AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: United Nick Powell
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:26 pm 
Major General
Major General

yeah exactly , I hope he has good career or at least a career.. knee injuries are hard to overcome.. Owen was finished by 2006 despite being young ..Hargreaves Strootman another example ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:16 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

There are others who do come back though like Shearer and Van Nistelrooy it really depends on how bad the injury is and how well the rehab goes as I'm sure Utd have given him the best possible chance some players bodies just heel better than others.

He was a very strange signing when we made it he was coming up I think from League One at the time and the jump imo was to big he should've stayed at Crewe for another season as part of the deal and kept playing football before moving up. It's similar to the Zaha deal in a way they both signing from football league clubs and imo made to big a jump to quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:07 pm 
Major General
Major General

Shearer and RVN werent crooked and physically well built .. I dont know abt good healers but some are just strong or whatever that science is ..

Zaha was 15m and we sold him back for 2.5m amid all the talk of future united legend :p .. I think with Lvg he may had a chance .. powell looked good in his few mins for united not sure how he will get minutes under this system ..first he need to train with reserves ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:
Shearer and RVN werent crooked and physically well built .. I dont know abt good healers but some are just strong or whatever that science is ..

Zaha was 15m and we sold him back for 2.5m amid all the talk of future united legend :p .. I think with Lvg he may had a chance .. powell looked good in his few mins for united not sure how he will get minutes under this system ..first he need to train with reserves ..

Shearer and RvN both tore cruciate ligaments I think Shearer also broke his leg but as I've said some heal better than others Powell might be lucky some peoples bodies mend better than others that's just science.

Just to clarify Zaha was signed for £10m (+£5m in bonuses we never paid a penny of) and was sold for £5m plus £2m of bonuses that could be paid.

The good thing for Powell is if he plays for the U21 team and plays well and has the right attitude in training he has a manager who isn't afraid of putting young players in so he has a chance but I think his career at Utd will end this summer when I believe his contract runs out and he'll drop down the leagues and maybe one day make his way back. It's a bit of a sh*t or bust seasons for him this year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:45 pm 
Major General
Major General

If LVG finds any thing good in him he will have no problem getting him into matchday squad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:29 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

His problem will be that I think Perriera is ahead of him then you have someone like Martial coming in who will also play a similar sort of position he'll have to do some amazing things in training to get a shot imo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:46 pm 
Major General
Major General

I think he has a mountain to climb in very short span of time ATM Herrera/Martial/Perreira are ahead of him .. He needs to do well with reserves and if Herrera leaves (rumors) next summer he may get half a chance ..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:27 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

the player is contemplating calling it a day in football owing to persistent niggles and injuries...this according to the Mirror

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:46 pm 
Major General
Major General

Gosh .. Feel sorry for lad ..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-forward-nick-powell-10241571

Read this article

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Totally forgot Michael Johnson ever existed... That's depressing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:02 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

borocooper wrote:

Yeah did you ever see that photo of him in a kebab shop a few years back?

Sounds like he just never had the professionalism required to make it despite having the talent.

As for Powell obviously that medical reference they make is alarming and sounds very serious but it must be tough when the injuries start racking up.

There have been lots of rumours about him not being the best trainer and it would be a shame to see him give up but if his heart isn't in it why bother carrying on. Some do as they see it as a job but if your 21 and hate your job why carry on with it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Yeah I saw that photo of him. It was a shocker.

Agree on Powell, if he's not into it.. Pack in and find a career whilst there's still time. Bentley did and seems happier with life.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:42 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Yeah assuming he hasn't been reckless with his money he should have some decent cash in the bank so he has the freedom to do what he wants.

Some people just don't enjoy the lifestyle you might only train 2-3 hours a day but footballer is a 24/7 life you live in a bubble and have to put up with all sorts.

I think he probably moved to early maybe could've stayed with Crewe one more season but illness and injury seem to have been very cruel to him and the changes in management might not have helped.

He has become a bit of a forgotten man at times here

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:25 pm 
Major General
Major General

JSP wrote:
borocooper wrote:

Sounds like he just never had the professionalism required to make it despite having the talent.

As for Powell obviously that medical reference they make is alarming and sounds very serious but it must be tough when the injuries start racking up.

There have been lots of rumours about him not being the best trainer and it would be a shame to see him give up but if his heart isn't in it why bother carrying on. Some do as they see it as a job but if your 21 and hate your job why carry on with it

On Johnson im pretty sure he came out and reqquested media to put him out of limelight..it wasnt his un-professionalism but his injury compiled up so much he couldnt run properly ..let alone get into physical shape to play and thus suffered from mental problems also ..

I agree powell moved early but others were onto him so united moved qquickly and if im right fergie said he has shades of scholes in him .. shame if injuries has ruined his career ..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:33 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

There were a lot of drinking / drug taking rumours around Johnson too from what I remember.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:05 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:

On Johnson im pretty sure he came out and reqquested media to put him out of limelight..it wasnt his un-professionalism but his injury compiled up so much he couldnt run properly ..let alone get into physical shape to play and thus suffered from mental problems also ..

I agree powell moved early but others were onto him so united moved qquickly and if im right fergie said he has shades of scholes in him .. shame if injuries has ruined his career ..

He did ask to be left alone once he retired but he didn't help himself he went off the rails a bit while he was meant to be doing rehab so when he did come back he was horribly out of shape.

Utd could easily have done a deal and left him where he was for a year but that confidential illness thing suggests to me something serious happened in 2013 as he did seem to just disappear in his first season. He stopped playing first team/reserve team matches and no one knew why obviously now we know why.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

JSP wrote:
borocooper wrote:

Rumours are he has a drinking problem too but who knows how true that is. Still it's been disappointing after the promise of his first season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:56 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Think I recall him being banned for drink driving but that doesn't necessarily mean he has a drinking problem and sadly rumours like those spread if your seen out and about in town.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:59 am 
Colonel
Colonel

The fact the medical issue has not been disclosed leads me to think something else is up. Fletcher's issue was spoken about. Is it possible that he maybe tested positive for a recreational drug? I'm not saying I know that is what happened, but clubs often protect young charges with 'injuries' when they get caught out with recreational things.

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next