AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
 Post subject: Re: Newcastle United: Tooooooooooon Army
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:13 pm 
Major General
Major General

Perez Zidane are happy with the squad .. Its been rather strange summer for Madrid ... they are not chopping and adding just for the sake of it .. Still few weeks to go ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:05 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Hard to pick a club where he fits in you need to play 4-3-3 and just let him go box to box Everton would make sense with their ambition but they already have Barkley. West Ham/Southampton/Stoke are the sort of clubs he should be looking at but he wants a team in CL and those clubs just aren't going to go for him.

Not sure any club outside of the PL can really afford him as the fee is going to be too high unless PSG want him but again he's not really what they need and the transfer window in China is closed now

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:32 pm 
Major General
Major General

Cant really see any top.club paying big buxk for him .. Madrid may come but price tag may scare them away ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think to actual CL clubs in Europe he's squad player material that's £10-15m to mid table prem clubs with plenty of money who want a statement signing he's £25-30m similar to what they got for Wijnaldum from Liverpool I guess.

He doesn't mind saying publically who he wants to play for does Sissoko he's been banging on about playing for Arsenal almost from the day he arrived in England but I don't think he's good enough. He's more suited to being the big fish at a slightly smaller pond unless he's happy being a squad player.

I can see Newcastle slashing the asking price on deadline day though to get him out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:36 pm 
Major General
Major General

If the price is slashed Madrid may come .. they have casmeiro who is better than sissoko but just like u said he will be a squad player and backup to casmeiro...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:07 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

He's not a casimero type player though he's not a holder he's an attacking player who can go box to box he'd be more like backup or alternative to Modric/Kross if the passing isn't working or they want a more physical midfield 3 in certain games

Maybe one of the Italian clubs might come

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:57 am 
Major General
Major General

I think Sissoko can do both .. Casmeiro is box to box ..his defensive attributes no doubt stood tall but he is capable of going forward .. but Madrid system dorsnt allow him ..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:56 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I don't think you get the best of Sissoko by restricting him he needs to be let off his leash so he can burst through midfields with his dribbling power.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:06 pm 
Major General
Major General

Anyway Real have publicly decline their interest through feed dog ..maybe a tactic to lower Newcastle asking price. .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:31 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Watford have signed the defender Daryl Janmaat from Newcastle for £7.5m. The Holland right-back has been immediately replaced at St James’ Park by DeAndre Yedlin, who completed a £5m move from Tottenham Hotspur.

Janmaat, who joined Newcastle in July 2014 from Feyenoord, has signed a four-year contract at Vicarage Road. The 27-year-old said: “I’m really happy to be here, it’s a new adventure for me. I was really pleased that Watford showed interest in me because I wanted to play in the Premier League.

“We [Newcastle] lost three times to Watford last season. They had a good season and I hope we can do the same again this year. The club is showing great ambition and wants to improve and I want to be part of that.”

Newcastle confirmed the signing of Yedlin from Spurs shortly after the Janmaat sale was announced. The 23-year-old USA international full-back has signed a five-year contract and becomes the ninth player to join the Magpies’ first-team squad this summer.

“Newcastle is such a big and historic club, and I’m excited to have the honour of playing for them,” said Yedlin. “Hopefully I can do great things here. I’m excited to learn under Rafael Benítez as well. He has an amazing resumé and I know he will help improve me a lot. I can’t wait to get started.”

Benitez said: “We have known for a little while of Watford’s interest in Daryl Janmaat, so it was important for us to bring in a replacement immediately. In DeAndre we have a player who knows English football well. He has good experience, an attacking mentality, ability and great pace. I think he can do really well for us and will give us good competition on the right.”

Janmaat made 77 appearances in all competitions for Newcastle, scoring four goals. His final game was the 2-1 home defeat at the hands of Huddersfield Town this month.

Tim Krul, Newcastle’s Holland goalkeeper who has been sidelined for almost a year since rupturing a cruciate ligament while on international duty, is expected to sign a one-year contract extension before joining Ajax on a season-long loan. Krul, who has fewer than 12 months remaining on his deal, is expected to be fit next month.

Moussa Sissoko, another former Newcastle mainstay, seems almost certain to leave before the transfer window’s closure with Internazionale, Everton and Tottenham interested in the France midfielder but balking at the £30m asking price. Spurs are believed to favour a part-exchange involving one of their fringe players.

With Benítez still searching for a winger and a striker, Brentford’s attacking midfielder Alan Judge is being lined up but any transfer would depend on the player, who is recovering form a badly broken leg, passing a stringent medical.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Newcastle United have completed the signing of Ipswich Town striker Daryl Murphy on a two-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 33-year-old Republic of Ireland forward sat out Town's 1-0 Championship win over Preston on Saturday.

He scored 67 goals in 225 appearances in his five seasons at Portman Road.

"I'm absolutely delighted to get it over the line and really looking forward to it," Murphy told Newcastle's official website.

Murphy, who has won 23 Republic of Ireland caps and featured for his country at Euro 2016, becomes Rafael Benitez's 10th signing of the summer.

"When I knew the club was interested, it was a no-brainer for me so I'm happy it's all done," he added.

"I think with the squad of players that the club have now, there's no reason why we shouldn't be there or thereabouts come the end of the season."

United moved up to fourth in the Championship table after their 2-0 win over Brighton at St James' Park.

"Daryl has experience and has proven that he can score goals in the Championship," Benitez said.

"He gives us another option in attack and we could see from this weekend's game against Brighton that we needed more bodies up front.

"Daryl has a good attitude and he can be very important for us this season."

Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy confirmed Murphy would move to Newcastle prior to the official announcement.

"It's a really good move for him in his career, at his age, and it's good for us," McCarthy told BBC Radio Suffolk.

"I told the lads 'come on, let's get the elephant out of the room - Murphy's going to Newcastle, let's get on it'."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42