It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: R9 ~ The Original Ronaldo
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:12 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
Corinthians Star Ronaldo Out For Five Weeks After Breaking Hand

The former Inter and AC Milan striker is facing more injury upheaval...

Ronaldo is facing a five week spell on the sidelines after breaking his left hand during the 3-0 loss to Palmeiras on Sunday.

The Corinthians hitman fell awkwardly following a challenge and landed on his left wrist. Ronaldo underwent an examination, and club medics have confirmed the worst.

"We had further exams and we can confirm Ronaldo has suffered a break in his left hand. He will be out of action for four or five weeks," the medic told the press as reported by La Repubblica.

Ronaldo may even face surgery, and he is set for a further test on Wednesday.

"His hand is really swollen and it's hard to examine it properly. We will do a further test and decide in a few days."

Reports suggest that Ronaldo will be able to train lightly with the team, but he is unlikely to play in competitive matches until the injury heals.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Fat Ronaldo
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:17 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

hmm, well at least it wasnt a bad injury to a knee or something again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:01 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Scored 19 goals in 31 games :ohmy:

Love to see him make it to the World Cup somehow.....legend :winkkiss:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:46 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Highscores: 1
gracey wrote:

6 month loan signing in January for us I'll be happy with, something like Henriks deal.

Longest of long shots though :( which is a shame he'd have been great to see in England.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:53 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
ilovemybrick wrote:
gracey wrote:

6 month loan signing in January for us I'll be happy with, something like Henriks deal.

Longest of long shots though :( which is a shame he'd have been great to see in England.

Now there's an interesting idea. We could use an extra striker.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:14 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I would mess my pants if we signed him he's my favourite player of all time.

I'd say there's about a 5% chance of it happening.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:23 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
JSP wrote:
I would mess my pants if we signed him he's my favourite player of all time.

I'd say there's about a 5% chance of it happening.

:D Aye he was some player alright. None of this modern good use of space type crap, just rectums where defenders once stood as he tore through them. And I'd have said Ickle Mickey was about 5% likely too at the time! Stranger things have happened...

But I've not seen him play for ages though. Is he even fit? Besides his hand, obviously.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

He plays once a week and doesn't really train.

He's a bit like ledley king he picks his matches and isn't forced to play when he doesn't feel up to it. He's still massivly overweight though but he knows where the net is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:15 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The doctors over there seem to know how to get him to work.

He should stay over there for his own sake I think..it'd be great to see him play over here but if he got injured again that'd probably be it.

I would love to see him go to the world cup.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:47 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The agent of former Brazilian striker Ronaldo has revealed how close the legendary figure came to joining Rangers.

Ronaldo enjoyed a stellar career from his breakthrough at Cruzeiro in 1993 to his eventual 2011 retirement with Corinthians, and continually courted interest from Europe’s biggest clubs.

The 39-year-old moved to the continent with PSV in 1994, impressing sufficiently to earn a move to Barcelona.

He spent a year in Spain before signalling his intention to leave in 1997, with Rangers one of three clubs expressing an interest.

His agent, Giovanni Branchini, has revealed that that Scottish club offered to buy out his Nou Camp contract for £20m, but he chose to join Inter Milan instead.

“The clause in his contract was a novelty at the time and it scared a lot of clubs off,” Branchini said. “The three who were really interested were Inter, Lazio and Glasgow Rangers, who followed negotiations all the way.

“The offer from Glasgow Rangers was incredible. They told us he didn’t have to play on a Saturday in the Scottish League.

“They were desperate to win the Champions League and were going to allow him to play in the European matches only.

“But Inter had followed him from when he used to play in Brazil. Barcelona reneged on a new contract and Inter were the first club to meet the release clause so he went there.”

Post subject: Re: R9 ~ The Original Ronaldo
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Michael Owen aimed a cheap shot at his former team-mate Ronaldo in a return visit to the Bernabeu on Saturday.

Former Real Madrid striker Owen was presented to the crowd alongside his former team-mates Zinedine Zidane – now the Real boss – Luis Figo, Brazilian star Ronaldo and 1950s hero Raymond Kopa ahead of Real’s game with Granada.

The quintet have all won the Ballon d’Or before – Owen doing so while a Liverpool player in 2001 – and they were there to present Cristiano Ronaldo with his fourth award in what was Real’s first home game of 2017.

The Portuguese star scored in Real’s 5-0 win , but afterwards the attention was on the other Ronaldo, who looked rather bigger than he did in his playing days.

A fact which was highlighted by Owen, who played with the Brazilian in 2004/05 in Madrid.

Owen tweeted:
“I thought I was putting the pounds on until I saw my old mate Ronnie!”

Ronaldo has previously discussed his issues with hypothyroidism, a condition that slows his metabolism.

“To control it I would have to take medication which is considered illegal in football,” he said. “A lot of people should feel bad about their comments on my weight.”

F*ck off Michael surprised anyone in Madrid even notices him when he visits

Post subject: Re: R9 ~ The Original Ronaldo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:39 am 
Major General
Major General

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Ballon d’Or presentation

On Saturday, before Real Madrid thrashed Granada 5-0, Cristiano Ronaldo presented his fourth Ballon d’Or to the Bernabeu crowd.

To mark the occasion, Los Blancos invited former Ballon d’Or winners to the match – these included Michael Owen, Ronaldo (the Brazilian), Zinedine Zidane and Luis Figo.

A fine presentation went off with no hitches until after the game, when Owen, not for the first time, put his foot in it.

“I thought I was putting the pounds on…”
After the Real Madrid match, Michael Owen took a sly dig at the Brazilian Ronaldo, a former team mate of his at the Bernabeu, on Twitter.

Much like his punditry, you can sort of see what Owen has gotten at – the Tweet certainly has a lot of retweets – over 5,000 now – but it is very much out of order.

The former Liverpool and Manchester United striker wrote: “I thought I was putting the pounds on until I saw my old mate Ronnie!”

At this point, it has to be pointed out that Ronaldo suffers from hypothyroidism – an illness that causes weight gain and a puffy face. Perhaps Owen doesn’t know about the condition?

Ronaldo responds

Either way, Ronaldo has responded to the Michael Owen Tweet, to Madrid-based newspaper AS.

The 2002 World Cup winner said: “I did not talk to him [Owen] after he wrote that, but I’m afraid the importance of my weight still remains in the world we live in. I do not know what that means, really?”

Fellow Real Madrid and Brazil legend Roberto Carlos also entered the discussion, saying: “I do not like that kind of joke really, because I am very close friends with Ronaldo … Let’s take care of him. Ronaldo is not the body, it’s the heart, because he has a big heart.”

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history