AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Newcastle United: Tooooooooooon Army
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:52 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Newcastle's board of directors will hold talks on Tyneside on Monday following the club's latest humiliating defeat under Steve McClaren.

The Magpies were beaten at home by fellow relegation strugglers Bournemouth on Saturday, leaving them marooned in the Premier League's bottom three with nine games remaining.

Several newspapers have reported that owner Mike Ashley's chief PR officer Keith Bishop has remained in the north-east after watching their 3-1 humbling by the Cherries.

And with McClaren himself a member of the Newcastle board, it is assumed he will part of Monday's discussions.

Both McClaren and his players had a scheduled rest day on Monday, with their next game not until March 14 against Leicester on Monday Night Football.

McClaren insisted after the weekend's defeat that he would not walk away from the job, despite a dismal run of just two Premier League victories in 12 matches.

The 54-year-old, who was lambasted by supporters, said: "No way will I quit. That's for other people to decide. I don't do that.

"I have enough experience. I have been through this, I have had chants like there have been today quite a few times and that's the perils of being a manager, and especially of this team, this season.

"I have had it before, it's not pleasant and I don't like it, I am as frustrated and angry as the crowd with the performance but we can't say that's it, we have to fight and solve it.

"I fully believe that what myself and the staff are doing is right. We need to perform better and do our jobs better. We have a lot of players injured and a makeshift back four. We are not having the best of luck but you make your luck by working harder."

The defending in that match mainly by Steven Taylor was shockingly bad and it's that defence that will probably see them go down it's just awful.

It's hard to pin everything on the manager but given the state they are in maybe they're hoping that a change of manager will give them a bump with 10 games to go get them safe.

That said the sort of names being linked are Rodger, Moyes & Benitez which to me sound ridiculous why would any of them take that job in that position the only man who might would be Nigel Pearson and given what he did with Leicester he's probably the best option as even if they do go down he's proven in the Championship.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:10 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Amid the grim scenes of mutiny at St James’ Park on Saturday, it was difficult to say with confidence that Newcastle’s short-term issues are salvageable. They have taken seven points from their last 11 league games and kept one clean sheet in their last 13 matches. During the game against Bournemouth, one Newcastle supporter told me that the barrel had again been scraped lower than ever before. This was a new low in a five-year slump.

Since a 1-1 draw at Burnley on December 2, 2014, Newcastle have lost 20 of their last 25 away league games. Won three, drawn two and lost 20; it is comically bad. “We’re sh*t, and we’re sick of it,” fans supporters chanted on Saturday. You can see their point.

The common consensus is that Steve McClaren will lose his job, and may already have done by the time you read this. Newcastle’s manager is entirely vindicated in his accusation that the club’s “players need to step up and not enough are doing that”, but the buck will eternally land last on the manager’s desk. Even McClaren’s bizarre position on the board of the club is unlikely to save him.

Having been backed to the tune of £75 million in transfer expenditure, McClaren could hardly plead patience. “Steve McClaren, you’re taking us down,” was the the angry prediction from home supporters on Saturday, and they’re right. The club’s form has got worse throughout his tenure. Is this the last time we see that incredible island of quiffed auburn hair in the Premier League?

The last time Newcastle paid to relieve a manager from his current employment was Graeme Souness in September 2004, so we can safely assume that McClaren’s replacement will be out of work. While Rafa Benitez and Brendan Rodgers surely have their sights aimed slightly higher – rightly or wrongly – it is the name of David Moyes that is most logical.

Moyes has inevitably been bruised by his experiences at Manchester United and Real Sociedad, but it would be cruel to consider him unfit for this task. His time at Anoeta was undermined by his inability to speak fluent Spanish, a foolhardy move on his part. Yet there was a bravery in the move that hinted at his keenness to atone for his Old Trafford debacle. It’s harder to be out of your depth when you’re standing in a puddle. Replacing McClaren is a damn sight easier than following his former mentor Alex Ferguson.

Despite the deep resentment towards McClaren, all is not yet lost. Newcastle are one point inside the relegation zone with a game in hand (admittedly against Manchester City), and still have home games against Sunderland, Swansea and Crystal Palace. They are also still to travel to Norwich and Aston Villa, completing the bottom-six collection.

Newcastle also have comfortably the best squad in the bottom six, aided by January signings with enough quality to aid a recovery. Their apparent lack of motivation under McClaren reflects badly on them as well as the manager himself, but allows for realistic hopes for an instant improvement. Moyes’ ability to organise a defence and add steel to a flimsy back line will be crucial in surviving relegation. If the relegation battle is to be a simple case of three from the bottom four, it is a job made for Moyes.

If the attraction to Newcastle is clear, there are valid reasons for Moyes to welcome the offer too. No situation in football – and particularly not at St James’ Park – can accurately be described as no-lose, but Newcastle does afford a new manager a wonderful shot at hero status. Supporters liked Chris Hughton and appreciated Alan Pardew’s early work if not his personality, but the last manager they truly loved was Sir Bobby. Being the man to lead Newcastle out of the doldrums would be enough to redeem even Moyes’ reputation.

Newcastle would have struggled to persuade Moyes to take the job after Pardew left for Crystal Palace, so to still have a chance after John Carver and McClaren’s handywork is evidence of the club’s size and fanbase. This could be the perfect solution for both parties.

Success at a Premier League club below the elite, before spectacular fall when given the chance in an extremely high-profile job and subsequent attempt at redemption abroad. If Newcastle are to follow football’s typical lead of lurching between managers at opposite ends of the spectrum, replacing Steve McClaren with David Moyes is entirely illogical. Their careers have followed a distinctly similar, if unusual, pattern.

Yet Newcastle do not need a lurch. Supporters already feel bilious enough at their club’s underperformance without adding motion sickness to the list. Rather than a sexy toyboy or tanned lothario, they need the steady divorcee, loyal and well-meaning. Both Moyes and Newcastle are damaged goods, determined to find love again.

Newcastle wanted Steve McClaren to be better. Alas, it wasn’t to be. They now need a Steve McClaren, but better. Much, much better.

Daniel Storey

Even a manager who's reputation is on the downward spiral like Moyes would be better off waiting until next season as jobs will always come along and Newcastle doesn't look like an attractive job to me. You obviously don't have complete control on signings, you don't seem to have much coming through the academy, you have a group of players who all want to leave as soon as a better offer comes along etc. The defence is a complete mess and they don't have a goal scorer what exactly is the attraction?

Their best chance is probably the Nigel Pearson/Malkie Mackay level of manager who's reputation is so far down in the toilet after the way they left their previous jobs that they'll take whatever is offered to them failing that they might as well just give it to Shearer again he seems to be prepared to tell everyone where it's going wrong in front of the TV on Saturday night. Although the fact he regularly puts the boot in on the owner probably rules him out at the moment.

This idea that because they get 50,000 every home game they should be a top side just isn't true anymore the TV money has made attendences less of a factor now what it really comes down to is how well you spend that money. Clubs who've spent well over a sustained period are doing well at the top end of the league those who've spent badly over 4-5 years generally aren't. Newcastle after years of not spending finally turned the tap back on this summer/winter but it hasn't worked out as well as planned had they spent that sort of money when they finished 5th or even the season after that things might be different but they didn't. Just look at Villa once you stop spending at the required level for a few years eventually you get found out if Newcastle survive this season I would still have them down as one of the favourites to go down again next season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Former Liverpool and Real Madrid manager Rafael Benitez has been targeted by Newcastle to replace Steve McClaren as boss. (Daily Mirror)

As well as Benitez, former Manchester United manager David Moyes is also being considered as a potential successor to McClaren. (Sky Sports)

Ex-Newcastle striker Micky Quinn says everyone at the club - including the owner, managing director, chief scout, head coach and players - are to blame for their predicament. (Newcastle Chronicle)

If you was Benitez would you take a Save Our Season type contract say £1m to manage the last 10 games of the season with a £2m bonus if you keep the club up?

Not sure if that's what they're even talking about but it's almost like a special challenge mode on Football Manager or FIFA.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:31 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

According to SKY , McLaren is gone and the club are in advanced talks with Rafa.

I am pretty sure they will sign one of Moyes or Brendan in the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Well the reports seem to suggest a 3 year contract for Rafa that man really loves the PL doesn't he or more likely he loves getting a nice fat payoff when he inevitably gets sacked after 12 months.

I know his reputation is in free fall but come on taking over a club in the relegation zone with 10 games to go when you started the season as Real Madrid manager is laughable.

My guess is you don't want to be out of the shop window to long in the management game as you can be easily forgotten if you're to picky especially if your last job is deemed to be a failure.

His last good job was probably as the Chelsea interim he won the FA Cup & Europa League and stabilised them in the league despite being hugely unpopular with fans. I'd say he did a par performance with Napoli & Madrid nothing more than that in terms of league performance had them where you'd expect them to be but not much better.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:38 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Steve McClaren's future as Newcastle head coach is uncertain, but club officials have said the former England boss has not been sacked. (Chronicle)

If McClaren is replaced, former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will be offered a £4m-a-year deal to take over. His contract would be worth four times McClaren's agreement. (Mirror)

Benitez is due to travel to Newcastle on Friday to finalise negotiations to become the new manager, but there are concerns he is having second thoughts. (Telegraph)

Former Derby, Twente and Wolfsburg boss McClaren is furious at the way he has been treated by managing director Lee Charnley. (Sun)

Magpies owner Mike Ashley will fly in on Friday to talk to Charnley, who is expected to put forward the case for appointing Benitez. (Independent)

McClaren will be sacked before Monday's Premier League match against leaders Leicester, with first-team coaches Ian Cathro and Peter Beardsley taking charge. (Sky Sports)

Benitez wants a three-year deal at St James' Park and a break clause in his contract if he fails to keep Newcastle in the Premier League. (Star)

Benitez will be given an initial 10-game contract with an option for it to become a three-year deal if they avoid relegation.(Guardian)

Former Real Madrid boss Benitez wants to bring his own backroom team to Newcastle, and will dispense with their head coach model.(Mail)

Despite Benitez being sounded out, former Manchester United manager David Moyes, ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and Nigel Pearson, whose last job was at Leicester, are also in the frame for the Newcastle job. (Express)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:28 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

sacked...again!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:55 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Rafael Benitez has been named as Newcastle's new manager, following the sacking of Steve McClaren.

The former Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Valencia boss takes over with the Magpies a point from safety with 10 games left.

Spaniard Benitez, 55, has signed a three-year contract and brought in coaches Fabio Pecchia, Francisco de Miguel Moreno and Antonio Gomez Perez.

"C'mon Toon Army. The club and I need your total involvement," he said.

Benitez was sacked in January after seven months as Real Madrid boss.

He spent six years as Liverpool manager, winning the Champions League in 2005. He also had an interim spell with Chelsea, guiding the Blues to Europa League success in 2013.

McClaren was sacked after just nine months in charge.

Under the former England manager's guidance, Newcastle won just six of 28 Premier League games.

Coaches Paul Simpson, Alessandro Schoenmaker and Steve Black have all left the club.

Given the circumstances you have to say that's an amazing appointment.

I know his reputation has taken a pasting over recent years but that's such a big gamble for both him and the club as he has no record of managing a club at the moment.

I know he likes defensive organisation but he has terrible players they're just going to try and grind out 1-0 wins to the end of the season which might be enough to keep them up but if they go down can you imagine him managing them in the Championship?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Excellent appointment but they made a circus show of sacking McLaren!

He's been given a 3 yr contract on 4m a year. 4 times what McLaren was earning it's a statement of intent and they need to stay in the league especially with the extra TV funds coming in next season. I can't see Benitez staying around if he doesn't keep them up.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:15 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

idontfeardeath wrote:
Excellent appointment but they made a circus show of sacking McLaren!

He's been given a 3 yr contract on 4m a year. 4 times what McLaren was earning it's a statement of intent and they need to stay in the league especially with the extra TV funds coming in next season. I can't see Benitez staying around if he doesn't keep them up.

McLaren was on £1m a year? I don't believe that for one minute that's ridiculously low for a PL manager.

I read Benitez on £7m a year but he can walk away if they go down.

A lot will depend on how much control he's given they need to sign better players especially in defence but I think the fans will get sick of his boring football very quickly can't see him lasting that long.

The club needs a new owner one who wants success on the pitch as his top priority but not many clubs have this far to many money men in football now

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:28 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
In a season of desperate lows and infrequent highs, Sunday was almost a new nadir for Newcastle. Aleksandar Mitrovic’s late equaliser avoided a seventh successive derby loss against Sunderland, but there was little cause for long-term celebration. The gap to Norwich is now three points. Lose at Carrow Road next weekend and relegation will be close; you can’t say they don’t deserve it.

Ask any Newcastle supporter who they blame most for Newcastle’s atrocious season, and the names of Mike Ashley, Lee Charnley and Steve McClaren will probably take the podium positions. They are the unholy trinity of St James’ Park, or perhaps the three Japanese monkeys; see no progress, hear no progress, speak no progress.

Yet ask those same supporters for the identity of one player who personifies this desperate decline, and one name will crop up far more than most, perhaps spat out at you given the bile over his under-performance and perceived attitude. Moussa Sissoko has slumped into a semi-permanent footballing coma.

Against Sunderland, Sissoko was again poor. Playing as a wide midfielder on the left, he completed three passes in Sunderland’s half before the break. He lost possession on 13 occasions in the first half, six more times than any other Newcastle player. The ultimate indictment for Sissoko’s lack of attacking threat came in the second half, when he was chose as the stand-in left-back when Jack Colback’s ill-discipline necessitated his substitution. Sissoko’s passing accuracy of 63% was lower than any other Newcastle player.

As with many others at Newcastle, raw talent is not the problem for Sissoko. He was again named in Didier Deschamps’ latest France squad, and has 34 caps by the age of 26. That’s seven fewer than Blaise Matuidi and ten fewer than Yohan Cabaye at four and two years older respectively, by way of comparison. He played in four of France’s five games at the 2014 World Cup.

Even this stark inability to reach potential might be forgiven, were it not for Sissoko’s regular public statements of ambition. The last of these came in December and January, when the midfielder spoke of “calmly waiting” for the Champions League. “I am not thinking about leaving Newcastle,” he said weeks later. “They will not let me go.” On current form, the offers won’t come flooding in.

Were this an isolated occurrence, supporters in the Gallowgate would be far more patient. The truth is that Sissoko has spent most of the last year lumbering, offering little but a mere presence. He has started 29 of Newcastle’s 30 league games this season, substituted only five times. There has been no punishment for his wanton lack of contribution.

Two of those substitutions have come in Sissoko’s last three games, both times accompanied by boos from Newcastle supporters fed up with being let down by expensive, well-paid players. “Champions League, you’re having a laugh,” St James’ Park chanted against Bournemouth as Sissoko was withdrawn. The fans have given up.

“When you look at the squad we are a good team,” said Sissoko in midweek. “I believe in my team-mates, manager, everyone and we are a good team. We will stay in the Premier League. We have to work hard every game and start to win on Sunday. Every derby is a big game, we need to win. It will be crucial for us.”

That quote is indicative of Newcastle’s season as a whole, regular insistences from key players that an improvement is on the way. Yet actions speak louder than words, and Newcastle have taken eight league points since Christmas.

Mike Ashley may be suffocating Newcastle, the cloud of smog that hangs over the ground, but the players must share that blame. Too many have offered too little for too long. Those paying their money every week are growing weary of waiting.

Mitrovic’s goal does indeed offer Newcastle a stay of execution, but drawing at home to a relegation rival is no cause for wild jubilation. Not when one step forward has so often been followed by two more back.

Daniel Storey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:37 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Newcastle United have "virtually nothing left" in the bank, according to owner Mike Ashley.

And the controversial Sports Direct owner says "don't come crying to me" when it is all gone.

The Magpies are in a perilous position, staring relegation from the Premier League in the face with eight games left following Sunday's 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

Ashley insists they have had a "proper go" this season, after spending upwards of £80m on new players over two transfer windows.

But he told the Mirror: "All I can say is; there is a bank account. When you have emptied it, it's empty. Don't come crying to me for more money.

"[There is] virtually nothing left now. They have emptied it. I have virtually nil affect on Newcastle in reality because I only pick the board."

Ashley told Sky News on Monday that the club are stuck with him if they go down and he admits he regrets buying Newcastle for £134m in 2007.

"Do I regret getting into football? The answer is yes. I've had tonnes of fun in it but I haven't been able to make the difference I wanted to make in football.

"I wanted to help Newcastle. I wanted to make it better. But I haven't seemed to be able to have that effect.

"I think everyone can agree we've had a proper go at it this season but the results haven't been ideal."

Thing is with him and all these owners none of them seem to really invest in the infrastructure of a club the money always seems to end up going on players.

Newcastle maybe didn't need investment in stadium or training ground by all accounts thats pretty good but the academy isn't producing players and hasn't really for a long time Andy Carroll is the only one I can think of made a real impact before he was sold on.

The problem is after years of not spending the money suddenly chucking £80m around in a season where basically everyone has been spending isn't going to make much of a difference especially when you look what it's got them. Mbemba looks ok but nothing special, Shelvey & Townsend are just average PL players, Mitrovic looks ok, Tauvain is already back at Marseilles the only one who's shown consistent flashes is Wijnaldum.

If they go you just don't see them coming back as so many players will leave unlike last time where most of them stuck around to get the club back up (probably because they were all on ridiculous contracts)

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Rafael Benitez is set to remain as Newcastle United manager and honour his three-year contract following their relegation from the Premier League.

The 56-year-old Spaniard was appointed in March following Steve McClaren's sacking but failed to keep the Magpies in the top flight.

He had a break clause in his contract if Newcastle were relegated and was widely expected to leave the club.

Newcastle have called a news conference for 19:00 BST on Wednesday.

Former Newcastle striker Alan Shearer said earlier this month he would be "amazed" if Benitez stayed at St James' Park.

Shearer, who managed Newcastle briefly in 2009, told BBC Sport: "I'm sure he'll have loads and loads of offers, not only from the Premier League but from around the world."

Former Valencia, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Napoli and Real Madrid boss Benitez took over with Newcastle one point adrift of safety.

Despite losing only three of his 10 matches in charge, Newcastle were relegated with one game of the season remaining as North East rivals Sunderland survived.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Moussa Sissoko says he wants to leave Newcastle and is desperate to join "the beautiful Arsenal".

The France midfielder, part of the Newcastle squad relegated from the Premier League last season, has already told Rafa Benitez he does not want to play in the Championship.

And the dream scenario is to follow in the footsteps of his French idols at Arsenal - "the club of my heart".

Speaking to Foot Mercato from France's training base ahead of Euro 2016, Sissoko said: "It is flattering that a coach like [Benitez], a great coach, wants to keep me. But I think that he is aware.

"I have reached a level where playing in the Championship would be difficult for me. I need to continue to evolve. I aspire to play for the greatest European clubs and to continue with the French national team.

"There will be discussions. I hope that they go in the right direction. I want to leave. I would like to continue my career in England, in a club that plays Champions League football."

Asked about reports he has been watched by Arsenal, the 26-year-old said: "It is very flattering. Arsenal is one of the best European teams. To be watched by that sort of club, that proves that you are a quality player.

"Everyone knows, I often said it when I was young, Arsenal is the club of my heart, because there were quite a few French players there like Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Patrick Vieira who was my idol…

"The beautiful Arsenal. We will see. I cannot tell you if I am going to go to Arsenal. For the moment, I am focused on the French national team and the Euros."

Sissoko has started 118 Premier League games since joining Newcastle from Toulouse in January 2013.

Not sure why Arsenal would be that interested in him other than the fact he's French and Wenger in the past has liked signing French players but his attitude stunk at Newcastle last season so why bother with him?

I think if he wants Champions League football he probably needs to leave England as not sure our top clubs would go for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Newcastle are close to completing the signing of Dwight Gayle from Crystal Palace, with Rafael Benítez’s side set to pay an initial £8.5m in a deal that could be worth more than £10m.

Gayle, who joined Palace from Peterborough in July 2013 for a then-club record fee of around £4.5m, is expected to travel to the north east on Wednesday for a medical and to discuss personal terms after the clubs made a breakthrough in negotiations.

Despite only signing a new contract which runs until 2019 in April, the 25-year-old has been handed limited opportunities at Selhurst Park despite finishing as the club’s top scorer in each of the past three seasons. Palace had accepted a bid of £9m for his services from Bristol City last summer and, once he had rejected that move, knocked back interest from Norwich because there was no time in which to secure a replacement.

Newcastle have agreed to pay £8.5m up front with another £1m due if Gayle scores 20 goals and another £1m should they achieve promotion. A portion of that fee will be payable to Peterborough due to the existence of a sell-on clause.

Despite offering £10.5m to trigger Andros Townsend’s release clause, however, it is understood that the move for Gayle is not connected to that deal. At present, the England winger is mulling over the chance to return to London, with several other clubs believed to also be interested. Palace are also reported to have submitted a bid of €3m for 18-year-old Sochaux defender Jérôme Onguéné, who is also wanted by Turkish club Trabzonspor.

Meanwhile, Newcastle have signed goalkeeper Matz Sels from Belgian side Gent for an undisclosed fee. Sels, 24, has signed a five-year contract after the two clubs agreed a reported fee of around £4.5m.

Middlesbrough had been reported to have held talks with Sels, while Benítez had made bringing in a goalkeeper his first priority after agreeing to remain at St James’ Park following relegation.

“I am really pleased to welcome Matz to the club,” Benítez said. “He’s a fantastic goalkeeper and many top clubs have been interested in signing him.

“Obviously we have injuries to Tim Krul and Rob Elliot which could be difficult for us in the first part of the season, so it was important to strengthen in this area to be sure we can make a strong start in the Championship.”

Sels, voted goalkeeper of the year in Belgium last season, joined Gent from Lierse in January 2014 and went on to make 106 appearances in all competitions for the club, helping them win the Jupiler Pro League title in 2014-15.

He was included in the senior Belgium squad ahead of their Euro 2016 qualifiers with Andorra and Israel last October but missed out on selection for the finals in France. He has represented his country at every age group from Under-17 to Under-21 level.

Sels added: “I’m very pleased - I’m very happy to be here. In Belgium, Newcastle is a really big club, and that’s why I chose Newcastle.

“As soon as Newcastle showed their interest in me and I spoke to the coach Rafa Benitez, it was an easy decision to make.”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:20 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Apparently close to a £12m deal for Matt Richie from Bournemouth as well he was one of their best players in their promotion season surprised they're letting him go but guessing he's been offered silly money to go to Newcastle.

I think they're clever signings young players who've experienced this level before and know what to expect they're also quick and technically good so should do well.

Not seen to many go out yet but you'd have to assume the international players like Krul, Jaanmat, Wijnaldum & Sissoko will all be off possible Mitrovic as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Newcastle United midfielder Moussa Sissoko says he is not concerned by his price tag and hopes to secure a quick move away from St James' Park.

The France international was unable to help steer Newcastle clear of relegation last season but, after some impressive performances at Euro 2016, there is now plenty of interest in the 26-year-old.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Newcastle have told other clubs they will have to pay £35m if they want to sign Sissoko this summer.

But Sissoko, who thanked Newcastle and their fans in a post-Euro 2016 message on social media, is confident a move will happen soon despite his hefty price tag.

"Newcastle would ask for £35m? It could be 20. For me it changes nothing," he told L'Equipe.

"The interested clubs will know how to find common ground. I hope that it will be as early as possible."

Meanwhile, Bundesliga club Hamburg confirmed to German publication Bild they held talks with Sissoko's representatives prior to the European Championship, but will not continue.

At that price he's either off to China or joining a PL club but I cant see any of the PL clubs paying that for him he's obviously a taltented player but his performances last season for Newcastle don't justify that price tag.

New TV deal plus that Pogba price tag has really sent shockwaves through the transfer market

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:43 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Newcastle United have triggered the release clause of Hull midfielder Mohamed Diame, according to Sky sources.

A fee between the two clubs has been agreed after Newcastle activated the clause of £4.5m.

The 29-year-old, who joined Hull from West Ham in 2014, has made 50 appearances for the Tigers and scored 13 goals.

And it was the Senegal international who struck a sensational winning goal 18 minutes from time in the Championship play-off final last season as manager-less Hull join Burnley and Middlesbrough as the Premier League's new boys for the 2016/17 campaign.

A graduate of the Clarefontaine academy, Diame has been in England since the 2009 season when he joined Wigan Athletic from Rayo Vallecano after a promotion-clinching campaign.

After three years at Wigan, Diame moved to play for West Ham under Sam Allardyce before joining Hull in 2014.

He'd be a great signing they must be offering big wages at Newcastle to get these players to drop down from Premier League

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Newcastle United are expecting Real Madrid to make a formal bid for Moussa Sissoko and resigned to his departure, hope a deal can be pushed through swiftly.

Sissoko’s replacement has already been lined up, with Mohamed Diamé, the Senegal midfielder, undergoing a medical on Tyneside on Tuesday before a £4.5m move from Hull City after Newcastle activated a release clause in his contract.

The £35m price tag on Sissoko may slow things down but it appears Madrid may offer the Championship club two young players, most probably Mariano Diaz and Marcos Llorente, on season-long loans in order to make a deal more attractive. Real are aware Sissoko – who is back training with Newcastle – is also being tracked by Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Everton, West Bromwich and Crystal Palace but understand the player has set his heart on a switch to Spain.

Under Mike Ashley’s ownership, Newcastle have resisted loan moves and part exchanges but having started last season in charge of Real Madrid, Rafael Benítez may be keen to add two youthful talents he knows well to his squad.

While Mariano, a powerful 23-year-old striker who scored against Chelsea in a pre-season tournament last week, could fill a vacancy in attack, Llorente is a 21-year-old former Spain youth playmaker. The Madrid coach, Zinédine Zidane, is said to have particularly high hopes for Mariano, who scored 30 goals in 40 B team appearances last season, but feels he needs to go out on loan to gain experience.

Benítez is radically reshaping Newcastle and Ciaran Clark joined Diamé in undergoing a medical on Tuesday after the board activated the £5m release clause in the Aston Villa defender’s contract. Clark’s versatility – he can play centre-half, left-back or central midfield – appeals to Benítez but his impending departure is believed to have dismayed Roberto Di Matteo, the Midlands club’s manager.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko wants to join a "big club", with reportedly interested Real Madrid his preferred destination.

The 26-year-old, who has made 133 appearances for the Magpies, wants to leave following relegation from the Premier League last season.

Sissoko was involved in France's run to the Euro 2016 final this summer.

"I hope Real will come for me, I'm still waiting," Sissoko told the BBC World Service.

"If Real Madrid are interested in you then of course you will be happy, but right now I am still a Newcastle player."

Sissoko, who has claimed he has been training alone since returning to the club after Euro 2016, said supporters "need to understand" why he wants to leave.

"I spent three and a half years here. I gave everything for this club and I want to play some big games. For that I need to go somewhere else," he added.

"I want to play in the Premier League, I want to play for a big club who can get into the Champions League. That's why I said I want to leave this year.

"I've spent a lot of time here and now it's time to look forward. The fans need to understand my situation, I hope they will and that everything will be OK."

Classic don't call us we'll call you type of arrangement here.

Could see Madrid being interested based on the way he played at the Euro but Newcastle apparently want £35m for him and why would any top club pay that for a guy who'll be a squad player for them and based on his performances for Newcastle has never really shown any consistency.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next