AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A (not so) Sick Old Lady
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:01 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus are set to sign Croatia striker Mario Mandzukic from Atletico Madrid after posting photographs on Twitter of him arriving in Turin.

The 29-year-old only joined Atletico last summer from Bayern Munich and scored 20 goals in 43 games for the Spanish side.

It is reported he will cost beaten Champions League finalists Juve £13m.

He said: "I like Juventus and I like the city. I hope I will be happy here. I will fight for my new team."

It is the third time in four years Mandzukic will join a side straight after they lost the Champions League final, following his 2012 move to Bayern and last summer's switch to Atletico.

Juventus striker Carlos Tevez, their top scorer last season with 20 Serie A strikes, has been linked with a move away from the Italian champions.

Argentine legend Diego Maradona hinted recently he could rejoin Boca Juniors.

Looks like Tevez & Llorente will both leave this summer.

Squad getting a bit of a refresh which is always important but Tevez will be a big miss for them as he was excellant for them.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:25 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus have completed the signing of striker Simone Zaza from Sassuolo, the club announced on Tuesday.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri – who has just signed a one-year contract extension – has severely bolstered his front line this summer, with Zaza the latest forward to arrive after Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic.

Zaza has five caps for Italy and scored 11 goals for Sassuolo last season, and he joins the Serie A champions on a five-year deal for a fee of around £12.75m which will be paid over three years.

The two clubs had originally co-owned the 24-year-old before Juventus sold their share last summer, but have now exercised their pre-agreed right to buy him back for an agreed fee.

Juventus strolled to their fourth Italian title in succession last season, finishing 17 points clear of second-placed Roma.

Striker Carlos Tevez has moved back to Argentina to rejoin boyhood club Boca Juniors, but Allegri has moved quickly to strengthen up front.

Meanwhile, midfielder Andrea Pirlo has left to join New York City, while the Bianconegri have signed midfielder Sami Khedira from Real Madrid.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Germany's World Cup winner Sami Khedira is targeting Champions League success with Juventus after signing on a free transfer from Real Madrid.

Khedira joined the Italian champions this month as a free agent after turning down a contract extension to remain at the Bernabeu.

The 28-year-old midfielder signed a four-year contract for the Turin giants and was unveiled to the media on Wednesday.

"I spent five wonderful years with Real Madrid and I had already made up my mind a while back that I needed a new challenge," Khedira said on the club's official website. "Juve is at the same level as Real Madrid.

"It was a simple decision to take."

Khedira joins a side that won its fourth straight league title last season as well as the Coppa Italia - to clinch the domestic double for the first time since 1995.

Moreover, Juve, under first-year coach Massimiliano Allegri, reached the Champions League final for the first time since 2003 after beating Real in the last four of the competition.

The Bianconeri lost 3-1 to Barcelona in last month's final.

"It's a great honour to play in Serie A," Khedira said. "It's a challenging competition and there are many strong teams.

"Juve have also proved they can compete at the same level against any European side.

"I want to experience again a Champions League final."

Khedira joined the Madrid outfit five years ago from Stuttgart and won La Liga, the Copa del Rey and Champions League titles during his first three seasons at the Bernabeu.

The Germany international won his first and only Champions League trophy two seasons ago when Real beat Atletico Madrid 4-1 in extra time to clinch the club's record 10th European Cup in Lisbon.

Khedira believes Juve have enough quality to go all the way in Europe next season.

"Several things need to fall into place to win the Champions League," he said. "But with the squad we have, we can reach the Champions League final."

The Turin giants have reinforced their attacking line following the departure of the team's top scorer Carlos Tevez to Boca Juniors this month.

Juve have signed Italy international Simone Zaza from Sassuolo, Croatia's Mario Mandzukic from Atletico Madrid and Argentinian forward Paulo Dybala from Palermo.

Another Juve player who left the club at the end of the season was Italian veteran midfielder Andrea Pirlo.

Pirlo left Juve after four successful seasons with the Bianconeri and has moved to Major League Soccer to play for New York City FC.

"I didn't know that Pirlo would leave when I began negotiations with Juve," Khedira said. "But I know that I will have to work hard to earning a starting place in the team.

"We need to work hard, giving it all to achieve our aims."

Tevez will be a big miss as he was probably the best player in Serie A over the last 2 seasons but they've signed 3 strikers to replace him and I'm guessing Llorente may also move on but again the 3 they've got in all look like good players/prospects.

Khedira replacing Pirlo is ok as well Pirlo was a great head to have in that midfield but his legs meant he needed protection and with Khedira sitting in their you probably don't need that as much.

Juve should still p*ss Serie A this season they're miles clear of everyone else at the moment but it's going to be tough for them to challenge again in Europe imo I think PSG/Chelsea will be the two to challenge the current big 3 (Madrid, Barca & Bayern) I can see Juventus getting found out a bit next season.

Big season for Pogba next year I think he'll stay and with Pirlo gone it's really up to him to be the hub of the midfield he needs to step up and I think he will.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:55 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Losing Vidal, Pirlo and Tevez in one summer is big, not to mention the possible loss of Pogba.

Mandzukic is a good replacement for Tevez. Not sure about Khedira, jury will very much be out on him after his injury issues over the past few seasons.

Agree they should still win the league at a canter but may struggle in Europe.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Serbinator wrote:
Losing Vidal, Pirlo and Tevez in one summer is big, not to mention the possible loss of Pogba.

Mandzukic is a good replacement for Tevez. Not sure about Khedira, jury will very much be out on him after his injury issues over the past few seasons.

Agree they should still win the league at a canter but may struggle in Europe.

I don't think Pogba will go this summer he apparently has a deal on the table to go to Barca next summer with Euro 2016 in France next summer I don't think he really wants a move.

Pogba/Khedira/Marchisio is still a pretty strong midfield so I'm not sure how big a loss Vidal is assuming Pogba steps up another level next season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus’s new signing Sami Khedira will miss the first two months of the season with a thigh injury, the Serie A champions said on Monday.

Khedira was injured during a pre-season friendly against Olympique Marseille on Saturday, the German’s first appearance for Juventus since his move from Real Madrid in June.

The injury is the latest blow to Khedira who barely featured for Real in the second half of last season. Real cited a series of nagging injuries but Khedira said the club had decided he was no longer wanted.

Khedira helped Germany reach the World Cup final last year, only to miss the game against Argentina after he was injured in the pre-match warm-up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:40 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba was approached by "very important clubs" this summer, the Italian club's chief executive has confirmed.

Pogba, 22, was linked with Chelsea and Manchester City in the transfer window.

The France international could soon be worth 100m euros (£73m), Giuseppe Marotta told a news conference.

"As we want to win, we have decided to keep hold of a player as important as Pogba, although we have had offers," he added.

Former Manchester United youngster Pogba left Old Trafford to join the Italian champions - Serie A winners for the past four seasons - in 2012.

He helped them to reach the final of the Champions League last season, where they were beaten 3-1 by Barcelona.

Though the Turin club kept Pogba, they lost Chile forward Arturo Vidal and Argentina striker Carlos Tevez in the summer, while they agreed to end Italy midfielder Andrea Pirlo's contract a year early so he could join New York City in the USA.

Marotta was also critical of German club Schalke after Juve failed to sign midfielder Julian Draxler from the Bundesliga club.

"There has been a difficult dialogue with Schalke, who are a mysterious club," he said.

"They made a disproportionate request - 36 million euros is an exaggeration and there was also the lack of interest from the player."

A lot of the rumours are that he's already given the nod to Barca for next summer so it'll just be a case of them agreeing a fee with Juventus which if Pogba stars this season for Juventus in League & Serie A plus France at Euro 2016 could go very close to the 100m euro record shared by Ronaldo/Bale.

From what I've seen/read though this season so far Pogba has struggled a bit in the midfield without Pirlo & Vidal alongside him there is a lot more pressure on him this season to be the main man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:59 am 
Major General
Major General

Juve lost 2 out of 2 in league .. They sold Vidal , Pirlo went to states and its a hell of Job for Pogba to control the whole midfield alone with evra being use as LM and Lichesteiner in RM .. padoin and Pereyra are wingback/winger converted into midfielder ...

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:03 am 
Major General
Major General

Juventus in freefall - now Tevez plots to restore Boca's dominance over River
Quote:
The forward's winning mentality is driving the famous Argentine club's Primera Division title bid, but is sorely missed in Turin where the Old Lady have lost their first two games

If Boca Juniors idol Carlos Tevez has proved one thing beyond doubt in his 31 years on this planet, it is that he is an inveterate winner. From La Bombonera to Turin, from Sao Paulo to both the red and sky-blue halves of Manchester, the striker has lifted almost every major trophy that world football has to offer. Seven league titles in five clubs and four nations; four international trophies, including a Copa Libertadores/Champions League double achieved by just six other players; a total of 20 competitions won in his career and the promise of more to come: this is a player that drags his clubs to victories.

While Juventus have been in free-fall without the battler raised among the battered apartment buildings and rampant crime of Fuerte Apache, Boca are sitting pretty one point off the top of the Argentine Primera Division and hoping to mark Tevez’s comeback with at least one title by the end of 2015. A win this Sunday over arch-rivals River Plate in the striker’s first Superclasico since returning post-Copa America would give the Xeneize a giant boost in their bid for the league.

The bizarre decision to keep the Primera running during the international weekend robbed Boca of their talisman in a massive clash against San Lorenzo. The absence of Carlitos, as well as Fernando Gago, away on international duty as Argentina tune up with a mini-US tour, was sorely felt. The giants went into the game as leaders, but lacked the poise and incisiveness Tevez gives their game and eventually went down 1-0, an unfortunate error from teenage prospect Rodrigo Bentancur handing the visitors a win which helped them leapfrog Boca at the top. The ex-Juventus man’s impact has been felt, and not just in the back of the net.

During his stay in Europe Carlitos became accustomed to playing with the best playmakers and providers around. This service, added to his wonderful finishing talent, made him one of the most potent penalty area forwards in both the Premier League and Serie A. At Boca, we are seeing a different side to his play. The club do not boast the same creative talent, so Tevez has taken it on himself to drop back and play that same position. Acting almost as the kind of traditional No.10 made famous at La Bombonera by Diego Maradona and Juan Roman Riquelme, he runs the hard yards and makes the players in front of him step up a gear. Jonathan Calleri, to name one, has been transformed since the arrival of the Argentina international and is seriously touted as a future pick in Gerardo Martino’s squads.

“Tevez is going to help me score a lot of goals,” the 21-year-old ex-All Boys wonderkid told Clarin. It proved to be a very accurate prediction. Four of Calleri’s seven Primera goals have came in the six games he has shared with Carlitos. The man himself has netted just two, but his impact has been felt far beyond the score-sheet. He has helped stabilize a team which, while far from outright crisis, was reeling from events on and off the field.

Boca had started 2015 in imperious form, leading the Primera and with six wins out of six to top their Copa Libertadores group. At that point, however, disaster struck. A 1-0 loss to River in the last-16 of the continental competition left the side needing a win at the Bombonera for the second leg. It was an explosive match, but for all the wrong reasons. With the return goalless and deadlocked at half time, a mindless fan doused the away playerswith a homemade pepper spray substance as they entered the pitch for the second period. It caused a national scandal, and led to Boca’s ejection from the Libertadores as well as a long campaign of accusations and recriminations within the club. “When I saw the pepper spray incident I had second thoughts about coming back,” Tevez admitted to TyC Sports in a recent interview. But come back he did, to Boca’s joy and Juve’s despair.

While over in Argentina Tevez is focused on taking down River and gunning for the title, the Old Lady is still hurting from his departure. It is of course not just the Argentine. Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal both followed Tevez out the door, robbing the club of its creative spine. Those charged with filling the gap - former Palermo promise Paulo Dybala and Paul Pogba in Tevez’s No.10 jersey - may yet live up to their billing but two defeats in the opening two games is far from encouraging.

“Without the Argentine, Juve are a house without foundations and must reconstruct,” former Bianconeri star Alessio Tacchinardi declared last week. “Pogba is a great player with the character to handle the No.10 shirt, but obviously he’s not the Apache.”

Juventus will miss the 29 goals their star contributed during that brilliant 2014-15 season. But Tevez is so much more than hitting the net. His energy, commitment, selflessness and burning desire to win at all costs is priceless, and Boca will be extremely grateful he is lining up in the blue and gold as they seek to vanquish their arch-rivals and revitalise their march towards the title

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus director Beppe Marotta insists that manager Massimiliano Allegri is going nowhere despite reports suggesting he will take over at Chelsea in the summer.

The Stamford Bridge club are looking for a permanent successor to Jose Mourinho with Allegri believed to be their first choice.

However, Marotta has played down suggestions that the Italian will be on the move this summer.

"We have a great rapport with Allegri," he said. "Now the crucial moment of the season is coming up, so we should focus on that.

"In any case, contracts are not as important as the rapport between people. With Allegri the conditions are all there to continue.

"The team is doing well and improving a great deal."

Allegri, who is rumoured to be learning English ahead of any potential move to the Premier League, won the Serie A title in his first year in charge of AC Milan in 2010/11, spending three-and-a-half years at the club before taking over at Juventus in the summer of 2014.
He then helped the Turin club to the league title as well as winning the Coppa Italia and reaching the Champions League final last season, his first in charge of The Old Lady.

Speaking last month, Allegri also distanced himself from claims was set to leave northern Italy.

"My thoughts are on the championship, the Italian Cup and the Champions League," he said. "I have a contract with the club until 2017 and I feel good here."

Asked how it felt to be linked with the Chelsea job, he added: "It feels normal. When you coach a team like Juventus, that's the way it is.

"But I'm fine here and it's only normal that my focus is on what I have to do here."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
There was not a lot of title talk to be heard in Turin on the morning of 29 October. Juventus had lost 1-0 away to Sassuolo the night before and, 10 games into the new season, found themselves adrift in the bottom half of the table. They were already 11 points behind the league leaders, Roma. “Is this even Juve?” demanded the front page of Tuttosport, whilst Gazzetta dello Sport pondered the symbolism of this defeat.

Massimiliano Allegri had been fired as Milan manager in 2014 following a loss in Sassuolo, and now the pink paper asked whether his hopes of winning back-to-back titles with Juventus had died at the hands of the same opponents. Never in the history of Serie A had a team won the scudetto after starting so poorly. Juventus had 12 points to show for their opening 10 games – their lowest tally at that stage since the introduction of three points for a win.

Even Allegri was losing patience. He had responded to early setbacks with characteristic calm, tweeting in the wake of an opening day defeat to Udinese that “Serie A is a marathon, not a 100m final”, but after the loss to Sassuolo he became more candid – stating that “an immediate change of attitude” was required. He took his players away from their families for the rest of the week on a training retreat.

Did that act galvanise Juventus? Or did their luck simply turn? Three days later, the Bianconeri hosted Torino in the Derby della Mole. The score was 1-1 after 90 minutes, but deep into injury time Juan Cuadrado stole a winner, scuffing the ball clumsily over the line. In doing so, he launched one of the greatest comebacks in the history of Italian football.

Including that win over Torino, Juve have won 24 out of their last 25 league games. The only exception was a draw away to Bologna. To frame that another way: they have taken 73 points out of 75 available. Little wonder that nobody else in Serie A has been able to keep pace. Sunday’s victory over Fiorentina took Juventus to the brink of the scudetto. This team that trailed first place by 11 points on the final morning of October now found itself 12 points clear at the top. Second-placed Napoli would need to win at Roma on Monday afternoon simply to keep the race alive for one more week.

They could not do it. Napoli welcomed back Gonzalo Higuaín from suspension, and perhaps if he had taken his best chance then things might have gone differently. In the 30th minute he pulled a ball down with outrageous piece of control between two defenders, before eluding them both, but Wojciech Szczesny was off his line quickly to block. Instead Radja Nainggolan hammered in an 89th-minute winner for Roma. It was an important goal for the Giallorossi, bringing them to within two points of Napoli as they battle for direct qualification to next season’s Champions League group stage. But it also kicked off the mother of all parties in Turin.

Hundreds of fans had gathered outside the gates of Juventus’s Vinovo training ground on Monday afternoon, and the celebrations began in earnest as word of Nainggolan’s goal reached them. The first-team squad was still in the changing room after a light practice session, but soon emerged in commemorative T-shirts to share their champagne with supporters. The party went on for hours. Predictably, it got a little bit messy. Allegri was drenched in booze and then thrown up in the air by his players. Paul Pogba hit the deck whilst attempting to dance, sing and take a selfie all at once. Gigi Buffon stood in front of a mirror and puffed on an enormous cigar.He had earned it. No one player has done more than Buffon to keep his team on trackthis season. In the wake of that October defeat at Sassuolo, it was he who stood up before his team-mates in the changing room and declared their efforts thus far to have been unacceptable. “Lads,” he said. “At 38 years old, I’m not interested in going around just to make myself look shit.”

His leadership was fundamental, but so were his saves. It is no exaggeration to say that this has been one of the finest seasons of Buffon’s already stellar career. Besides shattering Sebastiano Rossi’s record for longest sequence without conceding a goal in the Italian top flight, he has posted a save percentage that is second only to Paris Saint-Germain’s Kevin Trapp across Europe’s top five leagues. Clearly, though, this title has been a team effort. Among the many outstanding aspects of Juventus’s current run is that it has been achieved despite injuries and suspensions to key players, from Giorgio Chiellini to Claudio Marchisio and Sami Khedira. The depth of this squad, able to bring a player as good as Álvaro Morata off the bench to score the winning goal against Fiorentina on Sunday, is exceptional.

This despite bidding farewell to Carlos Tevez, Arturo Vidal and Andrea Pirlo last summer – not to mention Fernando Llorente. We can hardly be surprised that Juventus struggled early on; those players accounted for more than half of their goals last season. What has been astonishing has been to see Allegri’s team eventually grow even stronger than they were before the summer renewal. Veterans Khedira and Mario Mandzukic have integrated seamlessly into the starting XI. Alex Sandro was brought along more slowly at full-back, but his pace and crossing ability were a huge asset to the side. Likewise Daniele Rugani’s supernatural calm at centre-back.

And then there was Paolo Dybala, who looked like a transfer gamble at €32 million plus bonuses after only one season as a regular top-flight starter for Palermo, but who has already developed into one of the most promising young forwards on the planet. His partnership, and friendship, with Pogba might yet serve to keep the Frenchman in Turin longer than had previously been anticipated.

Juve are under no financial pressure to sell, and the club’s general manager, Beppe Marotta, has stressed that no starters will depart unless they ask to do so. Thus far we have no indication that Pogba, or any other member of Allegri’s first XI, is especially keen to do so. And why should they be? These players believe they are ready to challenge for more than just domestic honours. Last season’s run to the Champions League final came as a surprise even to many people at Juventus, but to have come so close to toppling Bayern Munich in March, with a remodelled side, has only strengthened the conviction within the club.

It was noteworthy that several players brought up the competition, and their desire to go further in it next year, unprompted during the interviews that accompanied Monday’s victory celebration. As Gazzetta dello Sport observed, it is “no longer a promise, but a logical premise that this team will assault the pinnacle of European and world football.”

That, though, is a conversation for another day. For now, it is enough to celebrate Juventus’s domestic achievements. This is the team’s fifth consecutive Serie A title. They have achieved such a feat once before, back in the 1930s, but only two other clubs can say the same. Il Grande Torino might have gone even further than five were it not for the Superga air disaster in 1949, although their run of consecutive titles was broken up in the middle by the second world war. Internazionale, meanwhile, only got to five with the help of the 2006 Scudetto that was handed to them retrospectively as a result of the Calciopoli scandal. What is ominous about the Old Lady’s current run is that they already look well-equipped to extend it. Juventus are set up to carry on dominating Italian football for years to come, with a stadium and a business model generating turnover far above what anybody else in Serie A can match.

Despite a woeful start, Juventus are almost certain to smash through the 90-point barrier this season. If they beat Milan in the Coppa Italia final next month, then that will also make them the first Italian side ever to win the domestic double in consecutive years. How improbable this all would have seemed after that loss to Sassuolo in October. How impossible it might have appeared 10 years ago this summer, when Juventus were preparing to start over, post-Calciopoli, in Serie B.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:30 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Looks like Madrid will exercise their buy back option for Alvaro Moratta although it appears they will then sell him on with Arsenal reportedly very interested.

Juve might try to agree a deal to keep him as I don't think they want to lose him and that might mean paying Madrid another €10m to not take up their option clause

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Miralem Pjanic has enacted a clause in his contract to force through a €38m (£30m) move to Juventus, Roma’s general manager Mauro Baldissoni has said.

The talented 26-year-old had been linked with a move to the Premier League but Juventus confirmed that he is to undergo a medical in Turin in due course.

Speaking on Roma Radio, Baldissoni denied rumours that the Rome club contacted their Serie A rivals to arrange the transfer, before reading out a letter he had received from the Bosnia and Herzegovina international.

“Let’s get one thing straight,” Baldissoni said. “In a normal world a club director should not have to come here and give a radio interview in order to deny something that is nonsense.

“This is the letter AS Roma received... ‘I herewith wish to inform you of my intention to exercise my right to be transferred to another club, as per our previous agreements.

“‘I also wish to inform you that I will settle the 20% of the transfer fee that is due to me directly with the club purchasing my contract, which I can inform you is Juventus Football Club. I thank you and ask you to make contact in order to complete the necessary contractual formalities. Yours sincerely, Miralem Pjanic.’”

The Juventus director Beppe Marotta confirmed that Pjanic had pushed through the move, telling Tuttosport and La Gazzetta dello Sport: “The Pjanic operation was concluded with the push of the player, who strongly wanted the transfer to Juventus by activating the release clause he had already stipulated with Roma.

“The player will undergo a medical with us shortly,” Marotta added.

Pjanic, who spent most of his youth in Luxembourg, moved to Roma in 2011 for €11m, where he established himself as one of the best players in Serie A with a knack for scoring spectacular goals.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:05 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus have completed the signing of Miralem Pjanic for £25.4m (€32m) from Roma on a five-year contract.

The Bosnia-Herzegovina midfielder had been linked with Chelsea, where the Italy manager Antonio Conte will take over before the new Premier League season. However he has instead opted to join the Serie A champions.

A statement on the club’s website said: “Juventus Football Club can today confirm that Miralem Pjanic has completed a permanent switch from Roma for a fee of €32m. The 26-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the club.”

Pjanic handed in an official transfer request on Saturday. The player informed Roma that he wished to activate a release clause in his contract that allowed him to leave for a pre-agreed amount, adding that he would pay 20% of the fee himself, with Juventus making up the balance.

The player joined Roma from Lyon in 2011 for €11m and last season scored 10 goals in 33 league appearances, while also providing 12 assists. After spending most of his youth in Luxembourg, he established himself as one of the best players in Serie A with a knack for scoring spectacular goals.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:58 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus have confirmed the signing of Dani Alves on a two-year contract, with the defender given the option to extend the deal by another 12 months.

The Brazilian, who departed Barcelona at the end of last season after eight years at Camp Nou, underwent a medical on Monday morning in Turin and was greeted by hundreds of Bianconeri supporters upon arrival.

He becomes the Serie A champions’ third signing of the summer, following the acquisition of Miralem Pjanic from Roma and Mario Lemina from Marseille.

Alves won 23 trophies at Barcelona, including three Champions Leagues and six La Liga titles, but fell out with the manager, Luis Enrique, last season and was reportedly dropped for a game against Valencia for posting a video impersonating his wife consoling him following the Champions League defeat against Atlético Madrid.

He had been previously linked with a move to England, including Manchester United, but has instead chosen to work with Massimiliano Allegri.

Juve are also fighting for Paul Pogba to remain with the club following interest from Real Madrid, who are said to be willing to make the France midfielder the world’s most expensive player.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:34 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Morocco defender Medhi Benatia is in Italy for a medical as he looks to complete a switch from German champions Bayern Munich to Juventus.

The Italian champions said on their website that he arrived in Turin on Thursday morning.

The club added that "he is carrying out routine tests ahead of a proposed move to Juventus".

It would be a return to Serie A for the 29-year-old after previous spells with Udinese and Roma.

He signed for Bayern in 2014 and made 23 appearances for the German club last season.

He had hinted earlier this year that he would consider his future after Bayern re-signed Germany defender Mats Hummels from rivals Borussia Dortmund

If they're signing Benatia does that mean they might be preparing to cash in on one of the BBC?

Bonucci has been heavily linked with a move to England potentially to join up with Conte at Chelsea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:34 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

As you may have spotted on the Utd thread reports in Italy are they're lining up a move for Higuain which will weaken Napoli significantly they've also weakened Roma by taking Pjanic.

The Higuain deal will potentially involve Rugani, Sturaro, Pereyra and Zaza going to Napoli plus some cash.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Gonzalo Higuaín is close to joining Juventus in a £79m deal, according to reports in Italy, the move from Napoli a strong indication that the Serie A champions are poised to sell Paul Pogba to Manchester United.

The prolific Argentina striker was reported to have undergone a medical in Madrid and Juventus’s offer would trigger Higuaín’s release clause.

Since Juventus would struggle to meet the break clause without the anticipated £105m they are demanding for Pogba, the imminent transfer indicates that José Mourinho is moving ever closer to his prime transfer target.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:33 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Higuain deal done 5 year contract fee is £75m making him the 3rd biggest deal in history

He's 29 next season seems crazy they're committing that money to someone that age

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:02 am 
Major General
Major General

Juve showing muscles and their strong hold in Serie A ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next