AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSG
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:53 am 
Major General
Major General

I winder what would thiago salary be after extension within year.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:11 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

You would imagine that he's been bumped up a little closer to Zlatan considering the fact that he is club captain and all.

The team they are putting together is pretty scary I'm really interested to see how Zlatan & Cavani work together it could be devestating with Zlatan playing in behind Cavani or it could be horrendous.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Thiago Silva has signed a one year contract extension at Paris Saint-Germain to end speculation connecting him with a move away from the Parc des Princes.

The 28-year-old Brazil international centre-back moved to PSG from AC Milan last year in a deal worth around £34million and was subsequently named captain.

Thiago has since been linked with a move to Barcelona but the new deal with the French champions will keep him at the Parc des Princes until 2018, a development that has delighted club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi.

"We are very proud to extend Thiago's contract, he's an exceptional player both on and off the field," Al-Khelaifi said in a statement.

"He symbolises the aim of PSG to construct one of the top performing teams in Europe."

Thiago was one of the driving forces behind PSG securing their first French title since 1994 and they also reached the Champions League quarter-finals for the first time in 18 years.

Italy midfielder Marco Verratti also recently extended his contract for a year until 2018 to offer a further boost to manager Laurent Blanc.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:52 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris Saint-Germain chairman Nasser al-Khelaifi has confirmed the club have not made a bid for Newcastle United star Yohan Cabaye.

However, the Qatari chief did reiterate that coach Laurent Blanc remains a firm fan of the midfielder, who wants to leave Newcastle and has already been the subject of a bid from Arsenal.

"Yohan Cabaye? He is a great player and I know Laurent Blanc likes him a lot," Al-Khelaifi is quoted by L'Equipe.

"But we didn't make any offer to Newcastle."

Al-Khelaifi also spoke about the ongoing situation with defender Mamadou Sakho, who wants to leave his hometown club.

A host of teams are now looking to land Sakho, who has come through the ranks at the Parc des Princes, but al-Khelaifi is determined to keep him.

"He is a child from the club, just like Steven Gerrard at Liverpool, players you can hardly imagine wearing another shirt," he said.

"I am a bit surprised to see he wants to leave. I had a talk with him. My position is very clear and he knows it: we want to keep him and we will do our best for that."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:53 pm 
Major General
Major General

Anyone watching el-ca$hico? ?

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:42 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris Saint Germain coach Laurent Blanc admits that he wants to sign a new midfielder this month, and refused to rule out the prospect of landing Yohan Cabaye.

Blanc has never hidden his admiration for a player he handed an international debut to when France manager back in 2010.

Cabaye is enjoying an excellent run of form and Newcastle boss Alan Pardew admitted he was getting 'nervous' about the prospect of losing his French playmaker.

Newcastle have long insisted they would not be selling any of their top names, including Cabaye, this month - but with some reports claiming that PSG could pay over £20million for the 28-year-old, that may be too much for the Magpies to resist.

Now Blanc has confirmed that PSG want a new midfielder, with injury ruling out Adrien Rabiot, and Cabaye is the name being mentioned and the fact he is eligible to play in this season's Champions League makes him an even more enticing prospect.

"It would be good to recruit a player in the heart of the game, and have an extra player in midfield," Blanc told Canal+ following PSG's 5-0 win over Nantes on Sunday.

"We need a player who has the same mentality as the others when they are on playing or on the bench. He must love to play.

"He must be technically good and be tough, and whether this player comes or does not come, there will be competition in all positions.

"I've been saying for a month and a half and the injury Adrien makes it more urgent to have an extra player in midfield.

When asked specifically about Cabaye, he refused to comment on claims that a deal was close but said: "I ask myself. I know the man [Cabaye].

"He has that character, but there are others. We are very happy with this team but with all competitions in which we are engaged, we must be aware that there will be issues and we already see that with Adrien Rabiot."

With Newcastle already pursuing Montpellier playmaker Remy Cabella, reports in France claim his arrival could offset a possible departure of Cabaye although Sky Sports understand the two deals are not linked.

Newcastle are also continuing talks with Borussia Monchengladbach over striker Luuk de Jong - who they hope to conclude in the coming week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:33 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has warned Manchester City off trying to sign Blaise Matuidi and insists that they are not interested in Chelsea winger Eden Hazard.

Recent reports have suggested that City may make a January offer for 23-year-old French midfielder Matuidi, whose current contract with PSG runs out at the end of the season.

The Ligue 1 giants themselves have been linked with a number of big names, but the club's president insists that they always try to follow the rules while trying to sign players and expect their rivals to do the same.

Al-Khelaifi has also admitted that PSG tried to sign Hazard from Lille in 2012, but backed out once they realised that Chelsea were in an advanced stage of negotiation.

"Interest from Manchester City in Matuidi? I am not worried because they know that if they touch one of our players, then we will be in opposition to them, and we will go and contact their players too," he told L'Equipe.

"We respect all clubs, but if a club tries to buy one of our players, then it will have to face consequences.

"I don't aim this at Manchester City, as from what I know, they did not contact Matuidi."

Regarding Hazard, he continued: "Eden Hazard is an amazing player and, in my opinion, the best player of Chelsea. But we never talked with him.

"In 2012, before he left for England, we had the opportunity to sign him, but we did not.

"Chelsea were in an advanced stage of negotiation and, as we don't want to have any bad relationship with any club, we stopped there. He seems happy at Chelsea."

Al-Khelaifi clarified PSG's view of some of the other players that they have been linked with, including Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, Barcelona forward Lionel Messi and Miralem Pjanic of Roma.

"Pogba is part of an excellent group of French players whom we are watching," he said. "But when we will be really attracted, then we will talk to Juventus.

"Is there a chance for Messi to join PSG? No, never. If there were no limits at PSG, then we would sign Messi.

"If Messi doesn't join PSG, then that means that there are limits.

"Miralem Pjanic? When we talked with Roma, we discovered that it was very difficult to get him during the January transfer window.

"Roma are second in Serie A and it is difficult for them to let one of their most important players leave in the middle of the season. The tifosi (fans) would become mad!"

Surely if Matuidi is out of contract this summer he's free to talk to other clubs as he's in the last 6 months of his contract.

You'd think most clubs in Europe would be having a word to find out what the situation is as he's a good player potentially available for no transfer fee.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris St Germain are set to confirm the signing of Yohan Cabaye from Newcastle at a press conference on Wednesday evening.

The France midfielder, 28, will seal a return to his homeland in a £20m deal having already passed a medical with the Ligue 1 giants.

Cabaye arrived at Newcastle from Lille in the summer of 2011 for around £4.3m and has been a mainstay of the Magpies midfield since - netting 17 goals in 79 appearances for the club.

One player who will not be joining the galaxy of stars in Paris is Barcelona winger Lionel Messi.

PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi told L'Equipe: "If we didn't have any limit, we'd bring in Messi. If Messi isn't coming to Paris, it's because some limits really exist."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:33 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Thiago Silva is flattered by fresh reports linking him with La Liga giants Barcelona, but insists he is happy at Paris Saint-Germain.

The PSG captain was high on Barca's wish-list last year without managing to pry him away from the Parc des Princes, but they could be back in for the Brazil international this summer as they look to replace departing captain Carles Puyol.

However, Thiago Silva is not looking to leave PSG, with whom he has a contract until 2018.

The 29-year-old former AC Milan defender told Spanish newspaper Marca: "I feel good, I feel valued by these things that come out in the press.

"I'm pleased, my work is being recognised, but I'm happy in Paris and I want to fulfil my contract."

A few years ago, the choice between playing for Barca or PSG would have been an easy one for any player looking to play with the best and compete for the top honours in the game.

Not any more though, with PSG well on course to win a second successive Ligue 1 title, while they have already booked their spot in the Coupe de la Ligue final and are almost certainly through to the Champions League quarter-finals.

PSG have never lifted the European Cup, but Thiago Silva believes they have a chance of changing that fact this season.

He said: "If we continue playing in this form, we have everything we need to win the Champions League."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:18 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I've always liked Thiago Silva, great defender. Don't see PSG selling him on though, not unless they decide to be in the running for the Porto chap, whom I have never seen play. Why go for someone who might not fit your philosophy? Barca also would need to throw Neymar type money to get him, no?

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Barcelona were very keen on him before he moved to PSG as he'd had a couple of great games against them for Milan and I think they saw him as the potential replacement for Puyol but PSG just blew them away with the fee they paid something like £40m for him.

He is very highly rated by most European Football Journalists but I have to admit I've not seen him play many times but most people seem to say he is one of the top CB's in Europe and he'd fit Barcelona perfectly as he is comfortable in possession of the ball.

I can't see it happening as like you say it would cost mega money to sign him but do players even have a price at PSG where money is no object? I can only see a move happening if Silva tried to force it which it doesn't sound like he's keen on doing.

Very interested to see PSG come up against a stronger side in the next round of the CL next season they ran Barca very close last season and if anything they look even better this year so I'd love to see how they stand up to a Bayern Munich or a Real Madrid.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:59 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Edinson Cavani has suggested that unless Paris Saint-Germain change their playing system, he could look to leave the club in the summer.

Cavani is the most expensive player in French football history after PSG paid Napoli over £60million for his signature.

The Uruguayan star has not disappointed in his displays and has 21 goals to his name this season, but with Laurent Blanc using a 4-3-3 system, Cavani has had to do his work from the right wing, with Zlatan Ibrahmovic leading the line.

And Cavani has suggested that he is not happy with the situation, which had led to the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid being strongly linked with the 27-year-old.

“Will I remain at Paris next term? We will see at the end of the season," he told L’Equipe when asked about his future.

"I am fine in Paris, but obviously there are things we have to talk about with the club, things we need to do in a different way."

System

Asked about having to play wide because of the system, he said: "Of course it is not easy. Playing besides players like Zlatan, Thiago Silva, Thiago Motta or Lavezzi is great for any player.

"But for a forward used to scoring and which has to do defensive tasks now, it is not easy.

"I don’t want to talk about sacrifices because making efforts has always been part of my game. But now I am more defensive and it is more difficult because when you came, it was with other ideas and other views about your position in the team and the club.

"Playing in 4-4-2 was my vision of the team when I joined Paris. It is one of the arguments that motivated me to sign in that club. Let’s terminate Le Championnat and we will see what will happen.”

Early this season Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho admitted that luring Cavani away from the Parc des Princes would certainly be an easier proposition to that of landing Ibrahimovic.

Asked about Moruinho's comments, he added: "He probably had good reasons to say that, but I don’t know anything. I am not journalist, I am not talking about transfers.

"Indeed, Chelsea was very attracted to me last summer, but what is really important in their transfers? PSG showed real trust and real determination to include me in their project. When you pay such transfer fee, that is a proof you really want the player."

He was asked about reports that Chelsea and Man United had opened talks with his representatives in February.

"Frankly I don’t know," he said. "Nowadays, my family is with me in Paris and if something should happen, my brother will manage it and will sit on a table with any clubs' officials."

No fear

Cavani and PSG will come up against Chelsea on Wednesday when Mourinho and his side arrive in the French capital for the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final clash.

"Do we fear Chelsea or Mourinho? The coach is not playing. Everyone knows he is a very great coach and a great leader of men. But I fear the coach less than the Chelsea players. Most of them are international level with a lot of experience," he said.

"What we already achieved both in Le Championnat and the Champions League has showed we have a great team capable of wining, but facing an English side, in a Champions League quarter-final, it is a big test to us. We will see if we are capable of reaching what will be a new step."

Cavani insists he does not see the match as a chance of revenge for him personally after Chelsea knocked out Napoli in 2012.

"Let’s say it brought me experience," he said. "Now I am wearing another shirt and I will play a Champions League quarter-final against a great club like Chelsea.

"To me the most important thing in the first leg is to not concede any goals because I believe in the return leg we will have opportunities to score."

Would love to see him at Utd but the money that it would take to sign him would be ridiculous £60-70m on a transfer fee then probably looking at about £10m a year in wages to match what he's on at PSG which probably rules us out as I just can't see us going to that sort of level under the Glazers.

Would probably be the perfect fit at Chelsea but maybe FFP has stopped them going for him in the summer as I think he's gone to PSG because it was his only option as no one else was going to pay his release clause.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:05 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris Saint-Germain coach Laurent Blanc has expressed his desire to keep midfielder Adrien Rabiot at the club, amid rumours that Chelsea are preparing a summer bid for the 19-year-old.

The Frenchman, who has previously been linked with Arsenal and West Brom, is under contract until 2015 but has been relegated to the bench following PSG's acquisition of Yohan Cabaye in January, making just six appearances since then.

But Blanc is insistent that there is still a place for Rabiot at the club, despite having competition from Cabaye, Blaise Matuidi, Marco Verratti and Thiago Motta.

"I have a lot of esteem for that boy who has a big potential," the World Cup winner told reporters at a press conference.

"During the first part of the season he proved he could expect more time in the team.

"Unfortunately he picked up a knee injury in January and Yohan Cabaye joined the club, which was a needed reinforcement because we didn't have enough midfielders.

"I can understand he is impatient. But he must not forget he belongs to a very big club and you have to be patient in life.

"I hope he will stay at the club."

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:21 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris Saint Germain chief Nasser al-Khelaifi has reiterated that the club are not going to let Edinson Cavani leave this summer.

Cavani's future has been called into question in recent months, with the player himself admitting to being frustrated at playing wide on the right - although he has still managed 16 goals in 25 starts.

Premier League duo Manchester United and Chelsea have both been strongly linked, but PSG are standing firm over the Uruguay international.

"Cavani? He will stay here - he has a contract with us," al-Khelaifi told Canal+ after PSG secured the Ligue 1 title on Wednesday evening.

Al-Khelaifi also spoke about UEFA's impending Financial Fair Play sanctions, but he insists that they will not prevent the club from moving forward.

"About Financial Fair Play, I am still very confident, we are still in talks with UEFA. I don't confirm the sanctions - we will play in the Champions League, but may be with conditions.

"We are going on with our project and no one can stop us from dreaming."

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:13 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Edinson Cavani has refused to confirm he will be staying with Paris Saint-Germain beyond this summer, instead revealing that he will first have talks with chairman Nasser al-Khelaifi.

Cavani has been strongly linked with a move to England, with both Chelsea and Manchester United said to be keen on the Uruguayan.

The 27-year-old joined PSG last summer from Napoli in a deal worth around €65million.

But whilst Cavani has impressed with 25 goals, he has done almost all his work from the right wing with Zlatan Ibrahimovic taking the central role.

Cavani has already expressed his annoyance at what he perceives as being played out of position and he admits that he will need to talk to PSG's hierarchy - but he will keep his talks 'in-house'.

Speaking to L'Equipe he said: "My first season in France has been beautiful, despite all controversies around me.

"Will I stay at PSG next season? I will surely talk with the chairman, and with the club.

"If I have important things to say, I will do it in-house. I believe we will all do our best for things to go off smoothly."

Asked about Manchester United's possible interest he said: "I don't know what is true or not in when you hear things like that."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:33 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Dani Alves has admitted that a move to Paris Saint-Germain would be a possibility if he ever has to leave Barcelona.

Brazilian right-back Alves has been with Barca since 2008 and remains happy at the club, but he has also made it clear that he relishes new challenges.

Recent reports have linked the 31-year-old with a switch to French champions PSG, and he is flattered by the transfer talk.

He told ESPN Brasil: “I think PSG are a great club and I love to play for great clubs, that's what I dream of.

“I want to play for clubs that are able to provide me with challenges."

"PSG are a great club. If I ever have to leave Barcelona, PSG are a real possibility for me."

Alves added: "I have always said that I am not involved in long-term projects, I prefer short-term ones.

“What I want is challenges, I was born for them. And if the challenge consists of moving to some other place, I'll be happy."

Show me the Moooooooooney!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:32 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc has conceded defeat in his efforts to prise Eden Hazard from Chelsea.

Reigning Ligue 1 champions PSG have been heavily linked with an approach for the former Lille playmaker for some time.

Blanc has been open in his admiration of the 23-year-old, fuelling speculation that a big-money bid was imminent.

PSG are, however, prepared to shelve their transfer plans after being left in little doubt by Chelsea that Hazard is not for sale.

The Belgium international, who is currently away on World Cup duty, has also revealed that he has no intention of pushing for a move.

Blanc, therefore, is hoping to draw a line under the matter, with one raid on the Stamford Bridge ranks for Brazilian defender David Luiz enough for one summer.

He told RMC Brazil: “Hazard is a top player, but I think Chelsea want to keep him.

“A lot of players are going to be mentioned, but we have already got our priority, David Luiz.

“We’re going to wait a bit before making any more signings. Be patient.”

While ruling out one possible incoming, Blanc admits there may be outgoings at the Parc des Princes over the coming weeks – with the likes of Ezequiel Lavezzi, Marquinhos and Javier Pastore being linked with moves elsewhere.

Blanc added: “Some players will ask to leave, we’ll have to see. For the moment, that’s not the case.

“We’re going to bring in some players, one or two, of great quality.”

I'd be pretty happy with a player like Lavezzi alwas been impressed whenever I've seen him play great close control, runs at the opposition and is a decent finisher saw something linking him with Arsenal for £15m he's 29 and at that price I think he'd be a cracking signing for any prem club. If Utd are going more towards a 4-3-3 he's exactly the sort of wide player we need.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:37 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
PSG are closing in on a deal for Real Madrid's wantaway winger Angel di Maria.

AS says on Friday, Real president Florentino Pérez met with the French club’s counterpart Nasser Al-Khelaifi in the Spanish capital to leave a deal for ‘el Fideo’ all but closed.

Manchester United have struck personal terms with Di Maria's camp, but PSG are willing to meet Florentino's €60 million asking price.

Di María’s exit will open the way for James Rodríguez, who turned 23 on Saturday. In fact, the €60 million in the Di María move will go towards signing the AS Monaco playmaker.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:07 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Great move for PSG sign a world class player and force their main rivals to sell their best player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:31 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
PSG deny, Di Maria rumoured to have turned them down, wants prem move and CL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next