AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: 'Appy 'Ammers?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:55 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe, 34, would "probably rather be back in London", says his former team-mate Jermaine Jenas after a £6m bid from West Ham is turned down. (BBC Radio 5 live In Short)

West Ham are willing to bid up to £15m for Defoe but Sunderland will continue to reject any offers. (Sunderland Echo)

Former Arsenal and Chelsea midfielder Lassana Diarra, 31, might be a used as a bargaining chip for Marseille to acquire West Ham's French midfielder Dimitri Payet.(L'Equipe in French)

To be honest if I was Sunderland I'd value him at £30m no amount of money will replace Defoe and no club is going to sell Sunderland a proven PL striker in January so regardless of his age he's so valuable to them especially when you are selling to a team who are in theory in that relegation battle only 7 points ahead of the drop.

I'd be amazed if Payet starts next season at West Ham I think they'll keep him in January but he'll go in the summer

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:39 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Payet apparently isn't training and refuses to play at the weekend as he wants to leave the club.

Acting like this should scare off all the big boys as it points to wider attitude problems so you'd be mad to invest £30m plus in a transfer fee and god knows what in wages to sign him. I wouldn't go anywhere near him talented player but I think he's had his big moment in football.

Marseilles apparently want him and there's rumours of interest from China.

The only reason I'd sign him at Utd is so our fans can sing the We've got Payet chant back at West Ham fans as they'd f*cking hate it and that song is Aids and every club seems to have their own version of it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

They've rejected a £19m bid from Marseilles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
£25m is about fair I think. Looking at the options the big sides have in England in his position I can't see anyone being interested.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:24 am 
Major General
Major General

i think likes of chelsea city may try to sign him. Arsenal have Ozil Wilshere on loan cazorla. unless they are shipping away Ozil or Wilshere leaving permanently cant see them going after Payet .. OM is injected with finanacial boost so i think his wages will be damn high and looking at his career trail he hasnt been at any club longer than 2-3 years.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:46 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Chelsea could do with him as a squad player as they don't really have anyone as cover for Hazard but they would need him more for next season when they'll have European football again.

Spurs maybe as a replacement/competition for Eriksen but not sure they'd sell to West Ham fans would go absolutely mental if they did.

City/Liverpool doesn't fit the playing style

Utd/Arsenal have way to many of these type of players already not sure they need another one.

The rumours seem to suggest he's desperate to go back to France as his family are struggling with London life and being away from their home I think Marseilles will probably come back with bigger bids as they've got new investment now but it'll be interesting to see at what point they say yes.

The thing for West Ham though is can they spend that money on good replacements as their buying in the summer was sh*te

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:52 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
West Ham co-chairman David Sullivan says the club will not be selling 29-year-old attacking midfielder Dimitri Payet in the January transfer window. (Guardian)

At a meeting between Payet's representatives and club officials, a sale at the end of the season was not ruled out. (Sunday Times - subscription required)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:41 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
West Ham co-owner David Gold has suggested closing the January transfer window would stop players such as Dimitri Payet becoming unsettled at their respective clubs.

The Hammers have said they will not sell France international Payet despite the fact manager Slaven Bilic revealed last week he is refusing to play.

Bilic said the ex-Lille playmaker would not train with his first-team players but it remains to be seen if the 29-year-old will train alone or with the youth team after the senior squad were given Monday off following an impressive win over Crystal Palace in Payet’s absence.

It has been reported that Payet, West Ham’s player of the year last season, is angling for a return to former club Marseille despite a recent upturn in results carrying Bilic’s side away from the relegation zone.

And, with other top-flight clubs also seeing their leading players linked with moves away in the current transfer window, Gold suggested how he would deal with the situation.

“With a number of top Premier League players holding clubs to ransom is it time to close the January transfer window? dg,” Gold wrote on Twitter.

Payet certainly was not missed in the short term as West Ham beat Palace 3-0 on Saturday, with Andy Carroll’s acrobatic overhead kick the pick of the goals.

Before the victory over former Hammers boss Sam Allardyce, Gold’s fellow joint-chairman David Sullivan insisted in his programme notes that Payet would not get his wish this month.

”The board’s position is that we do not want to sell Dimitri,” he wrote.

“We do not need to sell Dimitri for financial or any other reasons, and we will NOT sell Dimitri in the January transfer window.”

I'd scrap the summer one just let clubs buy players from July to January at the end of January that's it and shut the door until the summer.

Premier League clubs can't complain about this China stuff they've had years of taking everyone elses talent by offering them huge contracts the only reason they got Payet was they offered to triple his wages to get him from Marseilles.

Also, IIRC the reason they gave him that new contract last season was to get rid of release clauses in his original deal on the basis that if clubs came in the summer they'd let him go.

If anyone should understand this it's the manager Bilic as he did the exact same thing to force a move to Everton when he was a player at West Ham.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
West Ham United have rejected a second bid from Marseille of around £20m for Dimitri Payet with the co-chairman David Sullivan adamant the wantaway France international should apologise to supporters before he is allowed to leave the club.

Sullivan met the Marseille president, Jacques-Henri Eyraud, and the sporting director, Andoni Zubizarreta, in London on Monday to discuss their interest in the 29-year-old after he informed his manager, Slaven Bilic, that he wants to return to the south of France. Having seen their first offer of £19m rejected before the weekend, Marseille are aware of the delicate situation surrounding Payet and decided to offer only a small increase in their second offer, with West Ham holding out for a figure closer to £30m for a player whose contract expires in 2021 having only signed an extension last February.

Having initially stated that he would not be sold, Sullivan’s stance softened over the weekend and he appeared willing to allow Payet to leave for the right price. However, it is understood that West Ham will not be bullied into selling the player they purchased in July 2015 for £10.7m given they have no financial need to let him leave.

Payet will be fined for refusing to play in the 3-0 victory against Crystal Palace on Saturday and is expected to report for training on Tuesday, although he will be working with the under-23 side while the dispute is resolved. In an ideal world, Sullivan and the co-chairman David Gold would like him to make himself available for selection again and apologise to supporters for his actions but that appears unlikely with reports that his family has already returned to the south of France.

Captain Mark Noble admitted that he was “angry and disappointed” and hasn’t spoken to his team-mate for “two or three weeks”, while Gold appeared to refer to Payet on Twitter when he bemoaned the current situation.

“With a number of top Premier League players holding clubs to ransom is it time to close the January transfer window?” he wrote.

The current impasse could yet have ramifications for West Ham’s attempts to recruit further players this month. They have yet to return with an improved offer for Scott Hogan after Brentford rejected a third bid of an initial £9m which could eventually rise to £15m, with the Championship side unhappy with the structure of bonus payments. Crystal Palace and Watford are both monitoring the situation, with Brentford hoping to receive more up front given the fact that his former club, Rochdale, are due up to 30% due to a sell-on clause.

Any plans to allow Sofiane Feghouli, who scored the first goal against Palace and is wanted by Roma, to leave are also on hold until the Payet situation is resolved with West Ham keen to retain their squad for a busy run of fixtures.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:10 am 
Major General
Major General

So Westham wants Jan window closed :lol:

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:05 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

If you listen to the reports from Payets camp it really is a family decision his wife and kids haven't settled they agreed to give it another go when he got that offer of the new contract in February because the money was just to good to turn down but things haven't improved and the family are apparently already back in France.

He will take a pay cut to go back to Marseilles so you can't really call him greedy.

Clubs still seem a long way apart on the transfer fee West Ham want £30m whereas Marseilles are currently only at £20m but I'd say it's almost certain that he'll be gone before the end of the transfer window.

West Ham really need to invest that money in a good striker though as you just can't rely on Carroll's fitness

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:28 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
West Ham have accused Dimitri Payet of showing a lack of "commitment and respect" after the France international rejoined Marseille for £25m.

The Hammers insist they did not need to sell Payet and joint-chairman David Sullivan said he wanted the player to stay to "make an example" of him.

But Sullivan added that manager Slaven Bilic approved the sale in "the interests of squad unity".

Payet has signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with the Ligue 1 club.

West Ham's statement in full

Joint-chairman David Sullivan

The club would like to place on record its sincere disappointment that Dimitri Payet did not show the same commitment and respect to West Ham United that the club and fans showed him, particularly when it rewarded him with a lucrative new five-and-a-half-year deal only last year.

I would like to make it clear that we have no financial need to sell our best players and that the decision to allow Payet to leave was in accordance with the wishes of the manager and the interests of squad unity. To be frank, my board and I would have preferred for him to have stayed in order to make an example of him, as no player is bigger than the club.

I am confident that with the quality of the players we have brought in during January already, the squad will be stronger at the end of this transfer window than it was at the start.

Number of F*cks given by Payet??? That's right 0!

West Ham didn't need to say anything just keep quiet the fans knew the score and I think they're happy to see the back on him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:26 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Dimitri Payet took a pay cut to rejoin Marseille and does not feel the need to justify his mutinous behaviour at West Ham.

The 29-year-old forward has completed a £25million move back to the Stade Velodrome after becoming unhappy at West Ham following one prolific campaign with the London club.

Payet scored 12 goals for the Hammers following a switch from L’OM in June 2015, but he left the Premier League side under a cloud having refused to play in a January match at Crystal Palace.

At his presentation on Monday, at which Marseille president Jacques-Henri Eyraud revealed Payet had accepted a “significant reduction” to his wages, the France international referred to his revolt.

“I don’t have to justify my behaviour,” he said in quotes reported by L’Equipe. “(West Ham boss) Slaven Bilic has his own opinion about what I did.

“We had plenty of face-to-face discussions, and I know what I said.

“I wanted to come back to Marseille.

“The stuff that happened previously… I’ll talk about it when I need to, but not now.

“If I wanted to play for money, I would play in another country and would do so for a very long time.

“I’m not saying this won’t be the case one day, but it’s not my primary motivation right now.

“The important thing is playing and trying to reach new heights, as I have always done.

“So is taking a pay cut a sacrifice? Yes and no.”

He continued at his press conference: “I was no longer happy at West Ham, I had to come back home. I still have fond memories of the West Ham supporters.

“Coming back to Marseille is a personal choice. I am very happy to come back here.

“It’s a place I know well. I wanted to come back here and be part of this project.”

Payet, who has signed a four-and-a-half-year deal, joins a Marseille team placing sixth in Ligue 1.

He added: “The goal is to get into Europe. Getting into the top three is going to be difficult.”

The former St Etienne and Lille attacking midfielder could make his second debut against Lyon in the Coupe de France on Tuesday night, with a league trip to Metz offering another opportunity on Friday.

Meanwhile, West Ham are offering to take Payet replica shirts back and replace them at a discounted rate of £25.

Payet was the club’s player of the year in 2015-16 – his only full season as a Hammer – and had proved an instant hit with the fan base.

Vice-chairman Karren Brady has promised all those who have had Payet’s name printed on this season’s shirt that they can exchange the piece of kit for a blank version, at a cost.

“Morning, bring back your Payet shirt to any of the club shops & you will get a new replacement for £25, full details on WHU web site today,” she tweeted in reply to a question about shirt costs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20