AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: Kentucky Fried Blackburn Rovers
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

The sad reality might be that they need to go down the Portsmouth route to get these guys to sell the club back to fans so it can be put back in a situation where it can survive.

The issue at Blackburn could be argued goes back to Jack Walker funding them to live the dream would the money spent on all those players back in the early 90's have been better spent on an academy structure? It's a tricky one for Blackburn as due to the region they're from the best young players will also be in the catchment areas of the clubs in Manchester and also Liverpool. The Warner legacy was a league title but also the expectation that Blackburn were a Premiership club.

Blackburn as a club are a team that should yo-yo between the top divisions I just don't think the owners realised what they were buying. Blackburn survives on it's local support who aren't the most affluent so how do you grow a club of that size? The best the Venky's could of hoped for was basically keeping them somewhere between 10th-15th in the Prem and just taking any profits they were never going to get the club any higher than that the infastructure just isn't there to support it. Instead they came in talking about European football and sacked a manager in Allardyce who has a track record of pitching a club between 10-15th in the league. They got swept up in the hysteria that surrounds owning a Premier League football club when asked about signing Ronaldinho or Beckham they should of laughed and told the reporters to not be so stupid but as soon as fans see new owners they think it's party time as they start wondering what the manager will do with his new "transfer war chest"

From what I understand of them they were led into buying a club by a group of agents who have basically used the club to move clients in and out of positions be that players, coaches or manager of course they've taken cuts of the money for all of this. The owners don't have a clue how the club should be run and are just acting on the advice of people they believe know what they're doing they've basically fronted the money and believed that their advisors would help them see a steady return on it. Instead the plan has gone t*ts up and they're left with a rapidly depreciating assett that they can either keep throwing money at or just leave to rot I sort of get the impression they'll probably do the later.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:57 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Basically the owners have been screwed out of their money, the fans have been screwed out of their club... it's been lose-lose. The owners have been poorly advised and seem unable to right the wrongs that are leading the club to ruin.

I hope they don't end up having to go down the Portsmouth route, that's a dreadful thing to see any football club going through. Seeing a club trying to survive on the brink of oblivion, barely able to put out a team other than the under 18s, is not something that I really want to see any club go through (City, Liverpool, and Chelsea excluded).

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:32 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

It's the whole greater good argument at least Portsmouth fans now have a football team and Swansea have shown if you rebuild it properly you can come back even stronger than before.

The only think of any value at that club is the playing staff the ground (assuming they own it) won't be worth a lot as it's an old stadium with limited facilities and the property value wont be massive because of where it is.

Blackburn just need the owners to either put a proper management structure in place that can allow the football club to function properly or just find a way of driving them out of the club and the only way to do that is to give up your ticket. The risk in that is they might just let the club die rather than keep pumping there own money in (which they have done) to try and save it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:33 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
You mean sneaking chickens into the ground isn't going to save the club? :D

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:54 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Every time I read about Blackburn it's gone from bad to worse. :no:

I can't even understand what Venky's are thinking, the club is in chaos. I wonder if they even know half of what's happening?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

conscience wrote:
Every time I read about Blackburn it's gone from bad to worse. :no:

I can't even understand what Venky's are thinking, the club is in chaos. I wonder if they even know half of what's happening?

I'm starting to wonder if they even care it sounds to me like they were seduced into buying a football club by agents/middle men acting on behalf of Blackburn's former owners who were desperate to find a buyer.

I don't get the feeling they really understood what they were buying into and I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour of them not know about relegation was true. The football business is like nothing else take the sacking of Berg they apparently don't want to pay up his contract and think they've been swindled by Shaw but that's how football works

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Blackburn's owners the Venky's have issued an end-of-season report in which they apologise for failing to bring success to Ewood Park and admit costly mistakes have been made during their tenure.

Rovers will spend a third successive season in the Sky Bet Championship next term after they narrowly missed out on the play-offs in manager Gary Bowyer's first full campaign in charge.

That was certainly not where the Venky's, an Indian poultry company, envisioned the club being when they purchased a top-flight outfit in 2010.

After relegation in 2012, Blackburn had five different managers in the following campaign and only just avoided another demotion with the club lurching from one crisis to another on and off the pitch.

However, 12 months on, Rovers appear on more stable ground and the Venky's have reaffirmed their commitment to ensuring they return to the Barclays Premier League.

"Now that the season has ended, we would like to put on record our thanks to Gary Bowyer and the players for their hard work and dedication in what was a season of stability and one in which we could see real progress and promise for the future," said a statement from the owners on the club's official website.

"You the fans, too, have played a huge part in that and we want to say a special thank you for the support and commitment you have once again shown to Blackburn Rovers.

"Many supporters have contacted us this season in recognition of the hard work and passion of the team and that has been welcomed.

"Our family is fully aware of how difficult the past few years have been for everyone who has affection for our great club, we are deeply sorry we haven't, so far, been able to bring the success we all desire for Rovers.

"That said, our commitment has and will not waiver. We have learned some very valuable and costly lessons in our quest to make you, the fans, happy and proud of Rovers and the desire to achieve our mutual dream will benefit from that."

Although Bowyer failed to get his side into the play-offs the signs at the end of the season were particularly encouraging as they closed out the campaign with a 12-game unbeaten season.

Furthermore, the January signings of Craig Conway, Rudy Gestede and Tom Cairney proved to be shrewd and Rovers will start next season as one of the favourites for promotion.

The statement continued: "In Gary Bowyer, we have a manager who wants to build a strong, talented team, one to get us back to the Premier League as soon as is possible.

"We also feel that off the field, the management and staff is a committed and dedicated workforce, which will complement and support Gary and the players.

"We, like many clubs, face the challenge of the impending Financial Fair Play rules and we will do all that is necessary to comply with that, whilst continuing to assist Gary in his pursuit of success.

"We are truly thankful of the support you give to the manager and the team and we want to repay that by our continued commitment in Blackburn Rovers."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:50 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes has extended his contract with the Championship club by two years to 2019.

The 24-year-old Scotland international has scored 53 goals in 96 appearances since joining from Huddersfield Town for £8m in 2012.

Rhodes' new deal comes after Blackburn have already signed strikers Luke Varney and Chris Brown this summer.

"I'm very happy. It is a fantastic football club and I'm very lucky to be here," Rhodes told the club website.

"I enjoy coming in every day and to have an extension of two more years on top of my current contract is a real bonus.

"The fans have been great ever since I've come in the place and I've just thoroughly enjoyed it so I'm delighted to be here."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:06 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Former Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has been appointed Blackburn Rovers boss, replacing the sacked Gary Bowyer.

Lambert, 46, is Blackburn's seventh permanent manager in seven years.

Bowyer was sacked on 10 November after two wins in 10 league games left Rovers 16th in the Championship table.

Lambert, who was sacked by Villa in February, said: "After a short period out of the game, I feel refreshed and I am really looking forward to the challenge ahead."

Former Rovers player and youth team coach Alan Irvine rejoins the club as assistant and former head of youth coaching Rob Kelly also returns to Ewood Park.

'An exciting era for the club'

Lambert's first game in charge is the Lancashire derby at Preston North End on 21 November.

It is Lambert's first job since being sacked by Villa in February after the club dropped into the Premier League relegation zone following a 2-0 away defeat at Hull City.

The Scot arrived at Villa in June 2012 with a strong reputation, having managed Livingston, Wycombe, Colchester and Norwich.

He had taken the Canaries from League One to the Premier League, but he struggled to make an impact at Villa, finishing 15th in his first two full seasons.

"Blackburn Rovers is a club with superb support and fine traditions, being a founding member of both the Football League and the Premier League," added Lambert.

"I bring with me a very trusted backroom team that I believe is equipped to help me create an exciting era for the club and I hope to deliver a brand of football that will both entertain the supporters and bring success."

What Lambert is walking into
•Debt of £79.8m (January 2015)
•Unable to buy any players
•Loan signings and free transfers cannot earn more than around £10,000 per week.
Last month, managing director Derek Shaw said the club are one big sale away from getting out of their Financial Fair Play embargo.

The Championship club have been unable to buy players since December 2014 for not meeting the Football League's Fair Play Requirement.

Rovers are owned by Indian poultry firm Venky's, owned by the Rao family, who purchased the club for £43m in 2010.

The club's net debt rose to £79.8m in January with Rovers in their fourth season in the second tier following their relegation from the Premier League in 2011-12.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Former England defender Wes Brown is in advanced talks to join Championship side Blackburn, says boss Owen Coyle.

The 36-year-old ex-Manchester United player was released by Sunderland in June after a five-year spell.

Brown injured his calf during pre-season with Rovers, but has proved his fitness with the club's under-23 side.

"As soon as I get the green light from the owners that I can get that over the line, I'll pursue it vigorously," Coyle told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"The proposal has been sent, it's just to come back with a yes or a no. We kick on from there."

Coyle hopes to have Brown available to face Leeds United in Tuesday's EFL Cup third-round tie, providing the deal is completed in time.

"Wes is fit and ready to play. We've had daily chats, he is an outstanding man and think he is in good shape to play now," he said.

Despite beating Mansfield and Crewe in the cup, Coyle's first Championship win as Rovers boss did not come until Saturday, when the Ewood Park side beating Rotherham United 4-2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20