AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Borussia Dortmund: Hipster Paradise
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:50 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

BvB hipster no more... based on this year's form I'm not sure I want Hummels any more but LvG might bring him back to his best tbf.

I also would like if he actually took a year off and didn't end up at City.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:41 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Klopp doesn't play the passing style that city want though.

Wouldn't rule out PSG either as they might bin Blanc at the end of the season he could end up at another club in Germany or even Italy.

I'm sure he'll get plenty of offers but it will be tough for him to recreate those first few years at Dortmund where they were brilliant before the squad started getting picked apart by other teams.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan will not renew his contract with the club.

The Germany international's contract expires next summer and Dortmund confirmed he will not extend his stay.

They did not say if the 24-year-old, who has linked with a move to Manchester United, would be sold before he can leave on a free in 2016.

Gundogan joined Dortmund from Nuremberg in 2011 and has won the Bundesliga and the German Cup.

He injured his back on international duty following the 2013 Champions League final defeat by Bayern Munich and required surgery that put him out for a year.

This season he has played 26 times for Dortmund as they have struggled to mid-table in the league.

Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp, who signed Gundogan for the club, is leaving at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:47 am 
Major General
Major General

He is bound to leave Dortmund .. I think he may move to PSG ... Monaco ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:01 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

He's been linked to pretty much every top club in Europe in the last week.

Madrid, Munich & United have all been rumoured.

The days of Monaco spending big cash are over Pak the owner has basically pulled the plug on that hence why Falcao was loaned out

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:54 pm 
Major General
Major General

Or maybe cutting the cost .. They are more rstricted by FFP..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:
Or maybe cutting the cost .. They are more rstricted by FFP..

The French league also force them now to pay a penalty fee because of the tax relief the players get in Monaco so they can't afford to pay mega wages anymore what they're trying to do now is invest in young players develop them and sell them on similar to what Porto do to be self sufficient but also competitive domestically.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:35 pm 
Major General
Major General

But they are not skint as Porto ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:28 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund centre-back Mats Hummels says his poor form last season was down to him being overweight.

After winning the World Cup in the summer, the 26-year-old admitted he over-indulged during his summer break, resulting in a struggle for form which lasted right up until the winter break.

"The first half of last season was probably the worst I have ever played in my life," he told Kicker.

"It felt hefty, and it looked hefty. It was catastrophic for me in terms of my weight.

"I was carrying the weight of eating out of frustration, and since the first half of the season was so frustrating, I got myself caught in a bit of a vicious circle."

Hummels has been working hard this summer to ensure he goes into the new season with a better physique, and in the right condition to help Dortmund avoid the toils that saw them hit the bottom of the Bundesliga in January.

"I actually do weigh less now," he added. "I'm coming back in a totally different condition to 2014.

"I've eaten well and probably run a bit more during my holidays this summer than I did in all the last years added together."

The change of coach at Dortmund this summer, with Thomas Tuchel replacing Jurgen Klopp, has also given Hummels renewed energy.

He admitted that Tuchel convinced him to stay with the club when he was considering leaving, but not by telling him how good he is, but by saying he has got to improve.

"We had a talk during the time when I was still considering my future," Hummels said. "I liked what he said to me and the way in which he said it.

"He told me about all my mistakes. If a coach wants me to stay, then I think it's good that he doesn't just butter things up, but actually tells the truth."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang says he will not be leaving the club in the January transfer window.

Aubameyang, 26, won the Confederation of African Football's player of the year award on Thursday.

He became the first player from Gabon to win the award and has been linked with a move to the Premier League.

However, after beating Yaya Toure to the award, Aubameyang said: "I am staying at Dortmund. I am so happy."

Aubameyang has scored 18 goals in 17 Bundesliga games this season and a total of 68 goals in 119 games since being signed by then-manager Jurgen Klopp from French side St Etienne in 2013.

Gabon president Ali Bongo Ondimba hailed Aubameyang's performances this season as "dazzling intuition" and "an attack of unparalleled velocity".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:21 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
JSP wrote:
Quote:
Gabon president Ali Bongo

:laugh: Great name.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:04 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Serbinator wrote:
JSP wrote:
Quote:
Gabon president Ali Bongo

:laugh: Great name.

haha, he was a magician when I was a kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:07 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Ilkay Gundogan's future remains uncertain with the Germany international mulling over whether to commit his long-term future to Borussia Dortmund.

Gundogan, who has been at Dortmund since 2011, had hinted at leaving the Westfalenstadion last year in the wake of Jurgen Klopp's exit.

A host of European clubs, most notably Manchester United, were reportedly interested in signing Gundogan before he signed a contract extension at Dortmund, tying him to the club until 2017.

"No decision has been taken yet and of course everything has to be thought through because the length of one's career is limited," he told BILD.

"To be honest everything is still open," Gundogan said, adding his next contract would be longer. "I think it will go into that direction. When I sign, it will most likely not be for just a year."

Gundogan has enjoyed a glittering career with Dortmund, winning a Bundesliga and German Cup double in 2012 before scoring in their 2013 Champions League final defeat to Bayern Munich.

He has earned international recognition, winning 16 caps, but missed Germany's 2014 World Cup victory in Brazil when he was sidelined for a year with a back injury.

With the final year of his contract approaching, Gundogan's uncertainty over his future will fuel speculation linking him with a Dortmund exit.

Currently second in the Bundesliga, Dortmund will only receive a transfer fee if they sell the player at the end of this season, with Gundogan able to leave as a free agent in 2017.

Good to see that he's over the injuries will be interesting to see what he does not sure the PL is the right place for him given the volume of games but I'm guessing he'll be heavily linked with moves here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:09 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Mats Hummels says deliberating over his Borussia Dortmund future is giving him sleepless nights amid continued speculation of a move to England this summer.

Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal - along with Barcelona - are reportedly admirers of the Dortmund captain, but no bids have been lodged as yet.

"I've set a date [for my decision], but I'm keeping it to myself," Hummels told Sky Germany. "It's costing me half an hour before bed every night."

Hummels has spent more than seven years at Dortmund after initially joining the eight-time Bundesliga winners on loan from Bayern Munich in 2008.

The Germany international's father, Hermann Hummels, says his son faces a difficult decision regarding his future and admits a return to Bavaria could be on the cards for the Bayern Munich academy graduate.

"Mats is facing a tremendously important decision in his career, in his life," Hummels senior told Bild. "Dortmund is back among the top clubs in Europe, so the decision is so hard for him.

"If he should leave Dortmund, then he goes to one of the five or six top clubs. And to these clubs one is of course FC Bayern."

Unless he has release clauses in his contract a move to Bayern will be very difficult.

A move to the PL is the most likely because they'll have the financial muscle to blow everyone out of the water

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:48 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gündogan will miss Euro 2016 after suffering a dislocated kneecap in training, the club has confirmed.

The 25-year-old, who has been earmarked by the incoming Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola as a potential target for this summer’s transfer window, will also miss the DFB-Pokal final against Bayern Munich at the end of the month.

“Season end and Euro out. Gündogan dislocated his knee cap in training,” Dortmund said on Twitter. “Get well soon.”

Dortmund are five points behind leaders Bayern Munich with two matches left to play in the Bundesliga and have an outside chance at the title.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:26 am 
Major General
Major General

Unlucky .. missed WC 2014 now Euro 2016 ...With kroos Ozil Muller Goetze khadiera Schweinstiger Reus Draxler Schurrle Germany will hardly miss him ..

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund have told injury-hit Manchester City transfer target Ilkay Gundogan to either leave at the end of the season or sign a long-term contract extension.

Bayern Munich announced the signing of Dortmund's captain Mats Hummels on a five-year deal on Tuesday, but Dortmund are looking to keep hold of their other stars as they plan for next season when they will be back in the Champions League.

Gundogan's agent met with City's director of sport Txiki Begiristain in Amsterdam in March and, according to reports in the German media, the deal is set to be finalised at the end of the season.

But the situation has been complicated after Gundogan, who has a year left on his Dortmund contract, dislocated his kneecap in training last week.

The injury has ruled the 25-year-old out of next month's Euro 2016 with Germany and no date has been given as to when he can play again.

"I have spoken to him, he's very down after another serious injury. He knows we'll stand by him," Dortmund's CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke told local newspaper Ruhr Nachrichten.

"There are two options, which we have discussed with Ilkay for a while. Either he leaves or he stays and extends his contract, but it must be long-term."

Gundogan missed most of the 2013-14 season, including Germany's World Cup triumph, with a back injury.

In recent seasons, he has signed only one-year contract extensions, but Dortmund want a longer commitment and Watzke says contract discussions with midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan are ongoing.

Hummels will play his final league game for Dortmund at home to Cologne on Saturday and Watzke says the farewell will have to be handled sensitively.

The Germany centre-back was booed and jeered during Dortmund's previous home game after news first broke that he would join Bayern next season.

Hummels has become the latest Borussia star, after Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski, to join Bayern, but Watzke hopes there will be no more negativity from the Dortmund fans.

"I'd be happy if the whole club showed how big we are," said Watzke. "There is no reason for bitterness. We respect his decision."

Not sure if Gundogan is a starter for Dortmund these days don't watch a huge amount of them but can see why they want him to commit or leave as they need the money to reinvest in the squad.

They have already signed the highly rated Ousmane Dembele from Rennes for next season on a 5 year deal this kid was attracting interest from all the top clubs in Europe he's tipped as the next thing to come out of France some suggesting he's been more impressive in the French League at 18 than Martial was last season at Monaco.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:47 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

They've signed Marc Bartra from Barca for €8m triggering the players release clauses

Clause is low because of the appearances he made last season similar to how they ended up losing Thiago for well under his market value

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:26 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Sebastian Rode has revealed he turned down Tottenham before signing a four-year deal with Borussia Dortmund.

The 25-year-old became Dortmund's fourth signing of the summer on Monday - following Mikel Merino, Ousmane Dembele and Marc Bartra to the Westfalenstadion after making 17 appearances for Bayern Munich last season.

Mauricio Pochettino is keen to bolster Tottenham's midfield having relied heavily on Eric Dier and Mousa Dembele last season - Dembele is suspended for the first four games of next season for his attempted eye gouge on Diego Costa in April.

But the Spurs boss will need to look elsewhere after Rode opted to join the club he supported as a boy, saying coach Thomas Tuchel was crucial in his decision.

Asked if Spurs had made him an offer, Rode told Germany newspaper Bild: "Yes, that's true. And I listened to it, but again: the transfer to BVB was a matter of the heart.

"I've known Tuchel since he was a youth coach at Mainz back when I still played for Offenbacher Kickers.

"I had very, very convincing talk with Tuchel before my signature. My decision that it can only be Dortmund was certain after that."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund have more appeal than Manchester City, according to the Bundesliga club's chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke.

It's not the first time Borussia Dortmund have taken aim at the Premier League club, having sold midfielder Ilkay Gundogan to City in June.

Following the completion of the £21m deal, the German club's statement read: "The midfielder ... will leave the eight-time German champions to join Manchester City, who finished fourth in the Premier League last season."

And Watzke, discussing Dortmund's summer plans ahead of the new season, has followed up with another swipe at Pep Guardiola's new club.

"Simply, there are five clubs in the world who offer more in terms of appeal and financial power," he told reporters.

"But when it comes to appeal, we certainly have more than Manchester City, you can state that clearly."

City are not the only club who have received a sly dig from Dortmund, who finished second behind Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga last season, this summer with Manchester United also on the receiving end of a similar jibe following Henrikh Mkhitaryan's switch to Old Trafford

The official statement confirming that move read: "[Mkhitaryan wanted] to join the team who finished fifth in the Premier League last season."

Take that Man City let that one burn I'm sure they give a flying f*ck.

Dortmund are really starting to get a bit bitter about losing players but in their defence they've done great work this summer signing up top young talent from all over Europe to rebuild again.

Will be interesting to see if they can topple a Pep-less Bayern next season

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next