AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sheffield (Don't Mention Tevez Or Kenny) United
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:29 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Coming up to HT. United 3 - 0 up. 2 own goals. Bad Friday for Wednesday. :no:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:40 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Hard score that for a derby - United playing that well?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:53 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Joshua_Tree wrote:

"3 - 1 now. Could be a cracker. Willie Eckerslike. AGR news. My lounge."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:56 pm 
Captain
Captain

Willie Eckerslike wrote:
Joshua_Tree wrote:

DW.Willies lounge.Making tea......

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:59 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

devilworshipper wrote:
Willie Eckerslike wrote:
Joshua_Tree wrote:

DW.Willies lounge.Making tea......

The scene is set.....

..with webcam connected :ohmy:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:05 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Stop staring at my Hobnobs :coffee:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:07 pm 
Captain
Captain

Willies got candles instead of electricity :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:11 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

3 - 2 and we have a real game on our hands. Wilie Eckerslike. AGR Sport. Jumping off the sideboard. :ohohoh:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:17 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Damn fine game.

Don't blow those candles out yet you three :nono:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:40 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Ended 3 - 2 and a cracking game it was, too. Like a syphilitic tart, it had everything. :D

Willie Eckerslike, AGR Sports, going for a lie down. :phew:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:43 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Willie Eckerslike wrote:
Ended 3 - 2 and a cracking game it was, too. Like a syphilitic DW, it had everything. :D

Willie Eckerslike, AGR Sports, going for another lie down . :phew:

Fixed it for you :thumbup:

:p

You thought you had :tap:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:46 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

You're asking for a slap. :rocky:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:50 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Willie Eckerslike wrote:
You're asking for a slap. :rocky:

:black:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:52 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Now we understand each other. :hasta:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:19 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I thought so, but you've changed :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:14 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

Sheffield United goalkeeper Paddy Kenny fears for his future career, after the Football Association dismissed his appeal against a nine-month drugs ban.

The 31-year-old, handed the suspension last month after failing a doping test, challenged the severity of the punishment but has failed in his efforts to have it reduced.

In a statement to Sky Sports News, Kenny said: "I am devastated that an honest mistake on my part could cost me my career.

"I would like to thank Sheffield United - plus all my current and former team-mates, as well as my agent - for their support throughout.

"I am positive I will bounce back, and I really hope that this experience will stop others from making the same mistake."

Kenny was handed the ban after a routine urine sample taken following the Blades' Championship play-off semi-final clash with Preston in May was found to contain traces of the banned substance ephedrine.

He was suspended by his club in June and then by the FA the following month, and his punishment was handed down after a regulatory commission hearing last month.

Kenny, who admitted the charge, told the commission he had taken tablets bought at a chemists to help with a chest infection before the Preston game.

He was cleared of cheating but banned from playing for nine months, back-dated to July 22, the day the FA's suspension came into force.

Kenny's representatives, with the backing of the Professional Footballers' Association, argued at Tuesday's hearing the sanction was disproportionate - because he had not used the medicine to enhance performance.

However, an FA statement said: "The appeal board dismissed the appeal by Mr Paddy Kenny against his nine-month suspension for a breach of the FA doping regulations.

"The regulatory commission's decision to impose a nine-month suspension was an appropriate measure of the seriousness of the offence."

Responding to the decision, Blades boss Kevin Blackwell told his club's official website: "We are very surprised by the outcome. At this stage, we do not understand why it has been decided."

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:34 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Sheffield United have agreed to extend goalkeeper Paddy Kenny's contract by another year.

The 31-year-old, whose deal at Bramall Lane is due to expire next summer, is currently serving a nine-month ban after failing a drugs test in May.

Kenny's suspension rules him out until the last few weeks of this season and he had feared that the Blades would refuse to offer him a new contract.

Blades manager Kevin Blackwell said: "We're delighted, both for the club and for Paddy, that the situation has been resolved.

"Paddy has had his contract extended for 12 months and he will now have the chance to prove that he's still one of the best goalkeepers in the Championship.

"It's great news for him and the club because we will have a quality player available, albeit not until next season."

Halifax-born Kenny, signed for the club by former manager Neil Warnock seven years ago, was banned by the Football Association in the summer after he had tested positive for the banned substance ephedrine following the Blades' Championship play-off semi-final against Preston.

Kenny, suspended immediately by the Blades, has always maintained he was not a 'drugs cheat' and that the ephedrine had been taken in a cough remedy bought over the counter at a chemists.

But although his explanation was accepted by both his club and disciplinary chiefs, the FA still imposed a nine-month ban and rejected his appeal against the severity of the sentence last month.

Kenny, unable to train with his Blades team-mates, will be available for the final three league games of the season.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

ALAN SHEARER is favourite to take over as Sheffield United boss if Kevin Blackwell is sacked.

The Bramall Lane chief is on the brink of losing his job after a dramatic slump that has left the club floundering way off the play-off spots.

Blades fans have turned on Blackwell in recent weeks despite yesterday's 1-0 win over bottom side Peterborough.

The United bosses are desperate for a return to the Premier League and Shearer has growing support.

They believe he would be the talisman to breath life into a campaign that is in serious danger of being blown out before December.

They would back him in the January transfer window.

For his part, Shearer is keen to return to management after his brief spell in charge at Newcastle last season.

Then Shearer was unable to keep the Toon up and waited all summer for the call to return to take over at St James' Park in a permanent position.

But owner Mike Ashley snubbed the 39-year-old and last month handed Chris Hughton the role on a permanent position until 2011.

That has hardened Shearer's resolve to return and he wants an ambitious club with Premier League aspirations.

"He's desperate to get back in," said a source close to the former England captain. "He waited for Newcastle and it didn't happen.

"Now he wants another club. He has the hunger and he is just waiting for the right club with the right ambition."

Sheffield United have given a signal of their intentions by appointing former Chelsea chief executive Trevor Birch and have ambitious off-field plans to rejuvenate the club.

Shearer still has his television work with the BBC but I understand corporation bosses have been told of his intentions and would not stand in his way.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:36 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Paddy Kenny wants to end his self-imposed exile with the Republic of Ireland after learning to appreciate his career whilst serving his recent drugs ban.

After a nine-month suspension, the Sheffield United goalkeeper was back in action on Saturday, producing a man-of-the-match display in a 2-0 Coca-Cola Championship victory over Swansea at Bramall Lane.

It was the first step on the road to redemption for Kenny after a routine urine sample taken following a play-off semi-final clash with Preston last May was found to contain traces of ephedrine.

Although the banned substance was in tablets bought at a chemists to help fight a chest infection prior to the game, the regulatory commission hit Kenny hard.

The 31-year-old immediately feared for his future, but the Blades stood by him, and he is now eager to make up for lost time.

Crucial to Kenny is a return to the international fold, with the last of his seven caps three-and-a-half years ago in a 5-2 Euro 2008 qualifying debacle against Cyprus.

"I missed football more than anything because for the last 12 years all I've ever done is train and played the game," said Kenny, who was unable to even train with his team-mates.

"To have that taken away from me for nine months was very difficult, but I'm now delighted to be back.

"During my time away I learned to appreciate how important football is to me. You train and play and you take it for granted.

"Then when it's gone you realise you've a special job, one which I'm lucky to have.

"I'm now looking forward to the future and I want to get back in with Ireland again.

"I spoke to (goalkeeping coach) Alan Kelly a few weeks ago and I've told him I want to be involved again, and he's said he'll keep an eye out for me."

It was shortly after the Cyprus debacle Kenny's personal life hit the skids as he was involved in a brawl in Halifax with a friend, resulting in his left eyebrow being bitten off.

Kenny was subsequently overlooked by then manager Steve Staunton before eventually requesting not to be considered for future games, a decision he wants to reverse.

"I never turned my back on Ireland," added Kenny.

"I just asked for a bit of time out for personal reasons, which was three years ago now.

"I've no regrets on that, none at all. I just needed that time. I did the right thing for me.

"Now it's time for me to look at Ireland again. I'm in my prime and I've kept myself fit.

"Playing at the weekend and again this Sunday will kick start me for the rest of my career."

Kenny has vowed to repay all those who helped him through what he has described was the lowest point in his life.

"When the verdict was announced I really did think that was me done at the club," said Kenny.

"But I got a phone call from the chairman (Kevin McCabe) and he said 'don't worry, I'll stand by you,' and he has done.

"It made me realise I still had a future in the game, and it made me determined to come back better than ever.

"I've a lot of people to thank - my girlfriend, my family, friends, team-mates, the manager (Kevin Blackwell) - and all the staff at the club.

"I owe the club my career because you don't know what could have happened. Another club might not have gone the same route.

"But everybody has stood by me and I can't repay them enough."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:40 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Not really up to date on the Irish keeper situation but with Given likely to be out for a while has he got a chance of getting in?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next