AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: NFL
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:59 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

It's being reported that a deal with the referees is imminent and they should be working this weekend....doesn't seem fair to Cleveland and Baltimore who most likely will have to play one more game with the replacements tomorrow night

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:19 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

An 8 year deal has been agreed, and the refs will be back to work tonight!

MCFC - PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2011/12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:56 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Im shocked at the lackof Tampa love. A bunch of kids and rejects have won 4 in a row. Its probably the most promise a Tampa team have shown since they won the Superbowl. I can see them nicking 2nd place ahead of the Saints with an 8-8 record.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:33 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

I think Tampa got lost in the shuffle of Atlanta getting off to a great start and New Orleans off to a terrible start became the two talking points of that division. That said Doug Martin seems to be a legit talent and Josh Freeman is having a spectacular season, I like this Bucs team a lot but no one pays me to shout my opinions into a microphone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:23 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

How about them Broncos?

7-3 with 5 wins in a row, practically 4 games up in the division with KC x 2, Tampa, Oakland, Baltimore and Cleveland left to play.

Peyton has been great, but the defense coached by Jack Del Rio has been phenomenal. Von Miller is unblockbale.

I am very, very excited.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:26 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Monty wrote:
How about them Broncos?

7-3 with 5 wins in a row, practically 4 games up in the division with KC x 2, Tampa, Oakland, Baltimore and Cleveland left to play.

Peyton has been great, but the defense coached by Jack Del Rio has been phenomenal. Von Miller is unblockbale.

I am very, very excited.

I think they need a bit more in terms of receiving options. A scoring/ high yardage TE would be their best bet as I cant see any top WRs being available.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Toast and Bananas wrote:
Monty wrote:
How about them Broncos?

I am very, very excited.

I think they need a bit more in terms of receiving options. A scoring/ high yardage TE would be their best bet as I cant see any top WRs being available.

I don't.

Demaryius Thomas, 933 yards receiving with 5 TD's, Eric Decker, 621 yards with 8 TD's (only Rob Gronkowski and Aj Green have more receiving TD's)

Then you add in Brandon Stokley who has weighed in with 400yds and 5 TD's, Joel Dreessen who has 4 scores and Jacob Tamme who has been clutch on third down passing plays.

There aren't many receivers who can stretch the field like Thomas though, every play he makes seems to go for at least 15yards.

McGahee going down for at least a month will cost us, but rookie Ronnie Hillman can make plays.

Peyton has enough fire power.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:03 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Watching NFL on sky, this fella looks like he's taken more than a few hits. #concussionwhat

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:23 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

the nut's named eric wrote:
Watching NFL on sky, this fella looks like he's taken more than a few hits. #concussionwhat

Which fella would that be?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:28 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

The James wrote:

Which fella would that be?

Think it was Cecil Martin. Whoever it was his left side of his face was 'dead'.

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:13 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

According to his Wiki page it's Bells Palsy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:47 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Obviously makes me feel evil now. :(

Devil_Spawn wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Obviously makes me feel evil now. :(

If it makes you feel any better I had a fraternity brother in college that had it and we nicknamed him "face" and made fun of him constantly for it, so I'm way worse off than you :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:41 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

A win against the Buccs on Sunday at Mile High, and the Broncos qualify for the playoffs! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:27 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Monty wrote:
A win against the Buccs on Sunday at Mile High, and the Broncos qualify for the playoffs! :D

I have you guys down to beat us, and I'm hoping that we can then beat the Eagles in the next game. If we go 1-1 in our next two games I reckon we will be playing for a guaranteed second place vs the Saints as they have two losable games coming up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:30 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

What a tragic story, thoughts with the families:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend Saturday, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and committed suicide in front of his coach and general manager.

Authorities did not release a possible motive for the murder-suicide, though police said that Belcher and his girlfriend, 22-year-old Kasandra M. Perkins, had been arguing recently. The two of them have an infant child.

Belcher thanked general manager Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel before shooting himself in the parking lot of the team's practice facility, police spokesman Darin Snapp said. Police had locked it down by midmorning and reporters were confined to the street just outside the gates.

The Chiefs said they will play the Carolina Panthers on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium as scheduled after discussing it with the league, Crennel and the club's captains.

The Panthers had been advised by the league earlier Saturday morning to travel to Kansas City as planned.

A spokesman for Kansas City told The Associated Press that Crennel plans to coach the team.

Belcher was a 25-year-old native of West Babylon, N.Y., on Long Island, who played college ball at Maine. He signed with the Chiefs an undrafted free agent, made the team and stayed with it for four years, moving into the starting lineup. He'd played in all 11 games this season.

"The entire Chiefs family is deeply saddened by today's events, and our collective hearts are heavy with sympathy, thoughts and prayers for the families and friends affected by this unthinkable tragedy," Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said in a statement.

"We sincerely appreciate the expressions of sympathy and support we have received from so many in the Kansas City and NFL communities, and ask for continued prayers for the loved ones of those impacted," Hunt said. "We will continue to fully cooperate with the authorities and work to ensure that the appropriate counseling resources are available to all members of the organization."

Authorities reported receiving a call Saturday morning from a woman who said her daughter had been shot multiple times at a residence about five miles away from the Arrowhead complex. The call actually came from Belcher's mother, who referred to the victim as her daughter, leading to some initial confusion, police said.

Police then received a phone call from the Chiefs' training facility.

"The description matched the suspect description from that other address. We kind of knew what we were dealing with," Snapp said. The player was "holding a gun to his head" as he stood in front of the front doors of the practice facility.

"And there were Pioli and Crennel and another coach or employee was standing outside and appeared to be talking to him. It appeared they were talking to the suspect," Snapp said. "The suspect began to walk in the opposite direction of the coaches and the officers and that's when they heard the gunshot. It appears he took his own life."

The coaches told police they never felt in any danger, Snapp said.

Linebackers coach Gary Gibbs was also outside when the shooting occurred, a team official told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

"They said the player was actually thanking them for everything they'd done for him," he said. "They were just talking to him and he was thanking them and everything. That's when he walked away and shot himself."

Snapp said Belcher's mother told police the couple had recently been arguing.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Chiefs and the families and friends of those who lost their lives in this terrible tragedy," the NFL said in a news release. "We have connected the Chiefs with our national team of professional counselors to support both the team and the families of those affected. We will continue to provide assistance in any way that we can."

Belcher is the latest among several players and NFL retirees to die from self-inflicted gunshot wounds in the past couple of years. The death of the beloved star Junior Seau, who shot himself in the chest in at his California home in May, sent shockwaves around the league.

Kansas City Mayor Sly James said that he spoke to Pioli after the incident, and while he refused to discuss the GM's emotional state, the mayor said Pioli was "extremely concerned that fans of this team are not disappointed and not left in the cold."

"I think they think there's an obligation to the people of this city, the fans of the team and the fans of the other team to play the game," James said.

The Chiefs, who were expected to contend for the AFC West title, are 1-10 and mired in an eight-game losing streak.

"The Oakland Raiders are empathizing with the Chiefs organization," the Chiefs' AFC West rivals said in a statement. "Our hearts are wounded by such an unimaginable tragedy in our NFL family."

Belcher, had started 44 of 59 games in his four seasons for the Chiefs, recording a career-high 61 tackles in 2011.

Raibonne Charles, a former Maine defensive lineman and teammate, said Belcher played the game with passion and was "a passionate person in life."

Charles said he hadn't talked to Belcher much since he made it to the NFL, but that everyone is obviously shocked.

"To be honest with you, I kind of just crumbled inside when I first heard the news," Charles said.

Maine coach Jack Cosgrove said Jovan was a "tremendous student-athlete."

"His move to the NFL was in keeping with his dreams," Cosgrove said in a statement. "This is an indescribably horrible tragedy. At this difficult time, our thoughts and prayers are with Jovan, Kasandra and their families."

Charles described Belcher as an undersized linebacker whose 40-yard dash time wasn't exceptional. But he was an inspiration for a lot of guys at the school because he made it to the NFL despite his shortcomings, Charles said.

"The state of Maine tends to take a lot of pride in guys who may not necessarily be from the state but play for the University of Maine and make the NFL," Charles said. "I was often asked about him. 'Did you get to play with that guy Jovan?' This is definitely going to be devastating to the whole state."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:19 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Broncos #1 in the power rankings!

6-5 with 5 games to play and Tampa finish bottom :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:12 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Saturday still stings.

Complete bone head play by safety Rahim Moore, complete bone head decision to run on 3rd and 7, complete bone head decision to kneel with two timeouts.

Still proud of a great season, but it hurts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:05 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

I can't believe the Moore play...you're the safety don't let anyone get behind you...that's first day sh!t.

However Peyton, except for that one year, ALWAYS loses big games.

It was a weird football weekend though it's not often all playoff games hit the over

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:06 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Manning's in the Superbowl :fonz: I think he's got a great chance to get his second win.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next