The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Let's Be 'Avin Yoooou
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Might be hoping for a well timed honeymoon period under a new boss.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:40 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Norwich City winger Nathan Redmond has insisted he is not planning to leave Carrow Road following the club's relegation from the Premier League.

Redmond made 39 appearances this season after joining from Birmingham City last summer and his only goal was the winner against Southampton back in August.

The England Under-21 international, who scored a hat-trick against Wales on Monday night, has been linked with a summer transfer away from Norwich.

However, Redmond is not looking to leave and is focused on trying to help Norwich to win promotion from the Championship at the first attempt.

"I signed a four-year contract when I joined so I am committed, and my future is in the club's hands," Redmond said in the Daily Star as he prepares to play for England Under-21s in the Toulon Tournament.

"I've had chats with my family and my mum, and my focus is solely on putting in good performances for Norwich that hopefully mean we will get back up at the end of next season."

The 20-year-old added: "Of course the Premier League is the best in the world, and you want to be there, but you have to accept that you get downs in football and you have to deal with them.

"I am just looking to put in some good performances for England now, and hopefully I can continue that form in pre-season and hit the ground running."

If they keep hold of him he could be a big player for them in the Championship next season but it's a good move for him to stay and play some regular football.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:21 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom has joined Norwich on a season-long loan.

The 22-year-old, who signed a new long-term deal with the Reds in May, made 24 Premier League appearances during a spell on loan at West Brom in 2014-15.

Wisdom came through the youth system at Liverpool and also spent a season at Derby in 2013-14.

"Andre fits our profile in terms of getting hungry players in who want to make their way in the game," said Norwich boss Alex Neil.

"It will add to the competition for places as he's a flexible player."

Wisdom, who has played at various England youth levels, is Norwich's fourth signing of the summer following the arrivals of winger Robbie Brady and midfielders Graham Dorrans and Youssouf Mulumbu.

Norwich were promoted to the Premier League after winning May's Championship play-off final.

Quote:
Norwich City have signed Hull City winger Robbie Brady for a a fee believed to be £7m.

The 23-year-old, who joined Hull from Manchester United in 2013, has signed a three-year-deal with the Canaries.

Republic of Ireland international Brady made 124 appearances for the Tigers, who were relegated from the Premier league last season.

"He's dynamic, he's got good energy and he's got a fantastic left foot," Norwich manager Alex Neil said.

"He'll be an absolutely perfect fit for us. Hopefully he can go on and show everything that we think he's capable of."

Brady, capped 14 times by his country, played 43 times in the Premier League in the last two seasons.

Norwich, who were promoted after winning May's Championship play-off final, begin their Premier League campaign at home to Crystal Palace on 8 August.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:50 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Signed Bamford on loan from Chelsea for rest of the season.

That one slipped past me on deadline day.

Be interesting to see if he gets a chance.