AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pep Talk
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Resurrection Joe wrote:
idontfeardeath wrote:
So that we can play 70000 passes and lose 1-0 to Chelsea? :lol:

football's funny.... 9 months ago, this was the best team we'd ever seen, unbeatable, untouchable..... now the greatest player there's ever been, misses a penalty, they hit the post 3 times.... & he's a bottle job, with a broken steering wheel, Barca are a fading force & he's ineffective

:shrug:

I've always said I don't enjoy watching Barca play. They suffocate games and bore the life out of them imo. Undoubtedly a quality side though.

But with age my hopes have faded

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I get the they're so good it's boring thing with Barca as they're so good at keeping the ball they every game basically ends up with one team defending for their lives while Barca slowly probe at them.

The other semi was a much better game because both teams were trading blows it had that end to end style which football which is much better for a neutral you do sort of have to appreciate just how good Barca are at what they do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:05 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
First sign of competition at the top and he's off.

Motwyw.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:03 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
Reedo wrote:
First sign of competition at the top and he's off.

Motwyw.

understood & noted.... but to be fair, he took over a 2nd placed team and delivered (arguably) the greatest club side there's ever been.... admittedly, he's decided that coming back against Madrid isn't for him..... personally, i'd have preferred him to have 'gutsed' it out & gotten back on top.... but the next best thing is to get out ahead & leave before it damages the club (see Dalglish)

....it was an incredible 4 years (arguably he was the driving force behind the best 4 years any club ever had)

....can he build a dynasty? i don't know

....could he do it anywhere else? i don't know

....has he achieved something incredible? almost certainly

....is he an exceptional/historic manager? yes

did i like Barcelona? no

do i respect his achievements & how he conducted himself? unquestionably

(imo) if he'd have 'come back' he may have been almost perfect, but, realistically, if he'd been perfect, what's the point???

good man

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:48 pm 
Major General
Major General

He will take year off and maybe replaces fergie at OT ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:19 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has revealed he would like to work in England one day.

Guardiola, who is preparing to face Chelsea in Friday's UEFA Super Cup clash, took over as Bayern coach in the summer following the departure of Jupp Heynckes.

The Spaniard was linked with moves to the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea prior to his move to Bayern and the former Barcelona boss admits he does plan to go to England in the future.

"I am a young trainer at 42, and just four years as a trainer in a professional world," said Guardiola.

"Before I finish my career, I would like to go to England as a trainer, but in a few years.

"I would like, first of all, to remain as long as possible at this club because it's so important for the people in Munich, in Germany and all the way round the world.

"I work a lot and try to do my best. After that, I'd like to live this experience. But Chelsea have a good trainer now.

"It (the Premier League) appeals to me for the experience, to live that. Just to live. I can't explain to you why because I've not been there. But once I have, I can explain why. But it's fantasy, football fantasy right now."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:33 pm 
Major General
Major General

City will be his likeliest destination.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola has insisted it is still an honour to face Manchester United in the Champions League despite the English club's troubled season.

Ahead of their quarter-final first leg at Old Trafford on Tuesday, the former Barcelona head coach revealed he had dinner with Sir Alex Ferguson as the previous United boss searched for his successor.

However, Ferguson chose David Moyes, who has found himself under increasing pressure this season with United almost certain to miss out on next year's Champions League - the first time they will have done so in over 20 years.

But Guardiola said: "To try to achieve the next round against a team like Manchester United is a real honour.

"The Champions League is not the most important title - the domestic league is - but it is the most prestigious.

"Now we are eight teams in the quarter-finals and every trainer and every player wants to win it - but it is not easy.

"We are going to try, you can be sure of that, but Bayern Munich have only won it twice since 1976, when Franz Beckenbauer led his team."

Guardiola has spoken previously of his admiration for and friendship with Ferguson, who retired from football management after 27 years, two Champions Leagues, 13 Premier League titles and five FA Cups with United.

The Spaniard added: "Sir Alex invited me to a superb restaurant and we had a very good time.

"It was friendly and, like always with me and since I started as a coach, he was so gentle and we spent a very good time together."

Guardiola then joked: "My English is not too good and sometimes he was probably speaking too quickly for me to understand - maybe that's why I didn't understand if I received an offer or not."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
I so wanted Pep as our coach :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:39 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
I'm delighted he isn't. I cant stand him. Every time the camera panned to him it made me angry for no reason.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:34 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Pep Guardiola says he has no plans to leave Bayern Munich following speculation he could replace Manuel Pellegrini at Manchester City.

Pellegrini's position has come under scrutiny after a run of results that has left his side five points behind Premier League leaders Chelsea, as well as a Champions League last-16 first-leg defeat to Barcelona in which his tactics were called into question.

Despite winning two trophies in his first season at the Etihad reports have suggested the Chilean faces a fight to hold onto his job with Guardiola, Real Madrid's Carlo Ancelotti and Atletico Madrid's Diego Simeone all linked as potential replacements.

But Guardiola, whose current deal with the Bundesliga champions runs until 2016, has distanced himself from talk of a move to the Premier League.

Speaking ahead of his side's German Cup game against Eintracht Braunschweig, the former Barcelona boss told a press conference: "Of course I'll stay here. I haven't had a contract offer and I am not waiting for a contract offer from anyone else.

"I'm happy here at Bayern - this is an outstanding club.

"I want to fulfil my contract and do my job well, that is all I am thinking about at the moment.

"I still have a year and a half left on my contract. We will sit together in the summer and then we'll see how things go

"I can stay in this club five or six years even. This also depends on the players. I'm not the most important thing for the club."

Guardiola won four titles last season in his first year in charge and is on course to steer Bayern to a third straight Bundesliga crown in May.

I think Pep will probably walk away after 3 years his methods are so intense that I think it takes it's toll on both him and his players so he'll probably look at 2-3 year projects then take a year break to recharge like he did after Bayern.

What's interesting is that assuming he does his full 3 seasons at Bayern then takes a year off which takes him to 2017 that is when both LVG & Wenger's current contracts expire as I think his next move will be to England or possibly PSG. Ancelotti would probably then end up at Bayern to almost complete the set of top European Clubs Top Trumps.

I think PSG will go for Simeone in the summer as they'll ditch Blanc unless he wins the Champions League which is unlikely but not impossible given the team they have. Will be interesting to see how Simeone handles big names as he demands incredibly high standards and workrate from his players at all times he's a bit like Roy Keane and his merry team of b*stards at Atletico Madrid are great to watch but they will do anything to win which is how he played the game. I always feel he played the game with an "if you're not cheating you're not trying" mentality.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:12 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola has been charged by Uefa after wearing a T-shirt demanding justice for a reporter who died at the 2014 World Cup.

He displayed the "#JusticiaParaTopo" slogan at a news conference on the eve of Tuesday's Champions League quarter-final win over Porto.

European football's governing body has charged the Spaniard over an "incident of a non-sporting nature".

The Justice For Topo campaign wants an investigation into Topo Lopez 's death.

Argentine journalist Jorge Lopez, known as 'Topo', was killed in Guarulhos, Sao Paulo in July in a road traffic accident during the World Cup in Brazil.

It is against Uefa regulations to display non-sporting "manifestations".

Meanwhile, Porto boss Julen Lopetegui has also been charged for his conduct during Tuesday's game.

The Spaniard was dismissed from the touchline in the 6-1 loss to Bayern, which resulted in a 7-4 aggregate defeat for the Portuguese side.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:49 am 
Major General
Major General

This is rubbish ..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:27 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola walked out of a news conference on Friday after being asked about reports linking him with the England job.

Guardiola is out of contract with the Bundesliga champions next June, but has refused to discuss his future publicly.

Reports on Friday suggested the Football Association wants the former Barcelona boss to succeed Roy Hodgson.

Pressed to comment, Guardiola said: "Oh come on, I'm coach of Bayern Munich. Many thanks and auf wiedersehen."

He then left the briefing, organised to preview Bayern's trip to Mainz on Saturday.

Hodgson's contract with England expires after Euro 2016, and his future will not be discussed until the tournament is over, FA chief executive Martin Glenn has indicated.

Guardiola made clear at his news conference he did not want to discuss the issue, having earlier answered a more general question about his future plans with a polite "next question please".

The 44-year-old has led Bayern to two Bundesliga titles in his two years at the club, yet he questioned at the start of this season whether he was the right man for the job.

He said he would step down if he ever got the feeling somebody else would be a better choice for the club, leading to speculation that he will leave next summer.

Bayern have said that negotiations over a new contract would be held as and when Guardiola is ready.

I think he'll walk away in the summer and maybe do another year out to assess his options he won't rush in to anything.

He'd be an awful England manager he wouldn't have the time required to get the team to play his way he needs time with players to get his ideas across I think for now he's much better suited to international management.

I think he'll be very annoyed if Bayern don't win a CL under him he'll probably walk away with 3 league titles but Europe so far he's fallen just short of the target

Post subject: Pep Talk
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

With Josep (Pep) Guardiola heverly rumoured to be on the move at the end of the season with the Premer leauge rumoured to be his preferd destanation just where is he going to go?

ARG your thoughts

Last edited by conslittlebro on Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:59 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Couldn't merge the poll.

I think he'll take a year out and assess his options but if he wants to carry on working I think it'll be City.

There are rumours he really likes the idea of managing Utd but he won't wait for them.

Personally I think they're fools if Utd don't at least sound him out about the idea of taking over from LVG either this summer or next if he wants to have a break and recharge.

I think Utd are reluctant to sack another manager early unless LVG fails to make top 4 I think he's pretty safe and gets a final year unless there is full on mutiny in the stands fans are sick of the football and it's getting very close to that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:08 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I think he'll go to Chelsea
Jose to Paris or Madrid

United to stick with LVG :-(

Blanc to united could be interesting though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:31 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
I'd be more than shocked if he went to Chelsea. That move doesn't make sense to me at all. Chelsea is probably the most anti-Pep club I could think of.

A lot about United ticks all the right boxes for Pep I think. I think we could persuade him easily.

A years break then take over from LVG when his contract expires. Perfect timing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Serbinator wrote:
I'd be more than shocked if he went to Chelsea. That move doesn't make sense to me at all. Chelsea is probably the most anti-Pep club I could think of.

A lot about United ticks all the right boxes for Pep I think. I think we could persuade him easily.

A years break then take over from LVG when his contract expires. Perfect timing.

If says he's taking another year out, that is a possibility. Also, after I posted this, I read Chelsea's top target is Simeone.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:47 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Serbinator wrote:

Chelsea along with Bayern were the front runners last time he was available they tried really hard for him and I think he was close but at the time I think he saw more potential at Bayern. I can certainly see him considering it

I think the appeal of Utd is the control we appoint a manager and let him get on with it but that does create a problem for Pep as he's never had that total control before he's always had sporting directors above him.

Not sure how Giggs would feel about having his 3 year probation extended to 6 years assuming Pep would even want to keep him around.

Judging by his ability to sign top players I don't fancy Woodward to pull this one off unless he gets Fergie to do the charm offensive for him. Maybe he'll bring Thiago with him this time can dig out that old Thiago thread someone started on the Utd board.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next