AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Sick Old Lady
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:39 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paul Pogba's agent has claimed his client will remain at Juventus next season despite being a reported target of top European clubs.

The France midfielder has become one of the hottest prospects in European football since moving to Turin in 2012 after leaving Manchester United.

Media reports in England claimed Chelsea are willing to make a £60million offer to Juve in order to lure Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid target Pogba to Stamford Bridge.

"We have decided not to speak of the transfer market with regards to Paul until after the World Cup," Pogba's agent Mino Raiola said to Italian TV station Rai Sport. "But I can calmly say that his future will still be at Juventus, where he feels very happy."

Pogba currently has two years left on his contract at Juve, who want to extend that.

The Golden Ball winner at the 2013 Under-20 World Cup was a regular feature in Antonio Conte's side as they successfully defended their Serie A title last season.

He made 36 appearances in the league, scoring seven goals and setting up another seven in the 2013-14 campaign.

The 21-year-old is currently on international duty with France, where he started in two of his team's three group games at the World Cup in Brazil.

Think it's a good move for him staying with Juventus for at least another year as he's well established with them and it keeps the pressure off him although I don't think a big price tag would bother him to much.

Will be interesting to see if Juventus can make a bit of a mark in Europe this season they've p*ssed the league for a few years now but they haven't manager to show the quality in the CL yet surely next year they need to be looking to make it to the knockout rounds.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:15 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Conte has resigned as manager :ohmy:

Reasons behind decision not yet clear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
JSP wrote:
Conte has resigned as manager :ohmy:

Reasons behind decision not yet clear

We could have had him :-(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:57 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Not happy with board.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:16 pm 
Major General
Major General

Allegri :fonz: :fonz: :fonz: hahaha :cool:

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus have appointed the former Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri as coach to replace Antonio Conte.

Allegri has been hired on a salary of €2m (£1.6m) on a two-year deal as the club seek a fourth successive Serie A title. Juventus announced that he will be presented later Wednesday.

Allegri joined Milan from Cagliari in the summer of 2010 and in his first season led them to their first Scudetto since 2004, though the Rossoneri finished second to Juventus the following year.

Allegri was sacked by Milan in January this year since when they have stumbled through the appointment of Clarence Seedorf, who lasted less than five months, and Filippo Inzaghi.

Conte had his contract terminated by mutual consent amid suggestions that he will succeed Cesare Prandelli, now manager of Galatasaray, in charge of the Italian national side.

Conte, who had signed a deal through to the summer of 2015 earlier this year, said time had caught up with him at the Turin club and that the moment was right to bid farewell. “It may be more difficult to keep winning with Juventus,” he said.

Post subject: Re: A (not so) Sick Old Lady
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Moratta confirmed on a 5 year deal for £15.8m

Bit surprised that Madrid are selling him must be lining up a new striker this summer although apart from Falcao they've not really been linked to anyone.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:26 pm 
Major General
Major General

They will buy him again ( if he performs well at juve and given the talent he should) and will sell him after 1 - 2 seasons ... Negredo Grenaro are recent examples...

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:06 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Manchester United are on RED ALERT over reports Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal has put his house up for sale.

Calciomercato.com reports Vidal's neighbours have confirmed his house in the Moncalieri area of Turin is up for sale.

It could be a HUGE hint that Vidal is on his way to the Premier League but the Red Devils face competition from Spanish giants Barcelona.

There is even speculation that Juventus-bound United defender Patrice Evra could move into Vidal's posh pad.

Whether Vidal is preparing to move country or just location near Turin is yet to be seen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:46 pm 
Major General
Major General

Juve asking well in excess of 50 million ..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:02 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Álvaro Morata’s £16m move to Juventus has quickly turned sour after the Spaniard injured his knee in his first training session and was ruled out for seven weeks.

The 21-year-old, who completed his move from Real Madrid on Saturday, suffered a second-degree injury to the medial collateral ligament in his left knee after being injured on Monday, the Serie A champions said in a statement. “The forecast for a full recovery is of 50 days,” the club said.

A highly-rated product of the Real youth academy, Morata came to the fore in the 2012-13 season, the former coach José Mourinho’s last at the club. He scored eight goals in 23 La Liga appearances last season.

Even before the injury, he was expected to have a hard time breaking into the Juventus team where Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente formed an outstanding partnership in attack last season.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus official Beppe Marotta has reiterated the club’s stance that Arturo Vidal will remain with the Bianconeri next term.

The Chile international's future has been a hot topic of conversation, with numerous reports circulating that Premier League side Manchester United were set to break their transfer record to secure his services.

However Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri recently stated he was convinced the midfielder will remain at the club, a sentiment now echoed by Marotta.

Speaking before the friendly against Cesena, Marotta told Sky Italia: "Vidal? He feels good with us, and we are happy to have him here.

“We have already renewed his deal, I don't think there will be problems."

As for the situation involving Hellas Verona's Romulo, who is being linked to the Bianconeri, Marotta added: "He can fly with Juve for Asia on Sunday. We have continuing contacts with Verona.

“If nothing negative happens, we would look to conclude the affair in the next few days."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:39 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta has confirmed that the club are in contract talks with midfielder Paul Pogba.

Pogba has a further two years remaining on his current deal with the Serie A champions, but his future has been the subject of much speculation in recent transfer windows.

Both PSG and Chelsea have been among the clubs linked with a move for the 21-year-old, while Arsenal and former club Manchester United have also been reported to be admirers.

However, Marotta is now hopeful of tying up a new deal for Pogba, who has quickly established himself as one of the game’s brightest prospects since joining from from Old Trafford in 2012.

He said: "With Pogba and his agent we started a negotiation and I am optimistic that there may be an agreement soon."

Marotta also says Juventus have tabled an offer for veteran goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, 36, to extend his stay, while defender Giorgio Chiellini is close to a new deal.

"The Buffon contract is ready. It is up to him to decide when to come and sign and decide when to stop playing football," he said.

"Chiellini’s contract is in the home stretch."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:52 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has revealed he never feared losing Manchester United target Arturo Vidal this summer.

Vidal was strongly linked with a move to the Premier League side all summer, but he remained in Turin when the transfer window slammed shut on Monday night.

Allegri, who took charge at Juventus in the summer, admits he was always confident that Vidal would remain at the club after being reassured by the Bianconeri hierarchy that they had no plans to offload the Chile international.

"Vidal? He was never on the market," Allegri told Sky Italia. "The club told me from the start that he would stay."

Allegri also admitted he was happy with the club's summer transfer business despite reportedly missing out on several big-name targets.

"I'm happy with the business the club did," added Allegri. "The aim was to carry out targeted operations, not to buy just for the sake of buying. Ours was an intelligent transfer market.

"We would have only done something more if we had found a player that would have really lifted the level of the squad."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:27 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus general director Beppe Marotta has confirmed the club never considered signing Mario Balotelli in the summer.

Speculation linked Balotelli with a move from AC Milan to the Bianconeri, but instead the former Manchester City forward returned to the Premier League to join Liverpool.

Marotta denied a move for the player by the Italian champions, who have since begun the defence of their title in perfect style, winning their opening three games without conceding a goal under new boss Massimiliano Allegri.

“Balotelli? He has never been our target. We have never negotiated for him,” Marotta told Radio Uno.

“In January if we need to do so then we will make corrective measures.

“We are happy with the group at the disposal of Allegri, we are competitive in Italy and even in Europe, where there are other clubs stronger than us.

“I have heard criticism of our defence, but if I am not mistaken, after three games we have not conceded a goal.

“In recent years, Juventus’ appeal has returned to what it was in the past. Years ago, (Udinese forward Antonio) Di Natale would not come, but now champions are willingly doing so.

“We have created a structure, with (sporting director Fabio) Paratici that allows us to take advantage of opportunities in the market.”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:28 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Arturo Vidal has no regrets about his decision to remain at Juventus and firmly believes his best form is yet to come.

Juve turned down a number of bids this summer for Vidal, who is under contract in Turin until June 2017.

The Chile international was strongly linked with Manchester United, but the 27-year-old chose to remain with the Italian champions.

"I feel content and happy here," Vidal told Chilean radio station Cooperativa. "This is my fourth year here and I feel right at home.

"Things have gone really well and we are returning to play at the maximum level.

"I am very happy with our results. There are always transfer rumours but I am calm.

"When a transfer window is about to open there are always reports but I never think about that, I have an agent that takes care of that.

"I'm only thinking about Juventus. I am 100 per cent, giving my all in training in order to become one of the best."

Vidal, who moved to Juve from Bayer Leverkusen in 2011, made 32 league appearances for the Bianconeri last season, scoring 11 times and setting up five others as the club won their third successive scudetto.

He underwent right knee surgery in May but recovered in time to help Chile reach the last 16 of the World Cup in Brazil.

"With respect to the past, I don't think it has been a perfect year, but I have put my maximum effort," Vidal said. "I played at the World Cup and I won the league title with Juventus.

"I started the year a bit slower because of the knee but now I am well.

"I played with pain but now it's not there and I have improved day after day. I now feel almost perfect.

"I hope to continue to improve and to be in all the years that I have left in my career among the best in the world."

Vidal, who has played in Europe since 2007, has revealed he would like to return to play in Chile one day, with Colo-Colo, the club where he began his career.

"I am a Colocolino (Colo-Colo fan) since I started to play football," he said. "My dream is to return there, to end my career at Colo-Colo, with my people and those that helped me when I left.

"I hope that one day I can return to wear that jersey."

Vidal has scored four goals and set up another in 10 league appearances so far to help Juve lead the Serie A standings.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Carlos Tevez has denied reports he could leave Juventus this summer and return to his former club Boca Juniors.

Tevez has said that he has no intention of leaving Turin before his contract expires in 2016.

The Argentinian's comments come amid reports he wants to return to his homeland and re-sign for Boca Juniors this summer. But Tevez, who has scored 17 goals in 25 Serie A games this season, dismissed the speculation as false and reiterated that he will be staying at Juventus.

"That's not true," he told reporters in Turin. "I'm relaxed and I carry that with me on the field, without thinking about the future.

"I think I will continue to the end, as agreed with the director."

Meanwhile, Tevez's agent, Adrian Ruocco confirmed that the 31-year-old wants to end his career at Boca Juniors, but added that he will "respect his contract with Juventus".

"The only guarantee is that Tevez wants to respect his contract with Juventus," Ruocco said.

He finally looks like he's found a club/city that he can call home in Europe he never really settled in England he was clearly here for the money at all the clubs he played for but you don't hear anything about him being unhappy in Turin and he's the main man for them as well.

Still deep down I'm gutted that he left us in the way he did we should never have let him leave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:27 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain have received a blow in pursuit of Palermo striker Paulo Dybala after he hinted he would prefer a move to Juventus.

Dybala is one of the hottest properties in Serie A, scoring 13 league goals so far, creating several more and hitting the woodwork several times for the Sicilian side side.

Amid reported interest from some of Europe's top clubs, including Chelsea, who were reported to have made a bid for the Argentine, and PSG, Palermo owner and president Mauro Zamparini slapped a 40m euros (£28m) price tag on the 21-year-old.

However, Champions League quarter-finalists Juventus are believed to have offered 32m euros (£23m) during recent negotiations and Dybala admitted in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport his desire to play alongside Italian legend Andrea Pirlo.

"I love Italy. This is the country that made me famous and I would love to stay in Serie A," he said.

"There are some big teams out there who don't play in Champions League and I can't deny that I'd love to play in Europe's most prestigious competition."

Dybala, who admitted he doesn't "speak a word of English or French", admitted playing alongside a "genius" like Pirlo would make his life at Juventus easier.

"It's a lot easier for a striker when you have a playmaker like Pirlo behind you,” he added. “He makes even the most difficult things look easy.

"His genius was plain to see against Monaco in the Champions League. His pass eventually led to the penalty. Obviously Alvaro Morata played a role in it, but the move all started with Pirlo."

The news comes in contrast to the picture painted in a report by Tuttosport last week when Zamparini said he was likely to sell to the highest bidder, despite interest from Juventus and Roma.

"We will sell Dybala by the end of April," Zamparini said. "In Italy Juventus and Roma are the teams most interested in the lad and he would certainly help them. But foreign clubs are also in the mix."

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Sami Khedira is set to sign for Juventus this week, disappointing several other clubs who had hoped to sign the Real Madrid midfielder on a free transfer this summer.

Juventus have been in Germany this week to talk to the World Cup winner’s representatives and the 28-year-old is set to have a medical in Turin later this week.

The Juventus general manager, Beppe Marotta, said on Tuesday that Khedira, whose contract runs out in the summer, has “an interesting profile”. He added: “Khedira is an opportunity in this market because his contract is running out. We have thought about it and are still reflecting on it as we have to take in many factors.”

Marotta added that the club will do everything they can to keep hold of Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal, with the former being linked with a move to Manchester City or Paris St-Germain and the latter with a transfer to Arsenal.

“We want to consolidate our position in Italy and in Europe. To do that we need to reinforce the squad, a squad that already is very strong. And that means that we want to keep the core of this group and our most important players.”

Khedira joined Real from Stuttgart in 2010 and has won the league, the Spanish Cup and the Champions League during his time in Spain but has suffered from injuries this season and barely featured for the first team.

The midfielder said last weekend that he had felt “frozen out” at Real since the turn of the year. “I did have a small injury, a pain in my right heel, but that wasn’t why I wasn’t playing,” he said. “It wasn’t a complicated injury. I was able to play.

“I’ve always felt that I’ve had the coach’s backing but the message indirectly came through to me that I was no longer needed. I was frozen out and wouldn’t have a chance to continue playing. It’s not the end that I wanted. It hurts that I’m accused of a lack of professionalism because I’ve always put the team ahead of myself. I’ve always gone with the truth.”

It's quite the squad they are starting to assemble at Juce adding Dybala & Khedira is great business

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Serie A champions Juventus have signed Argentine striker Paulo Dybala from Palermo for 32m euros (£23.4m)

The 21-year-old will join the Italian double winners on a five-year contract.

Dybala has scored 13 goals this season and following his final home game - a defeat by Fiorentina - was thrown into the air by team-mates.

"Juventus are the side who wanted me the most," Dybala told Italian TV. "They made a real effort to sign me and this is why I made my decision,"

Dybala joined Palermo in August 2012 from Argentine club Instituto for a reported fee of 12m euros.

Juventus say the deal could rise to 40m euros with add-ons.

Speaking before the deal was announced, Dybala added: "It will be impossible for me to forget everything I've experienced in three years at Palermo.

"I was happy from the very first day. I know that to play for Juve, I have to do much more and I'm sure I can improve a great deal."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next