AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: 'Appy 'Ammers?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:45 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
£38m for a 28 year old with the seasons target (staying up) already achieved I think they'd have to take it and use it to reinvest again in the summer.

But with age my hopes have faded

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

If I was a fan I'd say keep it all the club would do is buy 3 players who aren't as good as Payet

He's a one off gem of a find now they've done it everyone will have one eye on these guys

Problem for them will be that Payet going to China could double maybe treble his salary and at 28 that's a huge temptation.

Going in to the new stadium they need a player like Payet to put bums on seats

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 pm 
Major General
Major General

Hammers score in Extra time of Extra time .. 2-1 Great header by Ogbonna .. 120+ min

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Payet signs new deal to 2021 only 7 months in to a contract that run until 2020

My guess is in return for a pay rise he's removed some potential release clauses that might have been in that original contract.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:16 am 
Major General
Major General

Absolutely right .. He is a quality player and hammers must have remove all those loopholes in his contract to protect his transfer value.. I read one Chinese club bid 38m for him ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:39 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Yeah I heard there was some interest from China but that could've just been his agent trying to get him a pay bump I'm guessing they had to give something back in return as he's 28 years old so it's not like a 5 year contract wasn't long enough for West Ham he must have had some clauses in there that West Ham wanted out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:39 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Ex hammer Jack Collison has announced his retirement from the game, at age 27 :(

'The nights I wake up in pain, or the mornings where I struggle to walk, will be a constant reminder I was lucky enough to play the game I love,' he told The Sun.

'I still wake up some mornings feeling good and think 'one more try'.

'But that would be unfair on myself, my fellow pros and my family. I want to bow out with some pride intact.'

'I have had plenty of time to mull this over and have not acted hastily in this decision and I must say that Peterborough United have acted with class throughout.

'They have allowed me to make the easy transition from playing to coaching without any issues and I now intend to repay their faith by helping the next generation make the step from young up and coming, to first team superstar.

'My passion for playing is slowly dying out, but my passion for football is burning ever so strong and I intend to stay within the game and make my mark in other areas.

'I am currently completing my coaching badges, whilst managing the Posh U18s and I love watching my own soccer school flourish.

'I have other interests as well, including a university degree in sports writing and a Miami venture which I am also very excited about.

'Although football has made me the man I am today it doesn't define me and I am very optimistic about the future.'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:42 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
West Ham midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate has signed a new contract with the club until the end of the 2020-21 season.

Kouyate, 26, joined the Hammers from Anderlecht in 2014 and has made 63 appearances, scoring eight goals.

"There is a lot of work for me still to do and I need to continue working hard," Kouyate told the club's website.

West Ham are currently fifth in the Premier League, two points off a Champions League place, and move to the Olympic Stadium next season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
West Ham have agreed a permanent deal to sign Manuel Lanzini from Al Jazira, according to co-chairman David Sullivan.

The 23-year-old Argentine attacker, who has been superb since signing on a season-long loan from the UAE club, will complete the deal when the transfer window reopens this summer.

Speaking about the possibility of qualifying for the Champions League this season, Hammers co-chairman David Sullivan told the Daily Mail: "I know it's worth about 12m euros (£9.4m), and you can hardly get a player for that.

"We've just signed Lanzini on a permanent deal for that sort of money."

Jack Sullivan, David's son, also tweeted on Tuesday that Lanzini will sign a four-year deal.

He said: "‏@jsullivanwhu: Lanzini is a WHU player for the next 4 seasons, with a further 2 year option."

Lanzini has scored six goals in 22 appearances in all competitions under boss Slaven Bilic this season.

He began his career at River Plate, spending some time on loan with Fluminense, before joining Al Jazira in 2014.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The London Legacy Development Corporation has been ordered to publish the details of its controversial deal with West Ham over the Olympic Stadium in full, following a failed appeal to the Information Tribunal.

The LLDC, which operates the Olympic Park on behalf of City Hall, had argued that making the details of the contract public would harm commercial negotiations between its appointed stadium operator, Vinci, and other potential tenants and sponsors.

It has been confirmed that West Ham will pay £15m towards the conversion of the £701m stadium to make it suitable for both football and athletics, but other details – including annual rent, understood to be around £2.5m, and the specifics of other payments – have so far been withheld. The Information Tribunal, upholding an earlier decision by the Information Commissioner that the contract should be published in full under Freedom of Information rules, decided unanimously to reject the appeal.

It said the fact that anchor tenants West Ham, who will move into the 60,000 capacity stadium at the end of the season, did not choose to appear before the Tribunal harmed the LLDC’s case. And it was not convinced of the LLDC’s case that disclosing details of the 99-year lease agreement with West Ham, which makes it the anchor tenant during the football season, would significantly harm negotiations with other potential users.

Unless it decides to appeal again, a decision that can be made only on limited legal grounds and would increase costs that have already risen beyond £21,000, the LLDC has 35 days to publish the contract in full.

A determined Freedom of Information campaign that was led by Richard Hunt of the Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust, who presented his own evidence at the Tribunal, expanded to include a coalition of 14 clubs concerned that there was not enough transparency over the use of public money to convert the stadium.

“We’re naturally delighted with the outcome, as we see this as an issue of fairness to the taxpayer, to clubs near and far, and to football as a whole,” said a spokesman for the coalition. “We now respectfully request that the LLDC do what is right, waive the right to an appeal, and publish the deal in full so that it can be properly assessed and its implications understood.”

“Naturally, due process has to be completed, and though the LLDC’s appeal has been dismissed, it will be their decision as to whether they want to continue to pursue a case that has fallen at every hurdle – with the further financial cost to the taxpayer that will bring.”

West Ham and the outgoing London mayor, Boris Johnson, have continually argued that only a Premier League football club could provide the necessary income and profile to establish the Olympic Stadium without the need for ongoing subsidy from the taxpayer. The largest chunk of funding for the transformation costs comes from a one-off settlement of £148.8m from the exchequer in 2010. Newham council has provided £40m, West Ham £15m, almost £40m comes from the original £9.3bn budget for the Olympics, and a further £25m from the government.

The cost of the conversion soared from the original estimate of £160m when the decision was taken to award West Ham a 99-year lease after an earlier process had collapsed amid acrimony and legal challenge. Johnson had initially said he would be “perfectly happy” to publish the details of the contract, but the LLDC decided to appeal to the Information Commissioner’s decision.

The spokesman for the coalition of 14 clubs, which launched a public petition that attracted 25,000 signatures within a few days, said: “We believe that the tribunal stood up for what is right, namely the right of members of the public to know how their assets are being used, and money is being spent.

“The very reason we launched this campaign was because there was considerable doubt about the use of a major public asset, and the money being spent. Don’t forget that these are terms granted to a privately owned business: a Premier League football club who will next year be in receipt of more than £100m per season just for turning up.”

The LLDC responded to the tribunal’s findings with a statement on Monday afternoon.

A spokesperson said: “We are disappointed by the tribunal’s decision. We have already published the vast majority of the contract and only undertook this appeal following very clear legal advice that to release the remaining details could significantly impact the stadium’s ability to act competitively. The ruling will result in significant challenges given the commercial realities of a highly competitive market, which could amount to many millions of pounds being lost over the term of a 99-year deal. We are considering the judgement very carefully before we decide on the next steps to take.”

The LLDC will also be obliged to reveal which costs it is meeting, on matchdays and elsewhere, and which are being met by West Ham.

The exact terms of the lease, including a negotiated discount if West Ham are relegated, will also have to be revealed for the first time. During a long game of legal ping-pong with those who sought more transparency, the LLDC would reveal only that West Ham retained all the money from ticket sales and that the annual usage fee covers matchday costs.

A West Ham United spokesman said: “We have always been clear that we have nothing to hide and, aside from the private details of our shareholders, we would be happy for the whole contract to be published. Although today’s ruling against the LLDC does not affect West Ham United in any way and we were not party to the original application or indeed the appeal, we understand the LLDC’s concern that it could impact on their ability to negotiate future contracts.

“It should be remembered that West Ham United were named anchor concessionaire of the stadium after a fair, transparent and robust process open to any organisation in the world. We were unanimously chosen as we offered the best deal for the taxpayer and the only option for a true and lasting legacy for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Our increase in capacity to 60,000 means we will bring 1.5m visitors to the park each year, demonstrating the unique and vital role we will play in the stadium’s ongoing success. Put simply, without West Ham United, the former Olympic Stadium would cost the taxpayer millions of pounds a year, with us it will return hundreds of millions of pounds to the public purse over the course of the contract.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:28 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
West Ham will pay £2.5m a year to rent the 60,000-seater Olympic Stadium, it has been revealed after the deal was made public following a legal battle.

The ground's owners, the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC), fought a ruling that the contract should be published, but the appeal was rejected this week.

West Ham will pay the sum per year over the 99-year lease, the 207-page document has revealed.

The Hammers move in this summer.

The first £4m of any naming rights deal will go to the LLDC and Newham borough, with anything above that between the two bodies and West Ham.

The rent will be halved to £1.25m if West Ham are relegated.

The LLDC, which had spent thousands of pounds fighting the ruling, said the decision could cost the organisation "millions of pounds".

But it has decided not to appeal against the tribunal's ruling.

The club were awarded tenancy of the London 2012 stadium in 2013, and at least £272m has been spent to convert the site for use as a Premier League ground.

West Ham have contributed £15m towards those costs. Last year a BBC documentary revealed the club was having many of the running costs of the stadium paid for it by the taxpayer under the terms of the tenancy agreement.

United will not have to pay for a range of staff including cleaners and turnstile operators. Heating and lighting costs will also be covered by the stadium managers.

A coalition of 14 supporters' trusts from around the country submitted a Freedom of Information request to obtain that tenancy agreement and believe the deal gives West Ham, who have played at Upton Park since 1904, a competitive advantage.

West Ham say they have nothing to hide, believe it is a "great deal" for the club and the taxpayer, and say the stadium offers a true legacy.

The club added: "Someone renting the stadium for 25 days a year cannot be responsible for 365 days' running costs."

A coalition of 14 supporters' groups and trusts of several different clubs campaigned for the information to be released. In a statement it said: "This is the right decision for the taxpayer, and the right decision for football."

Analysis
BBC Sport's Frank Keogh:

"After a long-running legal row, campaigners have finally succeeded in getting all the details of the Olympic Stadium deal made public.

"That is unlikely to completely end the story, with critics saying West Ham have got a new stadium on the cheap.

"The Hammers are keeping their distance, although insist by becoming a high-profile anchor tenant, the club is helping to ensure the venue does not become a 'white elephant'. As a tenant, it also misses out on benefits of added income which a venue owner enjoys.

"Focus may now turn to the stadium rights arrangement, and quite how much the Hammers might benefit from that."

To quote Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrells.

It's a deal,
It's a steal,
It's sale of the f*cking century

Made even greater when you consider the club keep any profit made from the sale of the old ground which I'm guessing will be sold off and converted in to flats.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:25 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
West Ham have signed teenage striker Toni Martinez from Valencia on a three-year contract.

The 18-year-old, a Spain Under-17 international, will officially join the Hammers on 1 July but is already training with his future team-mates.

A prolific scorer for Valencia's youth team, Martinez will initially link up with the Hammers' development squad.

"For me, it's a great opportunity to be here and I hope to make the most of being at such a big club," he said.

"I joined West Ham because of the progress that the club is making."

The Hammers are sixth in the Premier League with four matches remaining.

They will move to the Olympic Stadium next season and Martinez added: "The prospect of playing in front of 60,000 people really catches my attention."

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:51 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

West Ham United have offered €40m (£31m) :ohmy: to Marseille for Michy Batshuayi but face competition from a host of European clubs including Juventus to sign the Belgium striker this summer.

Slaven Bilic’s side are long-term admirers of the 22-year-old, who has scored 16 goals for Marseille this season despite the club’s struggles at the lower end of Ligue 1, and first attempted to buy him in January but were told he was not interesting in leaving until the end of the season.

They have now returned with a firm offer which would smash their club record transfer but must now wait to hear whether it will be accepted. Despite Batshuayi insisting last week that he wanted to stay in France, Marseille are understood to be keen to sell the striker they bought for just £4.8m from Standard Liège in 2014 after chair Margarita Louis-Dreyfus had put the club up for sale last month. According to reports in France, Marseille are under pressure to balance their books and deliver on the budget that they had presented to the league’s financial watchdog the Direction Nationale du Contrôle de Gestion (DNCG).

wow. the new TV deal is talking, alright

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
West Ham will have the most season ticket holders of any London club in the Barclays Premier League next season when they move into the Olympic Park.

The Hammers on Monday announced that all season tickets and VIP Club London memberships have now sold out – giving them more than 50,000 season ticket and hospitality membership holders. That will be second only to Manchester United’s 55,000 in the Premier League.

In March, West Ham announced they were adding 6,000 more seats to their new home, increasing the capacity to 60,000. They will play their final home game at the 35,000-seater Boleyn Ground when they face Manchester United on Tuesday night.

Club vice-chairman Karren Brady said: “David Sullivan, David Gold and I have always believed in the West Ham fanbase and knew we could fill the new stadium.

“Reports consistently show that we have the highest average capacity in the Premier League and every game in our final season at the Boleyn Ground sold out within days of going on sale.

“So having made the bold decision to move to the former Olympic Stadium, we are delighted to see how it has captured the imagination of the Hammers fanbase. We find ourselves going into our first season with more than 50,000 season ticket holders and tens of thousands of people on the priority list for seasonal seats in 2017/18.”

West Ham’s move into the stadium built for the London 2012 Olympics has caused considerable controversy, with many rival clubs believing they have benefited unfairly from a facility built with public money.

Last month, it was revealed West Ham will pay just £2.5million a season in rent on the stadium, with the London Legacy Development Corporation responsible for running costs.

West Ham said on the club’s website: “Today’s announcement practically guarantees that the new stadium will be sold out for every Premier League game next season, meaning an extra 1.5 million people will visit the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park each year – generating millions of pounds of extra revenue for the taxpayer in the process.”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The Algeria winger Sofian Feghouli has signed for West Ham United on a free transfer from Valencia. The 26-year-old winger will officially join the club on a three-year deal on 1 July.

Capped 40 times by his country, he will move to the Premier League following six seasons with Valencia.

The Paris-born midfielder has been a regular for Valencia since joining from French side Grenoble in 2010, scoring 42 goals in 243 appearances.

Feghouli, who has scored 11 goals in 40 appearances for the country of his parents’ birth, admits he is looking forward to playing under the West Ham manager, Slaven Bilic, in the Premier League.

“I am very happy to sign for the Hammers and for Slaven Bilic,” Feghouli told the club website. “The history of the club is important for me in my decision. Playing in the Premier League is very important for players in their careers and I am happy to play for the Hammers.”

West Ham, who continue to monitor the Milan striker Carlos Bacca, had a bid in excess of £20m rejected for the Bournemouth duo Callum Wilson and Matt Ritchie last month.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:55 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Sullivan "We tried to get Tevez but he wanted £250,000 a week. In his last year at Juventus, he was great. But 250 grand a week?" "All this business 'I love West Ham.' Well, it's 'I love West Ham if they give me 250 grand a week.' So how much love is that for West Ham?"
"I actually offered him 150 grand a week to come back, plus bonuses.
"I thought that was an incredible offer for someone who loves West Ham. It wasn't a publicity stunt, I saw him being our number one striker.
"I was hoping he would reproduce what he did at Juventus a year ago. He was a fantastic player. But where do you draw the line with what you are prepared to pay?"

Carlito has done his home work on how the new Premiership TV Deal works

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Or he's got no intention of coming back to Europe and is happy being back home where he's always really wanted to be if you want him to come back you'd better be prepapred to offer him truely ridiculous sums of money.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
West Ham are in negotiations with AC Milan over the transfer of Colombia striker Carlos Bacca.

The 29-year-old, reported to be worth £26m, joined Milan from Sevilla for £21m last summer and scored 21 goals in his first season with the Italian side.

He scored twice as Colombia got to this summer's Copa America semi-finals.

The Hammers have already brought Sofiane Feghouli, Havard Nordtveit, Toni Martinez and, most recently, Gokhan Tore to the club this summer.

German-born Turkey winger Tore signed from Besiktas on Monday on a one-year loan deal that could become a permanent transfer.

He'd be a great signing imo always been impressed by him an out and out goal scorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:50 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Dimitri Payet has told West Ham he is “100% staying” at the club. The France playmaker enjoyed an outstanding debut season after being signed from Marseille for £10.7m. He scored 12 goals and assisted 13 more, leading to the 29-year-old being named the club’s player of the year.

Payet went on to shine at Euro 2016, scoring three times as France reached the final, where they lost 1-0 to Portugal. That led to speculation he would leave this summer.

“I’ve heard about all the interest and I’m flattered but I love West Ham,” Payet is quoted as saying in the Sun. “We had a fantastic season and I can’t wait to play in the Olympic Stadium. I’m 100% staying at West Ham, I love the club. I can tell the Hammers fans that.”

West Ham’s first match at the Olympic Stadium will be against Shakhtyor Soligorsk of Belarus or the Slovenian side Domzale in the third qualifying round of the Europa League.

The draw was made on Friday, with West Ham’s opponents level at 1-1 after the first leg of their second qualifying round tie. The third qualifying round matches will be played on 28 July and 4 August. West Ham have asked Uefa to play the second leg at home to ensure the Olympic Stadium is ready.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:47 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Agreed a fee with Swansea for Andre Ayew for around £20m

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next