AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meeeeeelan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:35 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
So has he gone or not? I thought Silva was a done deal. And what about Ibra?

Saw this earlier and thought it must mean they'd gone.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Silva is a done deal.

Zlatan is negotiating over the contract as he is apparently not keen on the move doesn't want to take a step down while in his prime.

They'll have to give him a ridiculous contract to make the deal happen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 pm 
Major General
Major General

Seems so:

Quote:

The Brazil centre-back has signed a five-year contract at the French club as one half of what is set to be the biggest transfer deal of the summer.

Neither PSG nor Milan disclosed any further details regarding Silva's move, but it is anticipated that the 27-year-old will account for a higher proportion of the £50 million fee Milan are expected to get for the star duo.

The other half involves Silva's former Milan team-mate Zlatan Ibrahimovic following him to the French capital.

The Sweden striker is said to be finalising the terms of his move and scheduled to complete a medical later on Saturday.

Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has justified the sale of his two star players just weeks after the club was beaten to the Serie A title by Juventus by claiming that the Rossoneri would save around £120m in fees and by getting them off the wage bill.

Silva becomes the second big-money addition to PSG's squad this summer following the acquisition of Argentina attacker Ezequiel Lavezzi from Napoli.

Quote:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent is hopeful the AC Milan striker will complete his move to Paris Saint-Germain soon, saying Sunday that Serie A is about to lose its last remaining star.

Thiago Silva signed a five-year contract with PSG on Saturday and Mino Raiola is in discussions with the big-spending club for Ibrahimovic to join his former Milan teammate.

"Everyone asks me if it is 90 or 99 percent done. But these percentage stories don't interest me,'' Raiola told French newspaper L'Equipe. "In my mind, you have a deal, or you don't. There is nothing in between.

"Today, nothing is finalized yet. We will keep working on this deal. I insist on one point: in a contract, every detail is important. But I really hope to reach an agreement with PSG. This weekend is a time for reflection.''

PSG has yet to agree to Ibrahimovic's salary demands with the stumbling block thought to be the French 75 percent tax on wages above a million euros ($1.23 million) per year.

Ibrahimovic joined Milan from Barcelona on loan in 2010 and the move was made permanent the following season. The 30-year-old was Serie A's top goalscorer last season - a feat he also achieved with Inter Milan in 2009.

The Sweden captain spent three seasons at Inter and two at Juventus, winning the Serie A title every year - although the two he won with Juventus were later revoked because of the match-fixing scandal.

Ibrahimovic also won the Dutch league twice with Ajax and the Spanish title with Barcelona before lifting another Serie A trophy with Milan.

"Zlatan will make Ligue 1 more interesting and his departure will make Serie A poorer,'' Raiola said. "When he goes, there will not be any more big names left in Italy. For me Zlatan is the best player in the world, he has a winning spirit. He is a player who, on his own, can light up a stadium. I hope the French fans will appreciate him.

"His arrival at PSG would be an exceptional event. Usually, we only see this kind of deal in England. Now, it is possible in Paris, this fascinating and magnificent capital.''

This Raiola is making a name for himself, comes across as an agent I would hate to see any of United's players use as, surprise surprise, he seems to only think about his back pocket and therefore is constantly looking for his clients to move, and they seem to be persuaded by him.

Hate agents like him :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

He is probably the most powerful agent in Italy as he used to be very close to Moggi @ Juve when they used to run Italian football.

Barcelona refuse to deal with him after he asked for a fee to move Ibra to Milan despite Ibra saying he never wanted to play for the club again.

He is a parasite on the game of football

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:07 pm 
Major General
Major General

Ibra is also a money grabber .. They are trying to get most out of PSG pocket which is pretty deep.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:57 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

We've been absolute crap - the rot continues. berlusconi is an idiot. And Allegri has clearly lost the dresing room, and seems as clueless. Without Zlatan to gloss over the deficienciesthat have been there since Kaka left, and T. Silva to spare the blushes we're manure. We've replaced ageing superstars with average players for the msot part, a few very good and inconsistent at best. Not one world class player at the club now.

Quote:

Milan's lack of imagination sees them break unwanted 80-year record

The Rossoneri's defeat to Atalanta means they have lost their first two home games, and sees the pressure grow on Max Allegri

In Italy, the start of a new season is a time for looking backwards, as well as forwards. As surely as the sun rises in the east and Maurizio Zamparini sacks another manager in the south, so newspaper reporters must scramble to put early results into their proper historical context. How many years have passed since the team began a campaign this well or this poorly? Who was in charge at the time, and how long did they last in the job?

Often the findings may be spurious, failing to take into account such variables as opposition or shifting financial realities, but sometimes a statistic arises that is too remarkable to ignore. When Milan were defeated by Atalanta at San Siro on Saturday, having already been beaten there by Sampdoria three weeks previously, observers got to wondering how long it had been since the Rossoneri lost both of their first two home fixtures of a Serie A season.

The answer was more than 80 years ago. Only once in their entire history, in fact, had the Rossoneri begun a top-flight campaign quite so poorly at home – all the way back in 1930-31, when they opened with a 3-0 defeat to Juventus and a 1-0 loss to Lazio.

Each of Milan's losses this time around have been by the latter scoreline, though they might consider themselves fortunate in that regard. Gazzetta dello Sport was not alone in naming the club's goalkeeper, Christian Abbiati, as their man of the match in this week's reverse against Atalanta, noting in particular a close-range save from Maxi Moralez with the score already at 1-0.

Atalanta's own goalkeeper, Andrea Consigli, was never tested in quite the same way – his team restricting Milan mostly to pot-shots from outside the area. The Rossoneri did not go without possession in the relevant parts of the pitch, but suffered from a chronic lack of imagination. Without Zlatan Ibrahimovic to pull rabbits out of hats, the team were content to simply place their metaphorical headgear on a table and gaze at it wistfully.

If that might seem like the inevitable consequence of Milan's having been shorn of a player such as Ibrahimovic – whose talent was such that he could be relied upon to resolve matches such as these single-handedly – then it is worth remembering how the club's neighbours, Inter, coped with the loss of the same player three years ago. José Mourinho used the Swede's departure as an opportunity to reshape his team entirely and went on to win the treble.

Milan's Massimiliano Allegri has not been afforded anything like the same resources, of course, and nobody is expecting similar results, but his refusal thus far to amend his tactics to reflect the new reality is nevertheless holding his team back. A 4-3-1-2 with Kevin-Prince Boateng behind Giampaolo Pazzini and Stephan El-Shaarawy suited none of the three, with neither forward particularly adept at holding the ball up and nobody providing width.

Allegri's troubles had been building since long before the weekend, of course, with Alex Pato openly criticising his man-management last season and suggestions emerging in recent weeks that the coach might be partly to blame for the club's horrific injury record in recent years. Milan have overhauled both their fitness and medical teams in the past 18 months, leading some to observe that the manager himself is the one remaining constant.

His relationship with Silvio Berlusconi has not always been a comfortable one, and there were eyebrows raised when an apparent appointment for Allegri to meet Milan's vice-president, Adriano Galliani, over dinner at Forte dei Marmi last week went unfulfilled. Both parties made light of that occurrence, yet after this latest defeat the pair dined together on Sunday at both lunch and dinner.

"More than a dinner with Galliani, what Massimiliano Allegri really needs is group therapy. With his whole team," wrote Marco Pasotto in Gazzetta dello Sport. There might have been an element of that for the several senior players who met at the captain Massimo Ambrosini's house for a shared meal of their own on Sunday.

Galliani, for his part, insisted on Sunday that the manager's job is not under threat. "Allegri's position is absolutely not under discussion," he said. "[The manager] should stay calm." It might be easier to do so if such words were not coming from the lips of a man who earlier this summer had insisted that it was "99% certain" that Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva would be staying at the club.

The primary concern for everyone at Milan right now is simply not allowing this poor run to spill over into the Champions League, with their campaign to begin against Anderlecht on Tuesday. Unfortunately for Milan, the fixture is to be played at home.

It is not just the Rossoneri who have struggled at San Siro this season; Inter have failed to win any of their three fixtures there – between league and Europe.

That may have to do with the installation of a new, partially synthetic pitch over the summer – a move which was also hoped to be part of the solution to the club's injury problems by providing a more consistent surface. Then again, with such a small sample size it might also be nothing more than a sheer coincidence.

What is known is that the level of support Milan can count on at home continues to dwindle. The club have sold only 23,618 season tickets this year – 7,615 fewer than last season and more than 4,000 fewer than the previous lowest figure achieved under Berlusconi's ownership. After seeing not only Ibrahimovic and Silva but also other such long-standing servants as Clarence Seedorf, Gennaro Gattuso and Alessandro Nesta depart, such dwindling enthusiasm can hardly come as a surprise.

It was noteworthy, indeed, against such a backdrop, that several hundred supporters showed up to watch Pippo Inzaghi take charge of Milan's Under-17s during a match at Verona on Sunday. There is already a section of supporters who would sooner see the former striker – a club man, even if totally lacking in experience – replace Allegri.

Should Milan go on to match the 1930–31 side by losing their third home game as well, such a scenario might quickly start to sound a lot less far-fetched.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
What's the Milan starting XI Looking like these days?

Don't really see why he'd overhaul the medical staff, they were working wonders with some of those Milan pensioners!!

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Probabably because Pato gets injured every 2 weeks.

It's just a reality check really for Milan in terms of finances for years Berlusconi has bank rolled them just like Morrati did at Inter. Now with FFP coming in they've got to slash costs as neither clubs income is particularly great because they don't own their own stadiums and are way behind top clubs when it comes to commercially exploiting the brand.

Those old boys were great but they took up a huge chunk of the wage bill and since a lot of them sat on the bench the had to go. It's a trasitional phase for the club where they're trying to bring through younger players but the team lacks a real leader/figurehead to guide them which is exactly what Zlatan was.

Allegri is a cautious manager which doesn't go down well with Berlusconi/fans who want to see the side attack.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:50 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Just read Pato got sold to Corinthians. Another Brazilian wonder kid bites the dust.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:06 am 
Major General
Major General

More to injuries rather than talent.He was injured every year and lasr 2-3 years has been torrid for him.Al shaarwy has succeded him and he has been immense for milan this season and he is the main reason milanare still in top 10.He is much like ronaldo as he can play in midfield on wing and attacker.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:10 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:
More to injuries rather than talent.He was injured every year and lasr 2-3 years has been torrid for him.Al shaarwy has succeded him and he has been immense for milan this season and he is the main reason milanare still in top 10.He is much like ronaldo as he can play in midfield on wing and attacker.

To be saying that about Milan is a sad state of affairs. Much like Liverpool and Suarez I guess.

I hadn't seen the Italian league. Just checked it.

They're 14 points off of Juve at the half way stage.

As for Pato yeah I noticed that a couple days ago. Went under the radar a bit didn't hit. He was being touted as a 35-40m player not too long ago. I believe it was City who were interested in him.

There is money in Brazilian football now all of the sudden (how comes?)

15m is a big price tag for a Brazilian club.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:21 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Last Jan they apparently turned down 30m from PSG for him.

The move seems right for everyone. When he was fit he was a fantastic talent and its a shame how things ended for him.

Milan are suffering for holding on to old players for too long having that many leave all at once makes it impossible to compete.

Burlesconi can't fund the club at the moment so they've had to scale right back and dump all the top earners and start from scratch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:39 pm 
Major General
Major General

Supposedly Pato has said he wants to go back to Brazil to get his fitness sorted (apparently their medical experts are the top guys in the world), and has said that in 12 or 18 months he wants to go back to Milan. Whether that will ever come to fruition remains to be seen.

It's a shame for the lad though, he's got great ability, but injuries have stopped him from living up to his potential.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:51 am 
Major General
Major General

idontfeardeath wrote:
[quote="pakrooney"

To be saying that about Milan is a sad state of affairs. Much like Liverpool and Suarez I guess.

I hadn't seen the Italian league. Just checked it.

They're 14 points off of Juve at the half way stage.
As for Pato yeah I noticed that a couple days ago. Went under the radar a bit didn't hit. He was being touted as a 35-40m player not too long ago. I believe it was City who were interested in him.
There is money in Brazilian football now all of the sudden (how comes?)
15m is a big price tag for a Brazilian club.

They sold their best players and with FFP rules nearing effect they have to balance their books aswell.They are relying heavily on Al shwaary and if Milan dont add quality to squad he will be playing for top club in few years.I dont get much italuan footy as they show mainly juve milan inter geneo napoli games every week here and i only opt for few games as italian league is not exciting to watch anymorei would rather watch mid table spanish games.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has admitted that his side were priced out of a move for Kevin Strootman, prior to the Dutchman joining Serie A rivals Roma.

The midfielder ended months of speculation when he sealed his switch from PSV Eindhoven despite a number of European teams, including Manchester United, reported to have been monitoring his progress.

Milan were reported to be keen on bringing the 23-year old to the San Siro this summer, but Galliani says that the club were not prepared to meet PSV's asking price.

"He's a really great player. We followed him for a year too, but he cost too much and we left," he told Sky Sports Italia.

"At this moment, 20million euros is too much for Milan."

Galliani was also quick to dismiss suggestions that PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be set for a Serie A return, believing that his wage demands would be too extortionate.

He added: "Ibra's return to Italy? I think it's absolutely impossible because he has a salary not compatible with the Italian league."

Robinho committed his future to Milan last week by signing a two-year contract extension, and Galliani revealed that the striker is now on lesser terms having failed to impress last season.

"He cut his salary and extended his deal," continued Galliani. "I told him that he didn't do too much last season and so he's like a new signing and he must show his value."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:07 pm 
Major General
Major General

If we sell rooney we should go after al sharavy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:39 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Kaka has told Real Madrid that he believes it is the right time for him to look for a new club.

The Brazilian has been at the Santiago Bernabeu since 2009 but has fallen down the pecking order in recent times and is no longer a regular starter.

He did score twice in a 4-0 friendly win over Deportivo La Coruna on Thursday night but opportunities are likely to be limited again this season.

Kaka says he will remain professional in his attitude to training but he hopes to be allowed to move and says his father is already trying to sort out a new club.

"I want to leave. I think now is the right moment for me and for the club for me to leave amicably," said the 31-year-old.

"I have spoken to Ancelotti and with the club, they all know."

Kaka continued: "Things are difficult for me now in the team, and the club knows what I want.

"It's my obligation to work and keep training, but my father is already working to see if something comes up. I think it's the best thing for me and the club."

Kaka joined Real from AC Milan and has been linked with a move back to the Italian club this summer.

Vice-president Adriano Galliani is refusing to rule out a swoop for a club legend, telling Lancenet: "Kaka has always been in our hearts, we'll see if it will be possible."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 pm 
Major General
Major General

Past it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 pm 
Major General
Major General

Past it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:06 pm 
Major General
Major General

Bit weird Kaka decides this on the 30th August.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next