AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: München Bünchen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:34 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bayern Munich midfielder Arturo Vidal says he rejected the chance to move to Manchester United last summer.

Vidal, 28, helped Juventus win a fourth straight Serie A title before moving to Bayern in July, despite reported interest from Old Trafford.

The Chile international, who also spent four years in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen, said he could not turn down the opportunity to play for Bayern boss Pep Guardiola.

"Yes, there was a chance to come to England," Vidal told The Times. "It was last summer, and at one point, we thought that is what would happen.

"I liked the opportunity that they had offered me, but eventually it did not happen and I chose to come to Bayern. There are always many teams around that go to my agent.

"I wanted to come to a team this strong and to a project that is so ambitious. I feel very happy.

"It helped that I knew what the country was like and what the people were like."

Vidal has made 22 league appearances for Bayern this season, scoring twice, after joining the club for 37m euros (£28.9m) in July.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:51 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
JSP wrote:
Always remember the rumour years back that Utd walked away from a deal for Lewendowski after hearing RVP wanted to come at the time we were negotiating a double deal for Lewendowski & Kagawa to come in but Fergie pulled the plug on the Lewendowski deal when RVP said he wanted to come to Utd. Short term the right decision but long term obviously it wasn't. That said if he had come Madrid would just be trying to buy him off us instead :laugh:

He also was in talks to sign for Blackburn before he signed for Dortmund. He was due to go watch a game before signing, but the ash cloud thing meant his flight was cancelled. Dortmund then came in and snapped him up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:41 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Sounds like he's dodged 2 bullets then

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:05 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has signed a new five-year deal with Bayern Munich.

World Cup winner Neuer's previous deal was to expire in 2019, and he follows team-mates Jerome Boateng, Thomas Muller, David Alaba and Javi Martinez in committing to the club until 2021.

The Germany international, 30, has won three Bundesliga titles, two German Cups and the Champions League since joining Bayern from Schalke in 2011.

The Bavarians beat Werder Bremen 2-0 in their German Cup semi-final on Tuesday and will play the winner of Wednesday's game between Hertha Berlin and Borussia Dortmund in the final.

They have a seven-point lead over Dortmund at the top of the Bundesliga with four games left and play Atletico Madrid in the Champions League semi-finals.

This season will be Guardiola's last at the club before he takes over at Manchester City, with former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti succeeding him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Bargain!

Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United target Mats Hummels is set to become the latest Borussia Dortmund star to join arch rivals Bayern Munich.

Hummels has been linked with numerous Premier League clubs in the last two summer transfer markets and United reportedly had a bid rejected for him last year.

Liverpool, managed by Hummels' former Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp, as well as Arsenal were understood be readyin mega offers for the 27-year-old but it now appears he is on his way to the Allianz Arena.

According to Bild, Bayern have agreed a fee of around £23m for Hummels, who will follow in the footsteps of Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski by leaving Dortmund for Bayern.

The news will come as a major blow to the Premier League trio, who are all in desperate need of defensive reinforcements this summer following disappointing domestic campaigns.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/blow-arse ... GJR60Lo.99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Unless he's got a release clause you'd have to assume that all the PL clubs who would be interested could blow them out of the water in terms of a fee but he's an ex Bayern boy so there might be something in the old deal for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:03 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke says he expects Germany defender Mats Hummels to join Bayern Munich next season.

Watzke is battling to keep Hummels at Borussia and the club captain is one of three stars - alongside Ilkay Gundogan and Henrikh Mkhitaryan - who are out of contract in June 2017.

Gundogan is likely to join Manchester City next season. His agent met City's director of sport Txiki Begiristain in Amsterdam last month, while reports in the media claim a five-year contract has already been signed.

Hummels has admitted he is weighing up an offer, most likely from Bayern, while Mkhitaryan has been linked to Chelsea, although he is the one most likely to stay.

Watzke says he expects to lose some, but not all three of his stars: "I don't believe that we will have all contracts extended and that all three will play here next year," Watzke told Sky Deutschland.

"But it is completely out of the question that all three won't play for Borussia Dortmund next season."

Hummels joined Dortmund from Bayern in 2008 after failing to break into the Bavarians' first team. Having already lost Robert Lewandowski to Bayern Munich on a free transfer in 2014, after Mario Gotze had left for Bayern in 2013, Dortmund are eager to avoid seeing Hummels follow suit, but Watzke is realistic.

"I believe that if he (Hummels) goes, it will be in the direction of Munich," said Watzke. "He still has unfinished business with the club. His father, his mother and his brother all live in Munich.

"His girlfriend comes from Munich, he's from Munich too - so a whole lot of components have already come together."

Watzke says he can understand Hummels' deliberations: "We have to accept when someone like Mats, who has already played for Borussia Dortmund for eight years, is 27 and would come to think: 'Am I going to play for Borussia Dortmund for my entire career, or will I do something else?'"

However, the Borussia chief told Munich-based newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung he would "fight for Mat, like I have never before fought for a player."

Watzke said Bayern - or any other club - would have to "dig really deep in their pockets" to sign Hummels, who has a market value of 32 million euros (£25million).

One Bayern star Watzke would like to see playing in the Black and Yellow shirt again is Germany's World Cup winner Gotze, who left in 2013 for £32m, but has failed to make an impact in Munich.

"He came up through the youth teams and he is highly regarded - also by me personally," said Watzke. "If he came on the market and we received a signal that he was interested to come back to us, we'd discuss it."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels has told his club he wants to join Bundesliga rivals Bayern Munich this summer.

The 27-year-old Germany international, who has recently been linked with summer moves to Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal, is under contract until 2017.

"So far, Bayern Munich has not made an offer," Dortmund said in a statement.

Hummels started his career at Bayern Munich before joining Dortmund in 2009.

He has made 44 appearances for the club this season.

Should Hummels join Bayern he will become the third player to make such a move in the last three years after midfielder Mario Gotze in 2013 and striker Robert Lewandowski in 2014.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:54 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Hummels roundly booed

http://talksport.com/football/watch-bor ... -wolfsburg

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:38 am 
Major General
Major General

What else do u expect .. Lewadonski Goetze (may return back to dortmund) now HUmmels ...

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola has accused a dressing-room mole of damaging the club.

Alleged details of rows that happened behind closed doors after the team’s Champions League exit at the hands of Atlético Madrid were leaked to the German media.

On Friday it was reported that Guardiola, who will join Manchester City this summer, vented anger at Bayern’s physios and medical department. According to Bild newspaper, he nearly came to blows with his physios, accusing them of taking too long to get his players fit again after injury and asking how Atlético managed to get Diego Godín back so quickly while he still has to cope without such leading players as Arjen Robben.

When asked about the reported dispute at a press conference on Friday, Guardiola did not deny it had happened, saying that somebody is out to hurt him. “Usually what happens inside the dressing room remains inside the dressing room,” he said. “Whoever has spoken has done it to hit me. But I’m not here next season anyway so it’s not my problem, but Bayern’s. It’s happened plenty of times over these past three years.

“It’s normal for me to talk to my players and staff and give them my opinion, but there are people here who are talking because they want to hurt me. Maybe this person will still be here next season and clearly they haven’t realised that they are not damaging me, but the club and the team. I won’t be here, so it’s the club’s problem.”

Guardiola was equally unhappy with what he expects to be the German media’s impression of his three years in charge.

Bayern need to beat Ingolstadt to secure the Bundesliga title with a game to spare and ensure that Guardiola lands the trophy in each season of his reign. But a failure to emulate his predecessor Jupp Heynckes, who won a league, cup and Champions League treble in his final season, means Guardiola may not ultimately be revered for his three years in Bavaria.

“I’ve done my best here,” he said. “But if you say that I had to win the Champions League, then I have failed. Go ahead and write that I have failed.”

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:29 am 
Major General
Major General

Its not the first time he has vent out his anger for physios medical staff .. People like to poke at jose but it looks like Guardiola is not so different ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:24 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sanches gone to Munich

nice one Ed :snigger:

Maybe LVG is staying so Mendes is sticking two fingers up to united.

Manchester United have missed out on Portuguese sensation Renato Sanches , with the Benfica starlet having agreed a €35million move to Bayern Munich .

The 18-year-old has enjoyed a meteoric rise at the Stadium of Light this term, and is set for a place in the Portugal squad this summer.

Sanches scored against Bayern in the Champions League quarter-final back in April and now Die Roten have made him their first signing of the summer.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:29 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

F*cking Bayern Munich out of nowhere stealing a player for way less than we were reported to being prepared to pay.

Done deal at 35m euro according to ESPN.

The obvious thing to say is at no point did Utd confirm or deny any interest in the player so who knows how far we went with it and if Bayern have come in is it really any suprise he's picked them over us.

If he's coming in that means someone is going out seen some rumours that Xabi Alonso might be allowed to leave despite only recently signing a new deal.

Wish we could keep our transfer policy on the hush hush like Bayern do didn't something similar happen with Thiago we were linked to him for months then bang he goes to Bayern I just wish Utd would squash some of the rumours every now and then

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:49 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

the German league looks like a good league to play in too

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:47 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
JSP wrote:
F*cking Bayern Munich out of nowhere stealing a player for way less than we were reported to being prepared to pay.

Done deal at 35m euro according to ESPN.

The obvious thing to say is at no point did Utd confirm or deny any interest in the player so who knows how far we went with it and if Bayern have come in is it really any suprise he's picked them over us.

If he's coming in that means someone is going out seen some rumours that Xabi Alonso might be allowed to leave despite only recently signing a new deal.

Wish we could keep our transfer policy on the hush hush like Bayern do didn't something similar happen with Thiago we were linked to him for months then bang he goes to Bayern I just wish Utd would squash some of the rumours every now and then

We were quite strongly linked to Javi Martinez as well weren't we? Also went to Bayern.

Seems like we need to be better at pulling the trigger and making decisions.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Can't really remember Javi Martinez situation but we were in for Neuer and were linked to Douglas Costa for ages and they seem primed to take Hummels for Dortmund.

It might just be in Germany all the German papers link Bayern to players to sell stories but my guess is Bayern probably keep a much better lid on it than we do.

I think it suits the money men at Utd to be linked with all these big deals as it keeps Utd's name at the top of all the sports websites, rolling news, newspapers etc I don't think we necessarily shutdown a story in the way Bayern might do.

You also have to remember a Utd transfer story sells papers and gets clicks which is how modern media works all over the world whereas a Bayern transfer rumours probably doesn't have the same reach.

What Utd need to improve on is selling the club to players as the place to be over the next 5 years the whole package sale to the players when they do meet them with their agents. Utd seem pretty good at being able to buy their way to the table but when it comes to making the big pitch and the sell to convince a player to pick us over x, y or z they can't quite get it done.

I mean apart from earning a lot of money which these top players will get wherever they go what is the game changer that Utd can offer to put them above anyone else? Bayern can currently offer the whole package top stadium, top facilities, top players, top manager & obvious chances of winning trophies. In comparison what can Utd offer?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:22 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

A free chevy :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Mr Carrot wrote:
A free chevy :lol:

FFS they can even offer better cars than us don't Audi own shares in Munich?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Just looked Audi own 8.3% surely a conflict of interest?

Wolfsburg is owned by Volkswagon. Audi is owned by Volkswagen

But with age my hopes have faded

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next