Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bolton Wanderers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:34 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
Bolton's Korea international Lee Chung-Yong will miss a minimum of nine months of football after suffering a broken leg in Saturday's friendly against Newport County.

The 23-year-old midfielder underwent an operation on Saturday evening after he sustained a double fracture of his right lower leg in the game just a fortnight out from the new Premier League season.

Bolton manager Owen Coyle said the operation was a success and added the club would aim to aid his recovery as best as they possibly could.

"We will make sure Chung-Yong gets all the support he needs, as now it is all about his recovery and well-being. That is the most important thing," Coyle told the club's website.

"The operation went well and we would like to pass on our thanks to the medical staff involved."

Lee had won Bolton's Player of the Year award in the 2009-10 season, before making 31 appearances last term, scoring three goals and providing six assists.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Bolton Wanderers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:38 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Bolton are looking to bring Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge back to the Reebok Stadium on a season-long loan.

Wanderers' manager Owen Coyle is hoping that his friendship with new Stamford Bridge boss Andre Villas-Boas can help him recruit the England Under-21 international if it becomes apparent that Sturridge will be limited to another peripheral role at Chelsea.

With Didier Drogba, Fernando Torres and Nicolas Anelka at his disposal, Villas-Boas seems certain to use Sturridge in a wide role.

It's not a position that the former Manchester City man enjoys, even though he has played there during Chelsea's pre-season games.

And Coyle is ready to play a waiting game up until the transfer window closes in the hope that Villas-Boas will look favourably on allowing Sturridge to move back to the north west.

Coyle said: "Daniel is such an outstanding young talent but I think he has to play week in, week out now."

"He's had six months of being a regular starter with us"

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:58 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Poor Chung-Yung Lee. Minding his own business in a pre-season friendly, and suddenly his season is more or less over following a reducer from a Newport County player.

Anyway, Bolton could do with another winger now, and there are a couple of different theories in a couple of different papers.

The Daily Mirror reports that Bolton are looking at Shaun Wright-Phillips, and will open talks with Manchester City over a loan or a permanent deal (they don't seem to be fussy) in the coming days.

The paper reports: 'Wright-Phillips played and scored for a City shadow side in Dublin but Roberto Mancini will not be using him in the big games this season and has cleared the way for his exit.

'The popular City star is on big wages and that may be a problem to Wanderers, but he could take a sensible contract as he lives in the area and knows he will play every week.'

Meanwhile, The Sun thinks fellow City boy Vladimir Weiss is a more realistic target, and could join on loan. As you will no doubt recall, Weiss did spend a spell on loan Bolton a couple of years back.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:52 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Bolton have confirmed that talks over deals for Shaun Wright-Phillips and Tuncay are ongoing.

Manchester City winger Wright-Phillips knows he will have limited chances at City this term and will be allowed to leave by manager Roberto Mancini.

However, Bolton are unable to match Wright-Phillips' estimated £70,000-a-week wages and, so far, have been unable to find a way of bridging the gap.

Work is continuing though, with boss Owen Coyle admitting he would "love" to have Wright-Phillips in his squad.

Coyle also confirmed talks are further advanced with former Stoke striker Tuncay Sanli, who could be about to arrive on loan from Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg.

"We are a good way down the line with that but it is not cut and dried," he said.

"He is a terrific player, who really works his socks off."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
He'll be a big miss for them this season as he had a good year last year and was looking a decent player.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:57 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Given QPR a schooling today, 4-0 at Loftus road.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:58 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Serbinator wrote:
Given QPR a schooling today, 4-0 at Loftus road.

top, top, top of the league

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Warnock will be getting sacked soon enough I would bet..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:28 pm 
Major General
Major General

Question is, before or after Steve Kean? Blackburn are truly sh*te, fully expect them to go down this year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Same day sacking :fonz:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:42 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

June 10: Dedryck Boyata's father reacts to rumours surrounding his boy: "There was talk of a swap with Cahill at Bolton, but Dedryck does not want to go there. Everton are showing interest in him as well, and they are very much an option for him."

August 25: Boyata agrees to join Bolton on loan, reportedly turning down Everton.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:44 pm 
Major General
Major General

They've brought in Gael Kakuta on loan and N'gog permanently. Think Kakuta will do well for them, probably not quite as good as Sturridge was last year butfrom what I've seen Kakuta is a very decent player.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:57 pm 
Major General
Major General

Bolton Wanderers have revealed that midfielder Stuart Holden will miss the next six months of the 2011/12 campaign because of cartilage damage. The Premier League club made the announcement on their official website on Wednesday following a routine check-up on the knee injury that sidelined him for a similar period last season. "Stuart Holden is set to miss six months of the season after a routine procedural follow up on the operation for his knee injury revealed cartilage damage," reads a statement on Bolton's official website. The USA international suffered the initial injury during Bolton's clash with Manchester United in March this year and made his comeback only on September 20 when he featured against Aston Villa in the Carling Cup.Devastated Holden is understandably disappointed at the news and wrote on his official Twitter page: "Floored, devastated, gutted, just a few words I can think of. I will continue to fight and I'm ready for another tough journey....." Bolton manager Owen Coyle also expressed his frustration at the recent turn of events for the 26-year-old. "It is a big, big blow for Stuart because he has worked so hard after he sustained the injury, but obviously the most important aspect is to ensure Stuart's well-being and that's what we are focused on," he said. "He went in for the procedure this afternoon and it was picked up that cartilage was damaged and needed to be repaired, which has now happened, and we will now support Stuart as he begins his recovery."

Poor guy, he's had a terrible couple of years with injuries - first he's on the end of a de Jong special, breaks his leg, then Evans does him and now this. Shame because he showed last year how good he can be.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:22 pm 
Major General
Major General

Bolton have now lost 13 of the first 16 games this season, and lost the last five games of last season, in total they've got 9 points out of a possibly 63.

Coyle must be hanging onto his job by a thread.

edit: In the same amount of games Steve Kean has won 18 points.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:13 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Not sure what sacking him will do they've got no money and had rotten luck with injuries to key players.

I don't think anyone else will do much better unless he's given cash in January.

I think they hoped to fund a rebuild in the summer by selling Cahill early but no offers came in until deadline day leaving them in the sh*t

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:27 pm 
Major General
Major General

Maybe just a change in style would help them, something needs to give though otherwise they're going to be in serious danger of going down.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Serbinator wrote:
Maybe just a change in style would help them, something needs to give though otherwise they're going to be in serious danger of going down.

Maybe tighten up a bit might help but arguably their stronger players are the attacking ones so you've just got to hope they get the goals to cover mistakes at the back.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Said Owen Coyle, when asked about a possible move for Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha, this morning:

"I'm always loathe to speak about other team's players and Dougie is a good friend of mine."

Then, one of the journalists at the press conference whipped out a Glock 17, placed the cool and threatening metal against his temple and said that if Coyle didn't talk about the transfer, he'd paint the wall an interesting new colour called 'hint of brain'.

"I think it is documented now that we have made an offer, which we have," Coyle said.

"I don't think it is to the value that the Crystal Palace chairman (wants), but it is an offer we felt was fair for where a very talented young player is at the moment.

"I always put what I think is a fair value on a player and if we get to it, great."

That's all true. Except the bit about the gun. Coyle was not interrupted by any journalists between the two statements.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Former Chelsea manager Avram Grant could take the reins of Bolton Wanderers next season should they secure their Premier League status against Stoke City on Sunday.

The Israeli coach took over at Partizan Belgrade this winter and has led the club to a fifth consecutive Serbian Superliga title last week. He has since been approached by Bolton to succeed Owen Coyle at the helm of next season, Serbian newspaper Blic reports.
Premier League relegation

Grant is said to have predicated his signature to Bolton securing a stay in the Premier League. With 35 points after 37 games, the Trotters are still in the relegation zone ahead of their clash with Stoke at the Britannia Stadium this weekend. Bolton need a victory and a Queens Park Rangers defeat at Manchester City to remain in the Premier League.

"Grant has told us and Israeli newspapers of his desire to go back to English football," an Israeli source close to the manager said to Serbian newspaper Blic on Wednesday.

"He told us he has been approached by Blackburn and Bolton, but that his wish was to manage a Premier League side. As Rovers have officially been relegated, only Bolton remain, although their own fate is still uncertain."

Grant has managed three Premier League clubs since 2007, leading Chelsea to the Champions' League final against Manchester United before accompanying Portsmouth into administration in 2010, and failing to win a relegation battle with West Ham in 2011.

Partizan are said to have already opened negotiations with Vladimir Vermezovic, who coached the Belgrade side in 2004-2005 before moving to South Africa where he took the helm at Kaizer Chiefs until April 2012.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:09 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Nigel Reo-Coker is reportedly set to leave relegated Bolton Wanderers on a free transfer after utlilising a release clause in his contract.

The 28-year-old joined Bolton last summer after leaving Aston Villa on a Bosman transfer.

However, Reo-Coker had a release clause in his contract and he has now informed the club that he will be utilising this to leave the Reebok Stadium following their drop to the Championship.

Losing Reo-Coker will be a blow to manager Owen Coyle, but he also knows that he will not be able to keep some of his highest earners now they have dropped out of the Premier League.

Despite going down, Reo-Coker was one of Bolton's more consistent performers and there is already believed to be a number of clubs looking at his situation.

ImageImage
Quote: