AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young doing ROoney
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:20 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

At least he hasn't said he's leaving and that he just wants to concentrate on football for now.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:41 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
If I was a Villa fan I'd be very, very worried by this news.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:43 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Highscores: 3
I was personally very worried when i read this thread title :ohmy:

It's a good thing it wasn't the other way 'round...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:12 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Yeah, normally it's Rooney doing Old.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

slap a £12m offer on the table Jan 1st....... THE MUGS!!!! :haha:

:joke:

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:21 pm 
Major General
Major General

and we could solve our LW problem ..let nani and valencia fight for RW ...it all depends how fergie rates him ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:22 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
I don't fancy it, don't rate him particularly highly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:28 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

acording to the raido rooney has jst signed a 5 year deal with Wigan Athletic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:30 pm 
Major General
Major General

thats pretty old now :D

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:37 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
conslittlebro wrote:
acording to the raido rooney has jst signed a 5 year deal with Wigan Athletic

:huh:

Been asleep for the last 4 hours?

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

no just finished work lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:44 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Over rated flash in the pan.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:45 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Reedo wrote:

Young doesn't impress me. Not consistent enough, not good enough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:05 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Willie Eckerslike wrote:
Reedo wrote:

Young doesn't impress me. Not consistent enough, not good enough.

He didn't do well in my fanatsy team. :thumbdown: So it's a definite no from me too.

Post subject: Re: Villa 2010/2011
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:09 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Aston Villa captain Stiliyan Petrov has been ruled out for at least two months, manager Gerard Houllier has confirmed.

The midfielder was hurt in the first half of Villa's 1-0 loss to Sunderland on Saturday, and may now need an operation on his knee injury.

"Unfortunately I think we have lost Stiliyan Petrov for maybe at least two months," Houllier said on the club's website.

"We will see if he needs an operation or not - we will know that by the middle of the week.

"It is a shame because he was getting up to a good level. It was a very unfortunate accident."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Gerard Houllier wants midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker to stay at Aston Villa on a long-term basis after appointing him captain during Stiliyan Petrov's two-month absence through injury.

Reo-Coker is out of contract next summer but Houllier revealed Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner has already held talks with his agent.

It is a remarkable turnaround in fortunes for the former England Under-21 captain, who had few opportunities under previous manager Martin O'Neill after a training ground bust-up.

He will lead the side for the first time since Petrov suffered his knee ligament injury in the Carling Cup fourth-round clash with Burnley at Villa Park.

Houllier said: "I don't want to talk about the past. I don't want to bother with that. Just from what I see, Nigel's attitude and his work-rate has been consistent.

"In terms of performance, he knows exactly his role in the team. He works for the team and he has improved a lot, even over the last few games.

"Exemplarity is also a very important factor to me and that's why he's the captain. I hope he will stay with us."

Asked if there will be contract negotiations in the near future, Houllier added: "It's too early to say but Paul Faulkner has started to have talks with his agent. He knows I want to keep him."

Houllier admits he is wary in general about giving lucrative contracts to players because of the negative effect it can have on their performances.

But he does not believe Reo-Coker falls into that category.

He said: "You have to be careful when you give good contracts to players. You don't want a player, once he has a contract, to get back into a sort of comfort zone, put a bit of weight on sometimes and not work as much.

"You have to make sure the contract is not the end in itself. It must the start of a fighting experience to win things for the club.

"If you give a contract to a player it means you trust him for the future. I just want fighters.

"I want players who are very hungry for success and not players who just think 'feet up and relax'. That's all.

"I think Nigel has probably gone through good times and bad times until now.

"But he knows the years to come are vital for him and it's better to be in an environment he knows, he likes and in which he will enjoy his football and therefore improve."

Houllier has plenty of respect for Burnley as he stressed the importance of the Carling Cup.

He said: "We have done our homework. We know about them. They are a good football team who play good football.

"It's a good, important game for them and for us. I hope they have a go but they must expect that we have a go at them as well. It will be an interesting tie.

"The players are aware a win will bring them to the quarter-finals.

"Every cup is important because it is important to bring silverware to the club."

In addition to Petrov, striker Gabriel Agbonlahor (groin) and defender Luke Young (hamstring) are sidelined.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Gerard Houllier wants midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker to stay at Aston Villa on a long-term basis after appointing him captain during Stiliyan Petrov's two-month absence through injury.

Reo-Coker is out of contract next summer but Houllier revealed Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner has already held talks with his agent.

It is a remarkable turnaround in fortunes for the former England Under-21 captain, who had few opportunities under previous manager Martin O'Neill after a training ground bust-up.

He will lead the side for the first time since Petrov suffered his knee ligament injury in the Carling Cup fourth-round clash with Burnley at Villa Park.

Houllier said: "I don't want to talk about the past. I don't want to bother with that. Just from what I see, Nigel's attitude and his work-rate has been consistent.

"In terms of performance, he knows exactly his role in the team. He works for the team and he has improved a lot, even over the last few games.

"Exemplarity is also a very important factor to me and that's why he's the captain. I hope he will stay with us."

Asked if there will be contract negotiations in the near future, Houllier added: "It's too early to say but Paul Faulkner has started to have talks with his agent. He knows I want to keep him."

Houllier admits he is wary in general about giving lucrative contracts to players because of the negative effect it can have on their performances.

But he does not believe Reo-Coker falls into that category.

He said: "You have to be careful when you give good contracts to players. You don't want a player, once he has a contract, to get back into a sort of comfort zone, put a bit of weight on sometimes and not work as much.

"You have to make sure the contract is not the end in itself. It must the start of a fighting experience to win things for the club.

"If you give a contract to a player it means you trust him for the future. I just want fighters.

"I want players who are very hungry for success and not players who just think 'feet up and relax'. That's all.

"I think Nigel has probably gone through good times and bad times until now.

"But he knows the years to come are vital for him and it's better to be in an environment he knows, he likes and in which he will enjoy his football and therefore improve."

Houllier has plenty of respect for Burnley as he stressed the importance of the Carling Cup.

He said: "We have done our homework. We know about them. They are a good football team who play good football.

"It's a good, important game for them and for us. I hope they have a go but they must expect that we have a go at them as well. It will be an interesting tie.

"The players are aware a win will bring them to the quarter-finals.

"Every cup is important because it is important to bring silverware to the club."

In addition to Petrov, striker Gabriel Agbonlahor (groin) and defender Luke Young (hamstring) are sidelined.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Skysports understands Gabriel Agbonlahor has signed a new contract to stay at Aston Villa until 2015.

Agbonlahor has come through the youth ranks at Villa and is currently the longest-serving player at the club.

Villa were keen to tie down the striker to a new long-term deal and terms have been agreed to extend Agbonlahor's contract for a further four-and-a-half years.

The 24-year-old has struggled with injury this season, but he made a successful return in the midweek win over Blackpool.

News of his new deal will come as a massive boost to Villa ahead of this weekend's home clash with Manchester United, live on Sky Sports HD1& 1.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:31 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Aston Villa have confirmed that former Arsenal and France midfielder Robert Pires will join the club later this week.

The 1998 World Cup winner has been in talks with the club as a free agent following his release by Spanish side Villarreal in the summer.

Villa boss Gerard Houllier is currently short of options in midfield due to injuries while Pires has been training with Arsenal and could be thrown into action quickly.

Pires, 37, won two Premier League titles and three FA Cups with the Gunners as well as the European Championship trophy in 2000 with France.

Villa assistant manager Gary McAllister told the club's website, avfc.co.uk: "Robert has been training at Arsenal.

"I know the boss and Arsene Wenger are very friendly and I believe he's going to join us in the next two or three days.

"It's perfect. I am sure he will arrive at the training ground in good condition. He's a player everyone can look up to because of what he has achieved."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:50 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Gerard Houllier has admitted that Karim Benzema could be a possible target for Aston Villa in Januray.

Benzema has found himself short of playing opportunities at Real Madrid since the appointment of Jose Mourinho as manager, and Houllier could be about to offer the Frenchman the chance of first team football.

Real Madrid are reportedly prepared to allow Benzema to leave on loan in January, while Houllier is also believed to be looking to strengthen his Aston Villa squad.

The Villa manager knows Benzema from their time together at Lyon and Houllier has admitted he is a big fan of the 22 year old.

"If Karim wants to come and play at Aston Villa, we would sign him tomorrow," the Villa boss told L'Equipe.

"We are keen to offer him more first-team opportunities."

It remains to be seen whether Aston Villa will be a realistic option for Benzema with the likes of Manchester United also rumoured to be interested in the player.

Houllier has already ruled out signing Michael Owen, and with the signing of midfielder Robert Pires and with John Carew and Emile Heskey still to return from injury, he may want to focus on strengthening more defensive areas of his squad.

Nonetheless, Villa could face stiff competition from Tottenham should they make a move for the French forward, with Patty(TINH) revealing last month that Harry Redknapp is preparing a move for the Real Madrid man.

ImageImage
Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next