AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Joey Barton Finks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:02 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
But it's the MBE and GBH that makes it

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Ah..true. I missed it.

Still don't think it makes sense to randomly bring Shearer into it though!

It's like...me saying Messi is better than Ronaldo. You saying Ronaldo is better than Messi..then we start debating it. Then someone else running in and going YEAH WELL MARADONA IS BETTER THAN ALL OF EM!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:10 am 
Major General
Major General

It may not be relevant or entirely sensible... but it's funny :D

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Barton publically slated Shearer for his management decisions that took Newcastle down not sure if Hamann was part of the coaching team at that point.

Sounds to me like there are a few rumours about Didi within football that Joey has heard.

Hamann was much more restrained but Barton went personal and Didi didn't deny he was skint which might explain why he's now doing stuff for 5Live.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Did Barton and Didi not play together for a year at Newcastle?

Hamann didn't deny any of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think they were together at City not sure about Newcastle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:18 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Hamann got done for drink driving a few years back didnt he?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Joey Barton has been summoned by the French Football Federation's ethics committee after the Marseille midfielder called Paris Saint-Germain's Brazilian defender Thiago Silva an "overweight ladyboy" on Twitter.

"Joey Barton has been summoned by the ethics committee and will be heard on 15 April," the committee's president, Laurent Davenas, told Reuters by telephone on Thursday.

Barton, who has more than two million followers on the social networking site, has been involved in a spat with Thiago Silva this week following disparaging comments he made about some of the PSG player's international team-mates.

PSG threatened action against Barton on Wednesday after the Marseille midfielder likened Thiago Silva to a transsexual and called him an "overweight ladyboy" on his Twitter feed, comments that also drew condemnation from gay activists. Thiago Silva has not responded on Twitter.

Barton's tweet caused a stir in French media, making the front page of the sports daily L'Equipe, which asked: "That is British humour?" Marseille have apologised on behalf of Barton.

"Olympique Marseille and Joey Barton wish to apologise to Thiago Silva and his club for the inappropriate comments the English player made on social media in the past 36 hours," the club said in a statement on their website. "Olympique Marseille officials have asked Joey Barton to end the row between him and the Paris Brazilian defender. The OM midfielder has promised to end right now the publication of any invidious comment against Thiago Silva."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:30 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Joey Barton claims there is already a deal in place to make his loan from QPR to Marseille permanent in the summer.

The 30-year-old midfielder moved to France in August after being given a 12-match ban for a red card in QPR's 3-2 defeat by Manchester City on the final day of last season.

"It's not up to QPR if I stay. [There is an] agreement already in place for me to stay here," Barton tweeted.

"I'm loving life in France. Loving Marseille. They love me."

With QPR seven points adrift of Premier League safety, Barton added: "I can't see QPR wanting me on the wage bill in the Championship.

"All I want to do is give everything for this football club [Marseille]. They backed me when nobody else did. For that I will be eternally grateful. This club is now in my blood, its impossible to get it out."

Barton says his QPR career was over before he was sent off at the Etihad Stadium for an off-the-ball incident with Carlos Tevez.

He was also punished after being found guilty of violent conduct towards Vincent Kompany.

Barton said: "QPR was over for me way before the Man City incident. I really hope they stay up. I have all season. Stay up/go down. Harry stays/goes. I don't want to be part of it. Marseille is my home now.

"It was a move for me that just never worked out. I played a part in keeping them up last year. This year, I was banished.

"From the first day of pre-season training [I was] treated like a leper. Some will say deservedly so."

QPR declined to comment on Barton's claims.

Some good news for English football and it's fans.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:38 pm 
Major General
Major General

Fernandes tweeted that players who are under contract to QPR don't dictate where they play because they're under contract. Suggests that the situation isn't as clear as Barton makes out.

Though you'd think QPR would want shot of him TBH. Big wage to get off the books for next season in the Championship.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Barton's tweets suggest there is an agreed contract in place to transfer him to Marseilles all they have to do is pay the money and considering how strong he's been with his comments you would assume he's had assurances from them that they will activate the clause.

If they do QPR are powerless to stop it and you have to wonder why would they bother.

He moaned about being cast aside at QPR in the summer what he did almost got them relegated if other results hadn't gone their way they'd of gone down having lost at City.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:29 pm 
Major General
Major General

I don't think that they would want to stop him leaving. Struck me more as Fernandes saying that the club wont be dictated to by the players as a show of who's boss.

Has Barton's hearing been heard over his comments about Thiago Silva yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:28 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Harry Redknapp, the QPR manager, claimed that Barton had been sent “the same information as every other player” to report on Monday but he did not return until Wednesday.

Barton wrote on Twitter that “I am brilliant at a lot of things but telepathy isn’t one” and McKay later told Telegraph Sport that it had been a misunderstanding.

“It’s my fault – I told Joey that it was Wednesday,” he said. “There is no way he would want to report late for pre-season.”

Barton has enjoyed a successful past year on loan at Marseille and is hoping that a permanent deal can be agreed.

His last match for QPR was when he was sent off at Manchester City on the final day of the 2011-12 season but he still has two years remaining on his contract.

Barton is on a contract worth around £70,000 a week at QPR and Redknapp believes that the 30-year-old wants to be compensated if he does join Marseille.

“He wants to go to Marseille and he did very well there last year, but he’s got two years left of his deal here,” said Redknapp.

“I think he’s looking for the club to give him a payday here and then he’ll go. I don’t know how it’s all going to end.

“He was sent the same information as every other player – that was to report for training on Monday.”

Barton said that he had enjoyed his double training session at QPR on Wednesday and wrote that he was “surprised” by his own level of fitness. “Still a machine,” he said on Twitter.

With Barton’s future still uncertain, Redknapp has made an ambitious move to add Scott Parker, who he signed for Tottenham, to his central midfield.

Although it is thought that Tottenham would accept an offer of around £2  million, there would be doubts over whether Parker would want to drop down into the Championship, especially as he is still in contention for the England squad ahead of next summer’s World Cup.

Redknapp also admitted that he would evaluate his own future if he does not take QPR straight back to the Premier League.

“If we don’t make it I really won’t be happy with what I’ve done and will have to look at what I do in the future,” he said.

“For my own satisfaction, I have really got to get them up this year, that’s where I’m at. I think we have a big chance.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:16 am 
Major General
Major General

Joey Barton is now being linked with a move to Everton (and a 50% pay cut to make it happen).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:35 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Pretty sure that's his boyhood club but it would be a brave move for Everton considering his track record and the fact that a 50% pay cut only takes him down to £40k a week which for them is still a very good wage. There's also the question of is he better than what they've already got and I'm not sure Martinez would want someone like him in the dressing room.

He's a alright footballer but the man is cancer in a dressing room

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:41 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
No thank you.

Would rather we focused on getting McCarthy in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:01 am 
Major General
Major General

JSP wrote:
Pretty sure that's his boyhood club but it would be a brave move for Everton considering his track record and the fact that a 50% pay cut only takes him down to £40k a week which for them is still a very good wage. There's also the question of is he better than what they've already got and I'm not sure Martinez would want someone like him in the dressing room.

He's a alright footballer but the man is cancer in a dressing room

They are his boyhood club, hence his (apparent) willingness to take a pay cut to join them. He's had plenty of chances, and failed to learn his lesson over the years, not sure why anyone would want to give him another chance.

MIG wrote:
No thank you.

Would rather we focused on getting McCarthy in.

McCarthy valued at £20m by Wigan, Barton probably be 1/4 of that. Not that I think Everton should take Barton.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:13 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Spawny wrote:
They are his boyhood club, hence his (apparent) willingness to take a pay cut to join them. He's had plenty of chances, and failed to learn his lesson over the years, not sure why anyone would want to give him another chance.

A few weeks back he was saying how much he loved his time in France but apparently that deal collapsed because of his wage demands.

Let's see if he puts his money where his mouth is but any club signing this guy is crazy he's had far too many chances and his ability on the pitch doesn't justify his wages he's an average CM player in the Premiership is £40k a week the going rate for average Premier League footballers these days?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:14 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
I wouldn't really want us to pay anywhere near £20m for McCarthy but whatever his fee will eventually be should be covered by any money recieved for Fellaini. Obviously if Fellaini stays then I'm not too fussed about McCarthy.
Either way we should stay clear of Barton. Interesting character.....when he's at someone elses club.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The Queens Park Rangers midfielder Joey Barton is prepared to make a significant financial "sacrifice" to be able to play for Everton, according to his agent Willie McKay, but Roberto Martínez has been warned against signing the scouser by Neville Southall, who compared the controversial 30-year-old to Forrest Gump.

Barton spent last season on loan at Marseille and appears to have no future at Loftus Road, especially on reported wages of £70,000 a week, after their relegation to the Championship. But his salary has put off the French club from making a move to sign him permanently and McKay is exploring other options in an attempt to find a new club.

The Huyton-born Barton supported Everton as a boy and on Wednesday morning tweeted "Once a blue.." with his agent admitting they have approached Martínez about an opportunity.

"Obviously his package with QPR is pretty big for Marseille's terms really," McKay told TalkSport. "Joey said there was only one club he would make a sacrifice for and it would be Everton and I made that call to Martínez.

"That is the club he loves. I have approached them and said Joey would love to have Everton on his CV. Fair play to him he said he would lose money to go to Everton – and not many professionals would do that."

McKay claims the club's new manager, who is in the market for a central midfielder, is an admirer of Barton. "Roberto Martínez said he likes him as a player and he also spoke to [Martínez's assistant] Graeme Jones, who loves him as a player," he added. "Anything can happen in football. It could happen."

But Southall, interviewed later on the same radio station, said: "I think they have already got a kitman. What is he going to add to Everton? He might be a half-decent player at times but, if he was that good, Harry Redknapp would be begging him to stay at QPR.

"I don't see how he will fit into Everton's style of play. He ain't the best passer in the world. Yes he is fit and runs up and down all day but Forrest Gump did that as well didn't he?"

Southall added: "I would rather he [Martínez] got in a young lad who is probably on less money and a better prospect in the long run so they have got until January to bed him in and see what he is like. A 30-year-old at Everton? I was hoping they were past that, unless he was a current international."

Martínez and the rest of the Everton squad are currently in San Francisco where they will kick off their pre-season games in the United States on Wednesday night against Juventus in the International Champions Cup.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next