drivers do lose out a little as their own centre of gravity is higher up in the car and they cannot use the ballast benefit as much.

Next year, however, with cars at the limit, any additional weight over the minimum will literally cost seconds in performance.

It has recently been stated that every kg of added weight counts for around 0.035 seconds per lap. It doesn’t sound much, but with a weight difference of 10kg that makes 0.35s – enough to drop several grid positions in a tight qualifying session and when added up enough to cost almost 25s – the time for a whole pit stop – over a 70-lap race.

That is why teams are worried about driver weights and why McLaren even admitted they chose not to sign Nico Hulkenberg because of his weight.

But more than that, it could even put the drivers in danger.

Last time F1 had this issue, when KERS came in for 2009, many drivers went on crash diets, with Nico Rosberg and Fernando Alonso both losing more than 5kg over the winter.

Drivers eat a mix of carbohydrates, proteins and good fats. They avoid pasta, white rice and potatoes, load up with vegetables and have fish and chicken with only the occasional helping of red meat.

Throughout a Grand Prix weekend teams carefully check drivers to ensure they are sticking to their weight limits (both in terms of upper and lower levels) but if things go wrong, those who have slimmed down too much can suffer badly.

Shorter drivers can stay healthier within the weight limits but for the taller drivers, restricting weight below the advised limits can leave them struggling to cope with intense performance.

That happened to Fernando Alonso in 2009, when he went an entire race with a broken drinks bottle, lost an extra 5kg through dehydration and collapsed at the end of the race, having burned through all his body’s reserves. If he’d blacked out in the cockpit during the race, things could have been much, much worse.

It’s extreme, but drivers will go to all limits to succeed.

Those teams who choose take a taller driver and work around the weight issues will surely be pushing for crash diets this winter - but they will have to be cautious about just how much they ask their drivers to lose...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

A lot of varying news reports but the latest are all running with a similar story.

Schumacher is in hospital with life threatening injuries. Arrived at the hospital in a coma and is awaiting a neurosurgeon to op.

Had an accident whilst skiing.

Best of luck Schumacher. Thoughts out to the family. A true legend of the sport.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:54 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Doesn't sound good at all. Sounds like a series of events way too similar to what happened to Liam Neesons .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next