AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Borussia Dortmund: Hipster Paradise
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:48 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
But if Bayern offered him £80k a week and Dortmund have now put him on £80k a week is he not going to ask Bayern for more? Just a thought.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:32 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski claims to have no agreement with Bayern Munich and is a fan of the Premier League.

With his current deal set to expire at the end of the season, the Poland international is free to sign pre-contract terms with a new employer in January.

It is possible that Dortmund will look to offload him during the winter window, rather than see him walk away on a free.

Speculation has suggested that a switch to Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich is virtually guaranteed, with both sides having expressed a willingness to work together.

Lewandowski is, however, adamant that nothing has been put in place as yet and admits he would like to play in England at some stage - with Manchester rivals United and City having courted his services in the recent past.

The 25-year-old, who has netted 66 goals in the last two season and nine in nine appearances this term, told the Daily Telegraph: "I will be able to sign a contract in January, but I have never said that I will sign a contract with Bayern.

"It was a misunderstanding. It is true I had the opportunity to speak with Sir Alex Ferguson (last year), but we didn't mention the transfer.

"One day I would like to play in the Premier League. It would be a great experience."

Proposal

Lewandowski came close to joining Blackburn Rovers in 2010, but Sam Allardyce missed out on his signature as Dortmund stole in to lure him away from Lech Poznan.

He added: "There was a proposal from Blackburn.

"I even spoke with the former manager. In the end, I decided that Dortmund gave me a better chance of development as a footballer."

For now, Lewandowski's focus is locked on the England national side, with Poland due at Wembley on Tuesday for a contest which could see them wreck Roy Hodgson's dream of securing automatic qualification for Brazil 2014.

Lewandowski said: "We know all about this England team and the whole team is very dangerous. As always, we have to watch out for Wayne Rooney. It's not only the task for defenders, but for the whole team, and it will be a very hard match.

"We won't be favourites and we don't stand a chance of going through, but we want to go to Wembley and allow our supporters a little fun.

"I don't know why we have good players at top clubs but we don't have a team who can play ruthless football and kill teams off. In qualification, victories and points are the most important things, not the style of play."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:57 pm 
Major General
Major General

Some old quotes in there! Journalism at worst?!

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Klopp has signed a contract extension until 2018.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:12 pm 
Major General
Major General

Fantastic young manager and i alwayz admire his attacking philosophy.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:30 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund have developed a smart marketing strategy by selling the shirts of a former player, putting them on sale and overwriting the name with their new signing.

The 2013 Champions League finalists started a sale this week in order to get rid of old No. 10 Mario Goetze jerseys following his move to Bayern Munich in the summer. Dortmund put them on the shelves for only 29 euros when they were previously 85 euros, according to German tabloid Bild.

But the club also put a twist on the offer by adding a huge yellow sticker on the back with new signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan's name on it.

The Armenia international joined Dortmund as Goetze's replacement and took his old number, but never wore the 2012-2013 jersey, giving Dortmund fans an incentive to snap them up.

Despite receiving 37 million euros from Bayern for the sale of Goetze, it appears that Dortmund are still finding clever ways to cash in on the 21-year-old.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund star Robert Lewandowski has confirmed that he has decided who he will be playing for next season.

The Polish star has long been linked to Bayern Munich and he is widely expected to move to the Allianz Arena next summer.

Last month, Lewandowski stated he still has a desire to play in England and that he was yet to choose his next club, but he now says that his decision has been made.

"I will reveal my future next year. No one needs to get in touch with me anymore," he told Sport-BILD weekly.

"I have decided what I am to do. I simply want to have a new challenge next season, despite the fact I am feeling very, very happy being at Borussia Dortmund."

The 25-year-old joined Borussia in 2010, but he is out of contract at the end of the season, meaning he is able to leave on a free transfer in the summer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:29 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund have confirmed Germany international Marco Reus does have a release clause in his contract.

Reus joined Dortmund in the summer of 2012 after the club activated a clause in his contract at former team Borussia Monchengladbach.

He enjoyed an impressive debut season with Jurgen Klopp's side and he has continued to prosper at the Westfalenstadion this term.

Reports have claimed that the likes of Arsenal, Barcelona, Manchester United and Paris St Germain are all weighing up big-money bids for the attacker.

Now Dortmund executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has acknowledged there is a clause in Reus' contract, with reports putting the figure in the region of €35million (£29.4m).

"Marco Reus possesses a release clause option in his current contract at our club," Watzke told SPORT1media. "He could leave our club due to that.

"He is, however, the only player in our first-team squad that has such a contract clause."

Reus' contract runs until 2017 and speculation has claimed that Dortmund want to hand the 24-year-old a pay rise to remove the release clause.

Gentlemen start your engines this lad is ridiculously good and would improve pretty much any side.

That said Dortmund are apparently looking to negotiate a new contract with him that removes this clause and if they offer him a decent wedge I think he'll probably stay.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:45 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan has left the side's winter training camp in La Manga and returned to Germany due to illness.

The 23-year-old, who has been injured over recent months with a back problem, returned to training in Spain before being hit with bronchitis.

Team doctor Dr. Markus Braun told www.bundesliga.de: "Ilkay is already on the road to recovery. Seeing as he wouldn't have taken part in team training here in Spain anyway, we decided together that he would fly back to Germany, where we can better cater to his medical needs,"

Midfielder Nuri Sahin will also have a couple of days away from training after he broke his nose during a session on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:56 pm 
Major General
Major General

Reus is seriously smashing player but i dont see him leaving anysoon he loves the club and his recent cimments on goetze and lewadownski suggest it will be very hard to price him away from hipsters.

I dont watch Bundesliga but i have read some reviews in recent times and peopke thinks he is as good as Reus and one read suggest he was best pkayer in bundesliga since he broke/injured.

After thiago cinematics last summer i wont believe single word coming out of rumours mill.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:55 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Reus I don't think would move within Germany as he's obviously a Dortmund fan as well as a player but I think there might come a time when will want a new challenge playing somewhere else in Europe. The challenge for Dortmund is to keep the money coming in to pay a player like Reus a competitive wage in a competitive team that is challenging for trophies on a regular basis this season has gone up in smoke in the league because of injuries and also Bayern being relentless and hardly dropping points.

Quote:
Ji Dong-Won has agreed a four-year deal to join Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund in the summer - a day after leaving Sunderland for Augsburg.

The South Korea international, 22, left the Premier League strugglers for an undisclosed fee on Thursday to join Augsburg until the end of the season.

And within 24 hours it was announced he will join Bundesliga rivals Dortmund on a free transfer in July.

Ji looks set to replace Bayern Munich-bound Robert Lewandowski.

The Poland striker, 25, agreed a five-year deal with German and European champions Bayern earlier this month.

"Dong-Won Ji is a professional who can play in several positions across the attack," said Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc.

"We're delighted to be getting this talented player on a free transfer in time for the new season."

Ji signed for Sunderland in June 2011, scoring just two goals in 28 appearances. He netted five times in 17 appearances during a six-month loan spell with Augsburg last year.

Sunderland, who during the summer rejected a £5m bid for Ji from an unnamed German side, reported to be Dortmund, allowed him to rejoin eighth-placed Augsburg for an undisclosed fee.

Last season's Bundesliga runners-up Dortmund, who were beaten by Bayern in the Champions League final at Wembley, are fourth in the current table, 12 points adrift of Pep Guardiola's leaders.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:28 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has confirmed the club have offered midfield star Ilkay Gundogan a new contract.

The 23-year-old has just over 12 months left on his current deal and a host of clubs from around Europe are being strongly linked with a move for the Germany international.

Manchester United are one of those reported to be monitoring his situation, but Dortmund are hopeful of agreeing fresh terms.

Gundogan is currently sidelined through injury and his father Irfan has stated that his main focus was on returning to fitness and sealing a place in Germany's World Cup squad.

But Dortmund want a new deal finalised before he possibly departs for Brazil this summer.

Watzke told Sport-BILD weekly: "Ilkay Gundogan is an important player of our squad we want to keep at our club.

"We have submitted a contract offer to Ilkay Gundogan and we are expecting to hear from him about it.

"And we are certainly not going to need to wait until the summer to see him reply."

I think he'll sign a new contract it's been a tough season for him with all the injuries but they fact they're offering him a new deal while he's injured will probably be enough to convince him to sign.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:39 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund have activated an option they had to sign Nuri Sahin on a permanent contract at the end of the season.

The Turkey midfielder is currently on loan with the Bundesliga club from Real Madrid until the summer, but agreement has been reached on a pre-determined fee for the move to become permanent.

Dortmund have now decided to complete the permanent transfer of the former Liverpool man, who will not now be returning to Spain in the summer.

"We informed the Real Madrid management of our intentions to take the option on him during our Champions League quarter-final tie with them," general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke said to the Ruhr Nachrichten newspaper.

Sahin, who was born close to Dortmund in Ludenscheid, has not missed a single Bundesliga game for the club this season, establishing himself at the heart of the midfield in his second spell for the Westphalians.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:14 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund ace Marco Reus is remaining coy on his future and refused to confirm if he had been offered a new deal.

Reus, who is thought to be a possible target for Manchester United, is reported to have been offered a new deal to extend his stay at Dortmund to ward off any potential suitors.

The 24-year-old has two years to run on his current deal at Dortmund with reports suggesting he has a €35million (£28million) buyout clause, which becomes active in 2015 in the contract.

The German international refused to be drawn on his contract situation, but insisted he is happy with life at the Westfalenstadion.

"I'm not saying anything about my contract," Reus told Bild.

"But I do have the time to emphasise how good I feel at Dortmund."

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:46 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Marco Reus has seemingly ruled out a summer move to Manchester United by insisting he is staying with Borussia Dortmund for next season.

United have been strongly linked with a move for the 24-year-old international forward, who is heading to the World Cup finals this summer.

Reus joined Dortmund in 2012, and has lived up to his billing at the Signal Iduna Parl with 30 goals and 25 assists in his 62 matches for Dortmund.

He has a release clause of €35million and has been tipped as the next big-name departure from Dortmund, but he does not see it like that.

"It's safe to say I will be playing for Borussia Dortmund also in the 2014/2015 season," he told Kicker-Sportmagazin.

"Basically I do not need to stress all the time that I am feeling great being with the club.

"As far as leaving (Borussia Dortmund) that is no issue for me, and I am not affected by it (the transfer release clause)."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:36 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The Italy striker Ciro Immobile, who was top scorer in Serie A this season, has signed a five-year contract with Borussia Dortmund.

Immobile, who has been included in his country’s squad for the World Cup in Brazil, joined Juventus in 2009 before being loaned out to several clubs. He scored 22 goals in 33 league games for Torino this term under a co-ownership deal with Juve.

“In Ciro Immobile we have a flexible and dynamic forward who has been impressive in one of Europe’s top leagues,” Dortmund’s sports director, Michael Zorc, said on Monday. “With his outstanding qualities he fits our profile demand.”

Dortmund, runners-up to Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga this season, have already signed the forward Adrian Ramos from Hertha Berlin as they look to fill the hole left by Poland’s Robert Lewandowski, who joined Bayern in the close season.

Dortmund’s coach, Jürgen Klopp, has had to replace several squad members in recent seasons as domestic and European success has seen players such as Shinji Kagawa, Nuri Sahin and Mario Götze snapped up by bigger clubs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:52 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund have insisted there is no chance of Marco Reus leaving the club this summer following fresh reports linking him to Barcelona.

Reus has reportedly been on the radar of Manchester United for some time but speculation over a move to Old Trafford had cooled after he stated last month that he was expecting to stay with Dortmund for next season.

However, Spanish newspaper reports on Monday suggested that Barcelona and Reus have already agreed a deal on personal terms to take the midfielder to the Nou Camp.

Dortmund have moved quickly to dispel the latest rumours, though, with sporting director Michael Zorc adamant that the 25-year-old will not be going anywhere.

"I can definitely rule out a transfer this summer," Zorc said, quoted by Bild.

Reus has a contract with Dortmund until 2017 but reportedly has a release clause of €35million which can be triggered from the summer of 2015.

The Germany international has been ruled out of the upcoming World Cup in Brazil after suffering an ankle injury against Armenia on Friday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:06 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund’s chief executive has accused his opposite number at Bayern Munich of deliberately attempting to unsettle Marco Reus.

A statement on the German club’s website from Hans-Joachim Watzke released on Wednesday states that his counterpart Karl-Heinz Rummenigge’s recent comments about the Germany international Reus “is only going to further damage an already tense relationship between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich”.

In an interview with the German newspaper Bild last week, Rummenigge was quoted as saying that Reus – who was forced to miss the World Cup with torn ankle ligaments – has a €25m (£19.8m) release clause in his contract, before adding in another interview with ESPN that the 25-year-old is a “very interesting player” and that his release clause is “dangerous”.

“Borussia Dortmund has noted with some irritation that Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is currently discussing internal BVB matters in a three-day rhythm in the media,” read the statement.“We are sure that it is quite clear to anybody interested in football what intentions lie behind such remarks. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is also fully aware that his behaviour is only going to further damage an already tense relationship between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich.

“Naturally as employers, we are going to continue to follow our principles in future and not discuss any details of our employees’ contracts in public.”

Reus is not expected to feature in next week’s Super Cup clash with Bayern as he continues his rehabilitation but is confident of making his comeback soon. “I’m even a bit ahead of schedule so [hopefully] it can continue like this,” he told the German newspaper Kicker. Liverpool have also been linked with a move for Reus, who scored 16 goals in the Bundesliga last season.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Mats Hummels has said he is not tempted to move to Manchester United or any other club, adding that what he has at Borussia Dortmund “is truly unique”. The defender, who joined on loan from Bayern Munich in 2008 and then permanently the following year, added that if he moves abroad, it will not be because of money.

Speaking to Bundesliga Magazin International, out this week, he was asked whether he was tempted by interest from Manchester United, Real Madrid or Barcelona. “It’s nice to hear that big clubs like that are interested in you,” he said. “I take that as a compliment but it doesn’t influence me in any way, otherwise. We earn enough here in Dortmund.

“There will always be someone who can pay more than BVB but Dortmund have made a lot of progress during my time here. In any case I believe it’s enough for me. If one day I start thinking about playing abroad, money won’t be the reason. I don’t even think about that at the moment. We still have so much further to go here.”

Hummels, who won the World Cup with Germany in Brazil, was linked with a move to Manchester United in the summer but makes it clear he sees himself staying at Dortmund for the rest of his career, citing the examples of Paolo Maldini and Steven Gerrard as players who have had successful careers at one club.

“There are some [who stay at one club for their whole careers], and they are all really great players. Paolo Maldini of Milan, for example, or Steven Gerrard. I would have been so happy for him if he had won the championship with Liverpool. [Lionel] Messi always plays for Barcelona. Bastian Schweinsteiger and Thomas Müller, too, will perhaps play in Munich for ever.”

The 25-year-old added that any player from the team who won the Bundesliga title in 2012 could have joined clubs who pay more but the fact most of them stayed has ensured they have created a special atmosphere at the club.

“People often speak about the Dortmund ‘project’ in that context but I don’t really like that word,” Hummels said. “It’s too unemotional and sounds so technical. I’ve been here for six and a half years and it’s simply more exciting and more difficult to win trophies as an underdog.

“Everybody can win things with 25 superstars in the squad. At BVB, every single player has more responsibility but also more opportunity. It’s difficult to win trophies with Dortmund but it’s always possible. And when it happens, the feeling is simply indescribable.

“When we won the championship for a second time in 2012, each one of us could have gone wherever we wanted. But I thought: ‘No, what we have here is something truly unique.’ I’m happy I felt this way. You don’t often find a team where people are really friends with each other. If you’ve got the chance to play at such a high level with your mates you have to hold on to that for as long as possible.”

Great news for Dortmund and fair play to Hummels

Still won't stop the press here linking him to Utd every few weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:47 pm 
Major General
Major General

Some smashing talking.. LVG needs to find a good CB from somewhere ..Hummels wont be moving on any sooner ..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next