AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Everton News & Views
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar has confirmed he rejected the club's initial offer of a new contract.

Pienaar is still locked in talks with the Toffees and he admits that he does want to stay with the club - but is also keen to be playing Champions League football again.

"It is seldom that both parties come to an agreement at the first attempt," he said.

"Coming to such an important agreement takes time. We have only just started discussions and we will keep on talking until hopefully we get a deal that is right for both parties.

"The fact that it is taking time does not mean I am unhappy at Everton, but this next contract for me is obviously very important at this stage of my career.

"I would like to play Champions League football again and hopefully that will be with Everton."

Pienaar - who joined from Borussia Dortmund in 2007 - has two-years left on his current deal.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Pienaar Rejects Everton's Offer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:01 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Quality player, needs to ad a few more goals to his game and he'd be immense IMO.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

Post subject: Saha close to signing new Everton deal
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:27 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Everton striker Louis Saha is close to agreeing a new contract, according to manager David Moyes.

The 31-year-old France international has been in impressive form this season, scoring 13 goals in all competitions to date.

He has attracted interest from a number of clubs across Europe.

But Moyes said: "We have always felt quite confident Louis would sign a new contract and I hope within the next few days we can get it resolved."

Saha has been enjoying something of a renaissance since arriving at Goodison Park from Manchester United in 2008.

His haul of 21 goals for the Merseysiders includes the fastest FA Cup Final strike against Chelsea last May.

Reports have linked him with Bordeaux in France, Turkish outfit Besiktas and AS Roma in Italy.

Moyes added: "A lot of stupid nonsense has been written about Louis but hopefully in the next few days we will know for definite."

Everton are desperate to hold on to Saha, who is out of contract at the end of the season.

The Frenchman, who has also played for Newcastle and Fulham, has been able to speak to foreign clubs since the start of the year.

Talks between the players representatives and Everton officials have been ongoing for a couple of months.

ImageImage
Quote:

Post subject: Re: Saha close to signing new Everton deal
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:38 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Pity he couldn't stay fit at Old Trafford! :doh:

Nice to see him doing ok for Everton though.

Post subject: Re: Saha close to signing new Everton deal
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:46 pm 
Major
Major

Highscores: 10
conscience wrote:
Pity he couldn't stay fit at Old Trafford! :doh:

Nice to see him doing ok for Everton though.

Aye. Always has been a quality player, was just very unlucky with injuries when he was with us, and it knocked his confidence. Now he's back fit and playing regularly, he's back to being a very dangerous striker.

Ah well, c'est la vie.

Post subject: Good News For Everton
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Good news for Everton:

Steven Pienaar says he has no intention of leaving the club.

The midfielder has been linked with Manchester City (or so The Guardian claims) but seems keen on signing a new contract when his current deal expires at the end of next season.

"I feel this is my home," said the midfielder. "The supporters have always been good to me and I always give 100%. I definitely aim to play here for a lot longer, why not? Talk of moving is only rumours and I am definitely enjoying my football here."

ImageImage
Quote:

Post subject: Re: Good News For Everton
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:10 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

South Africa star Steven Pienaar has given Everton a boost by committing his future to the club despite reports linking him with a move away from Goodison Park.

The midfielder, 28 yesterday, has been in impressive form of late and scored fine goals against Arsenal and Manchester City last month before Tuesday's well-worked opener against Sporting Lisbon in the Europa League.

He has been linked with both Arsenal and Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich, and has only 18 months remaining on his contract - which could potentially influence the club to sell him this summer rather than lose him on a free transfer.

With fellow midfielder Marouane Fellaini ruled out for the remainder of the season due to an ankle injury, Pienaar will have an increasingly influential role to play and any distracting speculation could be damaging in the extreme.

But Pienaar, quoted in the Daily Express, said: "I feel this is my home. The supporters have always been good to me and I always give 100%.

"I definitely aim to play here for a lot longer, why not? Talk of moving is only rumours and I'm definitely enjoying my football here."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:34 am 
Major General
Major General

28 :| he looks like a 22-23 at most

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:21 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar has been charged with drink-driving, Merseyside Police confirmed on Tuesday.

The 27-year-old was arrested early on Sunday morning, only hours after Everton's impressive 3-1 victory over Manchester United.

A police spokesman said: "He was arrested at the junction of London Road and Lime Street and later charged with drink-driving and failure to comply with a traffic sign."

South Africa international Pienaar, who joined the Toffees from Borussia Dortmund in 2007, will appear at Liverpool Magistrates' Court on March 9.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:42 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Tut-tut... I can see why he'd be drunk, it was a good win and probably were given the opportunity to celebrate. Why then get in a car?

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Cos he a fecking idiot?

I hate drink drivers. Ban em for life not a few yrs.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:03 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

idontfeardeath wrote:
Cos he a fecking idiot?

I hate drink drivers. Ban em for life not a few yrs.

I agree with you by the way. I have a right go at anyone I know who admits they've done it. Unfrotunately my Family are terrible for it.

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:12 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

My step dad used to be terrible for it, until he wrapped his van round a tree .

I mean it's not like Pieneer couldn't afford to get a cab home and pick his car up in the morning. I've been with people who wanted to drive home i've offered to pay the cab fair and they've still got in there car. I don't understand it, you can tell from messing about on computer games how much alcohol affects both your thinking and your reactions why put yourself and even worse others at risk?

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:10 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Yeah agree with you IDFD, very stupid drink driving. Warrants a long ban.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

For me it depends on how drunk he is if he had one drink at the start of the night and is only just over the limit then it's not the worst crime in the world although I don't drink at all when I have the car.

People who are clearly drunk and still drive should be banned for life it's such a senseless and dangerous thing to do the amount of my mates who have 3 or 4 down the pub then drive home is ridiculous.

You'd think footballers could afford a taxi home ffs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar has played down speculation linking him with a move away from Goodison Park.

A number of Europe's top clubs are thought to be monitoring Pienaar's situation after an impressive season on Merseyside.

Pienaar has just over a year to run on his current contract and he has yet to agree a new deal to increase speculation on his long-term future.

The midfield schemer insists he is happy at Everton and that he will not be distracted by all the transfer speculation.

"I can't say anything because I wasn't approached," Pienaar told Football365.co.za.

"From my point of view, I'm an Everton player and I don't want stuff like that to distract me from what I'm doing. It is speculation.

"When you play well there will always be talk of interest from clubs, you can say something like that. I'm happy at Everton."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:14 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

David Moyes insists Everton's stars are not for sale this summer and that Steven Pienaar and Jack Rodwell are in contract talks.

Pienaar, who will have 12 months left on his contract at the end of the season, has been linked with Chelsea, Tottenham, Atletico Madrid and Fiorentina.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, meanwhile, is a big fan of Rodwell and is believed to want the midfielder to follow Wayne Rooney to Old Trafford.

Moyes admits talks with South African ace Pienaar are ongoing and he feels it would be in the interests of all concerned if he signed fresh terms.

Although Rodwell still has four years left on his Goodison Park deal he is also in talks as Moyes looks to fend off the circling vultures.

Along with losing Rooney in 2004 to United, Moyes was also forced to part company with Joleon Lescott last summer when Manchester City came calling.

"We are speaking to Steven and things are ongoing," he told the Daily Star Sunday. "He's at a club which really suits him and Everton have been very good to him.

"There's something ongoing with Jack Rodwell at the moment, too. He's got about four years to go I think. But he's in talks now about a new contract.

"I don't feel I need to sell anyone. They're all under contract. Yeah, there will be some with contracts a bit lower than you want but every club has got the same scenario. I think some of them will look and say, 'Everton is right for me'.

"It's a good club. It's a progressive club and the manager is ambitious to take the club forward.

"I'm not sitting here with any worries. I'm laid back about it. I'm quite comfortable. Some people know when clubs suit them. I could name a couple of players who have left and who might now regret it.

"We have done well to keep our players and I think in the main the players who have stayed will say it's been the right decision. "

Meanwhile, Moyes would have no qualms starting next season with the same group of players he finishes the current campaign with.

The Scot is keen to bolster his side in a few areas, although he is more than happy with what he currently has available.

"If I went into next season with the same group of players, all fit, I wouldn't be too disappointed," he continued in the Sunday Mirror.

"I'd like to add a couple to keep things going, but I don't think we need many changes. We're all excited about what we've got here.

"I'm actually relaxed about the whole situation with players because if anybody wanted to leave it would only be poorer for them. It's tended not to work for people who left.

"I think the players here recognise we're very close to being a top side and if I was them I'd be saying there's no need to go."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a move for Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar, in what they hope will be their first season in the Champions League.

According to the Sunday Times, manager Harry Redknapp has made initial inquiries in to the potential of signing the South African this summer, with Pienaar’s current deal set to expire at the end of next season.

Pienaar will be hoping to play a major role in this year's World Cup, held in his homeland, and may attract a list of potential suitors if he were to impress.

Having lost the services of Jermaine Jenas for the majority of the season through injury, Redknapp hopes to add another attacking element to his side with the emphasis being placed on Luka Modric to provide the creative inspiration.

With a place in next year’s Champions League well within their grasp, the temptation of participating among Europe’s elite next season will be a big selling factor if Pienaar were to ponder a move to north London.

The former Ajax and Borussia Dortmund fleet-footed winger has impressed with the Toffees this term, scoring seven times.

ImageImage
Quote:

Post subject: Re: Everton News
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:20 am 
Major General
Major General

If he leaves it would be huge blow for everon

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

Post subject: Re: Everton News
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:42 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

He's probably hoping to have a spectacular WC and driving up his price IMO

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 63  Next