The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 18/10 - Blackburn Rovers V Burnley
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:30 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

SPARE a thought for Burnley fan Jason Taylor, a bizarre victim of his club's pressure-cooker Lancashire derby against Blackburn next month.

Taylor, 28, lives around the corner from Rovers' Ewood Park ground but the trip to the game will take him FOUR HOURS and cover FIFTY miles.

That's because Burnley fans have been told to report to Turf Moor four hours before kick-off and travel the 13 miles to Blackburn by coach. After the game the transport returns them to Turf Moor.

Jason said: "I'll be getting up at 7.30am for a game four minutes away. I'm very frustrated at these measures which are totally over the top.

"I'll spend the day in the car, the coach and on the motorway."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats just madness i realise they are being careful, but thats just astoundingly silly, is there a big history of trouble between the clubs?the envionmentalists will be going bananas

I realise this thread is early but wasn't sure where else to put this

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: 18/10 - Blackburn Rovers V Burnley
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:10 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
I read that on BBC earlier, it really is ridiculous. Make the bloke travel 26 miles by car to get to and from a game he could walk to... madness.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

Post subject: 18/10 - Blackburn Rovers V Burnley - 13:30
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Loopy Lawro wrote:
These two sets of fans seriously don't like each other. There's no point dressing it up, and it will make for a cracking atmosphere, that's for sure.

The referee will earn his money and it will be a great game for the neutral because it will be frantic, end-to-end stuff.

You can bet on someone losing their head, there will be a lot of incidents and probably goals scored through mistakes. I'm going for Burnley to grab a massive away win.

Verdict: 1-2

Post subject: Re: 18/10 - Blackburn Rovers V Burnley - 13:30
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:14 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Mystic Jarv wrote:
Blackburn Rovers V Burnley- Sunday

This game should have a great atmosphere and hopefully no trouble between the fans especially as all the trouble the security staff are going to including making one Burnley fan make a 50 mile round trip to a game thats 4 minutes walk from his house, thats madness to me. Burnley have struggled so far away from home this season and i have Blackburn to edge this.

Mystic Jarv predicts a 1-0 home win

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:24 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Was a pretty good game this one..David Dunn is in great form at the moment, really is a shame he's had so many injuries as he's easily up there with Joe Cole when it comes to nautral talent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:59 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

borocooper wrote:
Was a pretty good game this one..David Dunn is in great form at the moment, really is a shame he's had so many injuries as he's easily up there with Joe Cole when it comes to nautral talent.

He should of never left Blackburn in the first place the way he's playing at the moment will surely catch Capello's eye although with the strength in midfield it's probably a bit too late for him to break into the England setup.

He is a wonderfully gifted footballer the type of player England need in the centre of the pitch he's comfortable on the ball and can actually go past people from the centre of midfield. I think the key to his fitness has been pushing him further forward he makes less tackles up front and can get on the ball more also less running means he can get through 90 minutes.

Yesterday was a quality game a real derby atmosphere it was a shame for the neutral that blackburn got the 3rd just before HT otherwise I think Burnley would of come out flying in the second half instead they were still a bit shell shocked.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:04 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Yeah, a shame he moved..that was down to Souness wasnt it?

He probably will catch the eye of Capello yeah but I agree its probably too late for him now. Capello has his players and it would take something really really special for him to get in there now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:08 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

borocooper wrote:
Yeah, a shame he moved..that was down to Souness wasnt it?

He probably will catch the eye of Capello yeah but I agree its probably too late for him now. Capello has his players and it would take something really really special for him to get in there now.

Can't remember the exact reasons behind it think they just got decent money and not sure if he was running his contract down. Think he went for about £6m which back then was a fair amount of money for him.

I think it would take a striker to score a ridiculous amount of goals Owen or Bent would need to hit 20+ to force there way in.