Everton 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Draw 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: 13/09 - Fulham V Everton - 16:15
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Strange start time for a game
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everton ace Tim Cahill is ready to tear into Fulham this weekend after enjoying a well-earned rest.

The Australian international was spared an arduous trek to South Korea this week for his country's friendly date in the Far East.

The goalscoring midfielder has instead been focusing his attention on Sunday's trip to Craven Cottage and admits he was welcomed the opportunity to relax back on Merseyside.

"The international break has been good," Cahill told evertonTV.

"I've been lucky enough to stay back and just rest and prepare for the Fulham game. It was only a friendly against Korea, but it's not often that I get this chance."

Cahill will be hoping to be awarded a starting role by David Moyes on Sunday and he could be joined in the fold by Victor Anichebe.

The Nigerian striker has been sidelined since February with a knee ligament injury, but he has now resumed full training and is pushing for a first-team recall.
Investment

Meanwhile, Everton chief executive Robert Elstone has lifted the lid on the club's summer transfer activity.

He has revealed that more than £30million was invested in new talent during the recent window, with the entire fee taken from Manchester City for Joleon Lescott pumped back into the side.

"We invested considerably more than the Joleon money," Elstone told the club's official website.

"It was the Lescott money plus around £8million. We were also hoping, right up until the 5pm deadline, to add another player on loan.

"We recognise that we have to continue to support David Moyes because absolutely everything we are about is progressing up the league table.

"We squeeze things as hard as we possibly can - and then we go back and do it again. There is no doubt in my mind that we do that and we do it aggressively as we can."

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: 13/09 - Fulham V Everton - 16:15
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:34 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

All the late Sunday games are 16:15 now. The Earlier game runs too close to 4pm for Sky so they have forced the later one back for most eventualities.

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Lawro says
Quote:
Fulham v Everton

After a couple of early losses, and with the Joleon Lescott saga finally over, Everton seem to have come back a bit.

David Moyes signed a few players just before the deadline but has probably hardly seen them because of international duty.

I don't think Fulham's home form will be as good as last year, and the injury to Andy Johnson will be a big loss.

Verdict: 1-2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Mystic Jarv wrote:
Fulham V Everton

After 2 losses Everton finally seem to have put Lescott out of their minds and firmly behind them, they notched their first win last time out, they've added John Heitinga to their defensive corps too.

Fulham have lost their last 3 games including the Uefa Cup and Andy Johnson is still a doubt for this game, they have their fair share of injuries this season already and for sauch a settled side last season that has to worry Hodgson. I think Everton will just edge this gameand Fulham need to hope thier injuries improve soon and that the UEFA cup doesn't end up being their downfall.

Mystic Jarv predicts 0-1 to Everton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:34 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Im going for a goalless draw here. Neither team have looked great this season and i don't expect either to score.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:47 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
I fancy Everton to win. And if that doesn't jinx them, I don't know what will :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:30 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

Everton will include £16million worth of new talent in Johnny Heitinga and Diniyar Bilyaletdinov in their squad for Sunday's Barclays Premier League trip to Fulham.

Dutchman Heitinga cost £6.2million from Atletico Madrid while Bilyaletdinov was a £10million signing from Locomotiv Moscow, the Russia international making a five-minute appearance a fortnight ago in the side that beat Wigan 2-1 at Goodison Park.

And they will join two other summer arrivals, £5million Sylvain Distin and on-loan Brazilian striker Jo, for the trip to west London.

Fulham striker Andrew Johnson returns to face his former club after recovering from his collarbone injury.

Midfielders Danny Murphy (calf) and Simon Davies (foot) and striker Bobby Zamora (Achilles) are also expected back for the clash at Craven Cottage.

Goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer is a doubt because of a stiff neck so Pascal Zuberbhler is on standby to deputise.

Teams

Fulham (from): Zuberbhler, Schwarzer, Stockdale, Konchesky, Stoor, Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Kelly, Baird, Smalling, Duff, Andranik, Riise, Dempsey, Davies, Etuhu, Greening, Nevland, Kamara, Zamora, Johnson, Seol.

Everton (from): Howard, Hibbert, Yobo, Distin, Baines, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Jo, Osman, Fellaini, Neville, Rodwell, Pienaar, Cahill, Saha, Nash, Yakubu, Gosling, Duffy, Baxter, Wallace.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you