Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 18/10 - Wigan Athletic V Manchester City
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:44 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Loopy Lawro wrote:
Man City have a really poor record at Wigan, I believe, but they've never quite had this quality of squad have they?

But City have had so many players on international duty in South America and Africa in the last couple of weeks, I think the sheer extent of the travelling might have an effect on some of them.

That's why I'm going for a Wigan win. Roberto Martinez will want the same result as when they beat Chelsea at home, and with Hendry Thomas and Mohamed Diame patrolling the midfield, they might pull it off.

Verdict: 2-1

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: 18/10 - Wigan Athletic V Manchester City
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:31 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Mystic Jarv wrote:
Wigan Athletic V Manchester City

If City fail to qualify for the champions league this season then they will only have themselves to blame, they have spent enough cash and should have a big enough squad and need to win games like this to give them the best possible shot at the top 4.

Wigan need a performance like that against Chelsea and Wigans squad will have done a bit less travelling over the last week and might benefit from slightly fresher legs.

Mystic Jarv predicts a 1-1 Draw

Post subject: Re: 18/10 - Wigan Athletic V Manchester City
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:33 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Thought this was a quality game aswell..both teams really went at it.

The two up front for Wigan, Rodellega and Scotland seem like they could get a great partnership going, similar to Bent and Jones I think. I hadnt seen that much of Scotland but his ability when it came to holding the ball up was fantastic, not quite Drogba like but it wasnt that far off..and Rodallega has everything really..pace, strength and a bullet of a shot. Even seems like he can pick out a good cross. N'Zogbia had a really good game too, tore them apart at times and did well to react for the goal.

SWP was good for City, was always an option on the wing and was good on the ball. Thought Adebayor was quite poor, should probably have scored in the first half but wanted too many touches. Petrov's finish for the goal was good after he made the space for himself, letting the ball run across.

Lescott was dodgy again at the back for City, I dont know if that was just because of how good the Wigan front two were playing or just because he's a bit average..I thought Bridge could've done more for the goal conceded too..if he'd reacted as well as the Zog he might've stopped the goal happening.

Tevez was creating alot of chances..working hard..but I cant say he ever looked like scoring yesterday, and they did seem to miss Bellamy actually. Zabaleta first booking was pretty harsh..so probably unlucky to go off in the end.