AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for friendly, fun chat. Be nice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
 Post subject: Re: wwf/wwe...your memories..
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:40 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think it was always a hard living business weeks and months on the road touring the country they always had a reputation for partying hard with drinks and drugs but as the events got bigger, stunts got more outrageous and the bumps got harder that's where the different type of drug abuse came in some got hooked on pain pills others used more recreational drugs to numb the pain.

I think the thing that changed it for me is when you change the humour to make kids laugh rather than teenagers/adults you do sort of tune out of it as the characters totally change.

The worst thing they used to get away with was the violence towards women on TV when you look back now it's unbelievable.

The way they dealt with it though was brilliant the Right To Censor thing they did which killed some of the characters like the Godfather was excellant writing

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:40 pm 
Major General
Major General

AS for women violence aside i loved it when stephanie boobies popped out and Divas were all spicing up the show ..Stacy Keibler was yummy .. The reason we dont find aura personality about new wrestlers is bcz most of us has grown up watching Attitude Era and after decades of austin HHH Rock Taker Kane Shawn micheals Beniot Kurt Angle Eddie Guerrero Y2J (plus characters who dont cross my mind ATM) and some of fringes like Dudleys Hardys Edge and Christian, who went on to become future stars, it is hard to digest likes of Bryan Ambrose Seth Rollin Roman Reign ..hell even digesting Cena to top of WWE was hard and there were lot of boos when he won titles initially ..Randy orton to me was best thing to happen alongwith lesnar after first few years of millennium ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:56 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Apparently, one of the main differences is, during the Attitude Era, wrestlers were given bullet points but generally let do what they want in terms of interviews. Now, everything is scripted word for word, which is why Reigns gets over as a silent badass in the Shield, and then is quoting bloody Looney Tunes during his singles push, or why Ambrose was a mentaller who everyone loved, to some "wacky, zany, crazy guy" hauling around hot dog carts and having an interview opposite a mannequin dressed as Seth Rollins.

As for violence to women, it's obviously better to NOT have them getting put through tables by Bubba Ray Dudley, but we now have a situation where the men can't touch the women, but since she is a McMahon, Stephanie has to get over on every person on the roster, only now she can't get her comeuppance, so it's pointless.

Like when she marched out and told Brock Lesnar to get the hell out of her ring after he attacked refs, commentators, camera men etc, and he just...does, just walks away no more fuss.

There is also the fact that it used to be that they made money thanks to Hogan, Savage, Rock, Austin etc. Now, its the company itself that's the star, so everyone else looks less special.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:28 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
It's the classic sporting story: make 269 Bundesliga appearances, get banished from first-team football with three years left on your contract, hit the gym in your spare time and become a WWE wrestler.

Yes, former Germany goalkeeper Tim Wiese will make his full World Wrestling Entertainment debut on Thursday night in Munich.

The 34-year-old has been on a strict diet and training regime, packing on 40kg (88lb) of muscle.

"I was a big WWE fan when I was a boy," he told AFP. "I kept track of it during my football career but never thought of myself as a wrestler."

Wiese won six caps for Germany between 2008 and 2012, and was part of the squad for the 2010 World Cup.

He joined Hoffenheim from Werder Bremen in May 2012 but, after being fined by Hoffenheim in 2013 for being thrown out of a party, he was exiled from the first team.

It at least gave him plenty of time to lift weights.

"I didn't take it seriously as first, then things became more concrete," he said.

"It's been a long time since I worked as hard as I did in the last few weeks."

Having seen out his contract, which ended this year, Wiese increased his training regime and is now eating more than 1kg of meat every day.

"This is Champions League. WWE is the biggest thing in wrestling, so I'm fully focused and blending out everything else around me," he said.

"I think I'll be playing the role of the bad guy - I'm being pushed in that direction, but that's OK.

"In football, I was already the bad guy who opposition fans would insult. It doesn't bother me. They can all hate me."

At 1.93m (6ft 4in) and weighing about 130kg (20st 6lb), Wiese says he is not afraid of injuries in the ring.

"I don't care. I will hurt them, they won't hurt me. Anyone can have a go: I'm going to be unbeatable."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:19 pm 
Major General
Major General

So is he on weekly roster or on those non televised events like WWE Heat ?

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:42 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I don't really follow it any more but I think he's been involved in that NXT thing which is where they sort of train up the younger guys who are coming through.

I'm guessing they're using him in Munich to help sell out the event and get some non wrestling publicity but I get the impression he's still a long way to go before he gets on the main shows.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:23 pm 
Major General
Major General

yeah sound about right ..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:44 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Read a thing this morning he was in a 6 man tag match with Seamus and one of the other regular guys and he won his match.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30