AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: FIFA 10
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:07 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

A demo of FIFA 10 will available to download this week.

Released on September 10 for 360, PS3 and PC in Europe, it will also be arriving in North America on September 17, according to Kotaku.

Teams playable in the trial exhibition match include Chelsea, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Marseille and Chicago Fire.

FIFA 10 will be available on 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PC and PSP from October 2.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: FIFA 10
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:45 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It's been up since this morning, and tbh I'm really disappointed, its the exact same as Fifa 09, virtually no improvements or changes in gameplay.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:55 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
How are the controls? I'm still playing Fifa08 (Euro one).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:01 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

conscience wrote:
How are the controls? I'm still playing Fifa08 (Euro one).

Oh way, way better than those, they are the same as Fifa 09, but you can run in any direction not just the 8 conventional ones.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:02 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Is it up on the PS3 networky thing? Or have you got it on the 360?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:04 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

borocooper wrote:
Is it up on the PS3 networky thing? Or have you got it on the 360?

I have it on th 360 but it should be up on the PSN later with the rest of the store update iirc.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:07 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Okie dokie. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PC demo is out

http://static.cdn.ea.com/fifa/u/f/fifa10_pc_demo_ec.exe

2.1gig..

Quite a lot for a demo of a fifa game. Especially when it wont have the PS3/360 type graphics.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:07 pm 
General
General

Monkeylove wrote:
they are the same as Fifa 09

Cheers. But it's why I didn't play 09 unfortunately. Unless my version was just broke, I couldn't get it to work properly with just the keyboard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:09 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Even after my detailed post on how to do so :p

Will have to try this new demo in the next couple of days and see what the controls are like this time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:17 pm 
General
General

borocooper wrote:
Even after my detailed post on how to do so :p

Will have to try this new demo in the next couple of days and see what the controls are like this time.

Yes, even after that lol. Think I had a dodgy version. Am grabbing the demo anyway :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:thumbup:

I'd be surprised if there's a massive difference from last years. From what ive read EA Sports dont rate PC gaming as in important enough platform or some bull like that. I read something like their top guy said most people who get Fifa on the PC wouldnt have a PC good enough to run it if it was made the same as the PS3/360 version. Which seems ridiculous when there's games likie Crysis on the PC..I mean, you'd think if I(and many many others) can run the likes of Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2..Fifa 10 wouldnt be too hard.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Had a go on the PC version. Pretty damn awful in comparison to the PS3 version.

There's a massive amount of stuttering going on too..dont know what thats all about but ive read others having the same problem. It really seems to be Fifa 09+"360 dribbling"-a few features from fifa 09 and possibly worse graphics.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:09 pm 
General
General

borocooper wrote:
:thumbup:

I'd be surprised if there's a massive difference from last years. From what ive read EA Sports dont rate PC gaming as in important enough platform or some bull like that. I read something like their top guy said most people who get Fifa on the PC wouldnt have a PC good enough to run it if it was made the same as the PS3/360 version. Which seems ridiculous when there's games likie Crysis on the PC..I mean, you'd think if I(and many many others) can run the likes of Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2..Fifa 10 wouldnt be too hard.

I think I know what he's getting at. If they do a console version, everyone who owns it can run it as intended, whereas PC hardware varies quite a lot. That said, I saw an article from JPR Research.

Quote:
JPR calculates that there are three classes of PC gaming machines and together, from Q3 2005 until Q3 2008, 196 million of these units were shipped. The study also estimated by comparison that 74.7m PS3s, Wiis and 360s have been shipped worldwide.

The research, however, does not include sales of Nintendo DS units nor PSPs, which together have sold around 125m units worldwide. Nevertheless, due in part to the mushrooming Asian market, the study believes that “the PC gaming market is bigger, worth more money, growing faster, and has better technology than the console market.”

So not only is it bigger and more lucrative, they also agree your average modern gaming PC thrashes the pants of the consoles technology wise.

I've not seen the games sales numbers for FIFA across PC/console yet though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:16 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I dont get how they can release the games like Far Cry 2 and what not though..and have them be pretty much identical(if not better when you up the settings to their highest) but when it comes to Fifa, they release a game that is about PS2 standard..its not even just the graphics. The gameplay isnt as good as the PS3 version..its mental really.

Couldnt they just have the option to turn the settings down for people with dodgy PCs?

The PES people say their PC version wil be the same as their PS3/360 versions.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:26 pm 
General
General

borocooper wrote:
Couldnt they just have the option to turn the settings down for people with dodgy PCs?

The PES people say their PC version wil be the same as their PS3/360 versions.

Of course they could, but maybe it'd take a few more quid to write it that way? I do think it's penny pinching, they probably worked out it would cost £10m (or whatever) to write the PS3 version, another £10m for the 360 version... and rather than then chuck another £10m at a specific-PC version they are spending a fraction of that on porting over some console code - minus the specific console graphical trickery of course - and so then they can chuck out a PC compatible version for much less cash. And let's not forget, EA are interested in the bottom line - and FIFA is one of those titles that most people buy every year regardless of the review score. Looks to me like EA are just taking advantage of that situation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:31 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Certainly seems that way this time, it really does just seem to be fifa 09 with a few addons and few things removed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:36 pm 
General
General

borocooper wrote:
Certainly seems that way this time, it really does just seem to be fifa 09 with a few addons and few things removed.

No shock there then either. It's how the FIFA games have been since the very beginning really. Oooh look a new loading screen and we've updated the transfers. That'll be £29.99 please. :lol: They're well known for it. They do make small improvements every time, but I'd never buy consecutive versions normally, unless there's something I happen to really like about that version in particular. Otherwise I just prefer my improvements is bigger, less expensive chunks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I cant understand how they've released a demo that doesnt really even work properly either. The stuttering is just ridiculous. Its like im trying to play the game on a PC from about 15 years ago.

I definitely wont be buying this one anyway, i'll just stick to playing the one my brother buys for his PS3.

Hopefully PES will be better for the PC.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:14 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

I think the demo's brilliant. Much smoother than Fifa09 and just altered little things that needed improving which was all that was needed. Long passing is much better (they curve it a bit and the ball travels faster and more accurately rather than going straight and high). Finishing goes where you put it rather than in what seemed like set places.

It's so much better than Pro Evo it's almost embarrassing. I played the latest Pro Evo at a friends house the other day and couldn't believe how awful it was. The passing is terrible, you can't jockey while defending so you're just constantly running in any one direction, shooting's a joke, player's positioning is all over the place and the fact you can easily just run straight past people rather than having to pass it is just ridiculous. Also the players run like they've got giant smarties tubes on their legs. Completely unrealistic and feels like an arcade game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next