It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Borussia Dortmund: Hipster Paradise
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think they've earnt their own thread

Quote:
Robert Lewandowski will not be making his anticipated move to Bayern Munich, the European Cup winners and Bundesliga champions, in this transfer window, according to the Borussia Dortmund's chief executive officer Hans-Joachim Watzke.

Bayern, who have just completed a treble-winning season, were fully expected to poach Lewandowski after already persuading the Dortmund midfielder Mario Götze to join them next season.

"Robert Lewandowski will definitely not transfer to Bayern Munich in 2013," Watzke told Bild newspaper. "This is final. We have informed Robert and his advisers. The Bayern case is closed because there was no written offer."

Dortmund, who won consecutive league titles from 2011 with Lewandowski but lost 2-1 to Bayern at Wembley in May, appeared to have little choice but to sell the player after he refused to extend a contract that ends next year.

Last week, the Poland international said he expects to move to his "club of choice" in a few days, but Watzke said Bayern never made a formal offer.

"It is absolutely legitimate for a player to express such a wish," Watzke added. "There were two phone calls in the past four weeks with Bayern. We told Bayern that due to stock exchange rules [Dortmund are a listed company] we need a written offer for Lewandowski. But until today, no offer has come in. If Robert wants to go to Munich he will have another chance next year."

Watzke, however, did not rule out the prospect of Lewandowski leaving for another club. "I am not saying he will definitely stay but he will certainly not be playing for Bayern in 2013," Watzke said. "Everything else will be discussed with Robert and his advisers in the coming days. Our wish is for Robert to play for Borussia Dortmund next season."

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Borussia Dortmund: Hipster Paradise
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:52 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
The gates of Old Trafford are open for you Robert :fonz:

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I would imagine he'll just sit out his final year and go to Bayern next summer as I imagine through his agent they'll give him assurances that they will sign him next summer regardless of what happens this summer.

Not sure if it's right but I heard his wages on his current contract are only £20k a week :ohmy: which make him great value for Dortmund

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:02 pm 
Major General
Major General

If he's "only" on £20k a week then that's just crazy. No wonder he doesn't plan to sign a new deal there, he could easily got £100k a week if he moves on.

I would honestly love to see him come to United, think he's a superb player and if (big if I know) Rooney were going, and with rumours of Hernandez being used as bait in a deal to bring a certain Portuguese back to Old Trafford then we need another front man.

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:44 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Well Dortmund can offer him some big wages now to try and make him stay as their revenue has shot up but I think he just wants to move on to the next level.

I like the look of him but he plays a similar game to RVP in the same position and I don't think you could put them both on the pitch together in big games which would give us a similar problem to one we currently have with Rooney/RVP.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:43 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund's general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke now insists Robert Lewandowski will not leave this summer.

The coveted Pole has already made his feelings clear that he expects to move to Bayern Munich next season, but Watzke has denied having given the striker his word that he can move.

With a switch within the Bundesliga ruled out until his contract expires in 2014, speculation had mounted that he would instead be tempted by a move abroad.

Spain and England had both been rumoured as destinations, with Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City most strongly linked with the 24-year-old.

But Watzke says they too would be wasting their time trying to lure him away from Westphalia.

"Robert will definitely be playing for Borussia Dortmund next season," he told Germany's Suddeutsche Zeitung newspaper. "We need this security to be able to plan (for the season)."

Lewandowski has scored 54 goals in 98 Bundesliga appearances for Dortmund and became the first player to score four goals in a semi-final of the Champions League when he single-handedly dismantled Real Madrid.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:02 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund have completed the signing of the Newcastle target Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from St-Etienne for an undisclosed fee.

Aubameyang, a 24-year-old Gabon international, has agreed a contract with the Champions League finalists until summer 2018.

"We are very pleased that in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang we were able to sign a player we really wanted," said the Dortmund sporting director, Michael Zorc. "He is offensively very versatile, has a lot of pace in his game, is a threat in front of goal and will provide us with more options."

Aubameyang had been tracked by Newcastle for at least the past year and had spoken of them as "a good club" with a "monumental stadium".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Liverpool look set to miss out on one of their prime transfer targets this summer with Henrikh Mkhitaryan likely to join Borussia Dortmund instead. The German club sent a delegation to Donetsk on Friday with the chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke and the sporting director Michael Zorc reportedly striking a deal believed to be worth €25m (£21.5m) for the midfielder to join the Champions League runners-up.

Brendan Rodgers had earmarked the Armenian as a key recruitment this summer but it now appears that he will have to look elsewhere to strengthen his midfield. There was no news on whether the player had agreed personal terms with Dortmund but the German club have money to spend after selling Mario Götze for €37m to Bayern Munich and Watzke said recently that the club may spend up to €50m this summer.

Dortmund have already signed the defender Sokratis from Werder Bremen for around €8m and the striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from St Etienne for €13m.

Liverpool have so far brought in Luis Alberto (Sevilla), Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo), Simon Mignolet (Sunderland) and Kolo Touré on a free transfer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:38 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp believes star striker Robert Lewandowski will be a Bayern Munich player the season after next.

Lewandowski's future has been the source of much speculation over the last few months, with a host of Europe's leading clubs coveting the prolific Poland international.

For a while it looked as though Lewandowski, whose contract at the Westfalenstadion runs out in 2014, was destined to join Bayern once the recently-completed campaign was over, but Dortmund have ruled out selling the 24-year-old to any team - domestic or foreign - this summer.

However, Klopp feels it is only a matter of time before Lewandowski, who has also been linked with Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City, will be seen in Bayern colours.

"I believe it's a fact that Robert Lewandowski will move to Bayern after the coming season," Klopp told German newspaper Welt am Sonntag.

"Now it's about this: how do we build in the time until then? That is our concern, and it is our duty to our fans and members to take care that in the coming season we also have a more than competitive team.

"Up until a certain point we were ready to talk, concerning Robert's desire for change. But as nothing happened in this time, we had to say at some point: That is no longer happening.

"And now we want to prove that we can develop, with a quality player like Robert, in the coming year. Our results in the coming season are the most important thing. And with Robert I know that he also sees it like that."

Lewandowski has scored 54 goals in 98 Bundesliga appearances for Dortmund and became the first player to score four goals in a semi-final of the Champions League when he single-handedly dismantled Real Madrid.

He was unable to fire Dortmund to victory in the final, though, as Bayern claimed a 2-1 win at Wembley thanks to a last-gasp Arjen Robben goal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:02 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Robert Lewandowski has confirmed he has accepted Borussia Dortmund's decision not to allow him to join Bayern Munich this summer.

The Poland international is expected to join Bayern in 12 months' time when his contract expires, but reports claimed the striker was keen to push through a deal this year.

Dortmund's recent signing of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from St Etienne prompted fresh speculation that Lewandowski could be sold in the current transfer window.

However, Dortmund have been adamant that the 24-year-old will not be sold and Lewandowski will spend the coming season with Jurgen Klopp's side.

"I have to accept that I am under contract with Borussia Dortmund and therefore I have to remain a player of the club," Lewandowski told BILD.

Dortmund's general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke has welcomed Lewandowski's comments regarding his short-term future.

"It's great to hear that," said Watzke. "Generally, we never had any doubts regarding the good character of Robert."

Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge stated last week that the Bundesliga champions would have been prepared to discuss a deal this summer, but understood Dortmund's stance.

Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp also confirmed earlier this month that he fully expects Lewandowski to move to the Allianz Arena in 2014, but was focusing on how he can develop his team with the player this season.

With that news assuming he keeps his head down and plays well are looking in very good shape to challenge Bayern properly next season.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:49 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke has expressed understanding for Robert Lewandowski's frustration.

Lewandowski, who is widely expected to join the European champions when his contract expires in a year's time, said after the weekend Supercup 4-2 win over Bayern that he was happy still to be a Dortmund player as he gets on well with his team-mates - but not so much with certain other members of the club.

Watzke told the Bild newspaper that such a feeling was to be expected.

"Obviously he's referring to me," he said. "But I have got to make decisions for the good of this club.

"I can fully accept that Robert is a bit frustrated."

Dortmund have also received offers from other European clubs for the Poland striker, but the player has his heart set on joining Bayern and has turned down a move to any other club and is now expected to see out the final year on his contract with Dortmund.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Ilkay Gundogan's father is eager for the midfielder to extend his contract at Borussia Dortmund beyond his current deal.

The Bundesliga outfit are understood to be keen for the 22-year-old midfielder to sign a new deal beyond 2015.

Germany international Gundogan, who joined the club from Nuremberg two years ago, enjoyed a successful run in the side last season.

He played an influential role during their run to the Champions League final and scored from the spot against Bayern Munich at Wembley in their 2-1 defeat.

"I am keen to ensure he (Ilkay) remains with Borussia Dortmund," father and agent Irfan told Kicker Sportmagazin.

"He is doing fine so it's a bit early to move to a club in England or Spain at this point in time.

"Borussia Dortmund will be coming up with an offer of a new contract soon. We will be able to oversee things much better then."

Meanwhile, BVB sporting director Michael Zorc told Westdweutche Allgermeine Zeitung newspaper: "We are keen to sign new terms with Ilkay Gundogan.

"I am able to confirm that we have held talks with his father Irfan and we feel confident he will sign."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:39 am 
Major General
Major General

Can we have him :shrug:

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski insists he is fully committed to the club after a long-running transfer saga.

The 24-year-old Poland star missed out on a move to European champions and domestic rivals Bayern Munich and will remain at the Westfalenstadion for the final year of his contract.

But Lewandowski, who notched 24 Bundesliga goals last term and netted a further 10 during Dortmund's run to the Champions League final, is adamant he will be as focused as ever on the pitch.

Speaking after landing the German Super Cup with a 4-2 win over Bayern, he told Bild: "I hope this is not the last title.

"I will give everything I've got for Dortmund. It does not matter what happened. I am not interested about that on the pitch.

"When I am out on the pitch, then Dortmund is all I think about. I want to give it all I've got and be successful."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:33 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund have confirmed striker Robert Lewandowski has been given a pay rise but is not about to agree an extended deal with the club.

The Poland international was heavily linked with a move to Bundesliga rivals Bayern Munich this summer but is now expected to see out the final year of his contract at the Westfalenstadion.

The 24-year-old is still believed to be keen on a Dortmund exit and told the Polish media earlier this month that he felt "cheated" out of a transfer to Bayern.

Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has now confirmed the player has been given a pay rise to reflect his "sporting value" but stresses that the player has not agreed a new contract.

"We have been looking into the situation of Robert together with his agent," Watzke told Bild.

"I am not here to tell details, but this has always been the case and will remain so. Just like it usually is in this business.

"One result of this [the talks] is, of course, that we have updated the wages of Robert.

"We had planned this months ago and Robert's wages are now up to his sporting value."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:30 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Robert Lewandowski has resolved his differences with Borussia Dortmund over a failed transfer to Bayern Munich in the close season after being given a reported pay rise of £3m.

Lewandowski was desperate to join the treble winners but the deal fell through after Dortmund blocked the transfer, saying he had a contract until 2014. The Poland striker was also linked with Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City.

However, Dortmund, who lost out to Bayern in the Bundesliga, the German Cup quarter-finals and the Champions League final last season, will not receive any transfer fee if Lewandowski leaves as a free agent after his deal expires next year.

"The situation is now that I will stay in Dortmund for one more year," Lewandowski told Sport Bild magazine. "We have put aside all disagreements and have cleared the air. There were mistakes made but the case is closed.

"I had a different starting point. I thought I was allowed to transfer. I was then disappointed and angry. But now everything is calm. I have always said I would respect my contract."

Dortmund also said they gave the forward a pay rise last week based on last season's performances.

"It is true that we have adapted his remunerations to his sporting contribution," the Dortmund general manager, Hans-Joachim Watzke, said. "We had intended for months to do that."

German media reported his salary was up from €1.5m (£1.3m) to €5.0m (£4.3m) annually.

The Poland international enjoyed a sensational season, scoring 24 league goals and adding another 10 in the Champions League, including four in one game against Real Madrid.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:33 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

They have given him a payrise but he hasn't signed an extension? Wtf.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:39 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Guess they're just trying to motivate him to get his head down and get on with it to help Dortmund win the trophies and not Bayern.

It seems like a strange gesture but for such a good player he's on a stupidly low wage this I guess is just a way of stopping him from moping around and being sulky.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:23 am 
Major General
Major General

It may also mean that Bayern end up spending more on his wages when he signs for them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:27 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Well the rumours are that he has already agreed a deal with Bayern for next summer it's all in place he just needs to wait until he can legally sign it.

If he has another season like he has for the last 2 he could go down as one of the best bosman deals in history