AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Here come the.......Transfer Gossip
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:16 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has admitted he would prefer to join Arsenal rather than Liverpool this summer.

Chamakh, 25, will be a free agent when his deal expires at the end of June and both Premier League giants have made him offers to him to sign a pre-contract.

Liverpool are hoping to tempt him with £50,000-a-week plus a huge signing-on fee, but Arsenal have always remained confident of getting him.

Arsene Wenger went back for Chamakh in January, but Bordeaux did not want to sell, and the Gunners have also made him a lucrative offer for next season.

Chamakh said: "My future? Well, I hold all the cards, I have no reason to be under pressure but every day passing by, I am a little less a Bordeaux player.

"My choice is to join a Premier League club and, if I could choose, I will go to Arsenal.

"Bordeaux has brought me so much. I will soon clearly state things so the club can prepare to find my replacement peacefully.'

And Moroccan striker Chamakh has paid tribute to Bordeaux boss Laurent Blanc for helping him improve this season.

Chamakh added: "Laurent Blanc has brought us a winning state of mind, he has taught us how to hate defeat. Both on mental and physical levels, I am at my best.

"Three years ago, I was still a little crazy. Now I can manage my efforts, which allows me to be more clear-sighted at the end of the match. I have improved, but I can still improve.

"I am not only happy to play anymore. I have become someone who wants to win. I am more a scorer, but not enough yet.

"There are too many situations where I still do a pass for a player in a better position.”

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Here come the summer.......Transfer Gossip
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:50 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
It looks like Arsenal's policy of only giving the old codgers one-year contracts might come to bite them once again.

The Daily Mirror reports that William Gallas, 32 and out of contract in the summer, could leave the club after the standard old boy deal was offered to him by Arsene Wenger.

Gallas has apparently 'made it clear' that he wants a two-year contract, but despite hints from Wenger that he would make an exception for the French defender, Gallas has only been offered one year.

Gallas could now leave on a free transfer, with AC Milan apparently 'watching developments'.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:31 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Roberto Mancini has already bought one Championship player for big money this year, so why not go for another?

The Daily Mirror certainly thinks he's going to do just that, reporting that Manchester City are sniffing around West Brom's Graham Dorrans.

Eh?

Decent player though he is, The Gossip Column would respectfully suggest that he is worth nothing like the £6million fee mentioned in the paper.

The paper also reports that scouts from Aston Villa, Sunderland, Stoke and Birmingham have watched the Scottish midfielder.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:48 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Interesting line in The Sun this morning, with the paper claiming that Joe Cole's future at Chelsea could be in doubt, after his run of shoddy form hit a low on Saturday.

Cole was taken off at half-time of Chelsea's FA Cup win over Cardiff, suggesting that Carlo Ancelotti doesn't think he's worth the mither.

And certainly not to give him a new contract with a big wage rise, as Cole and his agent have apparently been sniffing around for the past few months.

Cole's current deal runs out in the summer, and he has been in talks with the club over a new one. If he doesn't sign, then the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and Aston Villa will inevitably be interested.

Butch Wilkins is backing his man though. He said: "It is always very difficult for players when they are taken off at half-time but Joe will bounce back.

"He has been out injured for a long, long period. At first there are massive highs and Joe has had them out here. But all of a sudden you hit the brick wall."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:48 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Tottenham's search for a goalkeeping alternative has been going on for what seems like a decade, but The Daily Mail reckons 'Arry Redknapp has his man.

They report that Spurs are closing in on Croatia No.1 Stipe Pletikosa, and not just because he has a cracking name.

The paper claims Pletikosa 'is on track to make a summer move' to White Hart Lane, after being told he requires no further surgery on a knee injury.

Pletikosa has been linked with a move to Spurs for some time, but the knee problem provided a significant barrier.

However, with that now resolved, the Mail is pretty confident that Pletikosa will leave Spartak Moscow in the summer and be warming the Tottenham bench.

And they have quotes from the man himself to back that up: "Unfortunately, it wasn't realistic to complete the transfer to London this winter. We have agreed to renew talks before the summer and I hope that I will finally have better luck when it comes to England.

"Spurs have shown me great respect and I can't express my gratitude to Redknapp and his associates for the attention they have given to me. Especially when a player is injured, it really means a lot."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Without exception, every one of the national newspapers is reporting this morning that Ashley Cole could leave Chelsea at the end of the season.

The club have refused to rule out taking disciplinary action against Cole following further allegations over his private life, many of which were published just 48 hours after Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay, acting on behalf of the owner Roman Abramovich, told the club's players in no uncertain terms that the club would not stand for its image being dragged through the mud anymore.

According to Sky Sports News, Cole is likely to contest any attempt to punish him. In their report on the speculation, the station quotes The Times announcing: 'Cole is unhappy that his treatment has differed from that afforded to John Terry, the Chelsea captain, who, rather than a disciplinary hearing, received public backing from the club.'

Cole left Arsenal in 2006 because he felt that they weren't giving him a fair deal and, according to Fleet Street, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Inter Milan are all ready to pounce if his love affair with Chelsea ends in divorce this year.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:16 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Resurrection Joe wrote:
Without exception, every one of the national newspapers is reporting this morning that Ashley Cole could leave Chelsea at the end of the season.

The club have refused to rule out taking disciplinary action against Cole following further allegations over his private life, many of which were published just 48 hours after Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay, acting on behalf of the owner Roman Abramovich, told the club's players in no uncertain terms that the club would not stand for its image being dragged through the mud anymore.

According to Sky Sports News, Cole is likely to contest any attempt to punish him. In their report on the speculation, the station quotes The Times announcing: 'Cole is unhappy that his treatment has differed from that afforded to John Terry, the Chelsea captain, who, rather than a disciplinary hearing, received public backing from the club.'

Cole left Arsenal in 2006 because he felt that they weren't giving him a fair deal and, according to Fleet Street, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Inter Milan are all ready to pounce if his love affair with Chelsea ends in divorce this year.

He would fit into Real Madrid money grabbing culture perfectly, although his football style I think would suit Real better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:25 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Everton's Scandinavian scout Bryan King has confirmed the club are continuing to monitor three Molde stars.

The Toffees already had a long-standing interest in full-back Knut-Olav Rindaroey, who has previously spent time on trial at Goodison Park.

But King has also confirmed their liking for winger Magne Simonsen and centre-half Vegard Forren.

King is currently in Spain where Molde are competing in the La Manga Cup.

"I will send a report after the three matches at La Manga," he told Romdals Budstikke.

"The potential is high in Forren case, if he gets tougher in his playing style.

"Simonsen is also a very exciting player I have studied for a long time. He is working hard and is progressing well."

On Rindaroey's trial earlier in the year, he commented: "Some of the coaches were impressed by his display in training."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:50 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

STEPHEN IRELAND is so disillusioned with life at Manchester City that he's hoping Arsenal step up their interest this summer.

The Irish midfielder has failed to win the faith of new manager Roberto Mancini and is becoming increasingly frustrated at Eastlands.

However, he is expected to be back in the team for Sunday's crunch clash with Liverpool, alongside Nigel de Jong and Gareth Barry.

Ireland scored in the corresponding fixture at Anfield, a 2-2 draw, and was a key figure under Mark Hughes - particularly last season.

Meanwhile, Kolo Toure is a massive doubt for City's clash with Liverpool after limping out of training yesterday.

The club captain claims he has a sore knee.

But City chief Roberto Mancini was already considering other options.

Toure, 28, has been a disaster since signing from Arsenal in July for £15million and his place has been under scrutiny for weeks.

Mancini paired Vincent Kompany with Joleon Lescott in training yesterday ahead of the biggest match of City's season.

Centre-back Toure has complained of various injuries all week but will undergo tests this morning.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:51 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

EVERTON are ready to listen to offers for out-of-favour defender Joseph Yobo.

The Nigerian, 29, joined the club in 2002 and signed a new five-year contract last summer, but has suffered a dip in form this season.

Yobo was an unused substitute during Saturday's excellent victory against champions Manchester United with John Heitinga and Sylvain Distin preferred at the heart of the defence.

And David Moyes has Phil Jagielka working his way back to fitness as well.

Philippe Senderos was signed from Arsenal on loan but his injury means the jury is still out on whether he will be a permanent signing for the Toffees.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

TOTTENHAM are set to sign the youngest player at the recent African Cup of Nations - Emmanuel Mbola.

The Zambia international did enough in Angola to impress Spurs scouts and a deal has been struck to take the 16-year-old to White Hart Lane.

Despite his tender years, Mbola has already won 20 caps for his country and the left-back was outstanding in the quarter-final defeat to Nigeria.

Spurs have moved quickly for the teenager, beating off competition from his old club West Ham, and the transfer is set to take place during the close season.

Mbola is currently with Pyunik Yerevan but the Armenian club are not standing in the way of a dream move.

Tottenham are yet to confirm any details of the proposed switch but sources claim the North Londoners have won the race to sign the promising defender.

Indeed, Harry Redknapp has indicated the deal is one that his academy coaches would look after.

Redknapp said: "I don't know him.

"We had two kids here from Nigeria training, but I don't know anything about a boy from Angola.

"Maybe the academy have brought him in, but he certainly is not training with the first team."

Redknapp has also confirmed that England winger Aaron Lennon has suffered a setback in his bid for a first-team return.

The flying wide man has a slight tear in his groin and will be sidelined for at least another couple of weeks.

"Hopefully, it will get sorted out and he will be back soon," added the Spurs boss.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:35 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Quote:

"We had two kids here from Nigeria training, but I don't know anything about a boy from Angola.

"Maybe the academy have brought him in, but he certainly is not training with the first team."

:lol: Great vote of confidence there!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:44 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

conscience wrote:
Quote:

:lol: Great vote of confidence there!

He would have probably said the same thing about Pav a month ago :coffee:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:48 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

The Daily Mail says that 'Joe Cole fears a complete breakdown in his relationship with Roman Abramovich will result in the midfielder leaving Chelsea at the end of the season.'

According to their account of the matter, talks over a new deal have collapsed after 'Cole and his representatives infuriated the Russian with their hardline stance in contract negotiations'.

'Cole has no desire to leave Stamford Bridge after seven largely successful years at the club. But the negotiations stalled over the England winger's demands and there seems little chance of them being revived,' it continues.

Somewhat predictably, Tottenham, because they are under the management of Harry Redknapp, are touted as a possible destination for Cole, 'while there could also be interest from Manchester United, Liverpool and possibly even Manchester City.'

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:48 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

The somewhat unlikely claim in the Mail is that Juventus will only agree to sell Felipe Melo to Arsenal if Robin van Persie or one of the Gunners' first-choice full backs is offered in part exachage.

To quote their story in a little bit more depth:

'The Gunners boss admits he is still interested in Melo, who he failed to land when the Brazil midfielder left Fiorentina for Juve in a players plus cash deal worth £21million.

'The Turin giants would be open to a deal, but are eyeing at least one of Robin van Persie, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna as part of any transfer.

'Wenger is likely to resist a raid for the first-team trio, though in the summer he was willing to offer Fiorentina Emmanuel Eboue as part of a total package worth £18m.'

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:15 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Resurrection Joe wrote:
The somewhat unlikely claim in the Mail is that Juventus will only agree to sell Felipe Melo to Arsenal if Robin van Persie or one of the Gunners' first-choice full backs is offered in part exachage.

To quote their story in a little bit more depth:

'The Gunners boss admits he is still interested in Melo, who he failed to land when the Brazil midfielder left Fiorentina for Juve in a players plus cash deal worth £21million.

'The Turin giants would be open to a deal, but are eyeing at least one of Robin van Persie, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna as part of any transfer.

'Wenger is likely to resist a raid for the first-team trio, though in the summer he was willing to offer Fiorentina Emmanuel Eboue as part of a total package worth £18m.'

If that were the case for Arsenal I'd be getting Bacary Sagna on the plane. Eboue has been far and away their best Right Back this season. He also has the fans on his side now too.

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:24 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Wilson Palacios has stunned Tottenham by admitting that he hopes to join Real Madrid in the future.

The combative midfielder has been a revelation in the England since arriving in the Premier League back in 2007.

Spells at Birmingham and Wigan allowed him to forge a reputation as on the finest exponents of the holding role in European football.

Such progress earned him a £12million switch to Spurs in January 2009, and he has continued to shine at White Hart Lane.

The 25-year-old, who is heading to this summer's World Cup with Honduras, is not planning to stick around in North London, though, as he has set his sights on the very top of the game.

He admits he would relish the opportunity to test himself in Spain at some point in his career, preferably with capital giants Real.

"I am really happy at Tottenham but I will continue working for a future move to a bigger club," Palacios said in The Sun.

"I would love to play for Real Madrid.

"Today, many people respect me in England. That's because of my hard-working attitude."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:37 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Would he be using Madrid has a stepping stone to a team that can reach the quarter finals of the champions league?

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:45 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
idontfeardeath wrote:
Would he be using Madrid has a stepping stone to a team that can reach the quarter finals of the champions league?

:laugh:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:26 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

The Daily Mirror seems to think 'Arry Redknapp is already wheelin' and dealin' in preparation for the summer.

The paper claims Brazilian midfielder Sandro - long rumoured to be a Spurs target - is readying himself for a move to London by learning the Queen's, after being pictured reading an English dictionary.

RJ reckons he was simply looking up rude words (like 'bum' and 'willy') in the same way we did at school, but the man himself has another explanation.

"I need to be prepared for my new challenge in Europe and it's always better to know the language and understand the orders properly," he said.

"I've been learning for a month and by the summer I hope that I will be well advanced with the language. To play in Europe and in the Premier League, you want to be as successful as possible and I want to give myself the best chance."

The midfielder's club Internacionale have already agreed a deal with Spurs, so this one looks to be done and indeed dusted.

Elsewhere in the Mirror, there's news that Spurs have agreed a deal to sign Zambian left-back Emmanuel Mbola, and are looking for a club in Belgium to send him on loan to.

The full-back currently plays in Armenia, and a £1million deal has been agreed but the move will only go through once assorted 'red tape' concerns have been sorted.

ImageImage
Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next