AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: GTA V
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:08 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
The Grand Theft Auto V Trailer will be available from 4 o'clock today on Rockstars website.

They even have a countdown! -
Click The Link...http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19341/grand-theft-auto-v-trailer-110211.html

Very excited to see where and what the new GTA is going to be all about and hopefully find out a release date? I will be very dissapointed if this is anything less than amazing!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: GTA V - Trailer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:10 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Been waiting to see the setting, whether they do another contemporary game but in a new City, or go to another time period a la San Andreas or Vice City (which was possibly my favourite of the series in terms of setting).

I'm just hoping this time around the PC feels a bit more fluid and life-like. Tried playing GTA4 again a while back and the way Nico runs, moves, jumps, etc felt so stiff and unenjoyable.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:12 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Can't really judge it from 90 seconds of trailer, but at least the map should be pretty decent.

It's back to San Andreas I think.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:28 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Definitely Los Santos at least but I'm pretty sure the number plates on the cars say San Andreas and the mountains in the trailer would suggest the left island of San Andreas too.

It looks VERY good to me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:39 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm sure we can rely on Rockstar to do a good job (again). Was hoping for a new period setting but at the same time I always wanted a San Andreas game set in present day.

In terms of periods I would like to see:
Liberty City - 70's
San Andreas - Modern Day (looks like we are getting it)
San Andreas - 1930's
Vice City - late 50's - early 60's

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Highscores: 4
Hooray for VINEWOOD !!! :D

Looks tasty , cannot wait to get my teeth into Los Santos !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:05 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Will this be the first time the main character has a family? I mean they've all had brothers or cousins, but never a wife and kids

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:43 pm 
Major General
Major General

Los Santos and the surrounding areas apparently, the game wont cover all of San Andreas. This is probably a good thing as it means having 1 great city with outlying areas, rather than trying to create 3 cities and the space between.

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:09 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
I just wanted loads of countryside, mountains, dirt tracks..

The GTA San Andreas has a perfect map, I bought it last week on the XBox marketplace for old time's sake. :cool:

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:18 pm 
Major General
Major General

At times the trek between places in San Andreas were too long and boring though. Yes having some of the off-road, mountain side stuff is great, but it was possibly overdone in San An. GTA 4 would have benefited from a little of that kinda stuff, so hopefully they'll hit a good balance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:16 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Some countryside would be nice. If they concentrated on Los Santos it should have plenty of varied areas, as Los Angeles is essentially a bunch of small towns that merged to make one super-sized city. I think it will actually be quite complicated and hard to remember the way to places compared to previous games.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:25 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I'm a little disappointed that we won't get the other two cities from san andreas but this city should be a lot bigger and hopefully a lot more detailed. With things like that wind farm and those mountains there should also be plenty of wide open spaces. Otherwise why would they need all those planes?! Can't wait for this game!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:22 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Devil_Spawn wrote:
At times the trek between places in San Andreas were too long and boring though. Yes having some of the off-road, mountain side stuff is great, but it was possibly overdone in San An. GTA 4 would have benefited from a little of that kinda stuff, so hopefully they'll hit a good balance.

Agreed, but you could always steal an aeroplane and 'chute out when you got there, that was the best way between areas.

I'm not so worried about the map, just hope it's better designed than 4 so you can't get stuck in the scenery. I hope the camera works better than GTA4 too, it made every corner a blind corner so you went around the corner hit something and then the camera caught up and showed you what. :doh:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:10 am 
Major General
Major General

conscience wrote:
Devil_Spawn wrote:

Agreed, but you could always steal an aeroplane and 'chute out when you got there, that was the best way between areas.

I'm not so worried about the map, just hope it's better designed than 4 so you can't get stuck in the scenery. I hope the camera works better than GTA4 too, it made every corner a blind corner so you went around the corner hit something and then the camera caught up and showed you what. :doh:

Of course stealing a plane and then jumping out was an option... not exactly low key though :lol:

The camera in 4 was a bit sluggish. I never got stuck in the scenery though.

Guessing you had the PC version? Did you ever try the mod with the fancy graphics? Looked incredible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Im pretty sure the PC port was just horrendous...I never even bothered downloading it after all the horror stories I read.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:36 pm 
General
General

Devil_Spawn wrote:

Guessing you had the PC version? Did you ever try the mod with the fancy graphics? Looked incredible.

Yeah on my first game and with in about a minute, so I never even installed the PC version and I never tried the mod.

I also didn't bother because I found out it was a sh1tty console port, which are so far behind PCs particularly at this stage in the console life cycles that it wasn't even funny as a joke. Might as well not bother with those lazy ports. :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:57 am 
Major General
Major General

conscience wrote:
Devil_Spawn wrote:

Yeah on my first game and with in about a minute, so I never even installed the PC version and I never tried the mod.

I also didn't bother because I found out it was a sh1tty console port, which are so far behind PCs particularly at this stage in the console life cycles that it wasn't even funny as a joke. Might as well not bother with those lazy ports. :thumbdown:

Doh! Like I say I never had that problem, but sandbox style games are particularly prone to bugs and stuff. I remember in Fallout 3 seeing a Deathclaw fall through the ground, then fall from the sky, back through the ground... it went on and on forever, just falling through the ground then restarting at the top. Thanks to VATS I managed to kill it, but the corpse just carried on.

I saw the story / images about the texture mod for the PC version a few weeks ago, and it looked incredible. The gameplay would still be a bit iffy though.

Don't most multi-platform games get the bulk of development done on one console, then get ported to PC and other consoles?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:22 am 
General
General

Devil_Spawn wrote:
Don't most multi-platform games get the bulk of development done on one console, then get ported to PC and other consoles?

I've not seen any stats, but it seems increasingly popular as a way to keep costs down... only the compilers used to port the code are sooo inefficient compared to code targeted written for a specific platform... not to mention none of the special features of the specific platform get used, eg the graphics capabilities are compromised in a lowest common denominator trade off.

And you can spot the ports a mile off. :thumbdown: All the best games will have a team working on each platform.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:19 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I saw a load of pre-order now material at Tesco last night. Not even Halo 4, a big budget game that's actually available to buy, had anywhere near as much shelf space.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:24 pm 
Major General
Major General

The hype is building alright, Spring 2013 I think release is confirmed for, so that'll be late April / May I would think (assuming no delays).

No PC version confirmed yet either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next